Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:A defining moment! (Page 11)

-Vee05- IF-Sizzlerz
-Vee05-
-Vee05-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by showstruck

Originally posted by -Vee05-

I loved when Nani and Dadi took each other's names...kya antique se naam hai...but harkatein totaal Cat fight wale the aaj LOL

did nani called dadi "Suvi" at some point?

Need to re-watch...just watched it once yet...total Dhamaka none the less! 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-showstruckNewbiesoapfanipkbs

joenet1234 IF-Dazzler
joenet1234
joenet1234

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Sari--

soul sister moments much...I was thinking the same; dadi is his alter ego...He needed a barabar ka takkar to get to his senses...And Dadi did the job. Mamiji has humiliated Khushi plenty of times and he stood there saying nothing...
Yup, I said the same thing on marriage. Do we really need to redo the vows? Do we really need a protracted RTR?  Does genuine repentance not count? A hurting ASR is a hurting Khushi...Do we really want to see that or do we want to see them sail thru this together?

Aa galay lag ja! LOL wohi tu! read your post and I am like aaj phir time washyte ho gaya! likhnay ki zaroorat hi nahi thi.. I LOL'd on the remarriage line, thinking dang it Sari! get out my brain.. waisay I need to float some ideas.. kal karain gaye Wink

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-soapsudsshowstruck--Sari--.Mandy.Newbiesoapfanipkbs-Vee05-

Pr1yanka IF-Sizzlerz
Pr1yanka
Pr1yanka

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LadyLaLa

So here are my thoughts.. as always, I will present the positives first and go easy on the negatives to match the tone on this thread.Smile

He assured Khushi that the fault does not lie on her but on him. He was the one who forced her into a relationship. Khushi appeared shocked to hear this. Because all along, somehow ASR had insinuated Khushi to be partly responsible for their contract marriage fiasco..I wish he had hugged Khushi during his conversation..Embarrassed

Nani seems to be a class above the rest in RM. At least she had the decency to introduce the new members of the family to Daadi. This is where Mami falters... Maami  was well aware of her mistake which made her hide behind NK.

Just like the way Khushi corrected ASR when he faltered, Nani and ASR will be there to correct Dadi and make her journey towards the 21st century easier.

@LLL positives first..me likey

@bold sanaya gave super fab expressions today

nani is indeed a class apart…cant be any comparison between nani n mami
@bold LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

showstruckNewbiesoapfanipkbs

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Rabba Ve Masala Ladkis  Hug

Money shot Tuesday delivered BIG time! To think when I signed off last night I'd hoped for magic and pagalpan. Big smile  We got neither... but we got better. We got a taut and engrossing 20 minutes of drama. It's the first time in a long time that the morance played second fiddle to the drama and I didn't miss it one bit. 

The back isstory is unfurling slowly and every epi throws up more kostins than it answers. "Woh Aurath", we're hearing about so often now that surely we're going to see another new pivotal character soon. For all the clues and kostins, I'm enjoying watching things unfold one epi at time, without leaping ahead or making predictions. 

So first things first - a nice round of applause to the the entire team, in front of and behind the camera for a gripping episode. It was well written, superbly acted and well executed. ClapClap

Two special shout outs - the first to the directorial and editing team. All too often the show struggles with pace, the action either feels too rushed or too slow. Today it was perfectly paced. The second shout out is to Swati Chitnis. She's come in and made everyone around her better. When an actor in command of the craft steps on the sets, everyone else is forced to up their game and today that happened. Star

The big dramatic scene between daadi and Arnav was where the spotlight was meant to be and it was a great scene, but my favorite scene from today was between Khushi and Arnav. I saw the deepening of the relationship in such a meaningful way that it thrilled me. Heart

Arnav grew into his shoes as as a husband. "It is not your fault. I don't for a moment want you to blame yourself".  Reassurance where his wife is most vulnerable. She plays the blame game, only the blame she heaps is on herself. NOT anymore! He will take the fall, because it is only right. Clap

What contract shaadi? I wanted the full 8 days of wooing because it is sooo fun but if they said no more about it and just settled into life as Mrs and Mr. Raizada, it would feel RIGHT! No words necessary, they're simply living as husband and wife --- in all ways but one which is utterly baffling, but I won't go there! Wink  If after all this they need any kind of wedding, private or public, I'm reading this relationship all wrong. Yes, the world outside may need it so he will likely give it to her.

Love, respect, trust... but also a willingness to recognize and protect his wife's deepest vulnerability - her self blame habit. The next step ought to be his willingness to be vulnerable to his wife and let her provide strength and succor. She is eager to do just that.  

They've both struggled mightily with it. Two strong independent people who've shouldered burdens for others, never have they laid their burdens at others' feet. How many times have we heard him  say "Tum har cheez akeli nahin kar sakti"? The final step for both has to be the confidence to be vulnerable to the other. We've seen her start to take a baby step. When she went haring off after Di her instinct was to reach for her phone and call him, although she back tracked pretty quickly! LOL Will he start to lay his burden at her feet? I think so... can't wait! 

Khushi is starting to see the tip of the iceberg that is ASR and is eager to discover more. Who is ASR? Khushi's asked this kostin many times to no avail. Chip...old block, apple...tree. Now the answers are clearer. He's daadi's potha. When he described daadi, didn't Khushi hear her own  echoes from the bridge scene? Then she'd said to him, "what truth? You're miles away from it. You saw what you wanted to see, a truth of your making". Today Arnav tells her where that comes from. 

Daadi sees Khushi, takes her to be household help and gets doused by dirty water. First impressions are lasting impressions with the uber orthodox, elitist, dogmatic daadi. Well, Khushi... she gets off on the wrong foot (literally and figuratively!) Ouch  If that does not perfectly mirror Arnav's reaction to the infamous terrace scene, I don't know what does. Tongue

Poor Khushi, always at the wrong place at the wrong time... for all her strength and courage, she's a character who's been largely powerless at the hands of destiny. Little wonder then that she plans little and believes so strongly in the power of Devi maiyya to write her fate and those of others around her. So her husband now has taught her that to some degree she can write her own fate and she's teaching him that to a great extent he can't. The truth... it always lies somewhere in the middle, right? Big smile

Daadi has been set up to be an intriguing character... at this point whether one likes her or not is irrelevant. She is a commanding presence, one that cannot be ignored. She is firm, infuriatingly opinionated, prejudiced... BUT a straight shooter. She will be fiercely protective of those she loves and will slam the door ruthlessly on those on the outside. Sound like anyone we know? Tongue  But Arnav is also Nani's grandson - he has her genes too, and more importantly her upbringing and values. I like the undercurrent of the nature vs nurture conflict being set up here. Thumbs Up

Regret, Apology, Penance? Do we really any of those or a separate track for any of those? With every choice he makes, every action he takes isn't Arnav showing us all three? More importantly he's showing us something that makes all three count for something. He's showing us a desire and an intent to right the  wrongs.

I do know that not everyone shares this view but talk is cheap. If we can't infer motive, goals and emotions from actions, then we're not looking hard or carefully. With due apology to Helen Keller for mauling her words - The most important things in the world cannot always be seen, heard or even touched, they must be felt with the heart AND be demonstrated unequivocally through choice. 

The following 28 member(s) liked the above post:

newipkkjerryiktahseenghoriashwink630Mahika84moonlight99Sahana2purplenpink-Maggie--Pallavi-maaloomeens80Rag1niHriju321joenet1234howcomeN112premparbat--Sari---monalisa-soapsudsmadmaxine.Mandy.-Vee05-Pr1yankaNewbiesoapfanipkbspolly_mk

MaddyAddy Goldie
MaddyAddy
MaddyAddy

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
Eagerly awaited your post today Smile

loved these last few lines!

nope, they certainly don't need a re-marriage for they have moved into the zone where 'how it happened' isn't half as important as them 'being together' Embarrassed 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

--Sari--soapsuds.Mandy.-Vee05-ipkbs

Pr1yanka IF-Sizzlerz
Pr1yanka
Pr1yanka

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by meens80

The shining star today was ASRThumbs Up: from the slight smile on his lips when Nani introduced Khushi as his wife to Dadi to the honest confession to Khushi of how he was responsible for forcing Khushi into the marriage to his respected but stern stance before Dadi about his decisions and relationships to finally his open declaration of support for and standing up for his wife infront of Dadi; the man and the layers to his character shone through beautifully.   

The just and objective matriarch who has spent a lifetime trying to keep her family together and bring them out of the tragedy they faced years back was fantastically done by Nani. I loved her silent support to Arnav throughout and the smile and pride on her face when she sees Arnav stand up for his wife.

The Dadi-Arnav face off was epic; a scene that can give any good ARHI scene a run for its money, the attitude, arrogance, lordliness and confidence all trademarks of the Maliks with the ziddi gramdma grandson jodi refusing to cave even though they meet after years. Arnav again tightens at the mention of his father; grits his teeth in anger and guarantees' all that he never was and never will be like his dad who he clearly resents. He stands up for Nani and takes responsibility for not informing anyone about his wedding and most importantly he cuts Dadi short, walks out and stands by his wife finally assuring her of her place in his life, of her true haq on him. Today he took responsibility for his actions and emerged her protector and I love the way they are redeeming his character in true ASR style. What he did today was way more than a paltry "sorry". He knows he has wronged her and he will do it all to make it rightDay Dreaming. I knew way back we won't have a particular redemption track as such but for ASR it will be ongoing; he will stand by her through thick and thin, do everything to make her smile and keep the tears away, to give her the respect and trust she deserves and today he has taken the first few steps in the right directionHeart Thumbs Up. Well done ASR; Khushi's eyes spoke volumes of the place you occupy in her heart and life and I'm loving the intense, mature turn the story is taking.

@meens wowie post…above was my fav part…this was truly better than a sorry or other much discussed ways of the infamed redemption

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

meens80showstruckipkbs

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
If Swathi C is a famous actor, the PH could not have casted her over a week...meaning they have thought about this track. I so want them to carry this one forward with balance and no sudden change..

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-premparbat-Vee05-NewbiesoapfanPr1yankaipkbs

.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:47pm | IP Logged

Sanjana loved your post, Arnav could have easily done what he did to the rest who dared to question him, walk away after speaking his mind but he didn't. Arnav stepped out to stand by Khushi's side but at the same time he stayed to hear what Dadi had to say. He dared to go face to face with her

Originally posted by veeps

5) How can I NOT mention this??? Bhej diya na Goat-wa ko sherni ke pinjre mein??? ROFL Oh fine, How about Aisan Daadi Saas mile hain, tumka to hamare par dho kar Paani pena chahiye ??? As eww as that is, she is so damned right. For now. Daadi is so falling in love with Khushi eventually. The woman is too similar to Arnie not to. But of course, she will fight it as much Arnie did. Wink Par eventually, she is also gonna go, yeh kya kar diya tume mere saath...LOL I can actually see a scene where Khushi is high on her Sanak mode and both Daadi and Arnie sharing a look...yes, yes, SKD only...

ROFL

Isha, true this is not your typical saas bahu drama just like last time it is Arnav and Khushi facing this challenge together. Neither one are going to be spared by Dadi here.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-howcomeipkbsNewbiesoapfan

Go to top