Spice Girls Hangout:A defining moment! - Page 25

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-monalisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: showstruck

Looks like sob sogaye...Good night allπŸ˜ƒ

Night Israt!  Don't feel like leaving, but my eyes are shutting.  Ok, took me 4 attempts to type this. πŸ₯±
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Updated on page 9 ... repeating the post here.

Warning ... prepare for a long rambling take! πŸ˜†
I don't remember who coined the term RTR ... I do remember it was used first on Sushpective/SG Hangout and I was a fierce proponent of it. And today I am very, very happy, because I see the long walk on that RTR has well and truly started. πŸ‘

Maybe the first few baby steps started as long back as immediately after the wedding, when despite proclaiming he would never accept Khushi as his wife, either to himself or to the world, Arnav set about doing exactly that and negating his own words ... be it at the munh dikhayi at RM, the acceptance of his position as 'damaad' at GH and all the help he gave there, the way he carried out Khushi from DM's temple after proclaiming her his wife in front of the world, by accepting her as his wife, Mrs KKGSR, in various offices ... unknowingly Arnav has already been redeeming a few of the wrongs he did Khushi by that forced wedding.

The conscious walk started a few days ago at the GH, when Arnav said his first sorry to Khushi ... "Sorry that I hurt you." Maybe even before that, when he said "I trust Khushi" in front of the entire family ...
He took a few steps backward when he promptly accused her of spoiling Di's life and leading Shyam on and hurting her again ... but after that, he has started his walk on the RTR and mostly stayed on the right path, with a few wobbles.

And now, faced with a mirror image of himself, in the form of his Dadi, Arnav will see first hand all the wrongs he did Khushi from the start of their relationship, he will feel the hurt of each and every one, he will feel the pain Khushi went through ... and he will right those wrongs. And maybe somewhere down the line, he will realise that his Dadi is treading his own path ... maybe not ... it doesn't really matter.

First impression - he thought Khushi was a gold-digger, low aukat ... out for what she could get ... and persisted in that impression even though everyone in the house, chiefly Nani and Anjali, tried to show him otherwise.
Today ... Dadi thought Khushi was a maidservant, low aukat ... and when told her mistake, is far from happy or even apologetic ... she continues to be angry with Khushi and refuse to accept her. Her first impression - and she is always right.
So Arnav stands by her ... this is my wife, if you accept her well and good, if you don't, it's your problem, not mine. πŸ‘

Scenes today - first scene - the hesitation in Arnav when he sees Dadi, the memories brought back, encouraged by Nani to approach her, the initial formal stiff bend to touch feet ... the gladness in Dadi as she moves to embrace her grandson, and Arnav finally unbends and hugs her back ...
Nani - wise matriarch, moves quickly to introduce the two new bahus ... Dadi is not interested in Payal ... the news that Khushi is her bahu shocks her ... the pride in Arnav's face as Nani calls Khushi to introduce her 😳 ... the expression as he notices Dadi's withdrawal ... and he is not happy at this insult to Khushi ...

Nani, again ever-wise, goes to samjhao Dadi ... who instead of being appeased, questions Nani's upbringing ... how did you let this happen? Damaadji missing, no one told me about my grandson's marriage ... and Nani is not one to take things lying down either ... she questions her right back ... you disappeared, you abdicated your responsibility, and you don't even want to talk about the past (shades of Anjali here?) ... and you want to question me?!
LOVED Nani here! And loved the scene ... showed the rest of the tellyworld that one can show an argument without turning it into a shouting shrieking match ... neither of the two women raised their voices and the scene was thick with emotions.

ArHi - the Khushification of Arnav again ... in pain and turmoil himself from the memories churned up ... Khushi, being Khushi takes the onus, the blame on herself again ... it must have been something she did wrong, some mistake she made ... and he looks past his own turmoil to comfort her, to assure her that no, it was not her mistake, nothing about the marriage was her mistake, it was all his ... and it's not her fault, it's his Dadi ...
Somehow this reminded me of the Khushi Sholay scene ... which Arnav witnessed ... Khushi has been left in the middle of the road by Arnav, yet when he reached her home, he saw her trying to cheer up her sister and Bua, rather than cry about her own horrendous evening ...

Did anybody else laugh when Arnav was describing Dadi to Khushi? If I had been Khushi, I would have asked him ... dude, I know exactly what you are like, but I need to know, what is Dadi like?
Dadi refuses to see other's point of view, she is always right, the other is always wrong ... sounds very familiar pertaining to a TDH dude till a short while back, when a certain petite, pretty hurricane hurtled into his life, started to tell him off, and never stopped. πŸ˜›

Another big step on the RTR ... today Arnav acknowledges for the first time to Khushi that the forced marriage was all his fault, his mistake, she was not responsible at all.

Arnav-Dadi ... a crackerjack of a scene ... the Blast from the Past emerges (whoopiee!!! πŸ˜†) ... again Arnav's father, the differences between father and son, while Dadi acknowledges that her son was hot headed and stubborn like her grandson, but she is horrified that Arnav refuses to even mention his name, has shut his father out of his life completely. And loved the way Arnav asks her exactly the same questions that Nani did ... the shadows of his old hurt, anguish emerging ...the anguish of the abandoned child of 15 years ago ... lost his parents, grandmother and home ... betrayal by his own chacha ...

And Dadi's repeated references to "the other woman"
seem to indicate that like most old women, she will be happy to blame the other woman for her own son's lapses ... and by extension, Khushi, for what she sees as Arnav's lapse of judgement in marrying her ... Barun, Swati C and Jayshree T ... all three were fabulous here πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Loved the surprise. the gratitude and pride in Khushi's eyes when Arnav walks out to stand by her ... and the pride and happiness in Nani's eyes at her grandson's action.
And loved Khushi's WT* expression when Dadi tells Arnav ... 'don't turn your back when I'm talking to you." Like - now I know where you got that from. It runs in the family!
Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: -monalisa-

Night Israt!  Don't feel like leaving, but my eyes are shutting.  Ok, took me 4 attempts to type this. πŸ₯±

2.5 what the?😑
showstruck thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Mandy.

2.5 is good, many of the other shows saw their TRPs drop so the fact remained steady is a positive sign and we are still in the top 10

i think except two other shows all shows have a drop. we are stable...next week should be better,,,,cvs please dont mess it up.
Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Originally posted by: DiyaS

Updated on page 9 ... repeating the post here.

Warning ... prepare for a long rambling take! πŸ˜†
I don't remember who coined the term RTR ... I do remember it was used first on Sushpective/SG Hangout and I was a fierce proponent of it. And today I am very, very happy, because I see the long walk on that RTR has well and truly started. πŸ‘

Maybe the first few baby steps started as long back as immediately after the wedding, when despite proclaiming he would never accept Khushi as his wife, either to himself or to the world, Arnav set about doing exactly that and negating his own words ... be it at the munh dikhayi at RM, the acceptance of his position as 'damaad' at GH and all the help he gave there, the way he carried out Khushi from DM's temple after proclaiming her his wife in front of the world, by accepting her as his wife, Mrs KKGSR, in various offices ... unknowingly Arnav has already been redeeming a few of the wrongs he did Khushi by that forced wedding.

The conscious walk started a few days ago at the GH, when Arnav said his first sorry to Khushi ... "Sorry that I hurt you." Maybe even before that, when he said "I trust Khushi" in front of the entire family ...
He took a few steps backward when he promptly accused her of spoiling Di's life and leading Shyam on and hurting her again ... but after that, he has started his walk on the RTR and mostly stayed on the right path, with a few wobbles.

And now, faced with a mirror image of himself, in the form of his Dadi, Arnav will see first hand all the wrongs he did Khushi from the start of their relationship, he will feel the hurt of each and every one, he will feel the pain Khushi went through ... and he will right those wrongs. And maybe somewhere down the line, he will realise that his Dadi is treading his own path ... maybe not ... it doesn't really matter.

First impression - he thought Khushi was a gold-digger, low aukat ... out for what she could get ... and persisted in that impression even though everyone in the house, chiefly Nani and Anjali, tried to show him otherwise.
Today ... Dadi thought Khushi was a maidservant, low aukat ... and when told her mistake, is far from happy or even apologetic ... she continues to be angry with Khushi and refuse to accept her. Her first impression - and she is always right.
So Arnav stands by her ... this is my wife, if you accept her well and good, if you don't, it's your problem, not mine. πŸ‘

Scenes today - first scene - the hesitation in Arnav when he sees Dadi, the memories brought back, encouraged by Nani to approach her, the initial formal stiff bend to touch feet ... the gladness in Dadi as she moves to embrace her grandson, and Arnav finally unbends and hugs her back ...
Nani - wise matriarch, moves quickly to introduce the two new bahus ... Dadi is not interested in Payal ... the news that Khushi is her bahu shocks her ... the pride in Arnav's face as Nani calls Khushi to introduce her 😳 ... the expression as he notices Dadi's withdrawal ... and he is not happy at this insult to Khushi ...

Nani, again ever-wise, goes to samjhao Dadi ... who instead of being appeased, questions Nani's upbringing ... how did you let this happen? Damaadji missing, no one told me about my grandson's marriage ... and Nani is not one to take things lying down either ... she questions her right back ... you disappeared, you abdicated your responsibility, and you don't even want to talk about the past (shades of Anjali here?) ... and you want to question me?!
LOVED Nani here! And loved the scene ... showed the rest of the tellyworld that one can show an argument without turning it into a shouting shrieking match ... neither of the two women raised their voices and the scene was thick with emotions.

ArHi - the Khushification of Arnav again ... in pain and turmoil himself from the memories churned up ... Khushi, being Khushi takes the onus, the blame on herself again ... it must have been something she did wrong, some mistake she made ... and he looks past his own turmoil to comfort her, to assure her that no, it was not her mistake, nothing about the marriage was her mistake, it was all his ... and it's not her fault, it's his Dadi ...
Somehow this reminded me of the Khushi Sholay scene ... which Arnav witnessed ... Khushi has been left in the middle of the road by Arnav, yet when he reached her home, he saw her trying to cheer up her sister and Bua, rather than cry about her own horrendous evening ...

Did anybody else laugh when Arnav was describing Dadi to Khushi? If I had been Khushi, I would have asked him ... dude, I know exactly what you are like, but I need to know, what is Dadi like?
Dadi refuses to see other's point of view, she is always right, the other is always wrong ... sounds very familiar pertaining to a TDH dude till a short while back, when a certain petite, pretty hurricane hurtled into his life, started to tell him off, and never stopped. πŸ˜›

Another big step on the RTR ... today Arnav acknowledges for the first time to Khushi that the forced marriage was all his fault, his mistake, she was not responsible at all.

Arnav-Dadi ... a crackerjack of a scene ... the Blast from the Past emerges (whoopiee!!! πŸ˜†) ... again Arnav's father, the differences between father and son, while Dadi acknowledges that her son was hot headed and stubborn like her grandson, but she is horrified that Arnav refuses to even mention his name, has shut his father out of his life completely. And loved the way Arnav asks her exactly the same questions that Nani did ... the shadows of his old hurt, anguish emerging ...the anguish of the abandoned child of 15 years ago ... lost his parents, grandmother and home ... betrayal by his own chacha ...

And Dadi's repeated references to "the other woman"
seem to indicate that like most old women, she will be happy to blame the other woman for her own son's lapses ... and by extension, Khushi, for what she sees as Arnav's lapse of judgement in marrying her ... Barun, Swati C and Jayshree T ... all three were fabulous here πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Loved the surprise. the gratitude and pride in Khushi's eyes when Arnav walks out to stand by her ... and the pride and happiness in Nani's eyes at her grandson's action.
And loved Khushi's WT* expression when Dadi tells Arnav ... 'don't turn your back when I'm talking to you." Like - now I know where you got that from. It runs in the family!

Very nice Diya... RTR has started in right earnest indeed! Daadi is ASR'smirror and he will see how he was and what he did and repent !

And of course loved Khushi's expression when Daadi did an ASR on Arnav!
showstruck thumbnail
Originally posted by: Newbiesoapfan

2.5 what the?😑

it got better on wednesday but on monday it set the tone that he was threatening her with Ghar giradunga...which many might not have liked...next week should be better
Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Originally posted by: docgirl

Also, apparently IPK has 3 showings everyday 5:30p, 8p and 11p... they may be drawing different audiences and it may be the rating across the 3 that the channel and the PH care about. 

on that hopeful note, rabba ve all. Time for SKD and hopefully more Wed dhamaka. TRP trouble or not, we're enjoying this track which is all that counts! πŸ€—

Shielaji -- sorry for getting your name wrong last time -- too many docs who write wonderfully on this thread! Wed dhamaaka chaahiye ... they cannot make it wet blanket after yesterday!

And whattay DP ji ... DKL alll the way :-) Da Di key liye!
mitthoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Shastradhari

beautiful episode and beautiful write up Sari...

I loved nani a lot today than any other character..
she is such a balanced soul...she is yudhisthir

Shastra.😊  agree with Nani rocking today..

though my personal opinion... Yudhisthir made some really bad judgements but then again..Mahabharta is such a wonderful epic with such complexity that not a single character comes our looking fault-free

My mom maintained..that pretty much every possible story track or character exist in Mahabharta

Nani has always been great and fair (barring few misguided moments with La).  I always thought Nani and ASR had more in common.

Atleast she frowns when Mami says PS or KBT and does glare that makes Mami quiet.

When will ASR put a stop to that. 

@doc   I know you are more into show and not as much tell  -  and I respect that.

me ...I am into show and tell πŸ˜ƒ  Thoda-Thoda Show..Thoda Thoda tell πŸ˜ƒ  dono-dono 😊

I want ASR and Khushi to start singing to each other

Zara - Zara - show me.. show me ..show me
Zara - Zara - tell me ..tell me ..tell me
Zara-Zara - love me ..love me ..love me
Zara-Zara - hold me ..hold me..hold me
Zara- Zara - woh woh.. dum de dum de dum

Edited by dillimetro - 11 years ago
Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rag1ni

Sari, what an utterly gorgeous post! (oh well, what is new). Jo bhi main kehna chahoon, barbaad kare alfaaz mere..
Okay, must really logout now. Will read others posts later and indulge in more phangurling baad mein.
Good luck ke liye shukriya.

Good luck Rags... doc ne already dahi cheeni khila diya .. to mere tharaf seπŸ€—.. you will ace it dear!
showstruck thumbnail
Originally posted by: dillimetro

Shastra.😊  agree with Nani rocking today..

though my personal opinion... Yudhisthir made some really bad judgements but then again..Mahabharta is such a wonderful epic with such complexity that not a single character comes our looking fault-free

My mom maintained..that pretty much every possible story track or character exist in Mahabharta

Nani has always been great and fair (barring few misguided moments with La).  I always thought Nani and ASR had more in common.

Atleast she frowns when Mami says PS or KBT and does glare that makes Mami quiet.

When will ASR put a stop to that. 

@doc   I know you are more into show and not as much tell  -  and I respect that.

me ...I am into show and tell πŸ˜ƒ  Thoda-Thoda Show..Thoda Thoda tell πŸ˜ƒ  dono-dono 😊

I want ASR and Khushi to start singing to each other

Zara - Zara - show me.. show me ..show me
Zara - Zara - tell me ..tell me ..tell me
Zara-Zara - love me ..love me ..love me
Zara-Zara - hold me ..hold me..hold me
Zara- Zara - woh woh.. dum de dum de dum

does this song mean you want to see romance or doc calls it morance??