Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: joenet1234

Man in the Mirror..

Subhudra Devi's response - I demand answers because it is my right! My right as a Malik, as the rightful guardian of Arnav and Anjali, my right because I am Dadi.  

For those holding their breath for Arnav's repentance should be able to exhale in peace now. However, there is no free lunch in this world. If it was muddy yesterday it should be crystal clear by now that the pleasure of Arnav's 'repentance' will come at a cost of Khushi's tears. Her spirit will be broken time and time again.  

Note to Mr. Sobti: Dude... you kicked ass today! I don't know what your future plans are but I wish you luck in everything you do. I sincerely hope someday, you are able to look at Arnav Singh Raizada and are able to appreciate, recognize and marvel at what you have created. You gave this character sansain.

awesome post joey…

people like subhadra irk me to no end who just barge in to claim their haq or whatever…ridiculous

very true that khushi will have 2 suffer even tho in a way it will be repentance time for arnav…but dear trps rule n aunties love 2 see crying n dukhiyari daughter in law….

have said the smae in my post as well as in response 2 other sg's post…will say it again…barun rocked today!!
-monalisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Was Arnav describing Dadi or was it a moment of self-reflection? Evidently, Dadi is the mirror that Arnav has been avoiding all these years. The mirror which shows him what he has become and the sight is not pretty. The same mirror that is now in front of Khushi to see Arnav's reflection. To understand what makes the man in the mirror and unlock the mystery to know why.

'Kabhi kabhi humain aisa lagta hai jaisay hum aap kay baray main kuch bhi nahi jaantay'.
'.. aur doosray hi pal mai aisa lagta hai kay hum aaj bhi ajnabi hain'
I have a strong feeling Khushi's dream during kidnapping is still not complete. The 'mannat ki chabbi' is yet to come. The key that she needs to unlock ASR's heart and rescue Arnav.

Arnav-Dadi-Khushi:
For me, the beauty of the last scene wasn't in the words that were spoken but it was that one moment, that split second where Arnav looked at Khushi and without looking at anyone else, started walking towards her. That one second of knowing without a doubt where he belonged. Knowing where his life is, with that person who has not left his sight, has never deserted him and has stood by him even when her own position has been questioned every passing moment. For Khushi to see him by her side and know this is where she belongs as well. To have and to hold come what may!

Is a remarriage still needed? A vehement negative! but the TRPs rule and I am a fool for thinking otherwise

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!  I read and reread and again read the above bit.  Take a bow, Joeyji! 
showstruck thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ipkbs

nope it doesn't.
but hints by Dadi means she will demand one. Also its trp gold.

not necessary does not mean I wont be super excited to see khushi in bridal make up and get up and Arnav staring and appreciating...I will.

How good it lookes to see them side by side in the last frame.."tears of joy"

Arrey wah! aaj to Veeps kay darshan huay hain! You know the minute she said goat-wa I thought of you 😆 I was so sure you are going to be here tonight! Waisay why this kolaveri of not hanging out anymore? Koi doosra dhoond liya kiya?

No chance on koi doosra... 😆  Hanging out ka problem nahi hai... time ka problem hai... new work responsibilities, travelling this week and general ambivalance about upcoming track... But Daadi is a good move by the CVs.
-monalisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bobop

mami scampers behind nk...the lady is truly hilarious...dadi does a great job glaring at the true culprit when she comes to know khushi is bahu n not naukar...that reminds me...she is not shyam's deputy at least imo...she cant look so surprised if that is the case...naah...waise bhi jo dikhta nahi woh hota nahi...i believe in that ..specially wrt ipk...

Great post and very good point above, Priyanka! 
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
 Res ... And before I get carried away when I start writing ... standing ovation to Sari and all the other posts on pg 1 and 2. Need to catch up with the rest ... Vee, whattay choice of songs today! Simply perfect👏

*edited*
Warning ... prepare for a long rambling take! 😆
I don't remember who coined the term RTR ... I do remember it was used first on Sushpective/SG Hangout and I was a fierce proponent of it. And today I am very, very happy, because I see the long walk on that RTR has well and truly started. 👏

Maybe the first few baby steps started as long back as immediately after the wedding, when despite proclaiming he would never accept Khushi as his wife, either to himself or to the world, Arnav set about doing exactly that and negating his own words ... be it at the munh dikhayi at RM, the acceptance of his position as 'damaad' at GH and all the help he gave there, the way he carried out Khushi from DM's temple after proclaiming her his wife in front of the world, by accepting her as his wife, Mrs KKGSR, in various offices ... unknowingly Arnav has already been redeeming a few of the wrongs he did Khushi by that forced wedding.

The conscious walk started a few days ago at the GH, when Arnav said his first sorry to Khushi ... "Sorry that I hurt you." Maybe even before that, when he said "I trust Khushi" in front of the entire family ...
He took a few steps backward when he promptly accused her of spoiling Di's life and leading Shyam on and hurting her again ... but after that, he has started his walk on the RTR and mostly stayed on the right path, with a few wobbles.

And now, faced with a mirror image of himself, in the form of his Dadi, Arnav will see first hand all the wrongs he did Khushi from the start of their relationship, he will feel the hurt of each and every one, he will feel the pain Khushi went through ... and he will right those wrongs. And maybe somewhere down the line, he will realise that his Dadi is treading his own path ... maybe not ... it doesn't really matter.

First impression - he thought Khushi was a gold-digger, low aukat ... out for what she could get ... and persisted in that impression even though everyone in the house, chiefly Nani and Anjali, tried to show him otherwise.
Today ... Dadi thought Khushi was a maidservant, low aukat ... and when told her mistake, is far from happy or even apologetic ... she continues to be angry with Khushi and refuse to accept her. Her first impression - and she is always right.
So Arnav stands by her ... this is my wife, if you accept her well and good, if you don't, it's your problem, not mine. 👏

Scenes today - first scene - the hesitation in Arnav when he sees Dadi, the memories brought back, encouraged by Nani to approach her, the initial formal stiff bend to touch feet ... the gladness in Dadi as she moves to embrace her grandson, and Arnav finally unbends and hugs her back ...
Nani - wise matriarch, moves quickly to introduce the two new bahus ... Dadi is not interested in Payal ... the news that Khushi is her bahu shocks her ... the pride in Arnav's face as Nani calls Khushi to introduce her 😳 ... the expression as he notices Dadi's withdrawal ... and he is not happy at this insult to Khushi ...

Nani, again ever-wise, goes to samjhao Dadi ... who instead of being appeased, questions Nani's upbringing ... how did you let this happen? Damaadji missing, no one told me about my grandson's marriage ... and Nani is not one to take things lying down either ... she questions her right back ... you disappeared, you abdicated your responsibility, and you don't even want to talk about the past (shades of Anjali here?) ... and you want to question me?!
LOVED Nani here! And loved the scene ... showed the rest of the tellyworld that one can show an argument without turning it into a shouting shrieking match ... neither of the two women raised their voices and the scene was thick with emotions.

ArHi - the Khushification of Arnav again ... in pain and turmoil himself from the memories churned up ... Khushi, being Khushi takes the onus, the blame on herself again ... it must have been something she did wrong, some mistake she made ... and he looks past his own turmoil to comfort her, to assure her that no, it was not her mistake, nothing about the marriage was her mistake, it was all his ... and it's not her fault, it's his Dadi ...
Somehow this reminded me of the Khushi Sholay scene ... which Arnav witnessed ... Khushi has been left in the middle of the road by Arnav, yet when he reached her home, he saw her trying to cheer up her sister and Bua, rather than cry about her own horrendous evening ...

Did anybody else laugh when Arnav was describing Dadi to Khushi? If I had been Khushi, I would have asked him ... dude, I know exactly what you are like, but I need to know, what is Dadi like?
Dadi refuses to see other's point of view, she is always right, the other is always wrong ... sounds very familiar till a short while back, when a certain petite, pretty hurricane hurtled into his life, and told him off.

Another big step on the RTR ... today Arnav acknowledges for the first time to Khushi that the forced marriage was all his fault, his mistake, she was not responsible at all.

Arnav-Dadi ... a crackerjack of a scene ... the Blast from the Past emerges (whoopiee!!! 😆) ... again Arnav's father, the differences between father and son, while Dadi acknowledges that her son was hot headed and stubborn like her grandson, but she is horrified that Arnav refuses to even mention his name, has shut his father out of his life completely. And loved the way Arnav asks her exactly the same questions that Nani did ... the shadows of his old hurt, anguish emerging ...the anguish of the abandoned child of 15 years ago ... lost his parents, grandmother and home ... betrayal by his own chacha ...
And Dadi's repeated references to "the other woman"
seem to indicate that like most old women, she will be happy to blame the other woman for her own son's lapses ... and by extension, Khushi, for what she sees as Arnav's lapse of judgement in marrying her ... Barun, Swati C and Jayshree T ... all three were fabulous here 👏👏👏

Loved the surprise. the gratitude and pride in Khushi's eyes when Arnav walks out to stand by her ... and the pride and happiness in Nani's eyes at her grandson's action.
And loved Khushi's WT* expression when Dadi tells Arnav ... 'don't turn your back when I'm talking to you." Like - now I know where you got that from. It runs in the family!

Edited by DiyaS - 11 years ago
ipkbs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: showstruck

not necessary does not mean I wont be super excited to see khushi in bridal make up and get up and Arnav staring and appreciating...I will.
How good it lookes to see them side by side in the last frame.."tears of joy"

o know right!
Kitne ache dikhte hai both of them together...
Pr1yanka thumbnail

Originally posted by: premparbat

So what is it about Khushi that dadi has taken an instinctive dislike to her. Is her reaction the same as that of Arnie when he first met her where Khushi seemed strong and himmatwaali who could potentailly break into a lonely heart ?   

The "hadsa"  did not only impcat you but it impacted all of us...Well said nani.  During a storm some poeple run and hide and some people stand there and face the wrath and   try to restart when it is over and Nani did just that ...Fantastic scene with no loud voices or histeronics but in a very dignified way...

ratna…lovely post

@bold..this might be the key to the answer as to who anjali was meeting behind trees and howcome subhadra ki batti achanak se aaj hi jali 2 return 2 RM

understated performance of nani dadi n barun was what brought the entire thing together…no hamming whatsoever,,
Pr1yanka thumbnail

Great post and very good point above, Priyanka! 

thanx manisha 😊

Originally posted by: meens80

Sanjana :  Good to see you back, welcome!
I'm sure Khushi will make her place in Dadi's heart, i just hope she does not get into too much trouble getting there but i loved the promise of the scene you described; that would be awesome and nothing wrong with SKD, waise bhi hum sab SKD ke bhorase hi tike hai😉

Trouble and Khushi kind of go together, no??? 😆 

Yeah, yeah SKD zindabaad... but I just don't see daadi as an out and out bad character... no Bays...