Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Facing responsiblity (Page 4)

--Anna-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Anna--
--Anna--

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
Hey Anu :)

I have been good - actually kind of the usual :) Hope all is good at your end too. :)

Coming to your question - I agree with Shy Love needs no redemption (which I may say is a strong word - but it needs acceptance. Personally, I never wanted a hardcore repentance track - where Arnav would howl and cry or things like that - even imagining a situation like such a scene would seem terrible to me. I always knew Arnav would repent (not redeem) - because he is a just man who knows when he makes a mistake. But I always wanted to believe that it would be done how it is done now and I am quite satisfied with it. I think if it would have been the other way - it would have diluted the character and that is something I would not have been able to take.

Arnav's repentance began the day he thought he had lost Khushi - on that mountain. Since then he has realized his mistake and has worked hard to keep a relationship which he did not want to respect but now wants to hold on to for his life. He will do anything to keep Khushi happy and be there for her and we have seen this quite many times since the kidnapping track. Moreso, Khushi also does not need Arnav to beg for forgiveness - she has understood his reasons and she has forgiven him.With the way the last two episodes have been - I understand she has accepted him too and completely. If now the contract comes up - especially by her then I will bang my head on the wall!

I feel happy seeing the SBS segment - Khushi trying to understand Arnav - is something that I have longed for. More so I hope she grows as a woman soon.He needs her now more than anything else.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ruffledfeathersdillidikudipremparbatmommy2000Keshriyashybabenyxx

DCgirl Goldie
DCgirl
DCgirl

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by momma1128

I was reminded today why I watch this serial.  Yes, there was a saas type but saas' battle is new on SP.  It is not with the bahu.  She has got to fight her own grandson about whether her status as Dadi allows her to dictate the ins and outs of her pota's life.  She really doesn't know her pota ' the apple doesn't fall far from the tree Subhadra, obstinacy, arrogance and zid, check check and check.  I saw a battle brewing (Nani/ArHi versus Dadi/Anjali for the right of return of Shyam), the PAST history  of different perspectives about to be released (Dadi versus ASR vision of Mr. Malik senior) and a couple getting closer together.   And, ahem, not a single rabba ve was seen (thank you Dammit for pointing out).  When you have got a story, we don't need the pretty sparkles to distract us *coughshegdecoughs*.

The episode belonged to ASR and how the appearance of his Dadi just ripped the bandage right off his still fresh wound about the 'hadsaa' of the past.  He respects his family, we can see that, but ASR notices the insult to his wife and he most definitely is not fond of honoring the memory of his father , and he is not one to hide is distaste for either.  Let's get to quintessential ArHi.  Khushi is trying to engage him in conversation; he is lost in his thoughts of the past and furious at his Dadi.  Having no luck, Kh sits to contemplate what she has done, totally in her character.  ASR comes over and he reads her emotions and straight to her face, no pretense ' remember he said NO MORE GAMES ' says don't you ever  feel responsible for the way our marriage happened, I am to blame, you were helpless, I forced you.  Short, to the point, I am guilty, do not take responsibility, free yourself from this burden.  There are silent tears as she hears him exonerate her of guilt.  And as he then speaks of Dadi, she notices that there is a simmering anger there.  Just as ASR had done at the GH, Khushi does the same ' whatever it is Arnavji, you can tell me.  But she didn't tell him and neither will he, until he is pushed like she was.  Sides of the same coin.

Those who have read my posts in the past know that I never had a doubt that ASR would take full responsibility for everything he had done because he was a man of conscience.  Once he realizes, he has always acted.  It was always just a matter of time, not whether it would happen.   I also said last week, and caught some flak for it, that ASR wanted to temper Kh's ego so she would accept her haq as his wife and return to the RM.  It wasn't about wooing, it was about getting her back to show her how much he accepts her as his wife.   He is determined to show itna easy NAHIN hai tumhare liye.  He has quietly understood how she fulfilled his Di's wish and let her know, he has shown her that he understands what makes her tick with gol gapes and chana and he has made her dream come true and restored the strand he destroyed.  And today, he took all the blame and he took entire responsibility looking her straight in the eyes, just like he had with La when he told her that he could not marry her, like he told Payal that Kh was not in the least to blame for her wedding disaster,  just like told Nani that he didn't believe Kh when she was on the terrace and when he looked at Anjali and said I married Kh to protect you.  And now he stands by her when her 'aukat' is in question.  He is showing Kh that she has every haq as his wife, she has that title, it is hers.  He acknowledges it to everyone and he is living it.  The contract terms are not over.  Perhaps by the end of the contract, Kh will understand more about what made this man turn into ASR from Arnav Malik and she will have found a deeper love for him.  And when he gives her the choice to walk away or stay, she will choose the latter.  (you might think I am crazy, but now that Kh is back in the RM, I believe at the end of the contract ASR will let her choose because his aim was to show her how much she is his wife, and let her see if she could walk away)

(apologies for the length - I loved this episode and saw it 4 times already - if you made it to the end thank you - if you care to comment - another thank you very much)

Momma... I loved loved loved today's episode! It is definitely not all about rabba ves...
I was in tears howmany ever times I watched his scenes with dadi. I always feel people around him are afraid to get close to Arnav but if they try, he may actually let them have their haq on him. When Dadi asked him that its her haq to know that he got married. He asked her, now, you come here to ask me stuff???? Maybe, just maybe Dadi was with them, things would have been different. Barun was phenomenal in today's episode... Every scene was heart wrenching.

I loved that Khushi didnt push him for answers when she got to the room and I loved it even in his distress, he comforted her. They comforted each other. They are so in sync! Him admitting that he is responsible for how they got married with no fuss was so in character... I loved it.
And ofcourse, the fav. scene of many when he walked out of the room and stood by her... Whistle anyone? I am sure everygirl would want her man to be like that at one time or the other? She may have missed out on a dream wedding but if he stands by her for the rest of the life... It sure makes up for a few things. She didnt know she married a rajkumar that day but he will treat her as his queen for the rest of their  lives.

Momma... I love that u still think at the end of the contract he will let her walkaway but she will stay because she wants to. I think it fits now more than ever. Maybe he thinks its better for her to be away from his family where she is not getting the respect she deserves and maybe he will think if he hadnt come into her life, things would have been different for her... Loop closure :-)

I cant help myself... I have to say a line or two about the sbs clip. Maybe dadi blamed mama Malik for papa Malik's indescretion... Arnav may have always hated that about dadi and now he hates that she doesnt approve Khushi... So he wakes up from the nightmare and she is trying to cheer him up. One thing is for sure. He will never get angry with Khushi again and hopefully, Khushi will not push his buttons anymore.  I think they are at a good place and I love it.
Cant wait fot the song and I love lovey dovey Khushi...

Okay... My essay wover... Did I tell ya I love ya for the post...hugs!

Edited by DCgirl - 07 August 2012 at 5:50pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

pieperrdillidikudimommy2000Keshriyapremparbatmomma1128nyxx

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mommy2000

Res...i am right here...but am trying to get my thoughts together...

EDIT:

Haw! there should be a penalty against people who can read minds!!  Do tell what will be penalty?

There was no rabba ve

There was no stare-fest
There was no trip and fall into each others arms, on top of each other..whatever
There was no carrying her in his strong arms.
And we still loved all 22 minutes of the episode!!  SURPRISE...or not!  Creatives, we don't need those rabba ve-s( actually maybe a few here and there) to heart the episode.
It has always been about the story...the LOVE STORY

What a brilliant episode...

Annnuuu...am finally getting the much awaited pasttt!  We kept sayin' and sayin' and finally they heard us (let me at least kid myself) WCW maybe the right birdie heard us Wink  ROFLI don't know we been sayin since we been sayin but something stuck hopefully
w racter any more than we already do...then we would do so today.  Not because you are perfect.  But because you make us love you with all your imperfections.  He is by far the most interesting character for me.  I have watched this character stay the same but seen him change in how his defining characteristics are applied.  

He came, he saw, he stalled, he remembered, he looked at her (with an expression that you would feel only for those who are close to your heart, someone who has possibly nurtured you), he walked to her, showed her the respect that he holds for her in his heart (and he doesn't bow in front of anyone), he hugged her in a manner that gave me the impression of finally coming home.  And all this was conveyed to us in all of 2 minutes.

Did you breathe, cuz I didn't breathe.  And did you see the return back rub a dub - that is the story...break them down and they rebuild. hameshaaa hameshaaa

He is lost in thought, in unpleasant memories, and his wife walks in, ready to take the blame on, as she always does...and he is brought back to the present.  He wants to stop it right there. He tells her that he is the guilty one.  Straight to her face.  Matter of factly. And it hits home.  Her look says it all.  She doesn't need anything more.  She probably didn't even need this.  She never did.  But he is a man of conscience.  And when he was explaining dadi to her, it was like he was explaining himself...birds of feather
LOL

She doesn't need it but damn it helps.  And it helps him.  Same page on what and where they are.  No more games.

The dadi-arnav scene captured my heart and I want to applaud it.  The rendering from both the actors was spot on.  The hurt, the pain of abandonment, was so transparent in his eyes.  There hasn't been any healing ... they have just taped the wound and kept it away from being exposed. 

Finally...my past is coming...

And final scene nailed it...this is redemption for those who want it.  She doesn't.  But he gives.  He stands up for her, by her, and with her.  And she notices.  Sanaya's expression, brilliant!!!  She is seeing the man behind the armor.  And she will love him even more for it.

Didn't we say Anu, that he will repent in his own way, in actions and not by words.  And she gets his actions...because words screws things up for them LOL

WCW we been sayin what we been sayin bout the past and along side we been sayin this as many times at that 'r' word been said, knowwhatimean

And I am loving this track...and for once, the new entry (dadi) doesn't add a new angle but gives the story the depth that we were so looking forward to. 

So does this mean that we will get
1) why arnav chose the rubble while glee chose the bubble don't forget the stubble in trouble
2) how glee met shyam or how I met the monkey's uncle Wink
3) why shyam met glee 
4) how is khushi responsible for Arnav's past this one i have a hard time with because she was a kid - so for the connection there has to be a familial one

Guess, we won't be reaching for the remote (figuratively, since i watch it on u-tube) any time soon...and it wasn't because of the rabba ve marathon...it was because we got back the story that they stopped telling a few months ago.

And yes, awesome post mommaLOL I know I went off on a tangent...but this is the penalty you pay for reading my mindTongue

There is no tangent only episode trajectory.

As for the ArHi equation - I am excited!!!  They are NOW handling it with a maturity that we don't see in the tellyworld.  It is intertwined with the basic plot and I am eager to see how their relationship grows while they disentangle the complex web of the present circumstances.

Maturity!  yesss - now if we get a dhoklafied mami fest about burnt puris tomorrow I am gonna cry.

And Barun Sobti - you are a league of your own! I don't have enough words in the vocabulary to match the expressions of pain, angst, turmoil, love, affection, anger, defiance, strength, that you packed in a single episode.

Today was the perfect episode to highlight why we BISS.
WCW so many tamatars under the shared ghoongat.  Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pieperr

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Keshriya

Anu, awesome post Clapand also I liked several replies here from Shalu, Anna's, Renu's and others. You have said it all. I loved the episode, just like you watched it multiple times. Barun as ASR stole the show today. Today was a Barun showcase.

ASR is a man of conscience, who stands up for what he believes in, who is always there for his loved ones no matter what and the best of all who owns up to his mistake. Him telling Khushi that its not her fault and the marriage happened because he forced her and accepted the mistake in itself is a big redemption. ASR is man of few words and lot of action. He is standing by Khushi is proof enough that he is going through repentance and truly, wholeheartedly loves her and will support her every step of the way. Also like Anna said I am not for ASR to crawl, kneel and beg for forgiveness, whatever he is doing is perfectly line with his character and he will be showing Khushi how sorry he is thru actions all their life together. I should thank Gul and her team of writers for coming up with such  a wonderful character,whom I will cherish for years to come. He has come a long way from where he started 14 months ago in the show.

I also think what he is doing fits the couple also.  If they had not admitted that they loved each other, if they had not had the hameshaa conversation and if Kh was written as the type of woman who put herself and feelings first and ASR was the type to talk and talk - then yes, this 'r' track might make sense but not now.  Not this way.  They are beyond words and ASR was always about actions.  Talk is cheap. LOL

This is a good opportunity for Khushi to know and understand him better and at the end of the contract I don't want her going anywhere. As much as I love ASR supporting Khushi, its Khushi's turn to reciprocate and I want to see their relationship to go next level of sharing, understanding, caring and trust. I am eager to see his past revealed and how it changed him. 

I am totally looking forward to Kh coming into her own as a Raizada and showing her mettle in this house of horrors and supporting her man and most of all understanding her man, so much so that she understands his mother's letter.

In the end I love them as a couple but my favorite character will always be ASR and Barun as ASR, I have no more words to praise this man.  Tamatars of the BISS kind.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pieperrdillidikudiKeshriyapremparbat

fatim28 Senior Member
fatim28
fatim28

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:57pm | IP Logged
nice post

momma1128

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 7:08pm | IP Logged
@DK - the tone was perfect.  I haven't wanted to watch the next episode to see the STORY unfold in such a long time.  They are creating a suspense - and shoot me - there is something about Dadi that is yet to be revealed.  That scene where ASR tells Dadi with which haq is she asking him about his marriage after she wouldn't even see him...holy crap, tension angst and pain - how what who in one scene - ufff Barun.  But seriously, why did she leave.  The episode raised so many questions we care about instead of the usual will Kh have to pump water or not.  The story is back.

@ruffledfeathers - I have felt that ASR has been inconsistent in other instances also - but he is the most consistent character in the serial.  I think the writers use Kh as a prop sometimes just to back into a story, most recently with her walking out for Di and not the contract, for her conversation to DM knowing ASR didn't mean any of it but I the contract is ending I will be fine. Wacko  I am happy to see the couple trending towards being on the same side and maybe a Kh who grows to understand why ASR is the way he is - she asked that rhetorical question enough.  Thanks for posting.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ruffledfeathersdillidikudi

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Anna--

Hey Anu :)

I have been good - actually kind of the usual :) Hope all is good at your end too. :)

Coming to your question - I agree with Shy Love needs no redemption (which I may say is a strong word - but it needs acceptance. Personally, I never wanted a hardcore repentance track - where Arnav would howl and cry or things like that - even imagining a situation like such a scene would seem terrible to me. I always knew Arnav would repent (not redeem) - because he is a just man who knows when he makes a mistake. But I always wanted to believe that it would be done how it is done now and I am quite satisfied with it. I think if it would have been the other way - it would have diluted the character and that is something I would not have been able to take.

Arnav's repentance began the day he thought he had lost Khushi - on that mountain. Since then he has realized his mistake and has worked hard to keep a relationship which he did not want to respect but now wants to hold on to for his life. He will do anything to keep Khushi happy and be there for her and we have seen this quite many times since the kidnapping track. Moreso, Khushi also does not need Arnav to beg for forgiveness - she has understood his reasons and she has forgiven him.With the way the last two episodes have been - I understand she has accepted him too and completely. If now the contract comes up - especially by her then I will bang my head on the wall!

I feel happy seeing the SBS segment - Khushi trying to understand Arnav - is something that I have longed for. More so I hope she grows as a woman soon.He needs her now more than anything else.

@bold - and I will join you because the Kh that I am seeing is now understanding how very much ASR believes that she is his wife and that woman who woke up to ask about a nightmare and that woman who told him - Arnavji you can tell me anything - wants very much NOT to walk out after he contract.  I am thinking he is going to make her an offer she can't refuse. Wink

dillidikudi

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DCgirl

[QUOTE=momma1128]

Momma... I loved loved loved today's episode! It is definitely not all about rabba ves...

I was in tears howmany ever times I watched his scenes with dadi. I always feel people around him are afraid to get close to Arnav but if they try, he may actually let them have their haq on him. When Dadi asked him that its her haq to know that he got married. He asked her, now, you come here to ask me stuff???? Maybe, just maybe Dadi was with them, things would have been different. Barun was phenomenal in today's episode... Every scene was heart wrenching.

I loved that Khushi didnt push him for answers when she got to the room and I loved it even in his distress, he comforted her. They comforted each other. They are so in sync! Him admitting that he is responsible for how they got married with no fuss was so in character... I loved it.
And ofcourse, the fav. scene of many when he walked out of the room and stood by her... Whistle anyone? I am sure everygirl would want her man to be like that at one time or the other? She may have missed out on a dream wedding but if he stands by her for the rest of the life... It sure makes up for a few things. She didnt know she married a rajkumar that day but he will treat her as his queen for the rest of their  lives.

@bold - yesss - I love it Suha - she married the shaitan only to live the rest of her life with the rajkumar.  aaa

Momma... I love that u still think at the end of the contract he will let her walkaway but she will stay because she wants to. I think it fits now more than ever. Maybe he thinks its better for her to be away from his family where she is not getting the respect she deserves and maybe he will think if he hadnt come into her life, things would have been different for her... Loop closure :-)

And that is what I call a hint.  The only way Khushi is if she has no choice.  Her choice is to stay.

I cant help myself... I have to say a line or two about the sbs clip. Maybe dadi blamed mama Malik for papa Malik's indescretion... Arnav may have always hated that about dadi and now he hates that she doesnt approve Khushi... So he wakes up from the nightmare and she is trying to cheer him up. One thing is for sure. He will never get angry with Khushi again and hopefully, Khushi will not push his buttons anymore.  I think they are at a good place and I love it.
Cant wait fot the song and I love lovey dovey Khushi...

Okay... My essay wover... Did I tell ya I love ya for the post...hugs!

I love your essay.  Okay if I can take a moment and spin a story.

What if Dadi's perception of what happened during the 'hadsaa' and that 'auraat' and her son is not what ASR knows.  What is a teenager ASR saw his dad and said 'auraat', much like he did with Shyam and Kh, and he has kept that to himself for most of his life.  So while his Dadi doesn't know the whole story, ASR does and that is why he spits out the fact that she doesn't see the truth, and she only sees what she wants (like him but this time he has got the whole of the truth and Dadi has the MU).  History repeated itself with Shyam and Kh and that's why he went beserk.   Maybe that 'auraat' was the servant of the house or some other middle class girl whom Dadi blames for the 'hadsaa' and thought her son just fell in a trap.  That gives her the history to back Shyam and Glee and that explains why ASR went cuckoo with Kh and why he was adamant that he will not let him stay and why he will marry Kh again so that he is very much NOT like his father.

This is all from my cobwebbed head.  Just having some fun spinning tales.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DCgirlpieperrdillidikudi

Go to top