Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Salman gives the middle finger to the masses (Page 9)

-Charmed- Groupbie
-Charmed-
-Charmed-

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:21pm | IP Logged

He is right, though. There are perverts everywhere who take advantage of the crowd. Besides, someone can get seriously injured in the mobs that turn up to see the stars.

But big cities also have perverts like this, sometimes even more so.

ETT will definitely be a blockbuster for sure.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nishu786wat_up

lentils IF-Dazzler
lentils
lentils

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
eenews Bureau

Mumbai: Fans who have been eagerly waiting for Salman Khan's big film of the year, 'Ek Tha Tiger' are in for a surprise. While many of the websites have started booking tickets for the film month in advance, news has it that viewers may have to pay extra money for the film. 

The film which is an Eid release and is opening on a national holiday (15 August) is being touted as a big release of this season. And perhaps to cash in on the popularity that the film has already garnered, multiplexes have decided to hike the ticket prices by 12-16 percent.

This isn't the first time that Salman's films have been priced at higher rates. Both 'Ready' and 'Bodyguard' were Eid releases and tickets were placed at a higher rate. But this time a 12-16 percent hike seems to be an unprecedented amount.

Speaking to a daily, an insider explained the entire hike. "Most multiplexes rolled back the ticket prices a few months ago. So, a 12-16 percent hike will come out to be about Rs 20. Which is fair. After all it is the festive season. People are willing to shell out extra money for a Salman film especially during Eid. The multiplexes have taken this decision after a lot of research," said the insider.

Anand Vishal, Head of Operations, Fun Cinemas confirmed the news to the daily and said, "Nationally, the price will rise by about Rs 20 per ticket. After all it is a premium product. This kind of thing is done during festive seasons. And today Salman films demand higher premium than before."

The price would not be same in all theatres though. Areas which have more than one multiplex will see 12 percent hike while areas with fewer theatres will see a 16 percent rise. The hike will be applicable in all the major cities of the country.

The good news is that most single screen theatres have decided to keep the same ticket price and will not hike the rates.
Manoj Desai, owner of Gaiety-Galaxy said, "I have never hiked ticket prices. I am not doing it for 'Ek Tha Tiger' either. But I must tell you, I have full confidence in this film."

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli

eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
LOL
eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:54pm | IP Logged

Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz
Chippeshwini
Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Burcidi

eenews Bureau

Mumbai: Fans who have been eagerly waiting for Salman Khan's big film of the year, 'Ek Tha Tiger' are in for a surprise. While many of the websites have started booking tickets for the film month in advance, news has it that viewers may have to pay extra money for the film. 

The film which is an Eid release and is opening on a national holiday (15 August) is being touted as a big release of this season. And perhaps to cash in on the popularity that the film has already garnered, multiplexes have decided to hike the ticket prices by 12-16 percent.

This isn't the first time that Salman's films have been priced at higher rates. Both 'Ready' and 'Bodyguard' were Eid releases and tickets were placed at a higher rate. But this time a 12-16 percent hike seems to be an unprecedented amount.

Speaking to a daily, an insider explained the entire hike. "Most multiplexes rolled back the ticket prices a few months ago. So, a 12-16 percent hike will come out to be about Rs 20. Which is fair. After all it is the festive season. People are willing to shell out extra money for a Salman film especially during Eid. The multiplexes have taken this decision after a lot of research," said the insider.

Anand Vishal, Head of Operations, Fun Cinemas confirmed the news to the daily and said, "Nationally, the price will rise by about Rs 20 per ticket. After all it is a premium product. This kind of thing is done during festive seasons. And today Salman films demand higher premium than before."

The price would not be same in all theatres though. Areas which have more than one multiplex will see 12 percent hike while areas with fewer theatres will see a 16 percent rise. The hike will be applicable in all the major cities of the country.

The good news is that most single screen theatres have decided to keep the same ticket price and will not hike the rates.
Manoj Desai, owner of Gaiety-Galaxy said, "I have never hiked ticket prices. I am not doing it for 'Ek Tha Tiger' either. But I must tell you, I have full confidence in this film."

what an AWESOME surprise! 
LOL
YusBee IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:29pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Chippeshwinibambogli

Go to top