My Post Closed... WHYY?? (Page 12)

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Ghausia.

Originally posted by maggie131984

I saw the thread and your posts. I also replied a couple of times. Your post firstly spread negativity, and it later went on to become offensive. I was personally quite offended at the way you made a judgement about anyone who thought Arnav did the right thing today. The frustration thread is there for negativity, I suggest you use it. The comments you made didn't appear sarcastic, either. I'm not trying to cause trouble, it's just that you wanted a reason and I've given you one.

Reading your reply, it raises a very importan question.
For frustrations/"negative " comments, all should be done in the "frustration thread". Outside of this thread, such topics are not allowed.

So similarly, why cant be there one thread for appreciation/"postive comments" on episdoes/ong oign tracks? Why are "apreciation"topics allowed from everyone and no negative topics?

As someone mentioned in this topic, why are topics made about " I am goldie", I am a dazzler. I am senior member.. blah blah.. Why isnt there one thread for that? Such topics have 10 pages of comments in them.

I understand your point, but I guess there is a limit to what can be posted in a negative light outside the frustration thread. In my opinion, when people start offending others or making generic comments, that's when the post is no longer a constructive negative post.
Appreciation/positive posts aren't limited as this is supposed to be a generally positive forum. Please don't get me wrong - I am all for constructive criticism. I have criticised the show myself before and have had healthy debates with other members. It's when comments outside the topic are made, comments regarding other users, that I feel a line has to be drawn.

As for the 'I am a goldie' threads... I completely disagree with those and I feel they just clutter the forum. If people really want to express that or congratulate others, they should be compiled into one thread.
if i am not mistaken its this "clutter" that makes the ipk forum no 1 right...

oh well the idea that one can deem something nonsensical or not...according to thier sensibilites and the unfairness of that is the issue here...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

asha...FairyLiquidSoap

.Sia. IF-Dazzler
.Sia.
.Sia.

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CravingKhana

I saw the thread and your posts. I also replied a couple of times. Your post firstly spread negativity, and it later went on to become offensive. I was personally quite offended at the way you made a judgement about anyone who thought Arnav did the right thing today. The frustration thread is there for negativity, I suggest you use it. The comments you made didn't appear sarcastic, either. I'm not trying to cause trouble, it's just that you wanted a reason and I've given you one.

For frustrations/"negative " comments, all should be done in the "frustration thread". Outside of this thread, such topics are not allowed.

So similarly, why cant be there one thread for appreciation/"postive comments" on episdoes/ong oign tracks? Why are "apreciation"topics allowed from everyone and no negative topics?

As someone mentioned in this topic, why are topics made about " I am goldie", I am a dazzler. I am senior member.. blah blah.. Why isnt there one thread for that? Such topics have 10 pages of comments in them.

I understand your point, but I guess there is a limit to what can be posted in a negative light outside the frustration thread. In my opinion, when people start offending others or making generic comments, that's when the post is no longer a constructive negative post.
Appreciation/positive posts aren't limited as this is supposed to be a generally positive forum. Please don't get me wrong - I am all for constructive criticism. I have criticised the show myself before and have had healthy debates with other members. It's when comments outside the topic are made, comments regarding other users, that I feel a line has to be drawn.

As for the 'I am a goldie' threads... I completely disagree with those and I feel they just clutter the forum. If people really want to express that or congratulate others, they should be compiled into one thread.

oh well the idea that one can deem something nonsensical or not...according to thier sensibilites and the unfairness of that is the issue here...

I wouldn't know about that. Mods act for a reason, so ultimately their view of the thread counts. In this instant I agreed with the decision made by them, but there are times that I don't. Everyone has different opinions, and unfortunately you can't always please everyone.
CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:56pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by CravingKhana

I wouldn't know about that. Mods act for a reason, so ultimately their view of the thread counts. In this instant I agreed with the decision made by them, but there are times that I don't. Everyone has different opinions, and unfortunately you can't always please everyone.

Gone are those days...of they have thier reasons...so lets comply even if we dont understand...in almost all walks of life ...except in India Forum...A forum people willing join i assume to voice thier views...ironic dont u think...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ra123rainaMmaggie131984asha....Kiran.FairyLiquidSoap

SeerialLoops IF-Rockerz
SeerialLoops
SeerialLoops

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
I do not know about your post and if it was positive or negative and hence cannot comment on that. 
But the general feeling of what I saw happen to posts is as follows.
All it seems to take is one person to complain saying my feelings are hurt.
Whether the post is good or bad doesn't matter.  Some person with a grudge or a beef or had a past debate with TM, decided to be evil and complain my feelings got hurt, I am offended, is all it takes.

What I don't understand here is this.

Characters cannot be bashed.  They are not even real.  Who is hurting here.  Obviously the fans who cannot distinguish between the character and actor.  SO this rule came into existence.  Is this even right.  Why should anyone get offended if a character is called spineless or dumb.

Actors cannot be bashed.  This I agree.  But if someone says Barun needs to improve his voice modulation, an immediate attach happens and the post is deemed to be bashing.  I have seen such thread closed.

Shyam and Mami are called the most evil names and bashed left and right but different rules for side characters.  Why, are they not important characters?  Are the actors playing them not real human beings.  DO those actors not have fans of their acting talent?

What about the real feeling of real people who make this forum a success.  Don't real people have any importance.  So I say negative things against Barun or Anjali, I am spreading negativity.  My hurt and my pride are minor compared to the hurt and pride of the person reporting??

I personally feel the worship of Barun and his butt and his biceps and related topics are highly offensive. 

Which lady on this forum or which girl in this forum will tolerate if a man came to this forum and made posts about Sanaya / Kushi's figure, with closeup GIFs?  Will these same people appreciate that male and call him positive?  He will be lynched and thrown out and rightly so.

So if it is offensive for a man to make crude remarks about an actress, why is it not offensive for a woman/girl to make extremely crude remarks about a actors physique?  Can I present this argument and complain on every such post and say I am offended?  Will it be valid?

Such is the double standards.  When the forum is a haven for one particular actor and character, then this is not a forum for the serial, but it is a forum for ASR/BS. 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

ra123Amrita_12..Swapnali..rainaMenigma17FairyLiquidSoap.Kiran.Sultan_Of_SwingOmNaMaSteOmCHIPPEDCUP

..Swapnali.. Goldie
..Swapnali..
..Swapnali..

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by stafhtad

I do not know about your post and if it was positive or negative and hence cannot comment on that. 
Whether the post is good or bad doesn't matter.  Some person with a grudge or a beef or had a past debate with TM, decided to be evil and complain my feelings got hurt, I am offended, is all it takes.

Characters cannot be bashed.  They are not even real.  Who is hurting here.  Obviously the fans who cannot distinguish between the character and actor.  SO this rule came into existence.  Is this even right.  Why should anyone get offended if a character is called spineless or dumb.

Actors cannot be bashed.  This I agree.  But if someone says Barun needs to improve his voice modulation, an immediate attach happens and the post is deemed to be bashing.  I have seen such thread closed.

Shyam and Mami are called the most evil names and bashed left and right but different rules for side characters.  Why, are they not important characters?  Are the actors playing them not real human beings.  DO those actors not have fans of their acting talent?

What about the real feeling of real people who make this forum a success.  Don't real people have any importance.  So I say negative things against Barun or Anjali, I am spreading negativity.  My hurt and my pride are minor compared to the hurt and pride of the person reporting??

I personally feel the worship of Barun and his butt and his biceps and related topics are highly offensive. 

Which lady on this forum or which girl in this forum will tolerate if a man came to this forum and made posts about Sanaya / Kushi's figure, with closeup GIFs?  Will these same people appreciate that male and call him positive?  He will be lynched and thrown out and rightly so.

So if it is offensive for a man to make crude remarks about an actress, why is it not offensive for a woman/girl to make extremely crude remarks about a actors physique?  Can I present this argument and complain on every such post and say I am offended?  Will it be valid?

Such is the double standards.  When the forum is a haven for one particular actor and character, then this is not a forum for the serial, but it is a forum for ASR/BS. 

Each and every word of your post is put so aptly and thoughtfully. I couldn't have said it so nicely, but agree 100% with it.

If you want to become famous and be worshiped on this forums, say nice things about the dumbest of episodes, bring in news from the actors personal lives/ set and boom... your life is set here. Then you can everyday post some crap about your personal lives & problems and nobody will report those posts. But you give your honest opinion about something, and you will be threatened to be reported.

Why is it offensive if one expresses our honest opinion about something? Why always be diplomat everywhere in life? I know it's a good skill to have, but if we don't have the skill why should we be banned?

Edited by ILoveHussain - 07 August 2012 at 10:32pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ra123enigma17FairyLiquidSoapOmNaMaSteOmSultan_Of_Swing

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:09pm | IP Logged

Spot on Sudha!!!!!
You deserve a diamond medal for this post never mind a Gold
Very well articulate and every word is true
Blind adoration and idolisation based on mere looks without any character substantiation to it is at the very least vacuous and empty.
Nothing more , nothing less one could add
Except maybe...Hug
Brilliant!

Edited by enigma17 - 07 August 2012 at 11:42pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

..Swapnali..Sultan_Of_SwingFairyLiquidSoapOmNaMaSteOm

bepatient IF-Rockerz
bepatient
bepatient

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
hmmm... topic closed ????  I replied to that post and I didnt find anything " objectionable" in that post started by you !!!  Ya, there were some replies which were rude at that time when i checked.  But even then why close it ?? Is it not better to vent out anger thru discussion forums than actually go directly and attack the actors / ipkknd team as such.  If some forum members crossed the line in their replies then the mods should have warned them rather than close the topic !!  POV should be respected and argument should be put forth in the right spirit. 
OmNaMaSteOm IF-Sizzlerz
OmNaMaSteOm
OmNaMaSteOm

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:23pm | IP Logged

please send this to the moderators they need to know how partial they are to the majority of the forum

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

enigma17FairyLiquidSoap

Go to top