India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Every IPKKND Episode is a filler from 15th Feb '12

rightknell11 Senior Member
rightknell11
rightknell11

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Ok, guys sorry I am not a basher but seriously, think! the MU started Feb 15th.

Then holi happened, heer-ranjha thing happened, Bubbly joined in (contributing to what? no one can ever make out), then Khushi started Dabba business, then Arshi went in and stayed at Buaji's house, Khushi's silly suicide attempts, nothing happened except that some nok-jhok scenes which did not really move the story forward but merely 'filled' for passing time.

It took Arnav and Khushi to discuss this on May 15th, after 3 months! Result? Inconclusive. The whole conversation ended up with Arnav not convinced about Khushi's innocence.

Then Arnav got kidnapped and because Barun was away on shooting the whole story took a back-seat as they showed Arnav got kidnapped and episodes were filled by showing some comic scenes by Mami becoming the detective, then showing Masala Mama, then when that did not work they had to bring in NK Bhai. NK Bhai helped Khushi, but they had to just kill time, they did however gather some evidence against Shyam. The only progress was that Arshi united, relieving all fans but critics were unswayed. Why? because Arnav did not believe in Khushi's innocence through a evidential demonstration. He only believed in her, because he was in love and that separation drew them closer and thereby making Arnav believe in Khushi's innocence. Result? Not a plot driven progress but entirely hinging on the romantic. Good for fans, but critics till today cannot undertsand what led Arnav (apart from his unflinching love for Khushi) to believe that Khushi was right. No evidence looked into, no witness interactions, just pure blind believe in love? Not good enough! 

Things, however, started heating up. Very deftly though the story progressed and Arshi now united and with Arnav back home, time heeded us all towards a confrontation: That track went on for one week with a very weak offensive or defensive on Khushi's, NK's, Payal's part. Result? Inconclusive. Shyam, being the shrewd lawyer that he is got away with almost all the accusations.
Result: Khushi and Payal admonished for concealing this, instead of keeping Shyam as the central culprit of this all. Even when there were 5 witnesses (Khushi, Payal, Garima, Buaji and NK Bhai - I will not count Khushi's dad at this time) to this plus Arnav who right that night confronted Shyam and Shyam very clearly told him, "Hum Rani Sahiba ko nahi chahte hain balke Khushiji hamara junoon hain" And, "Khushiji aur humare beechme ek kaanta hai - Ranisahiba!"

Yet, Arnav does not remind Shyam about this during the confrontation track but just on Khushi saying that her innocence could be found in her eyes, Arnav goes and slaps Shyam, not elucidating as to what led him to do this. Result? Inconclusive.

Now Shyam, driven out, is completely out of every ones' minds. Nobody even argued or deliberated or even questioned Arnav's purpose except Nani and she got the answer from Arnav. Further, Arnav goes on to tell Anjali that he did not love Khushi at the time of marrying her but married just for the sake of Anjali and her unborn child. Why? What led him to do this? No questions answered and no explanations offered.

In all of this you will see 6 months this issue has dragged on and on and on. The characters never talk, if they want to push the conversation, they will either say, "kuch nahi" or "hum iske baare main koi baat nahi karna chahte" or "aap aaraam kijiye". That's it. Issues are growing but never get explained.

Now enter Dadima with her old closets still to be opened. As it is the viewers couldn't see the disentanglement of the past six months of turmoil that this has now taken a new shape.

But these scenes are CVs favourites:
- Khushi being bashed by Mamiji, softly by Anjali, indirectly by Akash.
- NK saying something in hindi and someone correcting him.
- Payal being bashed by Mamiji and Akash. Akash hides about Dadima to Payal yet got upset with her for concealing Shyam's truth!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

xooniymail_my

ymail_my Senior Member
ymail_my
ymail_my

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Clap  Clap  Clap  Clap  Clap 
YUP YUP YUP YUP!!!
Clap

SOOO MANY LOOSE ENDS AND INCOMPLETE TRACKS

and INCONSISTENCIES...

(ASR style) UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Thats what I meant in one of my posts: 

THere was really no need to get the skeleton of the past out of the closet right now when there was ample material waiting in the pipeline to be closed

Edited by ymail_my - 07 August 2012 at 1:27pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rightknell11

..Swapnali.. Goldie
..Swapnali..
..Swapnali..

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
I agree to some extent!

I never could understand what exactly made Arnav believe in Khushi's innocence? Was that his kidnapping?

I agree with you about the side characters.. Bubbly, masala mama were totally useless or actually total waste.. so was the Aakash - Payal track.. I seriously never got Aakash! NK is good because Karan acts well & does his part nicely.. but as a character, NK really has not added much value after his comeback. Mamaji all of a sudden is invisible... There are so many inconsistencies with the whole Gupta family that it would take a separate thread to discuss all.. But Khushi's dad should have been an important character among all of them, and he conveniently keeps on appearing & disappearing!

I wouldn't say that every episode was a filler for me though.. for example, whole Holi week was good and so were some episodes after the kidnapping track started. But yes, the whole track seems fluctuating time to time.. The CV's are still experimenting with lot of things, and then suddenly change or keep it open when things don't work with the audience. Among all these frustrations, if we purely go by a particular episode which was good, then I don't call it a filler. In all the OTT comedy at Gupta house, the last day of the suicide drama was a good episode, and few more episodes which work mainly because of ArHi/ SaRun even if they don't contribute much to the story.

It's good that you mentioned the date in the title.. the spoilers during marriage track always promised that 6 months in real life does not mean 6 months in soap, and the marriage track is not going be dragged that long... we are one week short in real life, and so is IPKKND... and I am not even talking about the redemption track we were promised in the beginning of these 6 months..

Edited by ILoveHussain - 07 August 2012 at 1:47pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rightknell11

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top