Daadi - a strong character in IPK. Edit - Page 9 - Page 7

Posted: 11 years ago
Hey buddy thanks for the special mention... ur post was thought provoking.

With today's epi my belief that Dadi is nothing but a control freak is increasing. Yes she may have a reason to dislike khushi but her behavior is still unacceptable.

She keeps on insisting that since she is the dadi she shud have the higher say.  [Copying pasting my reply to princessunara's post] . She cannot just walk in expect ppl to change everything for her within 5mins. Does she not realize tho they r related they have had their own life for 15 years abt which she knows nthg. 15 years is a long time to develop, habits, preferences and relations evolve in such a long time. I hate it tat she expects everyone to dance to her tunes but is not willing to take responsibility for her actions or rather her inactions of last 15 years.

The way she commanded payal abt decorations, her reactions to NK/mami or in general the way she is trying again and again to establish authority. She has realized that Arnav is a grown man who controls the house but a way to dominate him would be to demean his wife, though that may not be her main motive.
Originally posted by ipkknd37

Hi Sree, nice post. πŸ‘. Just wanna share my tupence worth πŸ˜‰. Agree with u that Dadi is feminine version of ASR. So yeah birds of same feather. But me thinks both are arrogant for sure, but weak. As  memyselfandrshi said in her post, Dadi ran when all hell broke loose unlike Nani. My POV is most weak people put up a facade of arrogance/attitude. Some put up a brave front cos they r afraid of getting hurt. Those who r insecure also put up arrogant front so they feel a feared and revered and respected.  Probably they think/know they cannot handle adverse situations. Hence they hide behind an armor of attitude/arrogance/stricture lest people find out about their fears.To me Dadi is not so strong woman just a dominating one. Her kinda dominance is not strength, again just my POV.😊 

PS: For me Khushi is a strong woman cos she knows her weakness as well and is neither afraid to acknowledge it nor let others know. She is afraid of the dark but still venture into it if & when the need arises. Because lot of us, me included cannae be selfless like Khushi, we misunderstand that she does not have self respect. Though she could have let ASR pay off GH rent, she did not. She wanted to earn it and she did that with all her nautanki πŸ˜‰. 

PSS:OF all the women in RM/GH, I think Khusi's survival instinct is the strongest. I cannae see or imagine any1 go thru what she has been through since childhood and still smile. Survival does not mean u forget to smile or be happy or selfless or be yourself. It is going through hell and back and still, not loose one's self...ab BAS kuch zyada hi likh diya πŸ˜‰. aur gyaan mujhse hi saha nahi jaataπŸ˜†

Beautifully worded my friend.

@ bold I completely agree she is just dominating. her behavior today made me think she actually has some guilt which makes her feel inferior hence the extra effort to make herself feel important by dominating others.
Khushi truly is the strongest woman, it takes a strong heart to forgive others without them apologizing or even recognizing their mistakes. she does that consistently with Arnav, Mami even her own family at times
[QU

well written - i think this is why may be i have no respect towards her character, u pin pointed my odd feeling thanks for that

Harshita I m so disturbed angry with dadi's behavior. I do not remember being this angry even with ASR during the worst of times may be bcos somewhere I knew he loves her. But this woman walked in jumped to her conclusion or may be things fed by shyam and then treated khushi so badly..

Khushi the one person who has sacrificed so much for this family..today whole day I m in crappy mood. talk abt not separating reel from real but tats how I feel😳
Had a great time reading ur post but m kind of very confused right now coz what is the definition of a strong individuality or a strong person???what i felt after wacthing dadi is that she is a headstrong arrogent person who is hell bent on forcing her ways on ppl around her,wheather it is right or wrong that doesnot matter at all,she is like a tyrant, who is selfobbessed,selfcentered who left her own grandchildren when adversity came upon them and when they needed the her the most and that particular trait of fleeting from the batlle ground when she was most needed is a tarit of a epic looser IMO...
And IMO khushi was,is and will be the strongest charecter in IPK alws,coz he who forgives is the strongest of all,c when she wasnt in love with ASR she had fought back with him at every oppurtunity but from the time she fell in love with him,she forgave his grave sins as well which he put her through,she has never passed any judgement on any person till date,never backed out of her responsibility,never disrespected anybody even when they all played the blame game on her,never let her spirit die no matter how many hardships came her way...
I find it very starnge and heartbreaking when khushi's selflessness,goodness and kindness along with her unconditional love for her loved ones is looked upon as being the sacrificial lamp or the doormat,i mean this is y they say that sach mai bhalai ka toh zamana hi nai raha,jaha accha karo toh ppl laugh at u and make a mockery out of ur genueine love for ppl...
ASR is the strongesttt! (Y) xD
Khushi is the strongest of the three contenders. Khushi lost both her parents at the tender age of 8 , but she never let that tragedy ruin her life.  She stood by her adopted family and loved them as her own. She helped her Babuji in his shop. When the family where in financial problems it was Khushi who went out to work. ASR troubled her a lot in the initial days but Khushi always stood up against him for what is right. Ofcourse Khushi married ASR against her will but it needs a lot of courage to go against your convictions and sacrifice your life for your sister. Neither Nani or Daadi had such a difficult childhood. When Arnav was kidnapped it was Khushi who saved him. Khushi might be shown sometimes as a pagal  girl but whenever the need arose it was Khushi always handled the challenge. Yes Daadi is strong because she is shown to be a dominating person.If I had a domineering daadi like that  i wouldnt respect her. I may be scared of her. Naani is strong in a way because she has held the family together. But both these contenders have years of experience in life For me a young girl named who feels for others, who smiles to make others happy even when she is not happy ,who loves everyone around her,who seems like a ray of sunshine in a dark cruel world is the strongest person.Khushi has Arnav on her side. Sorry if Iam biased to Khushi.
Hi Sree, that was very nice of u, pasting my post on d 1st page πŸ€—. And I am glad you liked my post.

Ok back to your updated post. Oh this is exciting!πŸ˜‰

You say: " If you agree that ASR is the strongest male character in IPK, you may have to ponder why Daadi can not be the strongest female character in IPK. "

My resp(from my prev post): "Agree with u that Dadi is feminine version of ASR. So yeah birds of same feather. But me thinks both are arrogant for sure, but weak."

You say: "She comes with a no-nonsense tag and I do not see her bowing down meekly in front of even the mighty ASR without giving a fight unlike the first two."

Me says: Her arrogance is a facade, like memyselfandrshi said in 1 of her post, could be Dadi is guilty of abandoning her grandchildren & hence hiding her guilt behind arrogance. Also I think the reason she does not cower is cos she continually uses her HAQ & her AGE to demand respect, obedience and the position of authority. Again Nani just commands with out having to demand for it. Having said that, it takes balls of steel for a woman like Khushi to stand up to ASR and she has done that since the beginning. As I said in my prev post :For me Khushi is a strong woman cos she knows her weakness as well and is neither afraid to acknowledge it nor let others know." Khushi used to be terrified of ASR, but that never stopped her from standing up before him. It never stopped her from telling ASR to eff off in her own way (guest house scene & handing over resignation letter). Her age & social status never stopped her from reprimanding ASR ( during La track). To me Khushi is the strongest cos she never commanded or demanded love, respect, trust, she earned it by her strong personality.
Edited by ipkknd37 - 11 years ago
Ok dears.. I am back.
I was absconding from this thread seeing your replies. 
I did not have a logical reply to your wonderful and damakedar replies then. 😳
I was confused why I feel this way for daadi. 

Now thanks to sonshine(appu) for making me realize what and why I feel for Daadi. Here we go.

@memyselfandrshi 
Agree daadi is a control freak and an pig head to say the least. But I think I would give the title for strong character sketch in IPK, just for demeanour. She is magnanimous by appearance and has the lordliness of a malik. Carries her attitude on sleeves. Tells truth on face. Coming from an old school, she is the big oak tree and the others are reeds. So no wonder she fell during the storm. (Thanks to appu for this awesome comparison)

@nottie @ipkknd37
I think my answer to daadi a strong character is the story of big oak tree and reeds(I just replied). I took the magnanimity and the attitude of her in the face value. And the arrogance and ego can be the same thing which bought her down 14 years back.
Now khushi -Aww she is my sweet baby girl. Love her to bits. I agree 100% on whatever qualities you mentioned about her. But adding one more thing her innocence. She is a kid by heart. A woman who keeps alive a child in her. All the above qualities stem from that fact. She is the cleanest character in IPK for me by any standards.

But if you think deeper was she ever a woman of substance? My answer is a big No. She is a cutie kid always with lots of innocence and would do anything for others. But never a one who took a firm decision irrespective of the situation. Never a one who command respect from anyone(she expects love from everyone not respect). Never a one who make a point in her own way. Never the one who faces the accusations with a stone face. She will wither the moment she stops getting love from her surroundings. She live on the happiness of others. So when you compare daadi and khushi. I would still say daadi is stronger while khushi is the cleanest soul. 

P.S I understand my thought process initially was muddles because i took daadi in the face value and was mesmerized by the aura or Lady Daadi. But later i realize she is a strong character sketch in IPK who is capable of break or make RM. A woman whom you can hate but never ignore. As my friend sathya says a pivotal character and as I say strongest female character sketch in IPK
Edited by sree07 - 11 years ago