Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: memyselfandrshi

Nice post...Swati Chitnis is wonderful, have always liked her. Seen her time and again in stage plays and her presence is capturing.

Coming to ur post. I have to disagree (well not really) abt Nani. What I mean is just want to point a few things out. I think Nani is also a very confident woman but she is not dominating. I think both Devayani and Subhadra devi are confident women. But I feel Nani is more confident than Dadi. Let me explain y . If u for a minute keep aside the body language and look at actions u will see that when the ride was riddled with bumps, jerks and nasty surprises dadi got off the boat. She left two kids Arnav and anjali and left to deal with her sorrows but Nani who also had lost a daughter stood firm on her feet and to support her grandchildren. She did not chose to escape she stood there with them through heart break, sorrow  to give these two a life inspite of her daugthers death. That shows a strong woman she would not have been able to so if she lacked confidence.

In dadi nani convo I liked Nani today not bcos she sided with Arshi but bcos she was looking at a situation in totality. When needed she did not back of from showing a formidable opponent like dadi that she was wrong. 

Her subtle manner and body language to me conveyed a woman who has stood the test of time and knows what it takes to keep a family together.

On the other hand dadi seemed more like my way or the high way person. She would not have it in her too look at all family members accept their faults yet hold them together.

well written - i think this is why may be i have no respect towards her character, u pin pointed my odd feeling thanks for that

vkp1989 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Agreed to u. But dadi is not as strong women as nani. She ranaway like a cowered when her grandchildren needs her most.
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Originally posted by: ipkknd37

Hi Sree, nice post. πŸ‘. Just wanna share my tupence worth πŸ˜‰. Agree with u that Dadi is feminine version of ASR. So yeah birds of same feather. But me thinks both are arrogant for sure, but weak. As  memyselfandrshi said in her post, Dadi ran when all hell broke loose unlike Nani. My POV is most weak people put up a facade of arrogance/attitude. Some put up a brave front cos they r afraid of getting hurt. Those who r insecure also put up arrogant front so they feel a feared and revered and respected.  Probably they think/know they cannot handle adverse situations. Hence they hide behind an armor of attitude/arrogance/stricture lest people find out about their fears.To me Dadi is not so strong woman just a dominating one. Her kinda dominance is not strength, again just my POV.😊 

PS: For me Khushi is a strong woman cos she knows her weakness as well and is neither afraid to acknowledge it nor let others know. She is afraid of the dark but still venture into it if & when the need arises. Because lot of us, me included cannae be selfless like Khushi, we misunderstand that she does not have self respect. Though she could have let ASR pay off GH rent, she did not. She wanted to earn it and she did that with all her nautanki πŸ˜‰. 

PSS:OF all the women in RM/GH, I think Khusi's survival instinct is the strongest. I cannae see or imagine any1 go thru what she has been through since childhood and still smile. Survival does not mean u forget to smile or be happy or selfless or be yourself. It is going through hell and back and still, not loose one's self...ab BAS kuch zyada hi likh diya πŸ˜‰. aur gyaan mujhse hi saha nahi jaataπŸ˜†

wow u helped me connect with khushi even more now
even though i love khushi immensely i couldnt understand the concept of forgiving & still remaining normal after what all happened
u helped me relate with her again

OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail

i suggest u to mention edited in the title too

sree07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Harshitha

i suggest u to mention edited in the title too

already did that dear
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Originally posted by: sree07

already did that dear

i saw it
πŸ˜ƒ

ipkknd37 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Harshitha

wow u helped me connect with khushi even more now
even though i love khushi immensely i couldnt understand the concept of forgiving & still remaining normal after what all happened
u helped me relate with her again

Glad to be of help Harshitha. This forum is great innit? Various post makes us realise or re-connect with our fav characters. πŸ˜‰
ipkknd37 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

πŸ˜†...glad u edited the post Sree!
sree07 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ipkknd37

πŸ˜†...glad u edited the post Sree!

updated again with the replies in general.
sree07 thumbnail
Originally posted by: sree07

Wow again a nice post. I skimmed through it and I liked the POV. I think I should reword my post and edit out and add more on the 'strength' aspect of the character.
I will come back and read later in detail and will reply. Running for a meeting now😳
Sorry.

hoila...i have updated the post again with my thoughts...if you get time peep in...πŸ˜‰