Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:48pm | IP Logged

Theatre is the only medium that belongs to actors: Sakshi Tanwar

Pooja Kulkarni, TNN | Aug 8, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Theatre is the only medium that belongs to actors: Sakshi Tanwar
Sakshi Tanwar
Playing wife on the small screen is now second nature for Sakshi Tanwar! And, she's extending this role to the silver screen too. Having just completed the shoot for the film Mohalla Assi, where she plays actor Sunny Deol's wife, Sakshi says, "My role as Savitri in the film was verystimulating for me as an actor. She is a typical Indian wife but has a different spark to her character."
From Parvati of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki to Priya of Bade Acche Lagte Hain, Sakshi has come a long way. She took up the challenge of portraying a mature love interest in BALH when all other serials were showing young love tales. "I took up this project because the character had an individual thought process in the same space with her man," she says. Her bold, intimate scenes with her on-screen husband Ram Kapoor in BALH had generated quite some buzz a while back. Was she comfortable doing them? "A lot has already been written about it and I don't want to get into the same conversation again," she retorts.
Does she think that the portrayal of women on television has changed? "In the past, women have always been showcased in powerful, iconic roles like in the series Tara, Koshish etc. The difference is that women are shown to be more expressive and identifiable now, rather than their 'larger than life kind' of image. Earlier people would walk up to me and say we want to be like Parvati; today they say we are like Priya," shares Sakshi. 
With TRP ratings leading the storylines, has she ever been forced to portray something she does not agree with? "It happens a lot of times," replies Sakshi, adding, "Take the case of the Dubaidrama in Bade Acche... I had apprehensions about the entire sequence before we shot it, but that's what grabbed most eyeballs. So I think everyone, be it the writers, directors or actors, know their job best. Creative differences are bound to be there as all are creative human beings."
On the small-screen, Sakshi wants to focus her energies only on BALH as of now. "I have always been doing one serial at a time. It helps me concentrate on my character and is enough to take care of my creative needs," she says. But the actor who was actively involved in theatre in her college days is determined to make it a part of her future career. "Right now television and movies are taking up all my time. But I want to do theatre as well; it is the only medium that belongs to actors today," adds Sakshi.
Sakshi has recently met with much praise for her lean look. "People have been asking me this, but I haven't really been doing anything different than what I was doing earlier! Just that people are seeing me more in western attire now than in a sari or salwar. The only change is that I style my hair a little differently!" she says. Ask her if she's seeing someone and if marriage is on the cards and she's quick to say, "There's nothing on the cards as of now." 

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

Anu Shriramanushka30TrieshjagspaddyPinkjalibalhfan4everBirdy91malickhabibanoddiyepink27lil_RituHasini_smilelalmadhu_CandyCream_anizorsaisamanviSiacutiedayabhisaniya9919jakther7..neelanjanaIndYa4udesi_baby07-Srishty-leena04swan20

taashu11 IF-Dazzler
taashu11
taashu11

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
tfs...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

IndYa4u

dayabhi IF-Dazzler
dayabhi
dayabhi

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing!