Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Arnav's Patchwork Quilt Of Redemption (edited) (Page 6)

mayabegum IF-Dazzler
mayabegum
mayabegum

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Oh my Lord. Preach, sister!

Quite honestly the first post i've read on this forum in months that actually makes so much sense!!
!

i second thatLOL

neverbefore Goldie
neverbefore
neverbefore

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
Hallelujah!  Totally agree with you.  Saying sorry means admitting to your mistakes...which means you've acknowledged and appreciated for yourself, exactly what you've done and what how it's hurt the other person.  

I'm not sure he fully understands yet what his actions have led to...maybe that's what Dadi's here for?  

There's always hope!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TheSmurfs

sohara IF-Sizzlerz
sohara
sohara

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Loved your post completely.
I've been begging for the redemption for so long and finally I gave up. Most probably the CVs got Bipolar disorder or have amnesia. Most of the time they forget an important event or just left it incomplete.
 SORRY is a very small word for all the  manhandling ASR did with Khushi . He may think what he did is just right, so why he has to apology.Every time we see him to blackmail or to force Khushi to fulfill his wish. As if he took Khushi for granted. The CVs doesn't have the consistency neither to portray the character nor to translate the story.
Giving Khushi the pearl was very significant. It symbolizes that he restored the dignity what he took from her on their first meeting. After the Rakhi  night I thought the redemption is on it's way. But unfortunately they started a new Dadi drama. Is it a beginning of new turmoil of Khushi's life?
I love Barun and Sanya a lot. They are sincerely doing their task. If the creatives are out of track then what they can do.

TheSmurfs

arhifrvr Senior Member
arhifrvr
arhifrvr

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
Omg...!! I love u...!!!
Uve bared my thoughts in this update... Thank u soo much for such an honest approach.. :)

TheSmurfs

segad IF-Dazzler
segad
segad

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Ok That is your opinion and I can respect that.  In my book however, actions speak louder than words.  Sorry as you pointed out is just a word.  It gets its power from the actions and emotions it can elicit in the person it is addressed to.  So long as the same action and emotion is elicited in the person to whom it is intended, the word/action used does not matter.

70% of all communication is non-verbal, why place so much emphasis on the 30%.  How many times have we received a mumbled "sorry" with no genuine feeling behind the words.  How many times have we ourselves issued such apologies?  Contrast that with a heartfelt and genuine touch on the arm or any such non-verbal action and tell me which is more important - the word "sorry" or the feeling of being sorry?

Arnav feels sorry for his prior deeds.  That regret is evident in his actions.  And in his words, he may not say the word sorry but each one of use is allowed to be ourselves and do things our way.  Similarly for Arnav.  He is saying sorry with his actions, in his mind and in his heart.  That sincerity is coming through.  That matters to me, not the words.

barun_fan Groupbie
barun_fan
barun_fan

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Action always speak louder than words. ASR is a man of action and not words .
apoorvaarnav IF-Dazzler
apoorvaarnav
apoorvaarnav

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:53am | IP Logged
actually ego and that too men ..their ego prevents them from saying sorry.
my dad does the same thing...tries to say sorry by buying chocolates and stuff but i have never ever heard a sorry from him!
most men are egostical and saying sorry and admitting their mistake is like being burned alive for them!
i sincerely hope the next generation isn't like that!

TheSmurfs

arisai Goldie
arisai
arisai

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by segad

Ok That is your opinion and I can respect that.  In my book however, actions speak louder than words.  Sorry as you pointed out is just a word.  It gets its power from the actions and emotions it can elicit in the person it is addressed to.  So long as the same action and emotion is elicited in the person to whom it is intended, the word/action used does not matter.

70% of all communication is non-verbal, why place so much emphasis on the 30%.  How many times have we received a mumbled "sorry" with no genuine feeling behind the words.  How many times have we ourselves issued such apologies?  Contrast that with a heartfelt and genuine touch on the arm or any such non-verbal action and tell me which is more important - the word "sorry" or the feeling of being sorry?

Arnav feels sorry for his prior deeds.  That regret is evident in his actions.  And in his words, he may not say the word sorry but each one of use is allowed to be ourselves and do things our way.  Similarly for Arnav.  He is saying sorry with his actions, in his mind and in his heart.  That sincerity is coming through.  That matters to me, not the words.

Although I see your point and for some people, I can see that it applies- for Arnav... that's not the case. Purely because of precedent. 

Every single time he has GENUINELY realised how much he's hurt Khushi- he has apologised. He knows the value of the word. When he realised she was an orphan; he apologised. When he realised his 'farak padta hai' was breaking her heart- he apologised. When he realised that Khushi had been telling the truth in Lucknow and that his actions as a result of not believing her had not only destroyed Khushi's life there, but Payal's, Shashi's and Garima's as well... he apologised.

Sure, Arnav's actions at the minute might be sincere, I'm not saying they aren't. All I'm saying is that Arnav's actions at the minute, when compared to his past behaviour, seem to suggest he doesn't understand JUST how much pain he put Khushi through and until he does, he will keep doing these superficial things to try to win her back when really, when he TRULY understands just how much he's broken Khushi over the past 6 months- he will SAY SORRY- because that's just what Arnav does when he actually realises the magnitude of the suffering his actions put others through.

Edited by arisai - 08 August 2012 at 1:47am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight99segadTheSmurfsCogito_Ergo_Sum.Kiran.

Go to top