Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Arnav's Patchwork Quilt Of Redemption (edited) (Page 5)

adev Senior Member
adev
adev

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
Loved this analogy: Patching up a wound without disinfecting it first can end up causing even more harm.

Will come back and edit with more.

Edit: I honestly don't know what else I can say without sounding redundant. Everyone has beautifully worded what I wanted to say.

Just want to say you have a way with words, be it fiction or stating simple facts! I jealous. Tongue

Edited by kinavars - 07 August 2012 at 2:33pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TheSmurfs

adev Senior Member
adev
adev

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CDlove

Rafa this is a terrific post and thank you for voicing my sentiments so coherently. I really am not expecting a grovelling, devdaas style 'redemption' where he goes on his knees and cry bucket loads of glycerin.
However I expect two things which has not been depicted in the story as of yet thus leaving me very unsatisfied with the story.

1) I want him to realise his mistakes and admit to himself (at least) that he had wronged her. Self realisation of one's mistakes is the first step towards redemption.

2) I want him to say sorry to her. A heart felt sorry spriging from the realisation of his mistakes.

That's all Im asking for and I would be a huppy bunny.

Agree with these points completely. I think the creatives have betrayed their lead characters completely by not allowing themselves a proper redemption. To have any kind of issues cleared, there must first be an acknowledgement of wrong doing and acceptance of guilt. Like arisai mentioned, what Arnav is doing right now is just putting bandaid on wounds that haven't been cleaned. It's like he skipped the whole step of forgiveness or even acknowledgement of guilt for his wrongdoings, and went straight ahead to the "let's bridge this gap in our relationship with words of endearment."

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Emerald-Cogito_Ergo_Sum

farheen75 IF-Rockerz
farheen75
farheen75

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
Completely agree with u...abt today's episode when he stood up for her in front of his dadi even I thought he is doing it bcz they both don't see eye to eye otherwise when mami insults her day in day out he just stands there as a stone wall with no expressions at all...like he was dying to bring her home but when she came with and mami straight away went after her that why is she so early and he didn't even had the decency to say that I have brought her but with dadi it's a totally different ball game she rejected him and now he is showing her her place.
Emerald- Goldie
Emerald-
Emerald-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
A brilliant post and very nicely written.

Will a simple "sorry" kill his character? That's all I want Gul to answer.

Yes we all understand his character very well but he should have apologized when he came back. He needs to say "sorry" now or it will be too late.

Edited by Emerald- - 07 August 2012 at 3:25pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

TheSmurfsCogito_Ergo_Sumkbtrpolly_mk

polly_mk IF-Stunnerz
polly_mk
polly_mk

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
Very well written!! You have made some very valid and interesting points.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TheSmurfs

moonlight99 Senior Member
moonlight99
moonlight99

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
Awesome post! I do agree. I feel like Arnav doesn't even realize his mistakes because I was watching some old episodes and it is cruel how he behaves with her. 

What he is doing now is what any husband would do for his wife even if the love is not present. People do all of these things out of respect. I can't find any justification for his character at all for some reason. 

I hope at he realizes his mistakes and apologizes. 

The odd thing is that if Arnav cries or is sad for even one episode it is expected to be equal to Khushi's pain for the whole year. What do you do when women are okay with seeing a woman crying and being ridiculed but are not okay if a man so much as gets a scratch on his body?

Great post ! I loved your point of view on this!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Emerald-TheSmurfskbtr

snoopy84 IF-Sizzlerz
snoopy84
snoopy84

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
brilliantly written
-Smiles- IF-Dazzler
-Smiles-
-Smiles-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
This is fantastic! Thumbs Up