Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Arnav's Patchwork Quilt Of Redemption (edited) (Page 4)

srija.singh04 Goldie
srija.singh04
srija.singh04

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
u expressed ur opinion and now here is mine...
 I totaally love the  both of them but that doesn't mean i m not critical  of them at times, i hated him  d day  he blamed khushi and shouted at her but the realization of his mistake was instant too and if u revisit the scene u will see his initial instinct was attempting plain apology and it was only after khushi expressed her self guit that he had to dawn ASR mask once again as tat was the only way to stop her.

secondly, I  believe in the  phrase actions speak louder than words and Arnav is a man of actions... that's wat hez doing now, and how do know that his gestures especially the pearl necklace didn't make her happy, coz i remember seeing a widespread smile on her face and then soulful tears acknowledging their eternal love.

Thirdly  i know ASR is not perfect, he was never meant to be but so is khushi, its d story of 2 very imperfect people weirdly perfect for each other... I mean just look at the basic characterization hez 28, ruthlessly worldly, having fixed notions about almost everything. While khushi is 18, full of life, naive, has self respect (dangerously close to ego). In other words she is unformed clay while he a hard vessel, having experienced a lot, now if u expect him to melt down completely he'd lose his essence... his transformation is a slow process and will take time but must say the guy is trying his best, today it was visible clearly, not wen he stood by her side but wen he kneeled down infront of her and acknowledged it was his fault entirely and she was not to blame herself... didn't u hear a clear sense of guilt and apology there...

lets give him some more time, journey is more fun than standing on ur destination and thinking wat to do next...Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Roshkolovemusicsohara

-Chinnu- IF-Dazzler

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
damonzlady Goldie
damonzlady
damonzlady

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
true that!
Roshkolovemusic Goldie
Roshkolovemusic
Roshkolovemusic

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Loved the post.
He should have said sorry to Khushi. But Arnav is a man of action rather than words. 
Waiting to find out what the coming episodes bring.
Thanks for the pm.Smile
Arshifan4life IF-Rockerz
Arshifan4life
Arshifan4life

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Nice post
Oyster IF-Sizzlerz
Oyster
Oyster

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Now this is called a balanced, well-thought, well-written post.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading every bit of it and nodding in agreement at the end of every sentence.  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiTheSmurfs

kbtr IF-Sizzlerz
kbtr
kbtr

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by arisai

Disclaimer: I don't love Barun. I don't love Sanaya. I don't know either of them. It's enough hassle just loving all the people in my life who I DO know, I don't have time to waste it on random celebrities. I don't, however hate them either. 

Few words in this world hold as much power as this one:  'Sorry'.

It has the ability to stop wars, heal hearts and equalise everybody regardless of caste, creed or character. 

It's one which I honestly believe only cowards fear to say. It commands respect and brings with it an ocean of forgiveness. It can fix wounds and rifts you never even knew were there.

Which is why I it saddens me that Arnav hasn't said it yet.

Oh, I understand this 'unique, ASR style' Road to Redemption- he's going back through time and patching over the painful memories with new, happier ones. He is trying to fix the past with the present... 

- 'I HATE YOU.' replaced with, 'I love you, Khushi.'

-Her looking after and nursing him replaced with him looking after her.

- The pearls he ripped replaced with a brand new pearl necklace.

- The memory of sleeping in the cold outside replaced with the 'honour' of sleeping in his bed beside his 37 degree body. 

- The gift from his Nani which he broke replaced by the simpler ones which truly make Khushi happy.

- His not wanting to touch her and being disgusted to so much as breathe the same air as her replaced by his libido suddenly overflowing and his wanting to hug her at any given moment as well as share his breath with hers with the constant FAILED kisses.

- All the times he didn't stand by her or trust her or respect her or give her a position as his wife replaced by standing beside her in front of his own family, against his Jeeja and now, his Dadi (though I would contest his intentions here- is he doing it just to stand by Khushi, or is he just doing it to fulfill some childish urge to rebel against his strict grandmother- I've included it purely because I think it's important and I guess it is possible to be doing both).

But that's not how it works.

You can try and tell me that the way he's doing things is less superficial: He's remembering individual pains he caused her and then sticking a plaster on them/ stitching them up. But if this is what you're trying to argue, then you just don't get it.

Patching up a wound without disinfecting it first can end up causing even more harm.

What Arnav's doing at the minute is artificial and it leaves me with the gross feeling of him almost trying to buy Khushi's forgiveness. 

But for the love of all that is holy- Khushi forgave him almost the second she realised why he did what he did. 

What he's doing at the minute is to make her forget. It's just how things work in his head: forget the past and perfect the present. I wrote HERE about how Arnav's bulldozer style of getting to love completely overshadowed the softer, gentler road Khushi took- and once again, his demolition style attempt at redemption has completely knocked Khushi's need to be angry. His persistent "YOU MUST FORGIVE ME!" has destroyed her right to say "NOT YET!"

Khushi doesn't need or want pearls or presents or even for Arnav to become the Perfect Pati. 

She needs an apology. She needs Arnav to shatter his ego, admit his mistakes and apologise to her. Say the word.

"Sorry." 

Even if Khushi herself doesn't realise it yet.

Like I said before, it's an equaliser.

Until he actually SAYS the word and truly humbles himself in front of her, until he stops with this high-and-mighty, I'm-better-than-you act of 'I will protect you' and finally makes his way to 'We will protect each other'...

He has realised before how much his words and actions hurt her and he apologised (giving us some of the most perfect scenes of IPKKND thus far). 

Therefore until and unless he apologises again this time, I cannot believe that he truly appreciates the depths of the pain and suffering he put her through... And his road to redemption will remain incomplete.

FINALLY! Somebody that agrees with me. I have been saying for a while now that, appeasing the viewer with eye candy is just draping the underlying theme of this story of true love. I REFUSE to believe that here is a man who will die if he does not get his love - what has he done to show that? How can there be TRUE love if there is no true LIBERTY (mental, emotional, spiritual.) She takes his cues, if he is OK everything is OK. Does she even exist? What of her pain, her fear, her feelings?  Now, yet one more time, we, the idiot viewer, will get some more eye candy (dance sequence, now that he has had a nightmare) to appease us so that we forget that his absolution must happen for this relationship to work. Yet one more time, she and her being are thrown to the back burner whilst his needs are met. 

BTW, we (my friends and I) watching this epi said the same thing - from his expression - is he doing this for Kushi or because he wants one up on Dadi. Defy Dadi to put her in her place for doing what she did. (I think she blamed his mum for dad's infidelity, maybe with Kushi's mum?? and his mum couldn't take it so..., ooo but I digress here!)

(I know, I know only a drama...)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiTheSmurfsCogito_Ergo_Sum-DKS-.Kiran.

..Swapnali.. Goldie
..Swapnali..
..Swapnali..

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
I loved your disclaimer!

I sometimes am amazed at the fights we have in this forum over not only the actors, but totally fictional characters too.. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TheSmurfs

Go to top