Joined: 12 July 2012
The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:
Joined: 11 July 2011
Joined: 29 April 2012
Joined: 09 February 2012
Joined: 01 June 2012
Joined: 02 June 2010
The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:
Joined: 24 July 2012
Disclaimer: I don't love Barun. I don't love Sanaya. I don't know either of them. It's enough hassle just loving all the people in my life who I DO know, I don't have time to waste it on random celebrities. I don't, however hate them either.
Few words in this world hold as much power as this one: 'Sorry'.
It has the ability to stop wars, heal hearts and equalise everybody regardless of caste, creed or character.
It's one which I honestly believe only cowards fear to say. It commands respect and brings with it an ocean of forgiveness. It can fix wounds and rifts you never even knew were there.
Which is why I it saddens me that Arnav hasn't said it yet.
Oh, I understand this 'unique, ASR style' Road to Redemption- he's going back through time and patching over the painful memories with new, happier ones. He is trying to fix the past with the present...
- 'I HATE YOU.' replaced with, 'I love you, Khushi.'
-Her looking after and nursing him replaced with him looking after her.
- The pearls he ripped replaced with a brand new pearl necklace.
- The memory of sleeping in the cold outside replaced with the 'honour' of sleeping in his bed beside his 37 degree body.
- The gift from his Nani which he broke replaced by the simpler ones which truly make Khushi happy.
- His not wanting to touch her and being disgusted to so much as breathe the same air as her replaced by his libido suddenly overflowing and his wanting to hug her at any given moment as well as share his breath with hers with the constant FAILED kisses.
- All the times he didn't stand by her or trust her or respect her or give her a position as his wife replaced by standing beside her in front of his own family, against his Jeeja and now, his Dadi (though I would contest his intentions here- is he doing it just to stand by Khushi, or is he just doing it to fulfill some childish urge to rebel against his strict grandmother- I've included it purely because I think it's important and I guess it is possible to be doing both).
But that's not how it works.
You can try and tell me that the way he's doing things is less superficial: He's remembering individual pains he caused her and then sticking a plaster on them/ stitching them up. But if this is what you're trying to argue, then you just don't get it.
Patching up a wound without disinfecting it first can end up causing even more harm.
What Arnav's doing at the minute is artificial and it leaves me with the gross feeling of him almost trying to buy Khushi's forgiveness.
But for the love of all that is holy- Khushi forgave him almost the second she realised why he did what he did.
What he's doing at the minute is to make her forget. It's just how things work in his head: forget the past and perfect the present. I wrote HERE about how Arnav's bulldozer style of getting to love completely overshadowed the softer, gentler road Khushi took- and once again, his demolition style attempt at redemption has completely knocked Khushi's need to be angry. His persistent "YOU MUST FORGIVE ME!" has destroyed her right to say "NOT YET!"
Khushi doesn't need or want pearls or presents or even for Arnav to become the Perfect Pati.
She needs an apology. She needs Arnav to shatter his ego, admit his mistakes and apologise to her. Say the word.
Even if Khushi herself doesn't realise it yet.
Like I said before, it's an equaliser.
Until he actually SAYS the word and truly humbles himself in front of her, until he stops with this high-and-mighty, I'm-better-than-you act of 'I will protect you' and finally makes his way to 'We will protect each other'...
He has realised before how much his words and actions hurt her and he apologised (giving us some of the most perfect scenes of IPKKND thus far).
Therefore until and unless he apologises again this time, I cannot believe that he truly appreciates the depths of the pain and suffering he put her through... And his road to redemption will remain incomplete.
The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:
nonasi, TheSmurfs, Cogito_Ergo_Sum, -DKS-, .Kiran.,
Joined: 03 February 2009
The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:
Who noticed arnavs blue shirt today?
Author: Ipkknd-ki-fan1 Replies: 56 Views: 13563
|Ipkknd-ki-fan1||56||13563||22 May 2012 at 11:52pm by Aditi_ARHIrule|
guess arnavs proposal to khushi
Author: honestyfirst Replies: 8 Views: 5172
|honestyfirst||8||5172||10 February 2012 at 7:05am by -Koeli_Appy-|
Khushi-Arnavs emotional fightback-Article
Author: Armu4eva Replies: 18 Views: 9222
|Armu4eva||18||9222||08 December 2011 at 5:42am by .Saraa.|
Speaking of Redemption
Author: minimuffin86 Replies: 20 Views: 2525
|minimuffin86||20||2525||30 November 2011 at 7:36pm by nyxx|
ASR needs redemption
Author: surenkal Replies: 2 Views: 1261
|surenkal||2||1261||27 November 2011 at 2:15pm by Asr-Ki-Sam|
Popular Channels :
Quick Links :