Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Arnav's Patchwork Quilt Of Redemption (edited) (Page 3)

preetihere IF-Dazzler
preetihere
preetihere

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Ur title says it all ..
Khushi and Arnav are similar in that way - both of them only do patchwork solutions to anything!

Arnav has bullied his way into Khushi's heart..i am not sure they have sorted out the contract marriage issue as yet!
He said lets talk and there was a gap after the orange saree-sherwani hug with a "Cullenish" morning where he said baat baaki hai - did they talk?!

Khushi said it also - she doesn't know the man she loves one bit and he is a stranger to her though so close to her heart!

He is saying sorry more often nowadays but its all like u said sticking plaster to individual incidents !
The Dadi has come in too soon before we got a full blown grovelling apology .
i cant deny i am enjoying the high drama LOL.. am still hoping that in the following days we will get to see that apology! Khushi had a brief "what about my feelings" phase and she's back with a vengence to "ArnavJi needs me"!
Khushi's easy going on her own hurts so perhaps that's what works out between them!
In a way its good Dadi is going to rake the past now or Khushi wud've never even thought of asking.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiSayali_23Cogito_Ergo_Sum

Rabba-Ve-Delena IF-Sizzlerz
Rabba-Ve-Delena
Rabba-Ve-Delena

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sayali_d23

well agree with all the points stated in your post to the T... you have put everything perfectly...

BUT the main problem here is creatives have made the mockery of Khuhi's selfless love... they always sideline her pain and emotions but glorify Aranv and others pain / emotions... they have ruined Khushi's self respect by making her of self sacrificing goat...

So i think more then anything else Khushi needs redemption ... first she should learn to respect herself and for a change start thinking about her own life and future... hope what i m saying makes some senseEmbarrassed

It does to me!
It's contradicting, if Khushi's love is so selfless that she is willing to forgive him for everything in the past then why the resistance of him remaining with him in the marriage?...
Likewise, isn't Arnav's love selfish if he is so hell-bent on making her stay with him when she has tried to distance herself by hook or crook..

Creatives have a strange script, ASR doesn't feel guilty or has never acknowledged it, even in internal dialogues and likewise Khushi's never held him responsible for the forced marriages etc ... I don't understand how she expects everything to find after the 12 or whatever remaining days of the contract...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

karismanonasikbtr.Kiran.sbk2

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Oh my Lord. Preach, sister!

Quite honestly the first post i've read on this forum in months that actually makes so much sense!!

The reason I sat through the torture and pain Arnav inflicted on Khushi was because I felt it would mean the stronger the pain, the better the redemption will be. Oh boy, I couldn't possibly be any more wrong! Forget redemption, this guy has an ego so big he has no shame at all talking about how he forced Khushi to marry him through no fault of hers! I want to see a weak ASR, I want to see a guy who reveals his vulnerability to his wife. Someone who realises that had any other guy on the planet put his own sister in a similar situation then he would not have spared him so why let himself off so easily?! As much as I love ASR, I want an ASR with a conscience that tells him he's treated an innocent girl like absolute crap and ought to go all put to woo this girl. A simple recognition of his own mistake and an apology will do him no harm!

Hate that Khushi always forgives him so easily! It's in her nature to do so but how can she possible forgive a guy who ruined all her dreams so easily?! And what's this new spoiler of her wooing him? I for one am not happy with the spoiler. If anything, it should be the other way around!!

Edited by hindu4lyf - 07 August 2012 at 12:35pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiTheSmurfsCDloveCogito_Ergo_Sumsbk2-DKS-kbtrOmNaMaSteOm.Kiran.

CDlove IF-Rockerz
CDlove
CDlove

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Rafa this is a terrific post and thank you for voicing my sentiments so coherently. I really am not expecting a grovelling, devdaas style 'redemption' where he goes on his knees and cry bucket loads of glycerin.
However I expect two things which has not been depicted in the story as of yet thus leaving me very unsatisfied with the story.

1) I want him to realise his mistakes and admit to himself (at least) that he had wronged her. Self realisation of one's mistakes is the first step towards redemption.

2) I want him to say sorry to her. A heart felt sorry spriging from the realisation of his mistakes.

That's all Im asking for and I would be a huppy bunny.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

adevEvocativekarisma.A.l.i.a.nonasiTheSmurfsCogito_Ergo_Sumhindu4lyfmeera30.Kiran.sbk2OmNaMaSteOm-DKS-

Sayali_23 IF-Rockerz
Sayali_23
Sayali_23

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rabba-Ve-Delena

Originally posted by sayali_d23

well agree with all the points stated in your post to the T... you have put everything perfectly...

BUT the main problem here is creatives have made the mockery of Khuhi's selfless love... they always sideline her pain and emotions but glorify Aranv and others pain / emotions... they have ruined Khushi's self respect by making her of self sacrificing goat...

So i think more then anything else Khushi needs redemption ... first she should learn to respect herself and for a change start thinking about her own life and future... hope what i m saying makes some senseEmbarrassed

It does to me!
It's contradicting, if Khushi's love is so selfless that she is willing to forgive him for everything in the past then why the resistance of him remaining with him in the marriage?...
Likewise, isn't Arnav's love selfish if he is so hell-bent on making her stay with him when she has tried to distance herself by hook or crook..

Creatives have a strange script, ASR doesn't feel guilty or has never acknowledged it, even in internal dialogues and likewise Khushi's never held him responsible for the forced marriages etc ... I don't understand how she expects everything to find after the 12 or whatever remaining days of the contract...

Agree she is shown to be very short sited... living in the moment not at all thinking about future... i for once don't understand why she is hellbent on not sharing Shaym's truth revelation to Gupta's... they know Snakes true colors... they will be happy to know that Sanke is out of RM and can not create troubles for anybody... why they will be unhappy or pareshan as Khushi thinks??

if she doesn't even holds Arnav or any other person responsible for her pain or humiliations ... why others will feel the need to say sorry or need for redemption?

noor123 Senior Member
noor123
noor123

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
I agree totally. Looks like the lead couple have been sidelined for the Dadi track and unknown past of ASR - whereas there should have been a huge crisis dealt in by the revelation of forced marriage, separation and then guilt + redemption - NOT FOR KH, BUT FOR US THE VIEWERS WHO KNOW THAT ANY NORMAL GIRL WUD NEVER PUT UP WITH AN ASR EVER! - but no! we have to endure hugs that don't mean anything and conversations that go nowhere!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

OmNaMaSteOm-DKS-kbtr

meera30 IF-Rockerz
meera30
meera30

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Whatever he does later, stands up for her, repents for all his actions and his anger, he needs to say the words. Acknwledge that he wronged her. Even if she is big enough a person to not ask for it or even need it!

But then I dont think Arnav understands just what he did to her. Put her in the path of harm by placing her in the same house as the creep who lusted after her, against her wishes; Called her characterles; Forced to sleep on stone cold floor in the open in the middle of winter; Take away her dreams and hopes by marrying her the way he did; Accuse her of being the reason Shyam cheated on his sister. Wow, that's some list

And worse, I don't think Khushi understands just what happened to her either. Or maybe she doesn't want to acknowledge it amidst all the love she feels for her man and the guilt at indirectly being responsible for his sister's distress

This is so screwed up and the shoddy script and screenplay doesn't help! And now it looks like that is long forgotten with the next big track - THE past!

Sigh. This is not how things work in the real world

In the real world, sorry is the starting point and Rafa - very well compared - the antiseptic that comes before any other medication!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

uniquebluerosenonasivellainsaanCogito_Ergo_Sumhindu4lyf-DKS-Rabba-Ve-Delenakbtr

CDlove IF-Rockerz
CDlove
CDlove

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

The reason I sat through the torture and pain Arnav inflicted on Khushi was because I felt it would mean the stronger the pain, the better the redemption will be. Oh boy, I couldn't possibly be any more wrong! Forget redemption, this guy has an ego so big he has no shame at all talking about how he forced Khushi to marry him through no fault of hers! I want to see a weak ASR, I want to see a guy who reveals his vulnerability to his wife. Someone who realises that had any other guy on the planet put his own sister in a similar situation then he would not have spared him so why let himself off so easily?! As much as I love ASR, I want an ASR with a conscience that tells him he's treated an innocent girl like absolute crap and ought to go all put to woo this girl. A simple recognition of his own mistake and an apology will do him no harm!

A big hug to you for this and the bolded red parts, umm EXACTLEY!!!!

I put up with all his douche ways because some where down the line I thought his repentance of all his misdeeds would be equally intense and I was actually looking forward to that potential redeption track and even made myself feel better on this line of thought after watching a particularly nasty abuse executed by ASR (ofcourse to none other than our KKG). 

But the joke is on us.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Emerald-TheSmurfsnonasihindu4lyfCogito_Ergo_SumOmNaMaSteOmkbtr

Go to top