Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Arnav's Patchwork Quilt Of Redemption (edited) (Page 2)

MsIPKKNDManic Senior Member
MsIPKKNDManic
MsIPKKNDManic

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
First of all, sorry for taking so long to edit the res. Embarrassed

Second, you're absolutely right! It irks me to no end that alongside many other characters of the show, the essence of 'Arnav' or 'ASR' is being completely butchered! I know that may lead to wonder what the heck that's got to do with the apology and whatnot, but seriously, the last couple of weeks, maybe months - I dunno, I feel like the pure, passionate and magical fundamentals of the show that was IPKKND has somehow been lost in transition somewhere. Confused

I think I read in one of the previous comments about the lacklustre writing and screenplay that leaves a lot to be desired within the show and how that directly affects the character traits, and I completely agree with that - I don't know what on earth the CV's are playing at or why, but they're turning what was quite an ambitious project into one of the routine daily fixes of the same ghissa-pitta tracks that has been airing on Star Plus for years. 

I read some more on how there are many, MANY contradictions within the show and how they're constantly beating around the bush over one topic, and then BLINK and you're onto the next track, without so much of  a forewarning. 

Of all the characters, I think they've mostly done injustice to is Khushi - they didn't spare a redemption track for Arnav to understand and make up for all the crap he put her through. And no, splurging on gifts she neither wants, nor needs does NOT count. It's like what Khushi said: [paraphrased] "aapne yeh sab cheese toh khareedli, lekin afsos ke aap humaari muskuraahat (or was it 'khushi'?) nahin khareed paaye" 
Which, leads me back to the whole inconsistency that is being displayed - now, all of a sudden, Khushi's dancing and prancing around Arnav to make HIM feel better? What sense does that make?! I wanna see some grovelling, pleading, justification, etc. from ASR's side! I want him to hurt and to comprehend the months of hell he put her through. As sadistic as it may sound, I want that, I really do. But, alas, like many of our other pleads and cries, this one may also just go completely unheard -.- 

I also frankly don't care about the fact that people say how "his redemption style is unique" and that it's "different" - pardon my French, but that's just utter bullshit. Apologise like a man and make up for it properly. 

Coming back to my point on the PH. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how much we say, we can't really change much can we? How have they STILL not realised that we DON'T WANT all of this ronaa-dhonaa/pati ko manaana crap? Nor are we interested in any Kitchen Politics? So WHY, pray tell, are they still incorporating all of this within the show?! I've tried making sense of the way their mind works, I really have, but I constantly pull up with blanks :( 

Nowadays, it's almost become sort of an obligation for me to watch the show - I know it sounds strange; if I don't WANT to watch it, why should I? Not quite sure how to explain it, but I think I'm constantly looking out for those glimpses of what could have been or how it should have been. 
For me, the show and the IPKKND Fandom are pretty separate - I'll watch the show, be disappointed YET AGAIN, and then sort of blend into the amazing world that so many talented writers have managed to create on this forum. 

I think I would have pulled my hair out in frustration if I hadn't read even half of the amazing things that I've had the privilege to. LOL

--- AFTERTHOUGHT -- (I'm prone to these quite often xD) 

What kind of "Creative Visionaries" do those people call themselves? Honestly? There is absolutely nothing "creative" about this mess they're making of the show! In fact, it's all been regurgitated across years and years of exactly the same tracks that we've seen in all previous shows. Is this your "Nayi Soch", Star Plus? Really? Dead

*RANT OVER* 

PS: Sorry if there's lack of coherence - I may have gotten slightly carried away whilst writing this. I'm really so disappointed. Ouch

Edited by MsIPKKNDManic - 08 August 2012 at 9:31pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TheSmurfsCogito_Ergo_Sum

.Euphoria. IF-Rockerz
.Euphoria.
.Euphoria.

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Perfectly summarised Rafa...After reading the first half I was wondering to myself where the heck is she planning on taking this post, until I read the analogy with disinfecting a wound (you medic you)

I'd say res but I know I probably wont be able to get round to updating my comment LOL

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

karismaarisaiTheSmurfsnonasiboyznakameera30sbk2Rabba-Ve-Delena

NestleToulouse IF-Stunnerz
NestleToulouse
NestleToulouse

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Beautifully written dear ! Clap Well said,and yes a sorry would have more than sufficed and Khushi would would have been really happy with just a sorry but yes he hasnt said so till now.However we have always known that Khushi and ASR always understand each other with no words(remember the telepathic convo,how when ASR couldnt talk,Khushi was his mouth piece etc) so what i'm trying to say here is that i'm sure she must have an inkling that ASR 's attitude towards her is changing and that he has evolved from what he was when she first met him.Moreover Khushi is also one such character who always finds happiness in other's happiness.I'm not justifiying ASR's actions,i'm just saying that yes he is doing things in his own way and i hope that one day he would actually tell her sorry !Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

RoshkolovemusicarisaiTheSmurfsnonasiBlueMystique

LivingInPajamas IF-Rockerz
LivingInPajamas
LivingInPajamas

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
''Sorry''-sometimes I am forced to think if people have actually exploited the use of this word today?Because as you so well put-it has the power to yield regret and sometimes indeed this is a lone word which has the ability to set things right! Long back that scene in which Arnav had said Sorry to Khushi for the first time still remains one of my favourites.Apart from the right mix of emotions I guess it was that simple ''Sorry'' he managed to utter.Khushi's dialogue here was very impactful ''Rehne dijiye aap nahi keh payenge''.So somewhere even if I am liking the current redemption which thank God is meaningful,I rather would love a Sorry in th end.Because Arnav is not someone who says Sorry easily but when he does he means it and she knows it! I totally agree that a redemption without a Sorry would be incomplete though I am pretty sure they are building all this up so that he can finally put his real thoughts into words.Brlliant Post btw! :)

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

karismaRoshkolovemusicEmerald-nonasiTheSmurfsBlueMystique.Kiran.

Nmyra Goldie
Nmyra
Nmyra

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
Here is my Opinion - 

If Arnie had a hangup over saying ILU - i'd get it he doesn't believe it doesn't say it  --- but he DOES say sorry - For reference check the Sangeet Segment  'Oh i'm so sorry Mr.Mehra' --- so WHY hasn't he apologized to his wife?

Possible reasons -

Ego ----- This makes me want to bash him against a wall. 

Not Comfortable saying it ------- Really?? He can apologize to random men but not his wife...who he basically manhandles, forced into marriage, physically AND mentally tortured and what not...hmmm.

He forgot/ Wants to show her instead ------- My reaction to this is simple. *facepalm*

So in my opinion Rafa u hit the nail on the head ASR needs to stop being an ostrich and face his faults as well as other's--- and dealing with it does not mean cover it up!! 

Edited by Nmyra - 07 August 2012 at 2:11pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71Emerald-uniqueblueroseCogito_Ergo_Sum

-ElmoFuj- IF-Sizzlerz
-ElmoFuj-
-ElmoFuj-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
I agree to your points completely. He really needs to get rid of that annoying attitude. But i guess rigt now, i for one may be willing to forgive him looking at how the past from which he ran is once again hell-bent in trapping him. But khushi, i dont think she herself wants to hear a sorry or anything. I think cv's are wrong showing us this. Cuz This isnt the khushi we all knew. Not the one which threw the resignation letter on his face and gave him a piece of mind for even trying to meddle with her life. That was khushi. Now its like cv's hve completely forgotten khushi has a heart and she can feel. But today, i seriously feel it was a step made from arnav's side. Baby step, but it sure was something. Though i agree to your whole post, i do VERY respectfully disagree (i repeat, this is my pov, no intentions to offend) to the point made regarding the intentions of arnav when he stood by her side today. I dont think he was doing that to show his Dadi he hates her or rebel against her. I think he genuinely did that for khushi. 

Edited by Fan_ipkknd1 - 07 August 2012 at 12:23pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasi

_Tabs_ IF-Dazzler
_Tabs_
_Tabs_

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
I am not a big person of words, but all I can say is your post summed up all my thoughts...
and another thing is He thinks he can fix every thing, which he can't and I feel khushi as a person and character has to get up and tell him that. And that is exactly what he is trying to do...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiRabba-Ve-Delena

Sayali_23 IF-Rockerz
Sayali_23
Sayali_23

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
well agree with all the points stated in your post to the T... you have put everything perfectly...

BUT the main problem here is creatives have made the mockery of Khuhi's selfless love... they always sideline her pain and emotions but glorify Aranv and others pain / emotions... they have ruined Khushi's self respect by making her of self sacrificing goat...

So i think more then anything else Khushi needs redemption of her own ... first she should learn to respect herself and for a change start thinking about her own life and future... hope what i m saying makes some senseEmbarrassed

Edited by sayali_d23 - 07 August 2012 at 12:30pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasivellainsaankbtrRabba-Ve-Delena

Go to top