Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Arnav's Patchwork Quilt Of Redemption (edited)

arisai Goldie
arisai
arisai

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:47am | IP Logged

Disclaimer: I don't love Barun. I don't love Sanaya. I don't know either of them. It's enough hassle just loving all the people in my life who I DO know, I don't have time to waste it on random celebrities. I don't, however hate them either. 

EDIT: Those of you who disagreed with me, I wish there were a record of all your usernames so that tomorrow when you make about fifty million posts about how much you loved it, I could send you all a virtual punch in the face for your hypocrisy. kthnxbye.

Few words in this world hold as much power as this one:  'Sorry'.

It has the ability to stop wars, heal hearts and equalise everybody regardless of caste, creed or character. 

It's one which I honestly believe only cowards fear to say. It commands respect and brings with it an ocean of forgiveness. It can fix wounds and rifts you never even knew were there.

Which is why I it saddens me that Arnav hasn't said it yet.

Oh, I understand this 'unique, ASR style' Road to Redemption- he's going back through time and patching over the painful memories with new, happier ones. He is trying to fix the past with the present... 

- 'I HATE YOU.' replaced with, 'I love you, Khushi.'

-Her looking after and nursing him replaced with him looking after her.

- The pearls he ripped replaced with a brand new pearl necklace.

- The memory of sleeping in the cold outside replaced with the 'honour' of sleeping in his bed beside his 37 degree body. 

- The gift from his Nani which he broke replaced by the simpler ones which truly make Khushi happy.

- His not wanting to touch her and being disgusted to so much as breathe the same air as her replaced by his libido suddenly overflowing and his wanting to hug her at any given moment as well as share his breath with hers with the constant FAILED kisses.

- All the times he didn't stand by her or trust her or respect her or give her a position as his wife replaced by standing beside her in front of his own family, against his Jeeja and now, his Dadi (though I would contest his intentions here- is he doing it just to stand by Khushi, or is he just doing it to fulfill some childish urge to rebel against his strict grandmother- I've included it purely because I think it's important and I guess it is possible to be doing both).

But that's not how it works.

You can try and tell me that the way he's doing things is less superficial: He's remembering individual pains he caused her and then sticking a plaster on them/ stitching them up. But if this is what you're trying to argue, then you just don't get it.

Patching up a wound without disinfecting it first can end up causing even more harm.

What Arnav's doing at the minute is artificial and it leaves me with the gross feeling of him almost trying to buy Khushi's forgiveness. 

But for the love of all that is holy- Khushi forgave him almost the second she realised why he did what he did. 

What he's doing at the minute is to make her forget. It's just how things work in his head: forget the past and perfect the present. I wrote HERE about how Arnav's bulldozer style of getting to love completely overshadowed the softer, gentler road Khushi took- and once again, his demolition style attempt at redemption has completely knocked Khushi's need to be angry. His persistent "YOU MUST FORGIVE ME!" has destroyed her right to say "NOT YET!"

Khushi doesn't need or want pearls or presents or even for Arnav to become the Perfect Pati. 

She needs an apology. She needs Arnav to shatter his ego, admit his mistakes and apologise to her. Say the word.

"Sorry." 

Even if Khushi herself doesn't realise it yet.

Like I said before, it's an equaliser.

Until he actually SAYS the word and truly humbles himself in front of her, until he stops with this high-and-mighty, I'm-better-than-you act of 'I will protect you' and finally makes his way to 'We will protect each other'...

He has realised before how much his words and actions hurt her and he apologised (giving us some of the most perfect scenes of IPKKND thus far). 

Therefore until and unless he apologises again this time, I cannot believe that he truly appreciates the depths of the pain and suffering he put her through... And his road to redemption will remain incomplete.

Edited by arisai - 15 August 2012 at 9:08am

The following 134 member(s) liked the above post:

jasmine.swanpdj_71-Madhatter-parneetiruffledfeathersserialfan2012ahttbartahseenghoritruth1-1adi.bisancheetalilithblackhemvbdancedanceRRWiseGirlzeefan 1adevkvgmatrimoonlight99PokkaArchu61nabnabMsIPKKNDManic-Sapna-ymail_myRita.CdhivyAtyayArshi143MKyaranimra21sami99Arshibestdreamymayarockinggirl5Emerald-Shweta1691Happy-go-luckyaeyshaalimblackdice1001Crazy_1001priyankaabebo2050wildandsweetdamonzladymayuri099SunineverbeforekarismaannieKmeghnasvaleyrie-Devanshi-Siestamaisoon..Swapnali..uniquebluerose-Smiles-ravenheartsneaky-ajlittlemoiN0306.A.l.i.a.catalystJaponica_Tabs_Jammy-swat.gapoorvaarnavvellainsaan-FarwiiDobaara-__blossom__ekiholoCetroniapreetihereaycma98nonasisegadTheSmurfsAmazingAmyRickyBahlchandana.sMentalExoticaCDloveKishmishBlueMystiquepeepliboreddamselArshifan4lifefrenzyyLivingInPajamasCogito_Ergo_Sumkritashkriti_atharvfarheen75sree07SanzBarbie.Euphoria.meera30sonia_92hindu4lyfEchoesofpassionMrsKhan-Sobtiboyznakamonsi08Edella17Akanksha-EtherealSanz..OystertinseldrunkiiebabepakpearlOnepoundChicsbk2isomersOmNaMaSteOmRabba-Ve-DelenaSamiyaIPKKNDGayuArnavFairyLiquidSoap-DKS-Mrs_Darcy_17kbtrsnoopy84summaiyasayed.FairyDust.soharaKalyaaniJohny.S.RajTia.0polly_mkNestleToulousedumas.AnJaNa.

BlueMystique IF-Rockerz
BlueMystique
BlueMystique

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Rafa! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

You get the gist! I love you for not being afraid to call bull shit on what apparently is...bullshit!

I haven't watched the episodes in 3 weeks! Which you would know, rafa, is major for me...because i was one of those people fan-girling over ASR when he was actually ASR.

I hung on to the show for as long as I possibly could, without insulting my own intellect.

I get from your post that he is trying to make up for what he did to her previously, by acting as he should have in those situations?

To me it feels like he is doing everything short of hitting her over the head (wait, didn't he do that already?LOL) and making her lose her memory.

Forcing someone to forgive, to forget, is never going to work. In fact, even if he did say sorry, Khushi is not obligated to forgive him. What he did to her, is still doing to her, is neither forgivable nor forgettable.

But a sorry would sure go a long way in making her trust him again.

ASR's biggest asset is also his biggest weakness - his attitude. Unless and until he loses that in front of Khushi, he is never going to earn her love.

Love you sachin!

PS: I gotta admit, i do love Sanaya and Barun's antics, but i wouldn't go as far as to say I love them! That would be creepy!

Edited by BlueMystique - 07 August 2012 at 12:16pm

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71ahttbarRaykaWiseGirlkarismaarisaiTheSmurfsnonasiJaponicaravenheartuniqueblueroseboyznakaCogito_Ergo_Sum-DKS-kbtr.Kiran.OnepoundChicsbk2Rabba-Ve-Delena

Rabba-Ve-Delena IF-Sizzlerz
Rabba-Ve-Delena
Rabba-Ve-Delena

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arisai

Therefore until and unless he apologises again this time, I cannot believe that he truly appreciates the depths of the pain and suffering he put her through... And his road to redemption will remain incomplete.

Rafa, you've typed every thought that went through mine when watching each of those episodes last week, in all those moments when Arnav worked on "wooing" his wife back whether it was pushing her to the edge and leaving her little choice or attempting to make her smile by buying her heartfelt, genuine presents. Bladrin, give me a hug fam.Hug

None of it really counts if he finds it so fundamentally difficult to apologise, I mean yes, he has apologised when she tripped over herself behaving like a TV for him but it was so vague and clouded, what was it he was apologising about? Forcing her to dance or the multiple times he's pressured her into doing whatever he's wanted.

In a way, it's incredibly selfish, especially in that scene where in desperation he asks Khushi whether she is ready to let go of it all so quickly, let it all be finished in a moment? I don't think he ever understood why Khushi resisted.

BUT @bold - the issue isn't one sided, it's not just Arnav. It's shoddy writing and screenplay with little thought about characterisations.

Here is my fundamental issue with all of it, Arnav needs everything spelled out for him and I don't think he actually appreciates how much he has insulted, demeaned and both physically and mentally abused her because she's never held him accountable. She's always swept it under the carpet. As feisty and cunning as Khushi is, she behaves like a doormat when Arnav really wrongs her, the only time she ever protected her self-worth was after the GH incident. SP bahu syndrome.

So it's a two way street, she needs to make him realise of how absolutely wrong some of his actions were, but she doesn't.

Just like he doesn't understand how wrong his actions were and probably doesn't appreciate the need to apologise. So he won't.

Honestly, it's screwed up characterisations and screenplay. It's erratic without consistency.

Edited by Rabba-Ve-Delena - 07 August 2012 at 12:09pm

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71Archu61WiseGirlmoonlight99NeemsundarikarismaSuniN12345NarisainonasivellainsaanJaponica.Euphoria.PersieVboyznakameera30BlueMystique-DKS-sbk2kbtrOnepoundChicpolly_mk

PersieV IF-Rockerz
PersieV
PersieV

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:53am | IP Logged
The disclaimer done it for me!
I couldn't stop laughing literally. You made me doubt my love for Ronaldo! then I thought nah mate he's way to popular and I know him ;) On a personal level. 

Oh and he's better than Arnav he knows how to say SORRY!! 

Well I haven't watched it in ages, but reading posts and tweets I find out he's just trying to woo her and kiss her. Which he's failing in the kissing department as well. He can only manage a cheek kiss! He needs lessons. moving on. 

WHY CAN'T THE DUDE JUST SAY SORRY? AND TORTURE HIMSELF BY REMEMBERING ALL THE MOMENTS  WHERE HE HURT HER. 

But nooo!! All he does is say YOU'RE MY WIFE! LET'S KISS AND MAKE UP! 

DUDE That doesn't work in real life. Khushi needs to say no! You sent me to a building which was on the verge to collapse and you didn't even say sorry! 

You married me forcibly Thinking I was having a secret affair with your BROTHER IN LAW. Did you say sorry then? Not really made up for it? Did he?

All we get is comedy from Khushi. She needs to tell Arnav she's going to leave so he can realise how much he needs her!

WHAT'S ALL THIS PACIFYING BUSINESS? SHE'S GOING TO DO A COMEDY TRACK TO HIM SMILE?

WHEN WILL HE EVER APOLOGISE FOR HIS ACTIONS. 

PEACE OUT. 

I ONLY FANCY ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA FROM INTOXICATED.

LIYAAA AND ADAM GEMILI <3 

Edited by Aveiro - 08 August 2012 at 8:26am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

arisaiTheSmurfs

vkp1989 IF-Rockerz
vkp1989
vkp1989

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:59am | IP Logged
I loved his style of redemption.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

srija.singh04JUHI.HI

-Chinnu- IF-Dazzler

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71moonlight99Arshi143Emerald-arisaikarismanonasiJammy-PersieVboyznakakbtr

catalyst IF-Dazzler
catalyst
catalyst

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
beautiful post...

agree with whatever points you mentioned...practically since the very time he returned back to RM and after that much heated conversation b/w the duo he never felt the urge to go back to her and atleast apologize for all the misdeeds he did...still he had the audacity to go back to her remind her of the contract , get her back into his life by hook or crook...not for a single second the thought crossed his mind what khusi really wants and give her some much needed space...

i wonder if this was just a method of winning over his lady love khusi and not accepting the very fact that he had been defeated that wud eventually churn up his big fat ego, i guess this realization that he illtreated khusi has never dawned on him...if this is what ppl call redemption i really m speechless!

throwing thousands of grave allegations on a young girl of 23 and then one day  realising his unconditional love for her and all of a sudden back to his mission to please her with all the luxuries he has at hand...only becoz ASR can never take a NO...indeed shocks me!

i wonder if this all is a mere game for him...winning her over and then again upsetting her,again back to wooing her...it leaves me with nothing but with a thought that how is this girl holding onto her sanity?

no bashing session...but time and again the Raizadas are acting dimpit mean and i m hating it - the servant thing has got on my nerves though i did love the way arnav stood for khusi but thrz more to go to make her feel wanted and loved!

the road to redemption is gonna be long and tiring and he needs to be calm and relaxed and be by the side of his ladylove khusi!

a simple sorry wud do no harm!

Edited by icegurl789 - 08 August 2012 at 9:35am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71Archu61arisaieyesonmenonasiJaponicaCogito_Ergo_SumBlueMystiquekbtrsummaiyasayed

Rabba-Ve-Delena IF-Sizzlerz
Rabba-Ve-Delena
Rabba-Ve-Delena

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
Updated. ^

Edited by Rabba-Ve-Delena - 07 August 2012 at 12:09pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

BlueMystique

Go to top