Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

   
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Strange Retribution... (Page 46)

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Joined: 26 November 2011
Posts: 13826

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 6:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AyeReKhushi

Originally posted by Ipepe

I think people don't want a redemption track because they can't see their favourite character being all humble and saying sorry.
He is the mighty ASR after all.
But real 'baddapan' comes when people don't care about their egos and say sorry when they really really should/need to do so.
 
Anyway I do think gul khan genuinely wanted to show a good redemption track but then DB happened...just wondering whether this anjali focussing is for a single track or has she become the lead for the rest of the show.
I want a happy anjali back...sad anjali is a real pain in the ass.Everyday different nautankisDead

I thought the same because Gul Khan and one of the writers said that when Arnav found out the truth, we would get to see redemption. Why would they say that in a print interview and not live up to their word later if it was something they never planned on showing? Mishit and Zee both said Khushi would get shot, Arnav would repent and hurt himself. I forgot because it was a while back but it was along these lines. 

Then out of the blue came all the contract negotiation, quitting drama. And then, it seemed like they ditched the whole getting shot/redemption plot to focus on Didi Ki Saut. After the audience flat-out rejected DKS (and DB as a lead), it was a massive failure...the writers ditched the track in less than 2 weeks. So its not like she has that much power. 

However, what is baffling is the direction the show took after that. Khushi leaving the house due to the contract marriage, Arnav acting like a jerk and forcing her to come back home, now all of a sudden the contract marriage is forgotten and they are acting like a happy couple. They had plenty of opportunities to give us a well-thought out redemption track even after the DB drama but they didn't. So I'm with Swathi, there has to be something more to it.

I love Sanaya but she annoys me sometimes...she is too laid-back and unaware of her surroundings. This is why they can get away with making a mockery of her character, give her the most atrocious outfits, saying she was never meant to be a lead even though she carried the show single-handedly for 2 months when the male lead was gone. She looks even better now for keeping the show in the top 10 chart by herself, seeing as its lower now, even with Barun back. How can this girl not take offense to what that pathetic GH said about this being Arnav and Anjali's story?

As it is, an actress is already at a disadvantage in this industry where the all-female audience is naturally preferential to actors...even leading actresses like Kareena Kapoor have to take a back seat and be nothing but the hero's love interest in movies like Bodyguard and Ra One. So you need to look out for yourself the way DB did. I didn't like her method of making it public (leaking stories to websites that she is going to quit, causing fans to panic and bombard the PH telling them to keep her, using that power to land herself a big fat contract and get them to change the whole essence of the show). But whatever she did, it worked.

Sanaya needs to be selfish like that...if not selfish, at least more ambitious...she has so much more talent and beauty (inside and out)...please don't let it go to waste.
that is what i dont get priyanka when a very popular actress hell even more popular than BS got replaced in the dhokla serial without a qualm why did the PH give into DB? something is not kosher and the mathematics is just not adding up
she carried the show while maintaining the trp and story so that would give her a great bargaining chip I have no clue as to how she is actually but seeing snippets of her she seems very open and warm hearted and gullible so am wondering if that is the wrong quality to have in this industry and yes i grew to admire her as a human being when that interview aired and she cheerfully replied to queries on BS so maybe she is a bit eay going
i wonder if she knows the nuclear reaction she might set off if she decides to do a bhanotLOL


Edited by FairyLiquidSoap - 12 August 2012 at 6:24am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazingAmyblue.kindleOmNaMaSteOm

JaiJaiIraniMata IF-Rockerz
JaiJaiIraniMata
JaiJaiIraniMata

Joined: 12 May 2009
Posts: 8576

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 6:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AyeReKhushi



I thought the same because Gul Khan and one of the writers said that when Arnav found out the truth, we would get to see redemption. Why would they say that in a print interview and not live up to their word later if it was something they never planned on showing? Mishit and Zee both said Khushi would get shot, Arnav would repent and hurt himself. I forgot because it was a while back but it was along these lines. 

Then out of the blue came all the contract negotiation, quitting drama. And then, it seemed like they ditched the whole getting shot/redemption plot to focus on Didi Ki Saut. After the audience flat-out rejected DKS (and DB as a lead), it was a massive failure...the writers ditched the track in less than 2 weeks. So its not like she has that much power. 

However, what is baffling is the direction the show took after that. Khushi leaving the house due to the contract marriage, Arnav acting like a jerk and forcing her to come back home, now all of a sudden the contract marriage is forgotten and they are acting like a happy couple. They had plenty of opportunities to give us a well-thought out redemption track even after the DB drama but they didn't. So I'm with Swathi, there has to be something more to it.

I love Sanaya but she annoys me sometimes...she is too laid-back and unaware of her surroundings. This is why they can get away with making a mockery of her character, give her the most atrocious outfits, saying she was never meant to be a lead even though she carried the show single-handedly for 2 months when the male lead was gone. She looks even better now for keeping the show in the top 10 chart by herself, seeing as its lower now, even with Barun back. How can this girl not take offense to what that pathetic GH said about this being Arnav and Anjali's story?

As it is, an actress is already at a disadvantage in this industry where the all-female audience is naturally preferential to actors...even leading actresses like Kareena Kapoor have to take a back seat and be nothing but the hero's love interest in movies like Bodyguard and Ra One. So you need to look out for yourself the way DB did. I didn't like her method of making it public (leaking stories to websites that she is going to quit, causing fans to panic and bombard the PH telling them to keep her, using that power to land herself a big fat contract and get them to change the whole essence of the show). But whatever she did, it worked.

Sanaya needs to be selfish like that...if not selfish, at least more ambitious...she has so much more talent and beauty (inside and out)...please don't let it go to waste.

@ bold - now I think there really is more to it.Its like they are giving anjali importance not because of the contract but because they really want to...which to me is extremely shocking and weird because these people have always been more into love stories.
What GH said about this show...that it was ALWAYS an arnav anjali story is obviously a lie,I am pretty sure even he knows it.
They sidelined anjali(not that I am complaining,not at all) and that is the reason DB negotiated,you don't sideline the character who was 'always' supposed to be the lead.Except the 2 DKS tracks this show has never been from anjali's pov.Arnav's pov?Yes of course!But never anjali's.

GH complained how we never give credit to people who work behind the cameras,he is right.It must be very disheartening to know that fans don't appreciate your hard work.
But didn't GH do the same to SI?Disregarding her hard work so easily because DB/anjali is suddenly everyone's darling.While SI in many of her interviews has appreciated the work done by Gul,the rest of the writers and even the technicians and the spot boys.
Even I get slightly annoyed but I guess that's how SI works,everyone's way is different.Also not taking your character too seriously and being able to mock it is better than defending your character out of the show.But yes of course I will be extremely happy if she does ask for a more substantial khushi.
SI does have more talent.I don't find DB lead material...its not about beauty because I think she is beautiful,its not about talent either because while I don't think she is the best actress ever I also think that its not as if she has never acted well...but still to me somehow she isn't lead material,I can't point out the exact reason.


The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazingAmyblue.kindleChaituvOmNaMaSteOmFairyLiquidSoap

AmazingAmy IF-Dazzler
AmazingAmy
AmazingAmy

Joined: 10 March 2012
Posts: 3501

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 7:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by FairyLiquidSoap

that is what i dont get priyanka when a very popular actress hell even more popular than BS got replaced in the dhokla serial without a qualm why did the PH give into DB? something is not kosher and the mathematics is just not adding up
she carried the show while maintaining the trp and story so that would give her a great bargaining chip I have no clue as to how she is actually but seeing snippets of her she seems very open and warm hearted and gullible so am wondering if that is the wrong quality to have in this industry and yes i grew to admire her as a human being when that interview aired and she cheerfully replied to queries on BS so maybe she is a bit eay going
i wonder if she knows the nuclear reaction she might set off if she decides to do a bhanotLOL

Swathi you're right, it might be the wrong quality to have in this industry...but those same qualities you mentioned are why we find her endearing. I think unless you get lucky, you need to be more cunning and selfish in this industry or people will take advantage of you, especially if you are an actress. Sanaya may be talkative and appear to be on top of things but in reality, she is too easy-going and not manipulative at all...she doesn't appear to be the type to kiss anyone's behind to get more importance...she'll just be content with whatever material they give her.
Haha she would have us on her side Wink

Originally posted by Ipepe


SI does have more talent.I don't find DB lead material...its not about beauty because I think she is beautiful,its not about talent either because while I don't think she is the best actress ever I also think that its not as if she has never acted well...but still to me somehow she isn't lead material,I can't point out the exact reason.

I agree, DB is pretty and a good actress. I just meant Sanaya is superior to her, in both departments! I have said before that you need a certain screen presence and charm to carry a show on your shoulders. SI has that, DB doesn't. Its not that easy to be a lead. During the week when they focused on Anjali and the didi ki saut track...I had never seen such negative reaction before. It got so bad that GH, Daljeet, Akshay and other PH members posting on this forum started getting into arguments with fans trying to justify Anjali. This was the reaction the first time she got so much screen-time...it was a big thumbs down from the online and the trp audience. And she even had Barun to support her. Whereas Sanaya carried the show beautifully, without Barun and without any story, for almost 2 months when she was in every frame. 

If they planned on making DB a lead from the beginning, this show wouldn't last more than 3-4 months. As Swathi said, they have piggybacked on SI as the lead for a year and now that the show is successful and has a loyal following, they want to give more importance to DB...I don't know what their problem is...all this talk about fans being ungrateful, the PH needs to look in the mirror first.


Edited by AyeReKhushi - 12 August 2012 at 7:08am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

JaiJaiIraniMataEtherealSanz..FairyLiquidSoapOmNaMaSteOm

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Strange Love

2 3 4 5

Author: Vistaa   Replies: 33   Views: 3513

Vistaa 33 3513 22 November 2011 at 8:20pm by mjht__luver22
strange bedfellows

2 3 4 5 6 7

Author: current   Replies: 48   Views: 4239

current 48 4239 30 September 2011 at 7:34am by momma1128
Love story with a strange twist:FF updated 4/9

2 3 4 5

Author: jasminerahul   Replies: 33   Views: 11644

jasminerahul 33 11644 05 September 2011 at 4:15am by Miya_Malik
Anjali getting hurt after Kushi... Retribution?

2

Author: Starktastic   Replies: 13   Views: 1586

Starktastic 13 1586 15 July 2011 at 11:03am by -RD-

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index