India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Strange Retribution... (Page 45)

JaiJaiIraniMata IF-Rockerz
JaiJaiIraniMata
JaiJaiIraniMata

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 5:55am | IP Logged
Creative differences?Could be,not much idea but yeah they do change tracks easily and frequently without giving the previous track a proper closure.
They have always thought about arnav's character,BS does not need to negotiate,now they are focussing on anjali too because DB did negotiate...khushi is left so there will be inconsistencies as long as Sanaya does not rebel.Because without that they will never think properly about khushi's character,its like 'oh yeah we have this one character and she can do everything so lets make her do different things in just one episode while we properly concentrate on anjali's feelings'
The trps will rise this time,I really think so.And now they will have a solid reason to not show redemption track.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazingAmyOmNaMaSteOmFairyLiquidSoap

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 6:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ipepe

Creative differences?Could be,not much idea but yeah they do change tracks easily and frequently without giving the previous track a proper closure.
They have always thought about arnav's character,BS does not need to negotiate,now they are focussing on anjali too because DB did negotiate...khushi is left so there will be inconsistencies as long as Sanaya does not rebel.Because without that they will never think properly about khushi's character,its like 'oh yeah we have this one character and she can do everything so lets make her do different things in just one episode while we properly concentrate on anjali's feelings'
The trps will rise this time,I really think so.And now they will have a solid reason to not show redemption track.
honestly i dont care that much for a redemption track as long as they redeem the character of KKG that is where the mass TRP lies the slow loss of her character translated into slow loss of the mass viewers
and if they are serious about the past then her past also has to be given importance which they never have done
the last time i ever see an indian soap and no way another by 4 lionsAngry

AmazingAmyblue.kindleOmNaMaSteOm

AmazingAmy IF-Dazzler
AmazingAmy
AmazingAmy

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 6:08am | IP Logged

I think people don't want a redemption track because they can't see their favourite character being all humble and saying sorry.
He is the mighty ASR after all.
But real 'baddapan' comes when people don't care about their egos and say sorry when they really really should/need to do so.

Anyway I do think gul khan genuinely wanted to show a good redemption track but then DB happened...just wondering whether this anjali focussing is for a single track or has she become the lead for the rest of the show.
I want a happy anjali back...sad anjali is a real pain in the ass.Everyday different nautankisDead

I thought the same because Gul Khan and one of the writers said that when Arnav found out the truth, we would get to see redemption. Why would they say that in a print interview and not live up to their word later if it was something they never planned on showing? Mishit and Zee both said Khushi would get shot, Arnav would repent and hurt himself. I forgot because it was a while back but it was along these lines. 

Then out of the blue came all the contract negotiation, quitting drama. And then, it seemed like they ditched the whole getting shot/redemption plot to focus on Didi Ki Saut. After the audience flat-out rejected DKS (and DB as a lead), it was a massive failure...the writers ditched the track in less than 2 weeks. So its not like she has that much power. 

However, what is baffling is the direction the show took after that. Khushi leaving the house due to the contract marriage, Arnav acting like a jerk and forcing her to come back home, now all of a sudden the contract marriage is forgotten and they are acting like a happy couple. They had plenty of opportunities to give us a well-thought out redemption track even after the DB drama but they didn't. So I'm with Swathi, there has to be something more to it.

I love Sanaya but she annoys me sometimes...she is too laid-back and unaware of her surroundings. This is why they can get away with making a mockery of her character, give her the most atrocious outfits, saying she was never meant to be a lead even though she carried the show single-handedly for 2 months when the male lead was gone. She looks even better now for keeping the show in the top 10 chart by herself, seeing as its lower now, even with Barun back. How can this girl not take offense to what that pathetic GH said about this being Arnav and Anjali's story?

As it is, an actress is already at a disadvantage in this industry where the all-female audience is naturally preferential to actors...even leading actresses like Kareena Kapoor have to take a back seat and be nothing but the hero's love interest in movies like Bodyguard and Ra One. So you need to look out for yourself the way DB did. I didn't like her method of making it public (leaking stories to websites that she is going to quit, causing fans to panic and bombard the PH telling them to keep her, using that power to land herself a big fat contract and get them to change the whole essence of the show). But whatever she did, it worked.

Sanaya needs to be selfish like that...if not selfish, at least more ambitious...she has so much more talent and beauty (inside and out)...please don't let it go to waste.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

JaiJaiIraniMatablue.kindleFairyLiquidSoapOmNaMaSteOm

JaiJaiIraniMata IF-Rockerz
JaiJaiIraniMata
JaiJaiIraniMata

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 6:12am | IP Logged
@fairyliquidsoap - Exactly!
If khushi redeems herself,starts thinking about her self respect and leaves arnav so that his sister can face cup him,then I care less about  redemption.
How horrible it must be for a wife to know that even after she put her life in danger to save her husbands life,she still isn't the most important for him!
How horrible it is when a husband says 'meeting you was my life's biggest mistake' to his wife and the wife continues to stay with him even without a sorry from him.
So more than arnav its khushi who needs to change,leave him forever and we can have two tracks - khushi becoming independent to please me and other people who want a self respecting khushi back and the bro sis loving each other for the rest of their lives to please DB.
I dream too much!

Edited by Ipepe - 12 August 2012 at 6:13am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mayuri099blue.kindleOmNaMaSteOmFairyLiquidSoap

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 6:19am | IP Logged

If khushi redeems herself,starts thinking about her self respect and leaves arnav so that his sister can face cup him,then I care less about  redemption.
How horrible it must be for a wife to know that even after she put her life in danger to save her husbands life,she still isn't the most important for him!
How horrible it is when a husband says 'meeting you was my life's biggest mistake' to his wife and the wife continues to stay with him even without a sorry from him.
So more than arnav its khushi who needs to change,leave him forever and we can have two tracks - khushi becoming independent to please me and other people who want a self respecting khushi back and the bro sis loving each other for the rest of their lives to please DB.
I dream too much!
Clap
now your idea would be the nayi soch and actually a huge segment rooting and cheering her as she leaves to find her own place in life and carve her own piece of heaven
and the emotionally incestous siblings can live happily ever after no complaints at all and all those who drool only over ASR will be happy since the object of their anger and envy will no longer be thereLOL yes we dream too much

JaiJaiIraniMatablue.kindleOmNaMaSteOm

mayuri099 Goldie
mayuri099
mayuri099

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 6:19am | IP Logged

Originally posted by FairyLiquidSoap

I think people don't want a redemption track because they can't see their favourite character being all humble and saying sorry.
He is the mighty ASR after all.
But real 'baddapan' comes when people don't care about their egos and say sorry when they really really should/need to do so.

Anyway I do think gul khan genuinely wanted to show a good redemption track but then DB happened...just wondering whether this anjali focussing is for a single track or has she become the lead for the rest of the show.
I want a happy anjali back...sad anjali is a real pain in the ass.Everyday different nautankisDead
so then is DB way more powerful and popular than SI and BS for her to actually change the story? i dont think so
there is some other reason and frankly i think it also stems from the creator of the male character's extreme reluctance to show him human somehow the obsession over the obsession has pushed all logic and reason out the window and you have this absolutely inane storyline going on
sometimes i do wish SI would rebel but then she is too much of a professional and too well brought up to resort to it

But BS and SI aren't exercising those rights/power...BS anyway wont have a problem.Didi ki saut or IPKKND,he remains the lead.SI is too easygoing and different than other actors in the sense that she cares more about playing what the writer originally had in mind than playing a character with substance...and may be this trait of hers is not always good.Also wasn't khushi a character with substance 'originally'?
There are just too many and too obvious signs which tell us that they did plan a strong redemption track... for example the peetal ka bartan story told by nani to khushi. Various sources and gul khan herself talked about how extreme hate and torture will lead to extreme love.
May be the redemption track the writers imagined was different than what all of us do but I am pretty sure they didn't plan to continuously mock khushi and her feelings.
Also I don't think negotiating is unprofessional...she being an actress will obviously want something good to do.What I find unprofessional is - not sporting a bump,justifying your character out of the show while criticizing other characters AND there is also this rumour that she wanted the bro sis bond to be the strongest in the show,now this could be just a rumour but if it isn't then its clear how insecure the actress is.
I personally feel their bond is the weakest...solely because of anjali.She constantly needs assurances,arnav can not share his problems with her! What a 'dhabba' on sisters who are supposed to be like mothers to their younger brothers.

This explains Arnav's constant chanting "di is the most important person in my life"! This explains a lot!

Edited by mayuri099 - 12 August 2012 at 6:19am

blue.kindleOmNaMaSteOmFairyLiquidSoap

mayuri099 Goldie
mayuri099
mayuri099

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 6:23am | IP Logged

I dream too much!

Loved what you wrote!! Awesome!

JaiJaiIraniMataFairyLiquidSoapOmNaMaSteOm

blue.kindle IF-Rockerz
blue.kindle
blue.kindle

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 6:24am | IP Logged
Arnavji chants his "Di's"' name and Dadi chants "damadji's" name all day all night. .

Edited by bong.girl - 12 August 2012 at 6:25am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazingAmyChaituvJaiJaiIraniMataFairyLiquidSoapOmNaMaSteOm

Go to top