Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Strange Retribution... (Page 41)

Luv_isnt_classy IF-Dazzler

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:56am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Manal.A-OmNaMaSteOm

Johny.S.Raj IF-Sizzlerz
Johny.S.Raj
Johny.S.Raj

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 8:12am | IP Logged
This thread has reached 41 pages LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

OmNaMaSteOm

mayuri099 Goldie
mayuri099
mayuri099

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 8:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by EtherealSanz..

You wrote what I was feeling Rima. This is a retribution without the regret. How wierd is that Stern Smile

Now that they have brought Dadi in, I don't see how that regret will happen. Waiting and hoping is all we have been doing and looks like we are going to keep doing it
And I don't understand why people think regretting over his actions will change ASR's character because, like you said, there's no disgrace in being humble.

Spot on- "this is a retribution without the regret". That's what the main problem is. That's what is missing!

Edited by mayuri099 - 08 August 2012 at 8:44am

EtherealSanz..

Johny.S.Raj IF-Sizzlerz
Johny.S.Raj
Johny.S.Raj

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 8:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Deb_Barun_Arnav

You made a good post for ASR for your safe side; if people say anything against this post - you will say, "I made a good post," just to show that you praised ASR. Why do you always bring in redemption? Honestly, why are you after a typical boring redemption? Can't you see this redemption is in ASR style? I am 100% sure that if the CVs actually show the kind of redemption you want - you will still won't be satisfied. After so many weeks - the story of IPKKND has moved, romance has blossomed, Dadi & Past have entered; but you are still stuck with the track of redemption.

So to make u happy shall i make ASR is so so hotLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

OmNaMaSteOmrima

Johny.S.Raj IF-Sizzlerz
Johny.S.Raj
Johny.S.Raj

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 8:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by barunroxx7

Khushi's silly comedy = 2.0 trps. And IPK out of top 10 .Even worseLOL
Good ArHi scene equals maximum trps  Big smile

Please see it in case u missed it LOL

There was not even a time IPK reached 2.0

Credit  EtherealSanz.. 

For your kind information, the TRPs during the silly comedy track were 3.3 and 3.0, fell to 2.8 and climbed back up to 3.1. That track was in mid April. From what I remember, the lowest IPKKND has gone is 2.3 during 16th May - 22nd May, but that was after the "silly comedy" was over.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazingAmyEtherealSanz..OmNaMaSteOmrima

Cogito_Ergo_Sum IF-Rockerz
Cogito_Ergo_Sum
Cogito_Ergo_Sum

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:05am | IP Logged
Hey Rima,

An apt, and I must say courageous summing up of the current track. Why do I say courageous? Because I'm sure there would several people sharpening their knives, ready to declare you as a 'basher'. Smile

Guys, I am frankly at a loss why some people feel, that for Arnav to express his heartfelt remorse is 'not in character'. Is it so convenient to forget the dozens of times he apologizes to Anjali- many times, for reasons he actually does not have to feel sorry for at all?

For example, he said sorry to Anjali for having to be the one who kicked Shyam out of the house, and for breaking her illusion of having the 'perfect husband'. Hello? As a responsible brother, that was something he should have done ages ago, instead of letting that pathological, homicidal creep carry on his gold digging, lying ways Smile

But he can't bring himself to express one proper apology to Khushi and ask for her forgiveness? Why? Is it because he 'feels' Anjali's pain more than he does Khushi's? Why then claim that both these women are the most important people in his life, if he is clearly discriminating between them?

Mischievous flirtation with Khushi is fine. Romantic eye locks and hugs are magical. Giving Khushi gifts that mean a lot to her is Great. Standing up for her (long overdue!!!) is wonderful, too. 

But along with all this, he has to express his remorse for the all the horrendous treatment he meted out to her. That's something he owes to her as a husband/ lover/ friend/ confidante. If he doesn't do this, it means he is not really a success in any of the above roles-- simple as that!!
So its not really an either/or situation between gestures and words- more that BOTH are required.

In debating this topic, I think we need to forget for a moment that we are talking about the magnetic ASR!! Suppose there was someone in our life, who'd hurt us immensely- emotionally, mentally, and yes, physically too, at times. Would all that hurt be just wiped off at a stroke by sweet gestures, if the person never asked for forgiveness? I know what my honest answer would be, to that one...

P.S- Rima, just my opinion, but probably the word 'redemption' is better than 'retribution' for the subject of this Thread.

Edited by RamnVij - 08 August 2012 at 10:04am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyAmazingAmyFairyLiquidSoapOmNaMaSteOmrima

-Manal.A- IF-Dazzler
-Manal.A-
-Manal.A-

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
41 pages?
That's great!

Wow Rima...your post was contagious !

Manal <3

Luv_isnt_classy

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 11 August 2012 at 10:47am | IP Logged

Hey RimaSmile How are you and hope you had enjoyed your sojourn in India

Lovely post Clapand you echoed quite a few of my thoughts

The word redemption is as an anathema here as RTI is outside to politiciansLOL

No one is asking for a day's week's months long of a love struck Romeo chasing his Juliet but one scene between the two of them with him just apologizing for misjudging her for usurping her right to make a decision for manipulating maneuvering managing and smothering her into a tiny corner with no room for movement or way out, for never treating her as his equal but more his subordinate for always treating her with contemptuous disdain for trampling on her feelings and always being condescending

I just want him to say I respect and value you as a human being my equal if not more and no I don't believe in all these symbolic interpretations of their placing in the staircase the bed the pot the loo the kite the carpet the photos the whatnot as indicative of that Nothing and I mean nothing is more powerful in this world than true words of contrition felt and uttered from the heart the soul and the mind and nothing is sweeter in life and healing to the soul than hearing those words even though you may have forgiven the other person already It validates your existence and presence as meaningful and cherished by the other

Every human being deserves respect value and a feeling of being esteemed and nothing can beat that emotion in the world when some one you love deeply and has hurt you so bad that it cuts deep comes up and accepts onus for that pain with just a simple heartfelt sincere apology a genuine amendment which would also be extremely cathartic for their soul recovery and spirit also

They always say this serial is different and therefore his redemption will be different or not required No one is asking for poetic justice or just desserts that is for the villain of the piece Nor do I wish to see him with a tonsured head and a sack cloth with begging bowl Please that kind of silliness is best reserved for Bollywood

At the risk of sounding controversial I am going to declare ASR can never ever be a Devdas. Devdas was an iconic literary character superbly interpreted by Dilip Kumar and anything or anybody else would be a pale imitation Let us just call it a guilt ridden love struck fool which dear lord thankfully I really am past that age of wanting to happen am far more mature and realistic prefer heartfelt word and deed to some love sick idiot mooning outside a window acting out like a demented monkey

Many think him saying sorry will make him a wimp in which case I would suggest all parents never explain or expect and all children to never learn or offer the true meaning of sorry. Hell let nobody ever say that word ever and let it be abolished it is bad for humanity

Funnily the ASR of last year always redeemed himself and that is what drew me a level headed woman to his character I did not fantasize over him as being my first lover or think of him as the blue print for the perfect husband I loved his portrayal with its inherent flaws yet willing to accept a mistake and make amends otherwise there would have been no difference between him and all the other soap male actors and I would never have wasted my time on this serial

I will not go into detail the travesty of KKG;s current avatar as it would take up pages of this post but suffice to say they tinkered and degraded her character to the point where many felt she was the one who had to some redeeming so yes a reason for the controversy today

I don't know why Lady Boss did not wish to show her as a victim but rather annoying brat I personally enjoyed the how to lose a guy in 10 days track but ironically in this forum which is able to read the tiniest of actions and change in the follicle of the male lead with reams of threads dedicated to his every gesture this tangible symbolic rebellion of hers eluded their attention and instead was harshly judged and therefore the current impasse

I think those who don't want redemption think so probably because they have never had any positive person in their life who had the grace and dignity to accept a mistake and make another human feel better so probably this idea seems anathema and alien to them

Otherwise I don't see the point behind such vehement opposition to it unless if saying sorry is demeaning especially if you are a man good looking and rich to boot

in which case Hitler Gaddafi Osama should never have been vilified by us or condemned by history

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

zenjoeRickyBahlDrwhoAmazingAmy-Aimz-CDloveasha...blue.kindleCogito_Ergo_SumspiritboyznakaOmNaMaSteOmrima

Go to top