Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Strange Retribution... - Page 34

rima thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: FairyLiquidSoap

rima i do know that have seen enough in real life and that is why i always feel this story is border line abuse couched with velveteen pearls satin and rose feeling to it have said it in a thousand posts
and what sort of love is he actually showing reminds me of a dog and territorial marking
he still has not sat down to talk about the marriage he enforced on her Every one went into delight when he admitted he was in the wrong I woudl have loved it if he held her hand or gave her a small hug to say i am sorry for the pain i cause you what a beautful difference it would have made in her and to us the viewers
 my context was someone like a KKG sort of person a small prayer on my part to hope that at least that will bring some solace i know wishful thinking rima but that is all i can hope for the moment for her
you were closest to her in her last days and i still feel you both were so lucky and blessed that way rare to forge friendship that goes beyond a certain boundary

i felt the same

admitting he was wrong wasn't enought, it had to be followed by an admission of guilt and remorse

anyway i agree it is cushioned abuse sigh. sad to see that

anu was special...i lost her too soon

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vaatuhaara thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Keep making such posts. I love it... My daily dose of Laughter...🤣

n this coment is only for the 'main post' as i havent read the others... And dont mix it up with what u r discussing now. Edited by cutebarun - 11 years ago
RickyBahl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Rima this is strange retribution because

I think God has separated a diffrent book for Arnav on  love rules regulations, - how to enact emotions, How to hurt in love, How to burst out at wife even after knowing truth and then continue your love, how to feel guilty diffrently and solve it by gifting jalebis.

So a disclaimer shud be there be bfore the show begins

All the characters in this show are completely fictitious to the extent that the language of love and emotions of arnav are not resemblance of any living being surviving on earth. So his mean nature of loving should be considered as iconic love( Compulsory for Phangirls) and the rest have to swallow this  potrayal of Arnav like poison same as how Lord shiva swallowed poison in his throat . Do it just for the sake of SARUN. And others unable to bear this unsensical. illogical , out of earth love tale, viewers discretion is advised.

OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Swati u have always amazed me with ur responses
till date which ever thread i open & i see u responding i think that is enough to stop unnecessary, illogical, insane & lame arguments

muah to all ur responses
🤗🤗🤗

FairyLiquidSoap thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: Harshitha

Swati u have always amazed me with ur responses

till date which ever thread i open & i see u responding i think that is enough to stop unnecessary, illogical, insane & lame arguments

muah to all ur responses
🤗🤗🤗

now i am really blushing harshi😳 and thank you for those lovely kind words
you are one of a kind girl🤗
AmazingAmy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: FairyLiquidSoap

Hey Rima😊 How are you and hope you had enjoyed your sojourn in India

Lovely post 👏and you echoed quite a few of my thoughts

The word redemption is as an anathema here as RTI is outside to politicians😆

No one is asking for a day's week's months long of a love struck Romeo chasing his Juliet but one scene between the two of them with him just apologizing for misjudging her for usurping her right to make a decision for manipulating maneuvering managing and smothering her into a tiny corner with no room for movement or way out, for never treating her as his equal but more his subordinate for always treating her with contemptuous disdain for trampling on her feelings and always being condescending

I just want him to say I respect and value you as a human being my equal if not more and no I don't believe in all these symbolic interpretations of their placing in the staircase the bed the pot the loo the kite the carpet the photos the whatnot as indicative of that Nothing and I mean nothing is more powerful in this world than true words of contrition felt and uttered from the heart the soul and the mind and nothing is sweeter in life and healing to the soul than hearing those words even though you may have forgiven the other person already It validates your existence and presence as meaningful and cherished by the other

Every human being deserves respect value and a feeling of being esteemed and nothing can beat that emotion in the world when some one you love deeply and has hurt you so bad that it cuts deep comes up and accepts onus for that pain with just a simple heartfelt sincere apology a genuine amendment which would also be extremely cathartic for their soul recovery and spirit also

They always say this serial is different and therefore his redemption will be different or not required No one is asking for poetic justice or just desserts that is for the villain of the piece Nor do I wish to see him with a tonsured head and a sack cloth with begging bowl Please that kind of silliness is best reserved for Bollywood

At the risk of sounding controversial I am going to declare ASR can never ever be a Devdas. Devdas was an iconic literary character superbly interpreted by Dilip Kumar and anything or anybody else would be a pale imitation Let us just call it a guilt ridden love struck fool which dear lord thankfully I really am past that age of wanting to happen am far more mature and realistic prefer heartfelt word and deed to some love sick idiot mooning outside a window acting out like a demented monkey

Many think him saying sorry will make him a wimp in which case I would suggest all parents never explain or expect and all children to never learn or offer the true meaning of sorry. Hell let nobody ever say that word ever and let it be abolished it is bad for humanity

Funnily the ASR of last year always redeemed himself and that is what drew me a level headed woman to his character I did not fantasize over him as being my first lover or think of him as the blue print for the perfect husband I loved his portrayal with its inherent flaws yet willing to accept a mistake and make amends otherwise there would have been no difference between him and all the other soap male actors and I would never have wasted my time on this serial

I will not go into detail the travesty of KKG;s current avatar as it would take up pages of this post but suffice to say they tinkered and degraded her character to the point where many felt she was the one who had to some redeeming so yes a reason for the controversy today

I don't know why Lady Boss did not wish to show her as a victim but rather annoying brat I personally enjoyed the how to lose a guy in 10 days track but ironically in this forum which is able to read the tiniest of actions and change in the follicle of the male lead with reams of threads dedicated to his every gesture this tangible symbolic rebellion of hers eluded their attention and instead was harshly judged and therefore the current impasse

I think those who don't want redemption think so probably because they have never had any positive person in their life who had the grace and dignity to accept a mistake and make another human feel better so probably this idea seems anathema and alien to them

Otherwise I don't see the point behind such vehement opposition to it unless if saying sorry is demeaning especially if you are a man good looking and rich to boot

in which case Hitler Gaddafi Osama should never have been vilified by us or condemned by history

Swathi my dear, another hit post from you, I don't think you can ever miss! 😆 For those who have any doubts about the redemption track, please read this post if you want the honest truth.

I don't expect anything for Khushi from the woman-hating Gul Khan and her team of writers. I have given up because I'm all ranted out on that subject...but I thoroughly agree with every point you made about the lack of respect for Khushi and the need for Arnav's redemption, brilliantly said.

@ red: Thank you! This is why I laugh when certain girls say they don't want to see ASR being a Devdas. FYI, I'm laughing at them, not with them. He couldn't be Devdas if he tried, lets get that straight. ASR might be a compelling character on the limited medium that is Indian television but he can't touch the ICONIC character of Devdas. They are not even in the same atmosphere. I wouldn't want the incompetent writers of this show messing with Devdas and trying to infuse him into ASR, in any way. Please don't ruin another character for me, as you have done with Khushi.

The thing is...if you are a normal fan of Barun Sobti the actor, as I am...you would want to see him essay this role of a crazy and depressed lover like Devdas. That would not be cheesy or ordinary in any way. His best quality is emoting through his beautiful and expressive eyes. He could have done wonders acting-wise, had they gone down this route with the redemption track. But it was not meant to be because the phangirls got in the way (Gul Khan being the biggest one).

So instead, they settled for a far less, inferior redemption track in "ASR style". Its been very mediocre thus far...as proven by the 2.5 TRPs...that says it all doesn't it. This could have been their ticket to take the show all the way to the top, as this is one track we have been waiting to see from day one, but they missed the opportunity. Now, they are hanging around in the bottom of the TRP chart...out of the Top 10 or about to be out of the Top 10 every week. So sad. They got lost in their hero worship.

@ blue: Great point and to add to it, these people prefer a mediocre redemption track such as the one we are seeing right now as long as ASR doesn't have to come off his high horse. They always want him to be on top, no matter how wrong he has been, no matter how nonsensical and ridiculous it seems to the story as a whole. These people don't want to see him apologize, show guilt, remorse or regret like Devdas...because they just " can't see him that way." True story, this is the reasoning I have seen many of them give. I just shake my head. They are delusional. Let them think the current track is keeping ASR "true to his character". Perhaps it is but only in the mind of the ASR phangirls. For the majority of us, the general audience...the truth is that they are just ruining his character and the storyline along with it by not giving him a chance to redeem himself properly...and the ratings prove that. They will never reach the top of the chart if they keep this up.
Edited by AyeReKhushi - 11 years ago
RickyBahl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I love this thread

and this para speaks a lot

I think those who don't want redemption think so probably because they have never had any positive person in their life who had the grace and dignity to accept a mistake and make another human feel better so probably this idea seems anathema and alien to them
FairyLiquidSoap thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: RickyBahl

I love this thread

and this para speaks a lot

just posted it on another thread and waiting for the response
lord what the hell is wrong with the girls here and no wonder injustice still persists women give it social sanction😡
I think people don't want a redemption track because they can't see their favourite character being all humble and saying sorry.
He is the mighty ASR after all.
But real 'baddapan' comes when people don't care about their egos and say sorry when they really really should/need to do so.

Anyway I do think gul khan genuinely wanted to show a good redemption track but then DB happened...just wondering whether this anjali focussing is for a single track or has she become the lead for the rest of the show.
I want a happy anjali back...sad anjali is a real pain in the ass.Everyday different nautankis🤢
blue.kindle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The dreaded R words in this forum - Redemption and Retribution.
I believe the question isn't about Redemption or Retribution of the mighty ASR.  It is about the doing the right thing.To err is human and to forgive divine. The mighty ASR was never infallible. He is a man who is perhaps more human than any of us are. He is egoistical, proud, vain, ruthless and often selfish. He has all the traits of a common human being. He is unapologetic, in your face man. I say he is more human than any of us because he never pretended to be anything otherwise. With him there are no pretensions. You get what you see, unlike most of us who often veil our real self and put on a show for others. We pretend to be what we are not. But with ASR you get what you see.

Now, I said all this mainly because I wanted to emphasize on his human nature. He is  prone to mistakes. He had made mistakes in the past. And being a human we would continue to do so. In the past, we have seen the mighty lion apologizing to Khushi more than once. It had been very difficult for him to string those words, but he did. He realized his mistake. He realized his mistake and acted upon it by apologizing and by trying to set things right. He was never shy of apologizing if he had been wrong. And he had his own brand of charm and his own unique ways of setting things right after an apology. In fact we had also witnessed him mending his ways after his alter ego, the voice of his conscience brought to his knowledge few truths. I still remember how KKG and ASR had a mighty fight over his decision to get married to La in a day's time. However when KKG made him realise the improbability of organizing such an event in a day's time, he relented and apologised to his family and decided to get engaged in a week's time. Then there was the other scene when La dressed up like KKG and ASR got mad at her without any rhyme or reason but  mainly he was mad at KKG. So my point is that he had always been "man" enough to apologize if needed.

However, at present, we see an ASR who is blind to his own faults.  He is acting out of his character. We as an audience want ASR to act according to his character. Be true to his character. We want to see the old ASR, the one who never shied away from accepting his mistakes and apologizing for them. It didn't make him any less of a man then. It wouldn't do so now. We love him because he is so "Grey". His negatives out weigh his positives. But  whatever positive traits he has, they are endearing. We love him more because he is so human. We love him because he has the courage to admit his faults in spite of being THE MIGHTY ASR.

He needn't do fancy things to show he is apologetic. A mere "I am Sorry" to KKG would suffice. Like when he did after he said few very  hurtful things to KKG on the terrace on the night of La's party. After the party he apologized to KKG thrice in the same day.  Twice for saying the hurttful things to her the night before and once for physically hurting her.

So the audience isn't really demanding redemption or retribution as such. for they are very heavy words. I don't think he is a sinner. So there is no need for such heavy weight terms. If he is a sinner. So are we. We hurt our loved ones. Act egoistical day in day out., refuse to accept our mistakes. If that makes anyone a sinner, we would all be burning in the fires of the Hell  He isn't a sinner. There is no need for any redemption or retribution.A simple sorry is what is desired.  And ASR being the man he is , he is very much capable of accepting his mistakes, apologizing and finally setting things right between  himself and his beloved wife.

No sure if I made sense. I apologize about the incoherence of the matter.
Edited by bong.girl - 11 years ago