Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Strange Retribution... (Page 23)

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AyeReKhushi

@memyselfandashi: You are absolutely right! I think the CVs are confused about the audience of this show. This show had 4.6 TRPs in February. Khushi wasn't getting humiliated like the typical SP wife nor was there any saas/sister-in-law drama. I don't know why they changed the whole direction of this show in March...it became very one-sided and ever since then, it has been going downhill and will continue to until they show a BALANCED show like they did in the first 6 months.

@Manal: Agreed! I also liked the fact that he was on her side...but it didn't change much...Khushi is still suffering more than him. I just want her to stand up for herself and be given some damn importance. 
Yes I miss the Khushi which had self respect

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mayuri099thechaigirlAmazingAmy-Manal.A-.A.l.i.a.OmNaMaSteOm

-Manal.A- IF-Dazzler
-Manal.A-
-Manal.A-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
CVs...I demand to get Lakshmi ji back! Geek

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

thechaigirlLuv_isnt_classyOmNaMaSteOm

AmazingAmy IF-Dazzler
AmazingAmy
AmazingAmy

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Deb_Barun_Arnav

You made a good post for ASR for your safe side; if people say anything against this post - you will say, "I made a good post," just to show that you praised ASR. Why do you always bring in redemption? Honestly, why are you after a typical boring redemption? Can't you see this redemption is in ASR style? I am 100% sure that if the CVs actually show the kind of redemption you want - you will still won't be satisfied. After so many weeks - the story of IPKKND has moved, romance has blossomed, Dadi & Past have entered; but you are still stuck with the track of redemption.

Redemption in ASR style = 2.5 TRPs. Just a reality check. Please don't single out Rima or anyone here for complaining...the problem is much bigger. The majority of the audience didn't enjoy redemption in ASR style. I also wanted him to do it in his own style but NOT the one they showed...certainly not when it came at the expense of the actual story and compromising other characters (i.e. Khushi). I'm just glad the audience rejected it loud and clear. From 3.4 to 3.0 to 2.5...had they shown a proper redemption track, it would have been the opposite...it would be rising instead of declining week by week. They missed a huge opportunity with this one. Okay I'm done for now, it was lovely reading all the posts in this thread!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Maverick29Decent6ChorithechaigirlAsh95-Manal.A--DKS-OmNaMaSteOmpolly_mk

ivyregina Groupbie
ivyregina
ivyregina

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rima

Originally posted by ItIsMyLife

Well in IPKKND
2 weeks of Khushi's pains=1 sweet gesture of Arnav.
One thing we all have to agree that the pains,insults Khushi were inflicted by Arnav,Raizada family,Gupta family can never be forgiven.No matter how much they try to make up,they can not make up for the things they did to Khushi.Damage has been done beyond repair.So I am not going there.
But I am very very happy that Arnav at last confessed that it was his fault and he also declared to the whole world that what Khushi means to him.And it is a big thing indeed for a man like ASR.
About the redemption track well I personally feel the time is over now.Something does not have everlasting impact.Redemption track after such a long time will not actually make any sense.So I don't blame the CVs for not showing it.

Anyways I am not bashing or complaining.I am re watching the scene were Arnav stands by Khushi.I loved it.

true the time is over

and now it is misplaced

and now people want new wounds for a redemption

or more problems

that is strange

this is exactly the reason why i'm so confused with the way the story is unfolding...
REDEMPTION ASR style: i don't buy the excuse...he can't say sorry cos he's ASR? well he did manage to apologise to khushi before - i think they were in an open area where she confessed the reason why she's afraid of the dark and why there are stars above her head...he said sorry to lavanya after insulting her for her choice of engagement dress...he says sorry to di for hurting her feelings...but this ain't applicable now? they shouldn't have started this track without arnav making it up to khushi cos the quote above is right...tomorrow is really too late. if they don't show redemption then how can khushi move on? he has to explicitly acknowledge he has done something wrong, complicated personality aside. proper redemption is required. that's why it feels strange...it is incomplete. i think that's also the reason why some people feel the magic between the two isn't the same anymore. cos the epis last year showed he is capable of remorse...of being vulnerable when the situation involves khushi. especially when he hurt her. something is really amiss!

STANDING UP for KHUSHI: don't get me wrong, i loved the epi today and i felt that he's going in the right direction. but it's something i expect him to do. he stood up for lavanya when he brought her to RM despite nani's objection. he gave lavanya his mantle of protection the whole time lavanya was at RM. this time it's the love of his life who's bearing all the insults and degradation from his dadi...of course he should stand up for her. i will not rejoice for something he's expected to do. it's such a bonus that he did it...in true ASR style Wink

DADI TRACK: i hope CVs would enlighten me as to why they needed to bring in dadi before redemption...before take 2 of ASR - Khushi wedding. unless, there isn't going to be any take 2 anytime soon because something in the past may push a wedge between them again. without redemption, they are not doing Khushi's character a favour. the khushi i saw in the 2011 epis was bubbly, loving, selfless but also feisty - remember the confrontation after the bungalow collapsed? did that disappear cos she fell in love?  

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

mayuri099thechaigirl-Manal.A--DKS-GodhuliLogonOmNaMaSteOm.Sad.But.True.

thechaigirl IF-Dazzler
thechaigirl
thechaigirl

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:28pm | IP Logged

You made a good post for ASR for your safe side; if people say anything against this post - you will say, "I made a good post," just to show that you praised ASR. Why do you always bring in redemption? Honestly, why are you after a typical boring redemption? Can't you see this redemption is in ASR style? I am 100% sure that if the CVs actually show the kind of redemption you want - you will still won't be satisfied. After so many weeks - the story of IPKKND has moved, romance has blossomed, Dadi & Past have entered; but you are still stuck with the track of redemption.

First of all let me tell u I have been reading Rima's posts for a long time and can tell u that both the post she made she meant every word in it. These r two different aspects of the same story, both r right in there place.

Now coming to your concern about redemption. So let me clarify by redemption me or anyone who is asking for redemption do not mean or want to see a ASR who is crying, begging at Khushi's feet. What we r talking about is a recognition of all his actions which gave her pain. Recognition of the extent his actions caused her suffering. The time he realized he hurt her over her parents and apologized to her that did not make him a devdas rather he seemed more a MAN who is willing to and has the guts to account for his behavior. That is what we are seeking. We see him giving her gifts, wooing her but what we do not see is a recognition that her dreams were crushed.

See no one here is anti arnav...rather everyone loved that "sorry wala scene". For me he was a man I admired then as he had the ability to accept his mistakes openly and make amends for them.

Edited by memyselfandrshi - 07 August 2012 at 2:31pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Manal.A--DKS-GodhuliLogonOmNaMaSteOm

merrydock Goldie
merrydock
merrydock

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
the meaning of Retribution- a punishment demanded for a wrong done. repayment of a debt unpaid.

meaning of Redemption -  The act of redeeming or the condition of having been redeemed.
2. Recovery of something pawned or mortgaged..
4. Deliverance upon payment of ransom; rescue.
5. Christianity Salvation from sin through Jesus's sacrifice.

so according to wanting Retribution. then Khushi has to be the one to demand the price from Arnav. but how can she after knowing why he did everything to hurt her.  he did it out of love for his sister. is Khushi the type of Person who would demand punishment for the man she loves deeply with all her heart. she has reasized the as Arnav was hurting her he was hurting himself as well.  then how can  she demand that arnav be punished for hurting her. its not in her nature to cause pain to others. and espically those whom she loves dearly.

the Redemption occured when Khushi put her own life in danger to save his. and he quitely took the mother  of all beatings when the goon held a gun to her head to save her.   redemption took place when he got himself rekidnapped so that khushi could remain safe.

he is sorry for hurting her. he has given her, her rightful position as his wife. for him and to his family and the world outside. when he stood by during Shayam accusations on Khushi character. she knows he is sorry for hurting her.

i know a lot of people want to hear the words for ASR mouth.  Arnav is a complex man, his wounds run deep, he does not want to talk about what happened in the past 14 years back. because the pain still cuts him to the core.  he has found solace in Khushi but is unable to share his pain with her or even the rest of the family.

Arnav has his own way's to make things right with Khushi. and she is what matters to him.  if his dadi want to oppose his marriage to khushi. so be it as far as ASR is concern she can keep opposing till the pigs come crying home.

-Manal.A- IF-Dazzler
-Manal.A-
-Manal.A-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by memyselfandrshi

First of all let me tell u I have been reading Rima's posts for a long time and can tell u that both the post she made she meant every word in it. These r two different aspects of the same story, both r right in there place.

Now coming to your concern about redemption. So let me clarify by redemption me or anyone who is asking for redemption do not mean or want to see a ASR who is crying, begging at Khushi's feet. What we r talking about is a recognition of all his actions which gave her pain. Recognition of the extent his actions caused her suffering. The time he realized he hurt her over her and apologized to her that did not make him a devdas rather he seemed more a MAN who is willing to and has the guts to account for his behavior. That is what we are seeking. We see him giving her gifts, wooing her but what we do not see is a recognition that her dreams were crushed.

See no one here is anti arnav...rather everyone loved that "sorry wala scene". For me he was a man I admired then as he had the ability to accept his mistakes openly and make amends for them.

Way to go girl!
Agree with what you said!

Manal <3

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

thechaigirlOmNaMaSteOm

thechaigirl IF-Dazzler
thechaigirl
thechaigirl

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Manal.A-

CVs...I demand to get Lakshmi ji back! Geek

I second u...may b then TRP's will b back