Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Strange Retribution... (Page 22)

thechaigirl IF-Dazzler
thechaigirl
thechaigirl

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AyeReKhushi

Lovely post Rima...I can always count on you and Harshitha! Hug 
I also felt something was missing and couldn't put my finger around it, but you nailed it in this post. 

Khushi gets humiliated by Dadi, Arnav says a few words to defend her and comes out looking like the hero. Khushi's humiliation, pain and feelings get forgotten immediately (by the CVs, not by us).

Where have I seen that before?

Khushi gets humiliated by Shyam. Arnav slaps him in defense of her and comes out looking like the hero. Khushi's humiliation, pain and feelings get forgotten immediately (by the CVs, not by us).

Sorry to disappoint the CVs but some of us can't just forget all the hurtful words said to Khushi by various people just because Arnav does something "heroic" afterwards. I'm glad Arnav is on her side but that doesn't make her pain any less. Why is her pain and feelings never given any importance?

This is the only redemption track where the guy redeeming himself is better off than the girl who was victimized. Its still Khushi who is suffering more, EVEN now. She is dealing with hate from Dadi whereas Arnav is having an easy road to redemption, since Khushi refuses to give him a hard time. They spent one episode where he won her back with some gifts. How easy.

It was the same during the wooing track. Khushi was getting blackmailed and treated like crap. But they wanted us to focus on the fact that Arnav was doing all this to win her back. Sigh. Fortunately, even though a lot of fangirls were enjoying that track, most of us WERE NOT and neither were the TRP audience. Its like this show can't do anything without Khushi getting humiliated. 

The CVs are introducing one interesting track after another...wooing, redemption, the past...the tracks we have been waiting to see for months. But why do you think the TRPs don't rise? All of these tracks seem to be backfiring. I believe nothing will work until they start giving more importance and respect to the character of Khushi. It is as simple as that. There's a reason why a strong lead female is a part of every high rated show.

The unbiased and general audience want to see a BALANCED show. However...as long as Star Plus doesn't threaten to cancel the show, Gul and her team won't change anything. They will settle with being MEDIOCRE and almost out of the top 10 but still, they won't give in to the audience's demands because they believe keeping ASR true to his character is more important than the actual story. If you focus so much on one character, the show is bound to lose its touch. And it has...big time. That's why the TRPs are so low now. In fact, ever since it started becoming very one-sided in March, its been going downhill. I don't even want to wish them luck...this is their own fault...lets see if they can dig out of this hole they have created for themselves. I hope the ratings continue to tank.

Well said friend. I think in a way ur post is an answer to the question I posted on this thread ...
Copying it so u dont have to go looking for it .

Does khushi having self respect and walking away for herself make her love less for Arnav??? I dont think so.  Y this potrayal of khushi? I do not get it.

I have been pondering on this and the more I think the more I feel is it bcos the PH has a certain perception abt the audience. Yes TRP's are not generated by us. Historically TRP's were due to middle to elder aged housewives watching shows following certain types of serials. Plz feel free to correct me for the use of word "middle aged house wives" I am not able to find a better word to describe it. Most shows were catering to that kind of audience. But the audience has changed. I am sure the audience of today understands that loving/ respecting urself does not mean u love ur spouse less.

If there are viewers who equates a woman taking abuse to her love for her husband I would be seriously worried...

Edited by memyselfandrshi - 07 August 2012 at 2:01pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dpotnis...manal...AmazingAmyOmNaMaSteOm

mayuri099 Goldie
mayuri099
mayuri099

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by farheen75

Everything u' ve said is on but rima the victim has to accept that grave mistakes have been committed against her but apparently she herself is oblivious to this fact...for example when he got her back by blackmaing the other day she was soon fine and accepted all his gifts whole heartedly...in front of the family she participated in the rakhi festivities I can understand but in the confines of her room she could have snubbed him.

Totally agree with you. Last wednesday ASR blackmailed her to come back to RM, thursday she was all happy and chirpy to back at RM, and on friday she gets a pearl necklace from ASR,everything forgotten. What exactly are the CVs doing to khushi's character? Do they even care?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

..sur.....manal...OmNaMaSteOm

Deb_05 IF-Rockerz
Deb_05
Deb_05

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
You made a good post for ASR for your safe side; if people say anything against this post - you will say, "I made a good post," just to show that you praised ASR. Why do you always bring in redemption? Honestly, why are you after a typical boring redemption? Can't you see this redemption is in ASR style? I am 100% sure that if the CVs actually show the kind of redemption you want - you will still won't be satisfied. After so many weeks - the story of IPKKND has moved, romance has blossomed, Dadi & Past have entered; but you are still stuck with the track of redemption.
...manal... IF-Dazzler
...manal...
...manal...

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:06pm | IP Logged

Lovely post Rima...I can always count on you and Harshitha! Hug 
I also felt something was missing and couldn't put my finger around it, but you nailed it in this post. 

Khushi gets humiliated by Dadi, Arnav says a few words to defend her and comes out looking like the hero. Khushi's humiliation, pain and feelings get forgotten immediately (by the CVs, not by us).

Where have I seen that before?

Khushi gets humiliated by Shyam. Arnav slaps him in defense of her and comes out looking like the hero. Khushi's humiliation, pain and feelings get forgotten immediately (by the CVs, not by us).

Sorry to disappoint the CVs but some of us can't just forget all the hurtful words said to Khushi by various people just because Arnav does something "heroic" afterwards. I'm glad Arnav is on her side but that doesn't make her pain any less. Why is her pain and feelings never given any importance?

This is the only redemption track where the guy redeeming himself is better off than the girl who was victimized. Its still Khushi who is suffering more, EVEN now. She is dealing with hate from Dadi whereas Arnav is having an easy road to redemption, since Khushi refuses to give him a hard time. They spent one episode where he won her back with some gifts. How easy.

It was the same during the wooing track. Khushi was getting blackmailed and treated like crap. But they wanted us to focus on the fact that Arnav was doing all this to win her back. Sigh. Fortunately, even though a lot of fangirls were enjoying that track, most of us WERE NOT and neither were the TRP audience. Its like this show can't do anything without Khushi getting humiliated. 

The CVs are introducing one interesting track after another...wooing, redemption, the past...the tracks we have been waiting to see for months. But why do you think the TRPs don't rise? All of these tracks seem to be backfiring. I believe nothing will work until they start giving more importance and respect to the character of Khushi. It is as simple as that. There's a reason why a strong lead female is a part of every high rated show.

The unbiased and general audience want to see a BALANCED show. However...as long as Star Plus doesn't threaten to cancel the show, Gul and her team won't change anything. They will settle with being MEDIOCRE and almost out of the top 10 but still, they won't give in to the audience's demands because they believe keeping ASR true to his character is more important than the actual story. If you focus so much on one character, the show is bound to lose its touch. And it has...big time. That's why the TRPs are so low now. In fact, ever since it started becoming very one-sided in March, its been going downhill. I don't even want to wish them luck...this is their own fault...lets see if they can dig out of this hole they have created for themselves. I hope the ratings continue to tank.

Excellent points you have out there...
Honestly...I loved all the things that Arnav did for Khushi to make her happy...the gifts and all..each gift had a reason...especially the pearl necklace...
The way he used the rent factor to get her back...I agree it was wrong by all means...Arnav has pure intentions behind his plans...but his plans are not implemented in the appropriate way...that's where everything goes topsy-turvy...
Yes, their relationship lacks balance when it comes to compromising, sacrificing and facing hardships...mostly it's Khushi who is doing all that...and her side seems to get heavier day by day...she is still the one who is suffering here...
All these months in their relationship...Arnav has never been at loss...he did so much wrong...but end of the day..he gets his Wife back, his Sister back, his Position back...
I remember the night when he forcefully married her...Khushi had lost her family, their trust and love for her, her dignity and she had also lost respect Arnav's respect as he assumed whatever he wanted to...But Arnav didn't lose anything..he still had Khushi with him...he hated her and then he loved her...but Khushi had to take all that cap from him...she didn't gain anything...
Even today...she hasn't gained a lot. OK...her husband stood by her (I love him for that), he showed everyone her significance in his life and all that...but Dadi will keep degrading her, Mami will keep taunting her...if tomorrow something happens to his precious Di...who knows he might blame her again...then what?
I agree actions speak louder than words...that is Arnav's thing...
I guess what makes things a little incomplete is the fact that Arnav has accepted his mistake but hasn't apologized for any of them...
Maybe that's all that Khushi wants...a simple 'Sorry' because that is what she deserves...
We all know how difficult saying sorry for Arnav can be...he only says it when he he truly feels it...maybe he hasn't realized the depth of all the wrong he has done which he must by now...That leaves a little void behind...I guess it will still take some time...
And I know Khushi will forgive him..she already has deep inside...
So...I say it again...Khushi is my hero...
Please CVs...highlight the depth in her character...because Forgiving and Forgetting after so much pain is not easy...it takes courage...it takes true love...

Manal <3

Edited by -Manal.A- - 07 August 2012 at 2:07pm

mayuri099thechaigirlAmazingAmyOmNaMaSteOm

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Deb_Barun_Arnav

You made a good post for ASR for your safe side; if people say anything against this post - you will say, "I made a good post," just to show that you praised ASR. Why do you always bring in redemption? Honestly, why are you after a typical boring redemption? Can't you see this redemption is in ASR style? I am 100% sure that if the CVs actually show the kind of redemption you want - you will still won't be satisfied. After so many weeks - the story of IPKKND has moved, romance has blossomed, Dadi & Past have entered; but you are still stuck with the track of redemption.
The story will not make sense. 1 year of hate and no regret hats off to creatives.

Maverick29...manal....A.l.i.a.OmNaMaSteOm

...manal... IF-Dazzler
...manal...
...manal...

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Deb_Barun_Arnav

It's not about ASR here...it's about Khushi...
I agree he is doing all that he can to repent...hugs, kisses, romance, gifts...and today he accepted his mistake...but does that heal all of Khushi's wounds that he has given her right from the beginning?
What about all the taunts his family members gave her because of his wrong assumptions? What about the way her family almost disowned her on the night of their forced marriage because he assumed wrong? Can he reverse all of that? Can he take back what he said about her dead parents ? 
Khushi loves him a lot...that is why she is ready to forget and forgive which needs a big heart and a lot of courage...
Arnav loves her a lot...that is why he realizes his mistakes...but what about an apology? What about assurance that no matter what he will always stand by her and think a thousand times before blaming her for anything again? What about regret?
Arnav is doing good but does that give all the justice Khushi actually deserves?
This post was all about Khushi...not about what Arnav is doing...

Edited by -Manal.A- - 07 August 2012 at 2:19pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight99Maverick29.A.l.i.a.SaJanLuv14OmNaMaSteOm-DKS-

AmazingAmy IF-Dazzler
AmazingAmy
AmazingAmy

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
@memyselfandashi: You are absolutely right! I think the CVs are confused about the audience of this show. This show had 4.6 TRPs in February. Khushi wasn't getting humiliated like the typical SP wife nor was there any saas/sister-in-law drama. I don't know why they changed the whole direction of this show in March...it became very one-sided and ever since then, it has been going downhill and will continue to until they show a BALANCED show like they did in the first 6 months.

@Manal: Agreed! I also liked the fact that he was on her side...but it didn't change much...Khushi is still suffering more than him. I just want her to stand up for herself and be given some damn importance. 

...manal...thechaigirl-DKS-OmNaMaSteOm

...manal... IF-Dazzler
...manal...
...manal...

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:20pm | IP Logged

@memyselfandashi: You are absolutely right! I think the CVs are confused about the audience of this show. This show had 4.6 TRPs in February. Khushi wasn't getting humiliated like the typical SP wife nor was there any saas/sister-in-law drama. I don't know why they changed the whole direction of this show in March...it became very one-sided and ever since then, it has been going downhill and will continue to until they show a BALANCED show like they did in the first 6 months.

@Manal: Agreed! I also liked the fact that he was on her side...but it didn't change much...Khushi is still suffering more than him. I just want her to stand up for herself and be given some damn importance. 

Exactly!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mayuri099thechaigirlAmazingAmy-DKS-OmNaMaSteOm

Go to top