India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Strange Retribution...

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Now before you all say I am being negative or anything , let me confirm I loved the episode and loved ASR. Go read my other post for this: At last ASR

But this retribution does feel strange.

In this retribution the victim is not shown greater for forgiving. But the one doing the retribution is shown greater for giving scraps of love after tons of brickbat.

In this retribution, the victim is again a victim of others and the one who earlier victimized her is the hero and he again walks away with the heroic guy award

In this retribution, the harsh bitter words are not equalled with a 'I made a mistake' admission from the victimizer. Instead days later we get some gifts and words of love.

In this retribution there is no humuility from the victimizer. But the victim is still humbled.

Basically. what rankles is the fact that, we should feel Khushi's wounds were equalled by ASR's regret.

But instead we feel Khushi's wounds have been healed by a few sweet gestures...WITHOUT THE REGRET

That is what is missing. In the faraq padta hai track ASR felt her pain. Cried for her.

That is missing.

Hope IPK fulfilles that was too or this still feels incomplete...

Warning: All are in a good mood after the episode. So no bashing and fights. Let us peacefully debate this. I just had to understand why my dear friend Harshita felt something was missing and then I felt I can pin point what is wrong.

By the way there are many who believe ASR is complex.

ASR can't be Devdas.

ASR is unique

But tell me when he gave her gifts wasn't he being majnu?

When he ran after the ambulance wasn't he bing devdas?

When he beat up his employee wasn't he the posessive lover and husband?

When he faught with Dadi for her wasn't he the good husband?

So I refuse to buy this argument that sayong sorry or feeling regret will change ASR's 'character'.

They say there is no disgrace in being great or humble

Edited by rima - 07 August 2012 at 12:18pm

The following 131 member(s) liked the above post:

roshan110nanileezagracebomsontee27rishi_chhalspecailgirlarhifan_loverahttbaripkknd37FFFanJordinmoonlight99PrasRasmak3mesmilemeeyaaluvipkknd4eversruthirishiRujul13guryazeefan 1Archu61jalkukdi1shabi8anumunu578lanilandArshi143poonam.gupta12zenjoeAce11-Sapna-JenniferPurpledorindakateClumsyLilGirlLIONHEARTReginaPhalange-oceansseaviv04pasbarunluckyarnavkkksrAnshi7Fuzzbucketsaucechipspriyankaaterribletwistavantika_2012Prasanna_dhanumayuri099ashw99saavan_loverSiestaKMH-NASHAJulie0001inajnaryongshinTheDailyRush.Aisha.Sunisun2011Chimpsyvaleyriesama50.A.l.i.a....manal...fareeJaponicaAlpenliebe-Anks-evenjleena28-Chinky-ginaclazylad8-FauZipinkssSunriseGreenHeebsAsh95supriya.arshinonasiJayneCetroniaipkknd-fanShegarf71thechaigirlTheSmurfsAmazingAmySharaaLuv_isnt_classydeeswarnaSaRun.blue.kindleNi1234Chaituv1yyy2krish3StormChaserLivingInPajamasashred12sigridEchoesofpassion-Garima-meera30radtfarheen75sree07--drama_queen--Cogito_Ergo_Sumabracadabraarshi_karishzaniaxmeenalumatrina2010CDloveDiamondLifesbk2.x-bumblebee-x.KookiemonsterOysterOmNaMaSteOm_disha_NewbiesoapfanTia.0Johny.S.RajSrilathalolla.Screwtape.MyLuvBarun-DKS-GodhuliLogonprincessunaraThe.Lannisterpolly_mkNestleToulouse

rozy Groupbie
rozy
rozy

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:23am | IP Logged

you are asking for a very baselessly simple plot .. where as you might be surprised to find out that this show is different because of its levels of complexities , its characters are complex .. wether you like them or not , you should not expect someone like ASR to start running around trees and asking for forgiveness ..

If you are not able to see through his redemption then clearly you are not grasping the show very well .

The following 43 member(s) liked the above post:

MyAngelkomaltahsinipkknd37madarfanrulingtheworldarnavkhushi111khushi_arnavkipasbarunmsleeWhite.Pearlmz.brarsrishipramariyakamranan33shaSimone2005-Reva-MissPunjabiashw99innocentgreen-Mistletoe-sprinkle2avantika_2012SaraJLShegarf71KtotheMeyesonmeDalmuthuya..sur..kash4lifecherrypansyfan145smanDeb_05westindianNotKidding.Sad.But.True.Mihrimah...Tanu...Mysticaldivinesareeta-Maha-_TheJoker-rima

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rozy

you are asking for a very baselessly simple plot .. where as you might be surprised to find out that this show is different because of its levels of complexities , its characters are complex .. wether you like them or not , you should not expect someone like ASR to start running around trees and asking for forgiveness ..

If you are not able to see through his redemption then clearly you are not grasping the show very well .
read my first line again.

and i want to ask how clearly are people grasping the show where the hero makes mistakes again and again and he is defended in the name of being 'complex' 'unique' etc while the heroine is victimized endlessly

Edited by rima - 07 August 2012 at 12:41pm

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

sneptsahttbarjalkukdi1moonlight99zenjoedpotnisberrysweetChimpsysun2011Decent6ChoriRickyBahlHeebsAsh95Olive_Roseipkknd-fanChaituvashred12Ni1234StormChaserhindu4lyfEchoesofpassionSaJanLuv14OmNaMaSteOm-DKS-GodhuliLogonkbtrsbk2Johny.S.Raj-ElmoFuj-

rhearuhi Goldie
rhearuhi
rhearuhi

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Also if you remember that interview where Gul said that when Arnav will know the truth he will repent like anything...he will repent to the extent that he will hurt himself for inflicting that pain on her so I ask the CVs where has all that gone...if he really repents and takes her as his wife should he not give her his mothers kangans with love and make her read the letter his mom left for his wife...the CV s seem to have forgotten about the kangan totally can't even see khushi wearing themnow...

The following 36 member(s) liked the above post:

roshan110tee27shilpi_issjalkukdi1luckyarnavshabi8zenjoedpotnisKMH-NASHAashw99sun2011ChimpsyN12345Nsaucechipsmayuri099samster03.Aisha....manal....A.l.i.a.TheSmurfspinkssSunriseGreenHeebsAsh95ashred12hindu4lyfEchoesofpassionCDloveCogito_Ergo_SumStormChaser.x-bumblebee-x.-DKS-kbtrsbk2OmNaMaSteOmrima

Ni1234 IF-Rockerz
Ni1234
Ni1234

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:25am | IP Logged
You are right Rima..:)

This is the unique redemption just like their love story..Everything has to be unique..LOL

I don't know the profile name but two or three weeks back someone from 4 Lions posted this on IF..

They clearly mentioned that Redemption will be unique..

I doubt it is the way we want it to be..

Hope so...:)

But this was way better...

This scene was magical..before realization of love..Lalit Mohan's magic I still feel that..

anyway Lets wait for the next few episodes..:)

Edited by Ni1234 - 07 August 2012 at 11:53am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

mustiannedpotnisArshi143Chimpsysamster03mayuri099pinkssEchoesofpassion-DKS-OmNaMaSteOmrima

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rhearuhi

Also if you remember that interview where Gul said that when Arnav will know the truth he will repent like anything...he will repent to the extent that he will hurt himself for inflicting that pain on her so I ask the CVs where has all that gone...if he really repents and takes her as his wife should he not give her his mothers kangans with love and make her read the letter his mom left for his wife...the CV s seem to have forgotten about the kangan totally can't even see khushi wearing themnow...
this is what i am talking about. her greatness is always sidelined. why?

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

FFFansoniachammumz.brarChimpsyrhearuhiAsh95ashred12EchoesofpassionStormChaserOmNaMaSteOm-DKS-

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ni1234

You are right Rima..:)

This is the unique redemption just like their love story..Everything has to be unique..LOL

I don't know the profile name but two or three weeks back someone from 4 Lions posted this on IF..

They clearly mentioned that Redemption will be unique..

I doubt it is the way we want it to be..

Hope so...:)

Lets wait for the next few episodes..:)

indeed it is unique and feels a little empty somehow

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

PrasRassoniachammuArshi143ChimpsypinkssEchoesofpassionCogito_Ergo_SumNi1234OmNaMaSteOm

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rozy

by the way is running around trees your idea of forgiveness. feels strange

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

PrasRasmoonlight99luvipkknd4everzenjoesaucechips.Aisha.ChimpsyYash141evenjleena28Ash95pinkssSunriseGreenTheSmurfsRickyBahlsonapariLuv_isnt_classyNi1234Cogito_Ergo_SumStormChaserabracadabraCDloveOmNaMaSteOmkbtrJohny.S.Raj

Go to top