Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

7/8 Dragon Club: Don't Let the Bubbles Burst! (Page 43)

kriti07 IF-Dazzler
kriti07
kriti07

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Red and Tarantulla- The critical analysts of the forum and love you for that.

Excellent observations I can say and you are fully right, Tracks are not being dealt with properly they start off with promise but suddenly are not concluded or treated well biggest example being 

the first poll gimmick of Aarti telling Yash the truth about PRashant

Then the fall in love scenario of Aarti which was not handled effectively.

Then the debate competition though it was good was not treated well had lots of discrepanices.

I dont know what was the hurry to show the Aarti fall in love scenario or the Prashant truth poll gimmick at that point of time. All the three could have been handled slowly and more effectively we are in no hurry to see Aarti fallling in love or Yash to fall for Aarti in such a haphazard manner.

But still its better than most shows so watch it and for the concept and the great acting and the choice of actors too. And with my experiences with my previous favourite show of GC I overlook all these discrepancies and watch the show just like that these days inspite of noting all these aspects. 

Frankly I also respect this forum for encouraging RED and TARANTULLA kind of critical posts too , from what other forums I have seen atleast the top ones no one takes these critical observations in a positive spirit.ClapClap

Edited by phal - 08 August 2012 at 9:14am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

tarantulla_predeye2012angakePearl_27bbbcccSamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64Zettercssudhajyoti06

tarantulla_p Goldie
tarantulla_p
tarantulla_p

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:20am | IP Logged
@Red, you nailed it with the detail.

I am most disturbed with how both Yash and Aarti are developing. To me, Yash is more consistent than Aarti but you are absolutely right. We dont know what Yash feels about Aarti at all. Its almost as if he just acknowledges her presence as if she were a familiar face. In that case, what's with those multi second eye locks?  What seems to be the real reason for those outbursts and complete lack of introspection toward all unfair accusations.

We are only privy to Aarti's thoughts about Yash. The reason her affectations and affections seem implausible is because we all know what she has been through and have witnessed her completely believable reluctance in this relationship. Since the marriage, Yash has at best been civil with her save taking a bullet for Ansh.  What has inspired so much of a change of heart for Aarti? These days, she has, as you said apparently no other thoughts other than about how to draw Yash - ji out of his stupor.

Am with you, I still want to know what will happen so, will watch. As @Kirthi said, there is a long term potential for this show..only if they stay true to their premise.

Edited to make my post more coherent.

Edited by tarantulla_p - 08 August 2012 at 10:01am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

redeye2012angakekriti07SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64Zettercssudhajyoti06

EnchantedForest IF-Sizzlerz
EnchantedForest
EnchantedForest

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:36am | IP Logged
im disappointed with trps but im just wondering are they just going to stay in the beach house. i havent seen them visit the beach or anything like that. i want atleast one scene of them going out of the house as a family and not to the market for whatever reason.

i did expect the show to be a little better for each track to have a purpose and a point behind it. i lke the debate competition it was a beautiful way to bond Aarti and Palak but the truth is nothing can be conquered over night like that. i really didnt want Aarti to fall in love so soon but I still watch for the good acting.

Edited by Gurtiluv - 08 August 2012 at 9:38am

redeye2012angakekriti07Pearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64Zetterjyoti06

tarantulla_p Goldie
tarantulla_p
tarantulla_p

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:39am | IP Logged
@Phal, Call me Aparna. Thank you for the kind words and totally agree that this forum has been very welcoming of all critique. The makers of the show should really appreciate all of our time on this for we take precious time out of our routine to comment and critique a show with the only intent to improve it (and have fun with our virtual buddies of course).
Smile

redeye2012angakekriti07Pearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64Zetterjyoti06

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Ok I m not much bothered about falling trps because I just realised we are at no.10 in trp chart of Daily soaps  (not reality shows included) LOLLOL...so its that time of the month when overall ratings r down due to several factors that happened last week LOL...in fact BALH to b honest had biggest fall from 4.8 to 3.7 .. a fall of 1 .. we only went down from 2.5 to 2.3 ... So I dont think there is any need for panic button ... Embarrassed...

Few factors which CVs need to work on are ..

1) Bring a certain curiosity element in the show .. like is Yash falling for Aarti ?? Or Is Aarti worried about Prashant factor in her life since she did lie to Yash about her status and she needs to feel this worry now ... these curiosities help in trp factor because more than logic its the curiosity which brings trps ... Neelam track had hardly any logic but it brought the trps because of curiosity factor ... so I agree with Aparna here regarding curiosity factor Thumbs Up

2) Bua I feel did lots of damage with too much of negativity , so its high time CVs stop using Bua for every move in the story .. involve other characters... if needed bring Prashant back too  .. but no Bua plss Big smile...

3) Its already 6 months now .. so Yash needs to feel something for Aarti .. mayb get rid of Arpita memories and start dreaming of Aarti now TongueLOL

Bas these 3 points can get the trps high Embarrassed

tarantulla_predeye2012angakekriti07Pearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64Zetter

angake IF-Dazzler
angake
angake

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:51am | IP Logged

@Red, so beautifully put. Here are my issues with both Yash and Aarti's characterizations or rather the way CVs have projected Yash and Aarti's past and present. 

THE PAST

CVs have spent quite a bit of time and effort in painting Yash's past to us. He was a happy go lucky guy, he was a prankster, he loved writing poems and what not (Yash's flashback of meeting Arpita for the first time and his monologue after that about how he used to write poems), he likes photography (if we were to assume that he is the one who took all those ghastly pictures), he is an artist, he likes creating things like the pot and the planning a wedding and so on. But we know nothing, absolutely nothing about Aarti except that her ex dumped her and she is an orphan. Our past plays such an important role in our present actions and that is why it is so hard at times to connect to Aarti's present behaviors like why she fell in love with Yash so quickly. Can his act during the kidnapping make such an impact on her? And if yes then what was it in her past  (apart from the fact that Prashant was a jerk) that aided her in accepting Yash so open heartedly?

THE PRESENT

Here is where I have the biggest issue with Yash's characterization. Yes he is a present time DevDas but he is also very much human. He acts as if nothing about Aarti affects him except in that moment when something happens. The only time I think I saw open and genuine sincerity in him towards his appreciation towards Aarti was after he sees Aarti combing the girl's hair and he runs into the pillar. That night he looks at her with genuine warmth wanting to thank her for her efforts.

Every other time when he thanks her or shows his appreciation it is always as if he was forced to. That can't be right can it? Even if you don't feel romantically towards someone, at this point after he has witnessed everything Aarti does, there should be some sort of warmth and friendship, right? There should have been some kind of growth in his feelings for her, right? We don't know anything about what Yash's true feelings are. Where as Aarti is on the other end of the spectrum. We are privy to everything she feels for Yash. 

So while the CVs have sketched out Yash's past pretty decently, his present is like a closed book to us. Similarly, while the CVs are making sure we viewers know Aarti's present thoughts, her past is like a closed book to us.

And Red, you are spot on when you say it seems like the CVs have a timeline for what to show by which episode. That is why I feel they are waiting for Prashant track to be in full bloom to give us more details about Aarti's past.

But honestly, I think that is why this show seems to be far better off than many others. Because a lot of shows lose their plot by this time thanks to dwindling TRPs where as the Mittals stick to their timelines and does not budge no matter what the TRPs are like. Prime example is another show on Zee, Phir Subah Hogi which had a fantastic concept and was doing quite well in my opinion but all of a sudden the story is running around like a headless chicken.

@Phal, I agree with your views about this forum and how accepting we are. Would I be wrong in saying that it is because to some extent it has to do with the concept of the show and the kind of audience (ie age group) it caters to? Embarrassed

Edited by angake - 08 August 2012 at 9:57am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

redeye2012tarantulla_pPearl_27SamanalyseInduG64Zetterjyoti06

..CountingStars IF-Stunnerz
..CountingStars
..CountingStars

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Samanalyse

@Sadie: I loved every bit of that fantastic write up, and was laughing through most of it! But one thing, please stop apologising so much! We LOVE you over here, even if you don't love AarYa. You make a far more interesting naysayer than that one dimensional Bua. And you just about killed me with that collection of pictures. Too. much. manly. beauty...except maybe when he was soaking in the suds.

@

Awh Thanks Samana JiEmbarrassed
It's just that most of the time I know people wanna kill me for being a loud mouth, that's why I keep apologizing..

@Bold
That was my FavouriteBig smileROFL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

redeye2012kriti07Pearl_27SamanalyseInduG64Zetterjyoti06

InduG64 IF-Rockerz
InduG64
InduG64

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:54am | IP Logged
@Phal: This is my first and only forum. I joined because I liked the concept of the show...stayed back because I started loving the way they presented it...and joined DC as a rookie in the virtual world of TV soap analysis. But what you say about other show forums, I find it strange, because an opinion always warrants a flip side...and which should be equally welcomed for a healthy debate. Red and Aparna are fearless faces of some of my own daily frustrations...difference is they voice them, I don't. By my own admission I watch the show with blinkers on, but I appreciate Red's and Aparna's views equally when they opine differently. And vice versa...they never fail to appreciate a contrasting opinion even if they do not agree with it. If that's something unique to DC or to this forum, then I am sure I won't be able to adjust anywhere else.  I love the open-mindedness of DC. 

Edited by InduG64 - 08 August 2012 at 10:02am

tarantulla_predeye2012angakekriti07Pearl_27SamanalyseZetterjyoti06..CountingStars

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index