Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Arise, Advance and Proceed Arnav Singh Raizaada (Page 9)

Drwho IF-Dazzler
Drwho
Drwho

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JerryTheMouse

Great post Annie! And eat responses! 

Unfortunately, yes this still does happen! And many times people choose to stay within the familial bonds too and still manage to treat others with respect. 

Growing up, I saw many extended relative treating hired help differently. Making different, cheaper rice for them, the daal being watery, not enough vegetables to eat, having separate utensils... Crappy behavior. I'm proud that my parents never ascribed to that, and they taught me, that individuals who treat others in that manner are not worth my time, meaning i should not put weight in what they say. But I still had to outwardly give them respects, ie when I see these so called elder, touch their feet, and address them with respect. As a teenager I used to balk at that. But I was also shown how I can still treat the said targeted hired help with respect too, and show the "elder" thru my behavior. And I did. And took glee in their horrified expressions. Since it was important to my parents that I don't disrespect their extended family, I didn't. But I was taught to show my displeasure. And I did. 

As for poor daughter in law, that happens too. When the male has the attitude that women are subservient, and that disagreements between mother in law and daughter in law are best left to them, he is giving the power to the so called stronger person. In some cases the mother in law, or the sister in law. And in some cases the daughter in law. The MIL thinks that she can say whatever and the son won't interfere, and she can now show the DIL who is the queen. Or vice versa. 

As for the show, I kind of thought it was very smart of the CVs to bring in  dadi. This way, they can have a hateful character, keep up the TRPs and all. But more importantly, they don't have to show Arnav on his knees, begging for forgiveness. Thei way, they can show the couple working thru their demons together and redeeming himself. Khushi's demons being the treatment meted out to her at RM by all and sundry. And Arnav's past being him demons. Do I like it, not really. Do I want my pound of flesh, well, it would be nice to show that abject behavior has consequences. But, then again, maybe I am hoping do too much. 

At this time, I'll be happy if they show that dadi's attitudes are so wrong, and that they need to be changed. Coz I believe that even shining a light on the issue is one step in the right direction. 

Thank you for the post and the PM! 

P.S. I'm usually not online these times, and hence sporadic in my comments on other posts. Please accept apologies. 

Hello Ladies, a very late hello hi from me today, just inundated with life related activities! 

JTM, I love your response and @red, that is the single most important that we need to keep in mind, this is just an excuse for the CVs...To show Arnav seeking redemption and repenting for his actions would have required exercising their brain cells and some meaningful dialogues, script and narration, so this short cut, bring in a bigger evil so that the current one can become a saint without any great effort...

Edited by Drwho - 07 August 2012 at 4:06pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

EvocativeAmazingAmyOmNaMaSteOmFairyLiquidSoap

LadyLaLa IF-Rockerz
LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by enigma17

Originally posted by FairyLiquidSoap

r me first yipeee
That  you are my beautyBig smile

Now I cry  foul play..Cry why was I not given a Gold medal for posting first the other day.. ?  Do I smell something fishy? Who oiling whose palm here ? LOL

please send me my god medal or else I will boycott this Olympics LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

EvocativeSeerialLoopsFairyLiquidSoap

LadyLaLa IF-Rockerz
LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 3:39pm | IP Logged

r me first yipeee
annie lovely post as always and somehow you will always manage to write what exactly is going throuh my mind
adding my own 2 bits
i feel this current track is going to further anoint him as even more of a saint with beatification just around the corner I know all of us wanted some form of apology but making him into this unbelievably caring loving noble sacrificing sort of spirit is killing the spirit of the story and diluting her role and impact in the track
She wears a perpetually hounded look when he seems to accept a mistake and looks to him with gratitude almost as if he has absolved her of the burden of guilt by forgiving her and always happily wears the shirt of nettles without realizing the cause and effect
 Tonight i was quite angry that the CVs showed her as being dumbstruck and awestruck when he said he was to blame I would have liked a moment of introspection and maybe a bit of affection while this happened not a RV just a tight squeeze of her hand or a quick hug to indicate his remorse
That scene outside when he stood next to her just did not work for me as i felt it a bit forced almost to redux him fast as the loving caring husband and make us forget pronto the master blackmailer from last week
I have trouble accepting her feelings it is not gradual one moment she is running away and the next she cannot keep her hands off him and this song n dance routine tom to get him to open up huh?Ouch
yesterday she said a line the one i love so much i know very little about him the same line applies to him Both of them are supposed to be soul mates have telepathic connection  are able to read into each others eyes mind body and soul and yet have no clue about each others past and dont take a minute to sit down and exchange the story of their lives how the parents died and how was it growing up without a parental figure
any one in the real world would do when they are really falling in love
so again lines have been introduced to set the stage for his exalted greatness do I sound pissed yes I am I signed on for the story of 2 and now all I see is one
if I wanted to see a woman friendly drama I certainly would be watching all the saas bahu sort and if I wanted to see a herocentric show I certainy wont be tuning into an Asian soap Dexter is more than enough to fill my senses thank you very much
I thought this serial was different and wanted to see the story of a man and a woman
rant over

Hi Swati.. You and I now share the same colour.. We are the members of the New green party...

What I reading? ASR being anointed? Now this is news to me.. I thought Khushi was beating him to sainthood ...

Till now I thought Khushi was the most selfless girl walking the planet earth.. but today I realised that she is the most egoistic person on earth.. she thinks so high of herself to believe that every sorrow that befalls the residents of RM is due to her.. now don't you think that this is very cheeky of this girl to think of herself as the most powerful person?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

EvocativeAmazingAmySeerialLoopsFairyLiquidSoap

Jayne IF-Dazzler
Jayne
Jayne

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zenjoe

Originally posted by Jayne

Staf,
The only real breakthrough I have found, is to be financially independent.
And by that I mean holding a job of one's own (or lucky enough with a trust fund) so that one can live life as one chooses.

Most of us, whom I would place in the 'dissenters' category, I am sure, have been accused of not respecting family values, or traditions, or elders, or being a know-it-all, or too big for her britches, etc.
Sticks and stones, my friend.
(Though they do hurt if they come from immediate family).
Still, I've discovered that financial independence also gleans respect from those very people, too.
The option to walk away is always there for us.

People like, Khushi - and I do not like her character since the marriage days ; martyrs never appeal to me Confused- ask to be abused and taken-advantage of. Its as much a victim mentality they have because in spite of proof around them that the world is different, clinging to the very family that yokes them is more important to them.

Jayne

LOVED your post! Simply AWESOMEClap I so want to increase the font size of the capitalised words but even that won't express how much I loved your post. Big smile The underlined part of your post is a truth of life I have seen closely. The very family that one gives away one's life to (just as Khushi does) are the people who'll question about one's contribution in their lives. They do appreciate and respect the financial independence later on but by the time one chooses to make a life for oneself, the contributing member feels cheated and hurt on the family's response. 

Yes, being your own person and financial independence is the key to create and live a meaningful life as per one's values and principles.
Thanks for this post; Loved each and every word from it.

Zoe,
Thank you for your kind approbation.
As you can tell, even ASR is not immune to this.
For all that he is the main breadwinner for the entire family, he is still constrained by their 'rules'.
No matter that they 'relax' it for him, because, as all opportunists, they, too, are wary of biting the hand that feeds them; yet, they make their displeasure felt.
And ASR, like all us humans, who want at least one person to whom we feel close to be on our side - parent(s), sibling, uncle, aunt, GMs, etc. - ultimately knuckles down under the pressure to the 'right' thing. Right, mind you, as defined by them.

The only solution that I have found to this is to move away, and yes, even away from that at least one person who is usually one's support/sounding board, etc.

Distance brings a lot of things into perspective, not the least of which is independence - one can finally breathe! - but also a much clearer sight.
The sight, alas, more than likely, also reveals that that support person, that one to whom one are so close, is also not infallible; that, they, like all the others are victims of their society and hence, may not always offer the best advice or have the best of intentions - human traits of selfishness, narrow-mindedness, manipulation, emotional blackmail, etc., are in their parvenu, too.

As is the case with Anjuli.
For all her 'goodness', she is extremely manipulative, selfish, completely self-absorbed, and absolutely useless.
The last may be debated by ASR, but he has never had the freedom of being away from her and seeing her for what she is.
Does this make us love that dear one less?
Not really.
But we no longer follow anyone blindly, even them.
The best part: we no longer owe them explanations, either... though our human weakness will come to fore and still see them as the support they no longer are.

Financial independence and distance brings out the true colors in all of us.
It may not necessarily be for the good, either.
A 'wayward' son or daughter might give in to all kinds of 'temptations' away from the restraining hand of family.

But this is a sink or swim situation.
Forging out on one's own truly hones the blade and shows what our mettle is.
Win or lose, we have nobody else to blame (though losers may find plenty to blame).

I strongly advocate moving out of the house and family bosom and becoming financially independent to all men and women. One can always come back after gaining that experience and perspective.
Sadly, that is not the general Indian - and south-east-asian - way of life and nor is it the one endorsed by these Soaps that are clearly, so very influential.

Jayne

Edited by Jayne - 07 August 2012 at 7:12pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Evocativeevenjleena28AmazingAmyLadyLaLaSeerialLoopsFairyLiquidSoap

evenjleena28 IF-Dazzler
evenjleena28
evenjleena28

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:42am | IP Logged
Ello ello my loviesHug

Aww are we all? sorry am trying different accents you seeLOLLOLLOL

So everyone is wondering what is going to happen to Harvard and Khushi now??

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazingAmyLadyLaLaFairyLiquidSoap

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Sudha Annie TangyHug
Read your hard hitting replies in that post that got closed Clap
Sudha
 Annie was right you deserve a diamond and i say we burnish it with Titanium One hell of a thought and yes sauce applies for all
I did raise that point also  in my most contentious post to date some months back and I soon felt  the love they had for me from the  warm messages I received from those who appreciated that viewEvil Smile

Alas before I could add my thoughts to  the post that got closed it got closed againROFL talk about a double whammy

Freedom of expression has a very narrow definition with parochial vision here and as long as you are raising hosannah posts and writing paens of drool on dah man and OMG OMG I am dead smitten kitten posts you are a true forum member worthy of carrying on the name
maybe we should get that certain some oneWink to speak on the freedom of expression and thought and true meaning of democracy in an interview by Rangmunch seeing one correspondent's love for the show Independence day is around the corner anyway and then maybe the winds of change wiil dramatically occur here for after all the exalted one has spoken and that word becomes the law
Am I being sarcastic ? gosh wouldnt want this thread to be also closed for crossing the limits of sarcasm

General Disclaimer
I love IPKKND I love IF I love BS Heart

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

evenjleena28SeerialLoops

evenjleena28 IF-Dazzler
evenjleena28
evenjleena28

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:16am | IP Logged

Sudha Annie TangyHug
Read your hard hitting replies in that post that got closed Clap
Sudha
 Annie was right you deserve a diamond and i say we burnish it with Titanium One hell of a thought and yes sauce applies for all
I did raise that point also  in my most contentious post to date some months back and I soon felt  the love they had for me from the  warm messages I received from those who appreciated that viewEvil Smile

Alas before I could add my thoughts to  the post that got closed it got closed againROFL talk about a double whammy

Freedom of expression has a very narrow definition with parochial vision here and as long as you are raising hosannah posts and writing paens of drool on dah man and OMG OMG I am dead smitten kitten posts you are a true forum member worthy of carrying on the name
maybe we should get that certain some oneWink to speak on the freedom of expression and thought and true meaning of democracy in an interview by Rangmunch seeing one correspondent's love for the show Independence day is around the corner anyway and then maybe the winds of change wiil dramatically occur here for after all the exalted one has spoken and that word becomes the law
Am I being sarcastic ? gosh wouldnt want this thread to be also closed for crossing the limits of sarcasm

General Disclaimer

You forgot me...not fairCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

FairyLiquidSoap

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LadyLaLa

r me first yipeee
annie lovely post as always and somehow you will always manage to write what exactly is going throuh my mind
adding my own 2 bits
i feel this current track is going to further anoint him as even more of a saint with beatification just around the corner I know all of us wanted some form of apology but making him into this unbelievably caring loving noble sacrificing sort of spirit is killing the spirit of the story and diluting her role and impact in the track
She wears a perpetually hounded look when he seems to accept a mistake and looks to him with gratitude almost as if he has absolved her of the burden of guilt by forgiving her and always happily wears the shirt of nettles without realizing the cause and effect
 Tonight i was quite angry that the CVs showed her as being dumbstruck and awestruck when he said he was to blame I would have liked a moment of introspection and maybe a bit of affection while this happened not a RV just a tight squeeze of her hand or a quick hug to indicate his remorse
That scene outside when he stood next to her just did not work for me as i felt it a bit forced almost to redux him fast as the loving caring husband and make us forget pronto the master blackmailer from last week
I have trouble accepting her feelings it is not gradual one moment she is running away and the next she cannot keep her hands off him and this song n dance routine tom to get him to open up huh?Ouch
yesterday she said a line the one i love so much i know very little about him the same line applies to him Both of them are supposed to be soul mates have telepathic connection  are able to read into each others eyes mind body and soul and yet have no clue about each others past and dont take a minute to sit down and exchange the story of their lives how the parents died and how was it growing up without a parental figure
any one in the real world would do when they are really falling in love
so again lines have been introduced to set the stage for his exalted greatness do I sound pissed yes I am I signed on for the story of 2 and now all I see is one
if I wanted to see a woman friendly drama I certainly would be watching all the saas bahu sort and if I wanted to see a herocentric show I certainy wont be tuning into an Asian soap Dexter is more than enough to fill my senses thank you very much
I thought this serial was different and wanted to see the story of a man and a woman
rant over

Hi Swati.. You and I now share the same colour.. We are the members of the New green party...

What I reading? ASR being anointed? Now this is news to me.. I thought Khushi was beating him to sainthood ...

Till now I thought Khushi was the most selfless girl walking the planet earth.. but today I realised that she is the most egoistic person on earth.. she thinks so high of herself to believe that every sorrow that befalls the residents of RM is due to her.. now don't you think that this is very cheeky of this girl to think of herself as the most powerful person?

La sweets she has passed on the mantle of sacrifice altruism and selflessness to ASR Did you not see yesterdays episodeShocked he has accepted the error of his ways or was it her ways I always get confused with these CV's and their symbolisms
 he is the man now our androgynous SP bahu who will admit selectively and electively his lapse in judgment to whoever he thinks worthy enough and who wont ask too many questions or cross examine him and obviously only one fits that description to the TLOL
By the way you cannot call them mistakes or grievious errors this is ASR the beloved noble soul King Harishchandra who will accept manfully his responsiblity for his actions but only behind closed doors and always to the same person who is the weakest chink link in the story and will adoringly forgive him
he will never lie just withhold facts and his err hiding of information is nothing but hidden truth
so yes this nayi soch is apparently going to do wonders for the TRP also by next week by turning the Bahu into a spineless wimp and turning her husband a nari shakthi or something like that

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

evenjleena28LadyLaLa

Go to top