Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Arise, Advance and Proceed Arnav Singh Raizaada (Page 7)

RickyBahl IF-Dazzler
RickyBahl
RickyBahl

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by enigma17

Originally posted by RickyBahl

Well said
I connect with this staement of urs.What to do cant help dear.

Or will you be off running around in little circles screaming..'I have been cheated! I want Arnavji on bended knees sobbing his socks off begging for forgiveness from Khushji'

1 more thing EnigMAA
Today i noticed in India Forums that the camp who dont want redemption are not that active today. 
Doesnt Arnav's positive attitude or accepting his fault doesnt Impress them today ?? Iam suprised.Or do they just want Arnav to do forceful things to Khushi without repentance
Thank you
If male machoism is venerated, condoned and elevated then I imagine sadism is running alongside them
Maybe that is why there is silence

Very Aptly said. Male chauvinism is worshipped. I think life teaches a lot and most of them are  in teenage. Life ahead will teach,  them that  looks, Physiciality doesnt feed stomach as well as  heart. Something else needed too.

Edited by RickyBahl - 07 August 2012 at 12:30pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazingAmySeerialLoopsenigma17OmNaMaSteOm

Evocative Senior Member
Evocative
Evocative

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by FairyLiquidSoap

I think quite a few of us got hooked onto this show precisely because it did not seem like the run of the mill indian soap no evil mother in laws scheming sister in laws useless husbands predatory girlfriends
lying boyfriends etc
we watched it for the story of 2 I for one would not have seen if this soap was only about either one of the characters only and today we are actually discussing the very same drama elements that we shunned in the first place in other soaps
have our standards fallen or are we like the proverbial frog that got slowly boiled in the water and now it is too late to escape

Bingo! My thoughts exactly, Fairyliquidsoap Smile

Edited by Evocative - 07 August 2012 at 12:30pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SeerialLoopsFairyLiquidSoap

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
am off call starting
 take care all of you lovely people
goodnight and catchu tom

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

EvocativeRickyBahlenigma17OmNaMaSteOm

zenjoe Senior Member
zenjoe
zenjoe

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Updated Page 6
enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JerryTheMouse

Great post Annie! And eat responses! 

Unfortunately, yes this still does happen! And many times people choose to stay within the familial bonds too and still manage to treat others with respect. 

Growing up, I saw many extended relative treating hired help differently. Making different, cheaper rice for them, the daal being watery, not enough vegetables to eat, having separate utensils... Crappy behavior. I'm proud that my parents never ascribed to that, and they taught me, that individuals who treat others in that manner are not worth my time, meaning i should not put weight in what they say. But I still had to outwardly give them respects, ie when I see these so called elder, touch their feet, and address them with respect. As a teenager I used to balk at that. But I was also shown how I can still treat the said targeted hired help with respect too, and show the "elder" thru my behavior. And I did. And took glee in their horrified expressions. Since it was important to my parents that I don't disrespect their extended family, I didn't. But I was taught to show my displeasure. And I did. 

As for poor daughter in law, that happens too. When the male has the attitude that women are subservient, and that disagreements between mother in law and daughter in law are best left to them, he is giving the power to the so called stronger person. In some cases the mother in law, or the sister in law. And in some cases the daughter in law. The MIL thinks that she can say whatever and the son won't interfere, and she can now show the DIL who is the queen. Or vice versa. 

As for the show, I kind of thought it was very smart of the CVs to bring in  dadi. This way, they can have a hateful character, keep up the TRPs and all. But more importantly, they don't have to show Arnav on his knees, begging for forgiveness. Thei way, they can show the couple working thru their demons together and redeeming himself. Khushi's demons being the treatment meted out to her at RM by all and sundry. And Arnav's past being him demons. Do I like it, not really. Do I want my pound of flesh, well, it would be nice to show that abject behavior has consequences. But, then again, maybe I am hoping do too much. 

At this time, I'll be happy if they show that dadi's attitudes are so wrong, and that they need to be changed. Coz I believe that even shining a light on the issue is one step in the right direction. 

Thank you for the post and the PM! 

P.S. I'm usually not online these times, and hence sporadic in my comments on other posts. Please accept apologies. 
Hi JTM long time no see
Hope you are well.

Congratulations and well done on being a good daughter
Your parents are sound and sane people to have instilled such values in you
To juggle both aspects is not easy but you seem to have accomplished it

I shudder at some MILs. I would have run away from home I think
At the best of times I am not good at being dictated to
I am very much my own person
That does not mean I disrespect but I do not bow down to anyone

Lets hope some good will materialise from the horrendous dadi's presence
We can but hope

SeerialLoopsJerryTheMouse

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zenjoe

Whoa! Annie you asked too many questions! I am incapable of answering many since I am now watching the show strictly on episode basis and I liked today's 23 minutes enough to speak my mind. I have given up on Khushi, the CVs, even ASR; anything positive is now a welcome change from the frequent crap. IPK is making me practice one more nirvana gyan- Live in the present momentLOL

ASR rising to the occasion was a 'finally dude, you woke up to your manhood' moment. His acceptance of the fact that his marriage to Khushi was not her fault and that he forced her into it was a little too late. Nonetheless, it came and I am glad. I think that was a 'sorry' from him and I don't expect anything more from his so called 'redemption' (after bashing, this is one word I SO dislike!)

Daadi seems to have supported Arnav's father in his wrongdoings and may have meted out injustice to 'woh aurat' she mentioned repeatedly. So yeah, she could be party to ASR's hurtful past.

Star Plus one moment brings out an episode against untouchability and caste system in Satyamev Jayate and the other moment it brings out the same issue on one of it's prime time shows in this way!Confused Nayi Soch it is and I shall leave it at that!Shocked

I shall share more as and when my mind can churn out some sense Smile
Hi zenjoeSmile

How else am I going to learn if I don't ask the pertinent questions!!Tongue
 I am convinced there will be no redemption nor any remorse
This story is gathering momento to expose the blighted past that has this family trapped in this manner of reprehensible behaviour

Please do continue sharing!

zenjoeSeerialLoops

JerryTheMouse IF-Rockerz
JerryTheMouse
JerryTheMouse

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by enigma17

Originally posted by JerryTheMouse

Great post Annie! And eat responses! 

Unfortunately, yes this still does happen! And many times people choose to stay within the familial bonds too and still manage to treat others with respect. 

Growing up, I saw many extended relative treating hired help differently. Making different, cheaper rice for them, the daal being watery, not enough vegetables to eat, having separate utensils... Crappy behavior. I'm proud that my parents never ascribed to that, and they taught me, that individuals who treat others in that manner are not worth my time, meaning i should not put weight in what they say. But I still had to outwardly give them respects, ie when I see these so called elder, touch their feet, and address them with respect. As a teenager I used to balk at that. But I was also shown how I can still treat the said targeted hired help with respect too, and show the "elder" thru my behavior. And I did. And took glee in their horrified expressions. Since it was important to my parents that I don't disrespect their extended family, I didn't. But I was taught to show my displeasure. And I did. 

As for poor daughter in law, that happens too. When the male has the attitude that women are subservient, and that disagreements between mother in law and daughter in law are best left to them, he is giving the power to the so called stronger person. In some cases the mother in law, or the sister in law. And in some cases the daughter in law. The MIL thinks that she can say whatever and the son won't interfere, and she can now show the DIL who is the queen. Or vice versa. 

As for the show, I kind of thought it was very smart of the CVs to bring in  dadi. This way, they can have a hateful character, keep up the TRPs and all. But more importantly, they don't have to show Arnav on his knees, begging for forgiveness. Thei way, they can show the couple working thru their demons together and redeeming himself. Khushi's demons being the treatment meted out to her at RM by all and sundry. And Arnav's past being him demons. Do I like it, not really. Do I want my pound of flesh, well, it would be nice to show that abject behavior has consequences. But, then again, maybe I am hoping do too much. 

At this time, I'll be happy if they show that dadi's attitudes are so wrong, and that they need to be changed. Coz I believe that even shining a light on the issue is one step in the right direction. 

Thank you for the post and the PM! 

P.S. I'm usually not online these times, and hence sporadic in my comments on other posts. Please accept apologies. 
Hi JTM long time no see
Hope you are well.

Congratulations and well done on being a good daughter
Your parents are sound and sane people to have instilled such values in you
To juggle both aspects is not easy but you seem to have accomplished it

I shudder at some MILs. I would have run away from home I think
At the best of times I am not good at being dictated to
I am very much my own person
That does not mean I disrespect but I do not bow down to anyone

Lets hope some good will materialise from the horrendous dadi's presence
We can but hope

Hey Annie! 

Thanks. 

Have been having health issues. Hence sporadic here. Thank you. 

Now, after being married, and having a child of my own, and living on my own, I won't tolerate this either. When I was younger, it was important to my parents. So I did it only for them. And I wasn't happy, but I made a choice. Confused

You are right, we can but hope that something good will come out of this... 

SeerialLoopsenigma17

Ash95 IF-Dazzler
Ash95
Ash95

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
r

Go to top