Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Arise, Advance and Proceed Arnav Singh Raizaada (Page 3)

SeerialLoops IF-Rockerz
SeerialLoops
SeerialLoops

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by enigma17

Originally posted by soniachammu

am sorry to repeat this coz time and again i have seen this happen it at my own house where my in law terms the servant and the other caste or religion people as low lifes

sorry to burst the bubble but the truth is everyday common man faces this
I shall blow another bubble and venture to say that I still keep in touch with my  ex housekeeper. I visit her often as she is now riddled with arthritis and I care about her
When she was with me I used to enjoy many an hour whiling my time talking to her  having a cup of tea and cakes
I am so glad I live in a society where I am eternally grateful to someone like her who kept my sanity intact and managed a very key and vital role in the running of my household leaving me free to pursue other aspects of my life
She was a life saver

Annie,
Love you love you love you and we already know you are this sweet of a human being. 

This is the problem I have.  When something regressive and cringe worthy is shown on TV, people immediately rise up and say it happens in real life.  My peeve is why are always only bad things highlighted and glorified and the good deeds never given their due importance.  Why is it not shown or the loop closed that bad things are bad.  If bad things are shown to highlight the plight of such behaviour, why not show the consequences or the good side of people who stand up to it.  If the answer is this is not a social message driven serial, then it should hold true for showing bad things as well.  If it is not a social message driven serial, why highlight the bad stuff that happens in society then.

If anyone in my family, doesn't matter if it is my own family, elders or in-laws.  If the treat another human being shabbily because of their education or caste or social strata, I can guarantee you I will not be on speaking terms with them.  I have a set of values and a set of rights and wrongs my parents and grandparents gave me.  It includes respecting your elders.  But does not mean, I will bow down to elders who behave like Dadi does.  I would just remove myself from situations where I have to interact or bear such people.  Being the elder does not give anyone the right to mistreat anyone.  And when an elder does, they lose the right to be respected as an elder because, they are not showing the right path to the people who are younger to them in age and look up to them to learn lifes good and bad.

Excuse any typos...

Edited by stafhtad - 07 August 2012 at 11:27am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71zenjoeEvocativeDrwhoJayneAmazingAmyJaponicaenigma17JerryTheMouseFairyLiquidSoapOmNaMaSteOmCandYlicious_S

CravingKhana IF-Sizzlerz
CravingKhana
CravingKhana

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:17am | IP Logged
r ...what i am on third pageAngry

Edited by CravingKhana - 07 August 2012 at 11:17am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Japonicaenigma17FairyLiquidSoap

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jayne

As you say, Enig/A, key word is 'society'.

The one in most of India (and the south-east, really) sees things in very archaic terms and does not see any reason to change centuries-old tradition even when the tradition was flawed to begin with.
Any dissent is beaten down int he name of 'respecting elders'.

And dissenters are either married off, packed off to relatives, or sent/go abroad. 
Most of those in the latter category, unfortunately hobnob with a 'country' crowd abroad and find themselves ensnared in even stricter interpretations of keeping up appearances among 'country' people.

The few, the very lucky few, manage to carve a life for themselves on their own terms.

Jayne
I  feel rather sad that in this day and age we stiil segregate people. Just because someone is less fortunate then us does that make them any the less a human being?
Surely not
Surely its the integrity, honesty and tthe valiant effort in making something of oneself that matters an should be encouraged
As I said I am rather glad to live in this particular society that I belong to

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

JaponicaJayneSeerialLoopsTeeshaFairyLiquidSoap

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CravingKhana

r ...what i am on third pageAngry
That you areBig smile
enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stafhtad

Originally posted by enigma17

Originally posted by soniachammu

am sorry to repeat this coz time and again i have seen this happen it at my own house where my in law terms the servant and the other caste or religion people as low lifes

sorry to burst the bubble but the truth is everyday common man faces this
I shall blow another bubble and venture to say that I still keep in touch with my  ex housekeeper. I visit her often as she is now riddled with arthritis and I care about her
When she was with me I used to enjoy many an hour whiling my time talking to her  having a cup of tea and cakes
I am so glad I live in a society where I am eternally grateful to someone like her who kept my sanity intact and managed a very key and vital role in the running of my household leaving me free to pursue other aspects of my life
She was a life saver

Annie,
Love you love you love you and we already know you are this sweet of a human being. 

This is the problem I have.  When something regressive and cringe worthy is shown on TV, people immediately rise up and say it happens in real life.  My peeve is why are always only bad things highlighted and glorified and the good deeds never given its due importance.  Why is it not shown or the loop closed that bad things are bad.  If bad things are shown to highlight the plight of such behaviour, why not show the consequences or the good side of people who stand up to it.  if the answer is this is not a social message driven serial, then it should hold true for showing bad things as well.  If it is not a social message drive serial, why highlight what happens in society then.

If anyone in my family, doesn't matter if it is my own family, elders or in-laws.  If the treat another human being shabbily because of their education or caste or social starta, I can guarantee you I will not be on speaking terms with them.  I have a set of values and a set of right and wrongs my parents and grandparetns gave me.  it includes respecting your elders.  But does not mean, I will bow down to elders who behave like Dadi does.  I would just remove myself from situations where I have to interact or bear such people.  Being the elder does not give anyone the right to mistreat anyone.  And when an elder does, they lose the right to be respected as an elder because, they are not showing the right path to the people who are younger to them in age and look up to them to learn lifes good and bad.

Excuse any typos...
Hear! Hear!
Three cheers for you Sudha
I am thrilled to read your post
Absolutely delights and warms my heart
People should be treated with respect and due diligence irrespective of their age, status, creed, colour, race and religion
No one has the right to automatic respect , its has to be earned
My parents values have rubbed off on me
My father was very much against mistreating another fellow human being
My mother was exactly the same

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazingAmyJerryTheMouseSeerialLoopsFairyLiquidSoapOmNaMaSteOm

Jayne IF-Dazzler
Jayne
Jayne

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stafhtad

Annie,

This is the problem I have.  When something regressive and cringe worthy is shown on TV, people immediately rise up and say it happens in real life.  My peeve is why are always only bad things highlighted and glorified and the good deeds never given its due importance.  Why is it not shown or the loop closed that bad things are bad.  If bad things are shown to highlight the plight of such behaviour, why not show the consequences or the good side of people who stand up to it.  if the answer is this is not a social message driven serial, then it should hold true for showing bad things as well.  If it is not a social message drive serial, why highlight what happens in society then.

If anyone in my family, doesn't matter if it is my own family, elders or in-laws.  If the treat another human being shabbily because of their education or caste or social starta, I can guarantee you I will not be on speaking terms with them.  I have a set of values and a set of right and wrongs my parents and grandparetns gave me.  it includes respecting your elders.  But does not mean, I will bow down to elders who behave like Dadi does.  I would just remove myself from situations where I have to interact or bear such people.  Being the elder does not give anyone the right to mistreat anyone.  And when an elder does, they lose the right to be respected as an elder because, they are not showing the right path to the people who are younger to them in age and look up to them to learn lifes good and bad.

Excuse any typos...

Staf,
The only real breakthrough I have found, is to be financially independent.
And by that I mean holding a job of one's own (or lucky enough with a trust fund) so that one can live life as one chooses.

Most of us, whom I would place in the 'dissenters' category, I am sure, have been accused of not respecting family values, or traditions, or elders, or being a know-it-all, or too big for her britches, etc.
Sticks and stones, my friend.
(Though they do hurt if they come from immediate family).
Still, I've discovered that financial independence also gleans respect from those very people, too.
The option to walk away is always there for us.

People like, Khushi - and I do not like her character since the marriage days ; martyrs never appeal to me Confused- ask to be abused and taken-advantage of. Its as much a victim mentality they have because in spite of proof around them that the world is different, clinging to the very family that yokes them is more important to them.

Jayne

Edited by Jayne - 07 August 2012 at 11:27am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71zenjoeAmazingAmyJerryTheMouseSeerialLoopsFairyLiquidSoapOmNaMaSteOm

asha... IF-Rockerz
asha...
asha...

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:30am | IP Logged

I've updated... ;)

Lameness alert... LOL
CDlove IF-Rockerz
CDlove