Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Arise, Advance and Proceed Arnav Singh Raizaada (Page 2)

CDlove IF-Rockerz
CDlove
CDlove

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:55am | IP Logged

A big hello to you Annie !

While the damsel who is always distressed and the depiction of the female protagonist in the lights of sorrow, heart break, derogation and degradation comes hand in hand if you opt to watch an Indian prime time serial, the reality of the show cannot be overlooked.

I was discussing the show with a friend of mine and we both agreed on the fact that the portrayal of males (in south Asian region mainly) is quite accurate. The underlying current of a male centered society has always been and will always be there in our region and with the lack of feelings and unsympathetic nonchalant attitude depicted by the male protagonist regarding some of the plights the female protagonist had been through, is quite an accurate way of showing this.  

It comes with the culture, set of values that's been inherited from generation to generation, the principles and traditions growing up in such a society had instilled in us that man is better and hence needs to be treated with veneration. There is always that undercurrent - man is superior to woman.

That's exactly what's been portrayed in ASR and even Akash. Throwing their weight around their women,  not owing up to their mistakes and generally treating them in not the same way as they would treat another man shows the skewed balance in the household. What's practiced inside the house hold goes a few times magnified into the society and structure of it and rest assured we see it everywhere.

Now the class and cast depiction is also some what accurate. There are still many who practise the cast difference and harbours cast-class mentality. Especially in the rural India, it is still a big problem. Take a peep at the Satyameva Jayate Forum and you will come across many such topics that's been discussed extensively.

All in all Im not too surprised by the way they portray the skewed relations between males and females, rich and poor class-cast mentality.

Not that I approve of it. Sigh. we need to uproot whole of society to get rid of it.

Edited by CDlove - 07 August 2012 at 11:36am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71crazynainaDrwhoAmazingAmyAsh95enigma17SeerialLoopsJerryTheMouseOmNaMaSteOmFairyLiquidSoap

soniachammu Senior Member
soniachammu
soniachammu

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:01am | IP Logged
am sorry to repeat this coz time and again i have seen this happen it at my own house where my in law terms the servant and the other caste or religion people as low lifes

sorry to burst the bubble but the truth is everyday common man faces this

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

crazynainaAsh95Drwhoenigma17

Evocative Senior Member
Evocative
Evocative

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Hi AnnieSmile

Before I proceed, I have to make sure you don't forget me for the third time. I'm Suma, the latest entrant into your pontificating home(yes, uninvited like the various oddballs at RM
LOL)

I'll now talk about a very salient point,the crux of the matter.All the questions you've asked stem from this particular fact.

In the Indian television scenario there is one and only one time-tested rule to garner TRP's- Harass the female lead as much as you can. Make her suffer at the hands of literally every character in the serial barring one/two good souls. The more she cries the more TRP's you get. And when you think she's cried enough, through in some romance with the male lead. This is the mantra to the success of a daily soap.

Because here the target audience is not the 2% internet-savvy and progressive audience like us but the aunties and saas bahu's in the rural,semi-urban and urban areas who watch serials just to cry along with the heroine, sympathise with her but who never ever harbour even a single thought against the injustice meted out to her. All they want to see is their daily dose of drama which they get in plenty when the heroine is being treated like s**t. And the writers and makers just cash in on this fact.

There is absolutely no originality in any of the serials currently being dished out in all the channels. It's just old wine in new bottles and to delude ourselves that this one may be different is foolishness, methinks.

Now that that is out of the way, I'll focus about the only positive in today's episode - ASR standing up for his wifey dearest. Although 'Redemption' is not in sight anytime now, the fact that he chose to side with her going against his dadi is a huge step for Arnav. And him acknowledging to Khushi that the blame of their marriage rests solely on him has redeemed him in my eyes to a certain extent. It'll now be the only saving grace for this already battered drama. I for one am more interested in watching Arnav support Khushi than the revelations of the skeletons in the family's long-forgotten chest.

P.S - Sorry for the late update!! internet issuesBig smile

Edited by Evocative - 07 August 2012 at 11:03pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71crazynainazenjoeAsh95DrwhoAmazingAmyenigma17SeerialLoopsFairyLiquidSoap

SeerialLoops IF-Rockerz
SeerialLoops
SeerialLoops

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Updated page 1

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Evocativeenigma17

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by soniachammu

am sorry to repeat this coz time and again i have seen this happen it at my own house where my in law terms the servant and the other caste or religion people as low lifes

sorry to burst the bubble but the truth is everyday common man faces this
I shall blow another bubble and venture to say that I still keep in touch with my  ex housekeeper. I visit her often as she is now riddled with arthritis and I care about her
When she was with me I used to enjoy many an hour whiling my time talking to her  having a cup of tea and cakes
I am so glad I live in a society where I am eternally grateful to someone like her who kept my sanity intact and managed a very key and vital role in the running of my household leaving me free to pursue other aspects of my life
She was a life saver

zenjoeDrwhoAmazingAmyAsh95JaponicaJerryTheMouseSeerialLoopsTeeshaOmNaMaSteOmCandYlicious_S

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stafhtad

Res
Darn you Swathi !!!

Ok.  Since the first beauty is a no show, this silver medalist beauty will take the gold medal as well and give you her 2 Kb thoughts.

What did Kushi ever do.
I will have to do this through GIFS.  Not sure if I will succeed.  If I don't.
Below is the target = kushi

Now all others are darts.

Ofcourse ASR can only hit the Inner most circle.  Shyma the next one.  Dadi the next one.  Mami the next one and so an so forth.

Does the target ever mind the darts.  No.  It was made for target practice.  So where is the chance to complain.  It is the targets birth right to be darted on.  So all though when the darts hit and may make holes in her being, it is all but part of her existence.

Will add more later on...

No question she is a target!
A target who soaks it all up
A target who simply keeps coming back for more
A target who never says die but rises and stands in front of the next onslaught of missiles
Strange human behaviour without a doubt

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Ash95JaponicaSeerialLoopsFairyLiquidSoapOmNaMaSteOm

Jayne IF-Dazzler
Jayne
Jayne

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:15am | IP Logged
As you say, Enig/A, key word is 'society'.

The one in most of India (and the south-east, really) sees things in very archaic terms and does not see any reason to change centuries-old tradition even when the tradition was flawed to begin with.
Any dissent is beaten down int he name of 'respecting elders'.

And dissenters are either married off, packed off to relatives, or sent/go abroad. 
Most of those in the latter category, unfortunately hobnob with a 'country' crowd abroad and find themselves ensnared in even stricter interpretations of keeping up appearances among 'country' people.

The few, the very lucky few, manage to carve a life for themselves on their own terms.

Jayne

pdj_71zenjoeEvocativeDrwhoAmazingAmyJaponicaenigma17SeerialLoopsJerryTheMouseFairyLiquidSoap

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stafhtad

Updated page 1
Thank you and I have respondedSmile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SeerialLoopsFairyLiquidSoap

Go to top