catch you all later back to the grindstone then home puja et al
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by FairyLiquidSoap

hey onu sweetsπŸ€—
yes it would be lovely on janmashtmi
oh its a national holiday for this festival ? we have to work😭
sweetie you are speaking on behalf of me also i too have no lifeπŸ˜†
on a coffee break and what do i do  catch upon mail post and reply

Yes, it izz indeed a national holiday. I heard national banks are closed. We are open but my department has the day off. πŸ˜ƒ I don't mind. So i wont complain.

Enjoy the horrible coffee from the coffee machine. Or the horrible cardamom tea. Or the plain horrible tea. Or are you drowning yourself in the free cola? πŸ˜†
Edited by bong.girl - 11 years ago
Originally posted by bong.girl

Yes, it izz indeed a national holiday. I heard national banks are closed. We are open but my department has the day off. πŸ˜ƒ I don't mind. So i wont complain.

Enjoy the horrible coffee from the coffee machine. Or the horrible cardamom tea. Or the plain horrible tea. Or are you drowning yourself in the free cola? πŸ˜†
mornin all...Swathi Onu...my pretty ladies...
Onu is it all go then...oh and a really good round up...as i said  b4 when asked who is daadi it is shyamu in disguise...may be cos i miss my bad arse so much i will settle for this female one...daadi does have acting balls...

btw girs..i ma sipping my home brewed...ahemmm home beans crushed...coffee...(evil smile)...

Janmashitami is today...
Good morning Tangy! You certainly know how to do a Rub -Away in style! πŸ˜†

Shyam  doing a la "Mrs Doubtfire"? πŸ˜†
Originally posted by CravingKhana

mornin all...Swathi Onu...my pretty ladies...
Onu is it all go then...oh and a really good round up...as i said  b4 when asked who is daadi it is shyamu in disguise...may be cos i miss my bad arse so much i will settle for this female one...daadi does have acting balls...

btw girs..i ma sipping my home brewed...ahemmm home beans crushed...coffee...(evil smile)...

Janmashitami is today...
tangy good morning
Tangy and Onu
ah am a coffee connossieur and like good cup of jave so have me own little filter kapi machine that dispenses enough decoction for a couple of heavenly doses my one bit of luxury in the office i cannot stand that insipid brew that is dispensed 🀒
yes today is janmashtami and asr will be winking sigh thinking of last year IPKKND what a fall from grace
EDIT
Sudha love i see you and hugs to you  will catch up later logging off now
Edited by FairyLiquidSoap - 11 years ago
Swathi, Tangy, Onu,
Was catching up on posts and looks like I pressed few likes, you saw me coming and you ran away!!!
What me, melodramatic?
No ya!!
Me going sniffle and all the Kushis of the world will come running playing songs from the 30s...

And my family says I am made out of stone.  Some of those lovely dimwits in my family cried during Devdas(the SLB wala) climax.  They cried so much and all I could do was laugh.  But, maybe there is something to crying.  So me trying.πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰
Edited by stafhtad - 11 years ago

Originally posted by bong.girl

Manju, I got to disagree with you here, my friend. You have no idea which century we Indians are living in. The practice of untouchablity is still very much alive and practised not only in rural India but also in urban cities of India. It is rather a sad and ugly truth. The caste-ism is very much prevalent here.

Characters like Dadi are found almost everywhere. They are snotty and irrational to say the least. They are also found in the guise of MILs. They have no compunction is giving their DILs a piece of their minds even if they are from the same caste and community. Heaven forbid if their precious son marries  a girl who is belonging to a lower caste which is always against the family's wishes then all hell breaks loose.

When it comes to marriage in India, one must marry within the community and someone from the same caste. So caste and community play a big role here in marriages. Inter caste marriages or even inter community marriages are almost unthinkable. Only a small percentage of the Indian population has liberating, modern views. And even smaller percentage is actually gutsy enough to do something revolutionary  because sadly most in spite of good education and modern outlook towards life bow down to the orthodox and traditional views of their family. Most men in India are spineless. They are still Mama's boys and are not "man" enough to stand up against the opposition.

But I definitely agree about the maids ruling over the house part. It is 100% true. The household is in utter chaos if they don't turn up for work. They have their own demands and work according to their own whims. One must bow down to their wishes, if you want them to work for you.

Onu darling, believe me, I have seen and experienced the worst in Indian society, (I dont want to wash my dirty linen in public), but I dont let that coIour my outlook. So darling dont be too harsh on Indian men, they are changing for the better! Centuries of tradition cannot be totally wiped out in the blink of an eye. And discrimination against women was not confined to India, it was rampant the world over.  

I can say I am very lucky to have been born in such a forward thinking accommodating family with such a progressive outlook. My own brother has married outside the community and language! Several of my cousins both male and female have married people from different communities, languages and my uncle married a girl from a different religion (both were students at IIT Mumbai)about 30 years ago! But I accept there are all kinds of people. Ultimately it depends on the individual and inappropriate behaviour cannot be justified.

I wish the serials did not keep clinging on to such outdated and frankly irrational ideas in the name of entertainment!

They did not need to bring in a malevolent dadi to bring out the lover in ASR, but they did... 
Now I must go, catch up in the evening darlings!

Bye bye!
Hiya All,
I am logging off too.  I possibly will not be able to post again until few days.
I am going to be busy with work and life outside of IF.
So please have a good weekend and have fun.
Will see you again sometime next week.
I will log in through my phone and try to like posts, but probably will not be able to reply.
Ladies, πŸ€—,

What exactly happened today? 

I am too astounded!

Khushi is having amnesia? What in God's name happened to the 6 month contract?