Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Arise, Advance and Proceed Arnav Singh Raizaada - Page 6

enigma17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: zenjoe

Whoa! Annie you asked too many questions! I am incapable of answering many since I am now watching the show strictly on episode basis and I liked today's 23 minutes enough to speak my mind. I have given up on Khushi, the CVs, even ASR; anything positive is now a welcome change from the frequent crap. IPK is making me practice one more nirvana gyan- Live in the present momentπŸ˜†

ASR rising to the occasion was a 'finally dude, you woke up to your manhood' moment. His acceptance of the fact that his marriage to Khushi was not her fault and that he forced her into it was a little too late. Nonetheless, it came and I am glad. I think that was a 'sorry' from him and I don't expect anything more from his so called 'redemption' (after bashing, this is one word I SO dislike!)

Daadi seems to have supported Arnav's father in his wrongdoings and may have meted out injustice to 'woh aurat' she mentioned repeatedly. So yeah, she could be party to ASR's hurtful past.

Star Plus one moment brings out an episode against untouchability and caste system in Satyamev Jayate and the other moment it brings out the same issue on one of it's prime time shows in this way!πŸ˜• Nayi Soch it is and I shall leave it at that!😲

I shall share more as and when my mind can churn out some sense πŸ˜Š

Hi zenjoe😊

How else am I going to learn if I don't ask the pertinent questions!!πŸ˜›
 I am convinced there will be no redemption nor any remorse
This story is gathering momento to expose the blighted past that has this family trapped in this manner of reprehensible behaviour

Please do continue sharing!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JerryTheMouse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: enigma17

Hi JTM long time no see
Hope you are well.

Congratulations and well done on being a good daughter
Your parents are sound and sane people to have instilled such values in you
To juggle both aspects is not easy but you seem to have accomplished it

I shudder at some MILs. I would have run away from home I think
At the best of times I am not good at being dictated to
I am very much my own person
That does not mean I disrespect but I do not bow down to anyone

Lets hope some good will materialise from the horrendous dadi's presence
We can but hope

Hey Annie! 

Thanks. 

Have been having health issues. Hence sporadic here. Thank you. 

Now, after being married, and having a child of my own, and living on my own, I won't tolerate this either. When I was younger, it was important to my parents. So I did it only for them. And I wasn't happy, but I made a choice. πŸ˜•

You are right, we can but hope that something good will come out of this... 
Tennessean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Hi Annie and everybody,

Awesome post and I love the title. It was a clash of titans for sure. (By the way, Titans is our state's official football team's name, so I love that name)

1) A big round of applause for Naniji for telling Dadiji about responsibilities today. She was absolutely right in saying that ASR and Anji were her responsibilities. She just nailed it today.πŸ‘Three⭐️⭐️⭐️ for Naniji- woman of the day.

2) A big round of applause for ASR for telling Dadiji that he tried to meet her so many times but she just shunted him. She didn't want to see his face and now why is she asking these questions? πŸ‘πŸ‘ for ASR too.

3) I loved how he admitted to KKGSR that she is not to be blamed for this marriage. 😊 Haven't we waited for this moment? However, I just loved it more when he went up and stood up next to KKGSR when Dadiji was talking. That was rude but rudeness beateth rudeness here. After that, the dialogue which ASR gave in favor of KKGSR was my favorite moment.  πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ KKGSR's expressions were superb at this moment and the way she looked at his face was πŸ˜‰

NK was sweet as usual and what a friend he has been to KKGSR.πŸ‘

Looks like we are finally going to know about ASR's past.
Well, the good thing is he doesn't have to deal with it all alone. He has KKGSR at his side who will help him to deal with this nightmare.

enigma17 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: JerryTheMouse

Hey Annie! 

Thanks. 

Have been having health issues. Hence sporadic here. Thank you. 

Now, after being married, and having a child of my own, and living on my own, I won't tolerate this either. When I was younger, it was important to my parents. So I did it only for them. And I wasn't happy, but I made a choice. πŸ˜•

You are right, we can but hope that something good will come out of this... 

Hope you are on the road to recovery.
Congratulations on your marriage and the baby
A very good philosophy to adhere to
Take care
Pop in and say hello when you can
enigma17 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Tennessean

Hi Annie and everybody,

Awesome post and I love the title. It was a clash of titans for sure. (By the way, Titans is our state's official football team's name, so I love that name)

1) A big round of applause for Naniji for telling Dadiji about responsibilities today. She was absolutely right in saying that ASR and Anji were her responsibilities. She just nailed it today.πŸ‘Three⭐️⭐️⭐️ for Naniji- woman of the day.

2) A big round of applause for ASR for telling Dadiji that he tried to meet her so many times but she just shunted him. She didn't want to see his face and now why is she asking these questions? πŸ‘πŸ‘ for ASR too.

3) I loved how he admitted to KKGSR that she is not to be blamed for this marriage. 😊 Haven't we waited for this moment? However, I just loved it more when he went up and stood up next to KKGSR when Dadiji was talking. That was rude but rudeness beateth rudeness here. After that, the dialogue which ASR gave in favor of KKGSR was my favorite moment.  πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ KKGSR's expressions were superb at this moment and the way she looked at his face was πŸ˜‰

NK was sweet as usual and what a friend he has been to KKGSR.πŸ‘

Looks like we are finally going to know about ASR's past.
Well, the good thing is he doesn't have to deal with it all alone. He has KKGSR at his side who will help him to deal with this nightmare.

Thank you T😊
Knowing nothing about football , are the Titans any good?

Sounds like you enjoyed today's episode
I am yet to watch with subtitles
Read the written update

It does seem like the story is about to unfold about ASR's past
Dadi seems to have been a big part of this upheaval
ASR does not seem to like his father much
Interesting times ahead of us
Tennessean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you T😊
Knowing nothing about football , are the Titans any good?

Sounds like you enjoyed today's episode
I am yet to watch with subtitles
Read the written update

It does seem like the story is about to unfold about ASR's past
Dadi seems to have been a big part of this upheaval
ASR does not seem to like his father much
Interesting times ahead of us

Annie,

The Tennessee Titans used to rock at one time and we even reached the finals of NFL (National Football League) but haven't been doing great lately. The players who made the difference have retired so it's an uphill task but we love the team for sure.
Coming back to the show, ASR becomes a different person when his dad is mentioned and he can't seem to forget that one night. They keep on showing the flashback of that night. It appears as if half his bitterness is due to that night. Just a guess here. I am just glad that the story is moving forward.

zenjoe thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Jayne

Staf,
The only real breakthrough I have found, is to be financially independent.
And by that I mean holding a job of one's own (or lucky enough with a trust fund) so that one can live life as one chooses.

Most of us, whom I would place in the 'dissenters' category, I am sure, have been accused of not respecting family values, or traditions, or elders, or being a know-it-all, or too big for her britches, etc.
Sticks and stones, my friend.
(Though they do hurt if they come from immediate family).
Still, I've discovered that financial independence also gleans respect from those very people, too.
The option to walk away is always there for us.

People like, Khushi - and I do not like her character since the marriage days ; martyrs never appeal to me πŸ˜•- ask to be abused and taken-advantage of. Its as much a victim mentality they have because in spite of proof around them that the world is different, clinging to the very family that yokes them is more important to them.

Jayne

LOVED your post! Simply AWESOMEπŸ‘ I so want to increase the font size of the capitalised words but even that won't express how much I loved your post. πŸ˜ƒ The underlined part of your post is a truth of life I have seen closely. The very family that one gives away one's life to (just as Khushi does) are the people who'll question about one's contribution in their lives. They do appreciate and respect the financial independence later on but by the time one chooses to make a life for oneself, the contributing member feels cheated and hurt on the family's response. 

Yes, being your own person and financial independence is the key to create and live a meaningful life as per one's values and principles.
Thanks for this post; Loved each and every word from it.
enigma17 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Tennessean

Annie,

The Tennessee Titans used to rock at one time and we even reached the finals of NFL (National Football League) but haven't been doing great lately. The players who made the difference have retired so it's an uphill task but we love the team for sure.
Coming back to the show, ASR becomes a different person when his dad is mentioned and he can't seem to forget that one night. They keep on showing the flashback of that night. It appears as if half his bitterness is due to that night. Just a guess here. I am just glad that the story is moving forward.

Thank you T
Dadi might just be the answer to all the dark pasts of the Raizaadas.
Anjali seems fine with her , though

Dadi may have been the instigator for all we know
She is a dragon afterall
Fancy not liking Khushi
How could she!!
Evocative thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Hi Suma, Suma, SumaπŸ˜ƒ
I hope I have redeemed myself by addressing you three times in succession

You are very welcome to this thread
Writing with such eloquence is  amjor asset
So anytime your presence and posts are appreciated

This being my first Indian drama initially I had great expectations of the show
Gradually that expectation has been worn down and I am left feeling and wandering if its still the same show
Degradation, humiliation and cruelty seems to be a daily dose of this drama

I am looking forward to the storyline unfolding hopefully with an insight into what has troubled the Raizaada clan especially the siblings
Dadi I have no doubt garnered a big part in their sorrow
She is a pretty awful creature

Haha yes absolutely... Thanks for the welcome, Annie😊
I'm very happy that my insipid post sounded eloquent to you!

Since this is your first show it's not unnatural to have expected something splendid of it. Heck, even some of us who've experienced the so-called soapy dramas before expected a lot out of it  too.

But after witnessing how the show is progressing, I've come to the conclusion that no matter how promising a show might be in the beginning and in the succeeding few months, it cannot escape being stereotyped and made into the usual IL-making-the-girl-suffer drama. Pinning high hopes on it would just lead to disillusionment sooner or later. Better to watch each episode as a stand-alone and keep our sensibilities and brains in a safe, cool corner until we are done watching it.

I just hope the CV's show us an intriguing storyline wrt the siblings' past instead of the usual 'other-woman' drama. Some of the rumours floating around here are pretty weird. Khushi turning out to be arnav's half-sister is one of those🀒

Dadi's lost all my respect when her character was shown to treat servants like mud. No matter how saintly a role she may have played in the siblings' past, she'll always remain an awful,stuck-up old hag endorsing regressive beliefs to me.

(Sorry if my cynical post has watered down your enthusiasm for the show. Didn't mean it so😊)

Edited by Evocative - 11 years ago
CravingKhana thumbnail
Hey Annie and gals...a question that begs the answer