Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Thoughts on Redemption Hullabaloo! (Page 2)

-happilyunknown IF-Rockerz
-happilyunknown
-happilyunknown

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by laddoo598

Originally posted by -happilyunknown

Incredibly happy i got first page hereParty

OK now going to your post ...Hitler Dadi is a classic which i was too slow to think aboutLOL

Actually i am loving this track. Because we unlike a lot of others prefer "respect" over "redemption".Arnav is indeed a well executed character and just because of that all those people who are screaming for redemption right now would have gotten a the shock of their lives if they had shown a redemption sequence. Their hero wouldn't have been right and you might even be forced to wonder whether this is really ASR we are seeing on screen.

The most terrible part about ASR was his lack of respect for women other than his Di and Nani. But now i am seriously loving the way he is treating khushi. Its a perfect measure of love, care and respect <3

I could see the the desperation in his actions during the "i will take her back to RM" days itself so that prevented me from a lot of rising blood pressure problems :D

And yes Payal's hair piece reminds me of a cockatoo.

We are such a hard bunch to please Gayathri. Heck, if ASR is bit too mushy and soft, we raise hue and cry over how his character is loosing his zeal, imagine what the reaction would have been if he cried a river, or drunk his life away as an excuse for "Redemption"..LOL I just don't see him doing that stuff, you know. He is a man who makes mistakes, a lot of them, and if he chose to cry over them, then our hot shot hero would be a sissy wimp in no time. I am very happy at the way the writers are tackling this. At the end of the day, these are their characters, they know these characters better than we will ever know them. And kudos to them for reforming ASR's ways without reducing him to your typical SP wimp hero. Slow and steady is the way to go, whats the fun in a simple sorry, let him prove through his actions. Words will come too, he has already admitted not trusting Khushi was the biggest mistake of his life in front of Nani and Khushi, he has apologized to Khushi for hurting her, and today he told her all the blame for their wedding lies with him. Now if that is not redemption, then what is?

It really amazes me that you still remember my name ya noe? Kudos to your memoryLOL

You know what would be the biggest redemption from his side would be? I want him to tell her about himself. About his past, his fears. I think that is something which can be done without going mushy or over board :) The moment they show something like that on the show i would consider all his mistakes as erased.

Becasue each and every insult aimed at her was because he wanted to hide something. He hid his attraction, then his love, his insecurities and now its the pain of his past. By revealing this he has to get past the habit of "abusing to cover up"

The CV's have really done an idiotic thing by making ASR such a strong and stable character ya noe? The watchers are so absorbed to that character. The intensity depends upon people. But half of the people will realize when something about the character goes off. They might not think enough to know the reason but there is no doubt that they will realize it.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dorindakateladdoo598

_TheJoker- IF-Stunnerz
_TheJoker-
_TheJoker-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:47am | IP Logged
res!
want to bash dadi that i missed the first page buah!! ROFL

edited---

ok i so loved your post! three cheers.. rightly said about the redeem ASR fever going on in the forum..i too want to say a thing.. lastly i asked my mom (just to make sure that the maturity asks for which kind of redemption) that Arnav never said sorry to her for what he did.. dont you think he should.. she laughed and told me that because he knows sorry isnt enough and he did much more than saying a sorry.. so ya! you see you always dont need hero licking heroines foot plus Khushi would have even let him too! this is probably the best redemption!
agree that what we thought to be wooing was never wooing.. he wanted her to be back.. close with him so that he can actually make her realize that he loves her and this contract means no importance.. not by words by his actions he is doing so!
thirdly hating this dadi to the core! but loving her too.. cause the powerful appearance has bring "something" which was lost!
and now the last scene was to die for! Smile
nothing to say about SobtiEmbarrassed he just rocks and yes i too dont wanna eat my words Cv's! Confused

Edited by -Delicious_BS- - 07 August 2012 at 11:12am

dorindakateladdoo598

laddoo598 IF-Sizzlerz
laddoo598
laddoo598

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:52am | IP Logged

OK now going to your post ...Hitler Dadi is a classic which i was too slow to think aboutLOL

Actually i am loving this track. Because we unlike a lot of others prefer "respect" over "redemption".Arnav is indeed a well executed character and just because of that all those people who are screaming for redemption right now would have gotten a the shock of their lives if they had shown a redemption sequence. Their hero wouldn't have been right and you might even be forced to wonder whether this is really ASR we are seeing on screen.

The most terrible part about ASR was his lack of respect for women other than his Di and Nani. But now i am seriously loving the way he is treating khushi. Its a perfect measure of love, care and respect <3

I could see the the desperation in his actions during the "i will take her back to RM" days itself so that prevented me from a lot of rising blood pressure problems :D

We are such a hard bunch to please Gayathri. Heck, if ASR is bit too mushy and soft, we raise hue and cry over how his character is loosing his zeal, imagine what the reaction would have been if he cried a river, or drunk his life away as an excuse for "Redemption"..LOL I just don't see him doing that stuff, you know. He is a man who makes mistakes, a lot of them, and if he chose to cry over them, then our hot shot hero would be a sissy wimp in no time. I am very happy at the way the writers are tackling this. At the end of the day, these are their characters, they know these characters better than we will ever know them. And kudos to them for reforming ASR's ways without reducing him to your typical SP wimp hero. Slow and steady is the way to go, whats the fun in a simple sorry, let him prove through his actions. Words will come too, he has already admitted not trusting Khushi was the biggest mistake of his life in front of Nani and Khushi, he has apologized to Khushi for hurting her, and today he told her all the blame for their wedding lies with him. Now if that is not redemption, then what is?

It really amazes me that you still remember my name ya noe? Kudos to your memoryLOL

You know what would be the biggest redemption from his side would be? I want him to tell her about himself. About his past, his fears. I think that is something which can be done without going mushy or over board :) The moment they show something like that on the show i would consider all his mistakes as erased.

Becasue each and every insult aimed at her was because he wanted to hide something. He hid his attraction, then his love, his insecurities and now its the pain of his past. By revealing this he has to get past the habit of "abusing to cover up"

The CV's have really done an idiotic thing by making ASR such a strong and stable character ya noe? The watchers are so absorbed to that character. The intensity depends upon people. But half of the people will realize when something about the character goes off. They might not think enough to know the reason but there is no doubt that they will realize it.

Arrey its a name yaar, why would I forget it??LOL

Yes, love him or hate him, can't ignore him. There is a reason why this guy is the most discussed character of this show..LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dorindakate-Mistletoe--happilyunknown

pixiegirl IF-Sizzlerz
pixiegirl
pixiegirl

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Updated my post on pg. 1 for what its worth :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

laddoo598

manjha IF-Rockerz
manjha
manjha

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:55am | IP Logged
updatedd on page 1 Big smile

Edited by -Jen- - 07 August 2012 at 10:54am

laddoo598

-happilyunknown IF-Rockerz
-happilyunknown
-happilyunknown

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:55am | IP Logged

Arrey its a name yaar, why would I forget it??LOL

Yes, love him or hate him, can't ignore him. There is a reason why this guy is the most discussed character of this show..LOL

The bashing pisses me of at times though. And there are certain people who seem like they are not fans of the show or the couple/show but of one particular actor/character.

Its really sick ya noe..:/ I dislike the forum at times when i see such posts.

laddoo598

GodhuliLogon IF-Sizzlerz
GodhuliLogon
GodhuliLogon

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:00am | IP Logged
nice post...

i agree to your P.S.. they just should not start another round of OTT comedy ...

dorindakateladdoo598

premparbat IF-Rockerz
premparbat
premparbat

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:06am | IP Logged
HI Ladoo,

I get to read all your insightful posts which have become very rare lately or maybe you have not been inspired enough to write daily.  Due to a time zone difference I do not get to respond to you but for some reason today everything seemed to click...my timing and a very good episode.

The last track , as far as I understood was - I have to WIN Khushi back and not WOO Khushi back.  All Arnie wanted was to have her back , by hook or by crook.  Did I misunderstand ?  Maybe we did hence his tactics of getting her back did not work for us. He never had a plan and neither does he have one for the remaining days of the contract.  It will have to be Khushi's decision in the end as to what she wants , will she want to fight for her marriage , even if she thinks her husband is a stranger at times or will she give up coz now added to the mix of  Anji not wanting her around , dadi too does not approve.   Arnie is playing his part on redemption ..will Khushi allow him to so  ...is to be seen.

The new dadi track..yesterday it seemed as a saas-bahu drama , though it may still head that way , what was needed was some one to challenge Arnie and question his decisions.  His quickie marriage , his throwing out Shyam ...and his past .  Today the biggest and the best revelation to me was about How Arnie has changed ?  Not only did he stand up for his wife he allowed her to enter his private territory of his thoughts . Everytime Khushi would talk to him and place a hand on is shoulder  , instictively I was looking for Arnie to shove her hand away...and that never happened.  What a change...and to take responsbility of the gunshot wedding to his and his only  is teh Arnie I have always wanted to see...

Terrific power packed episode and like you and most of us in the forum are crossing thier fingers that this is here to last and not jumping to comedy very soon.  I will not hold my breath for too long on that but lets wait and see.

Finally just a  persoanl bit (  Growing up I had a small teddy bear , chochcolate brown and extremly cuddly. I had named it ladoo...still have it...when I see your handle ..i am so reminded of it )  Just something silly i wanted to share.

Take care.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dorindakatemanjhapixiegirlladdoo598

Go to top