Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Crooner 1.17 :Grains of Reflection - Updated (Page 9)

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
lost my reserved post. Loved the episode, loved the crooner priya. All actors were amazing but BS stole the show. What expressions...makes one feel proud to follow a soap.

After today I don't even think there should be a remarriage. But, if it is there I would love that too.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shwetachauhanNandalalasubiscshoneypriya-Gan-

honeypriya IF-Sizzlerz
honeypriya
honeypriya

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by GanBarunFan

Priya: your quote and 1st part of the post just is so insightful.. I took me couple of reads to fully understand it...just beautiful. Agree with you about the screenplay and direction as also about the acting : highlight of the episode.I always look for your take about the episode as it connects me to the inner voice of the storyline and today was no exception.

Kabhi kabhi humein lagtha hai ki hum aapke bohat kareeb hai, aur kabhi aisa lagtha hai hum bilkul ajnabi hai...

Arnav-Khushi's journey hit a major milestone today. The gates of communication has been reached. It has not fully opened up but it has been unlocked. We see a wife reaching out to her husband to help her understand what's hurting him; vocalizing her need to 'understand him and his history. We see a husband putting aside his own turmoil, assuring her of no wrongdoing in their marriage which is at crosshair of conflict between Daadi and Arnav  . Tumari koi galthi nahi thi, meine tumhe majboor kiya shaadi ke liye He opens up to her about his Daadi, her stubbornness, her fixation with her own notions. A self-reflection maybe?  But the rawness of an open scab from wounds inflicted 14 yrs back  is evident in his inability to talk about it and his walking away from there.

Daadi- Arnav rules of engagement:Two people who are more similar than different. Both confident about themselves, their convictions. And both at loggerheads because of their past and present. She demands answers about his actions in the present and he refuses because of her 'abandonment' in the past. She reminds him that he's like his Dad whose actions still a sore point for him. She demands authority, respect because "haq banta hai hamara, riste se umar se'hum aapke Daadi hai..Aapke babuji ki amma'.he assures her of his respect for her but lets her know he'll never be like his dad,  "nahin main unke tara hoon..nahin main banunga"'. She prods him as her grandson. He replies as the man of the house : Dadi, shaayad apne teek se suna nahin,iss ghar mein unke (dad) baare mein baat karna mujhe Pasand nahi hai...

6 months back Arnav had promised Khushi that sindoor and Mangalsutra were all she's going to get from him as his wife'.he'd not give her the postion as his wife and threw her out of their room as he didn't want to deal having to breathe the same air as her. Today there is another threshold. Another gestural refusal by his Dadi to Khushi's role as Arnav's wife. Arnav crosses over the threshold of separation and goes and stands by his wife : Jahan meri patni ke liye jaga nahi hai, mujhe nahi lagtha waha meri koi zaroorath hai. A resounding message addressed at Dadi but affects his wife more . which was further confirmed by his 'Aapki maarzi" .  A reaffirmation by a husband that he'll stand by his wife like he did the other day when he threw Shyam out and said "I trust Khushi".

Other points of interest:

Mallik  DNA signature (LOL? ): pet peeve about people turning away before he/she finishes his/her sentence along with "Aukat" fixation too. Or mistaking  one KKG(-SR) to be something she's not while she slips around them Naani the matriarch: Making proper introduction of the bahus to the Daadi. Or stepping forward to help resolve  Daadi's refusal of Khushi as Bahu Or pointing out to Daadi about her abandonment of her grandchildren 14 yrs ago which has affected their present Or stepping in as the voice of reason trying to placate two sides of  Mallik v Raizada(Mallik) or smiling with pride when her Chotey declared his intension of standing by his wife
  • Manorama Maami the chameleon: who hides to avoid "gabbar Singh"Daadi and acts like one in front of her meek DIL.

Acting : Naani and Daadi ruled today. Finally there was one person who can share the screen space with ASR and not wilt to his overbearing personality, hi Daadi. And Sanaya's eyes spoke volumes as a bahu wanting acceptance at her in laws, as a caring wife reaching out to soothe her husbans or as a woman getting respect of a sahadharmini, by her husband in true sense for the 1st time.

And ASR gosh I've a feeling that the writer, script writer and the director they are all in in love with this character otherwise how come in 1 yr this character has remained so true with his vulnerability, straight forwardness, conviction in his beliefs and to stand up for it. I'm in awe with him today as I was the 1st time I saw him...and it's growing. What adjective do I add to Barun's acting that I haven't used before. How can you add perfection to Mr Epitome of Perfection. His undertoned acting reflecting under control anger, accusation, pain and, defiance during Arnav's standoff with Daadi or his raw vulnerability, pain and love during Arnav's scene with Khushi  made ASR feel more flesh and blood than a fictional character' the man who lives and breathes in this fictional character,Sobti you amaze me yet again!

An episode with small but significant moments, some having roots pain in the past while other with promises  of  better tomorrow.

Pic Credit: Shweta and Facebook

CONGRATS hd75(wish I knew your name)That post was so honest and touching! Fantastic!Clap
& my bondhu
Mou whose writing style is like her: funny but poignant! (wooing you dearWink)

Thanks G...loved tht u liked it...tumi jaano means a lot Smile

coming back awsm take...kichu na likhte parar ei result...Clap

Loved ur take on the scenes and also ur POV on the sindoor and mangalsutra...

the writers dont need to fall in love with him naye se...thts one character they have been consistent throughtout...and this was the moment I am sure sure the scratch of the 1st draft would have had it - his confrontation and self-reflection to the tunnels of past - interesting they introduced the father's mother to bring that effect out - makes my belief stronger - the father is going to be as strong a personality -and cant wait for that confrontation - senior Mallick and the mighty ASR..."unke jaisa kabhi nahi ho sakta" !!!!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

celaParshashwetachauhansubiscsDivya1503-Gan-sonia_1

srirao IF-Dazzler
srirao
srirao

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
@ Priya,,,u mean senior Mallik,dadi's betaji is alive,,,,???Confused,,,,whose death anniversary was it last year,,,,saw both parents photos,,??

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

subiscs-Gan-

-Gan- IF-Sizzlerz
-Gan-
-Gan-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Divya1503

What an apt title Priya di!!!Clap Clap Will be waiting for the update!!! Embarrassed

I totally loved the episode!!!!!!Heart Heart Heart  Arnav finally sees his dadi after 14 years(or 15??Confused)!!! I thought he'l be totally gussa par acha potha bankar dadi se aashirwaad liya!!!Embarrassed  I was confusia about that too.

When nani asked if she met everyone in the family, loved the way mami hid behind our NK!!! LOL LOL n wat does dadi mean by saying hamesha ki tarah galat jagah mein dhundat rahi hiConfused
 The faint smile on Arnav's face when nani called out for Khushi!!! one of the awww moments for me!!!Day Dreaming Mine too..
Day Dreaming

I dont want to talk abt dadi's reaction when she came to know Khushi is Arnav's wife!!! Dead Dead 

Oye Dadi!!!! U leave ur grandchildren with their nani n now come back from nowhere to blame our pyaari naniji!!!!Angry N u say no one answered ur questions abt Arnav's marriage n Anjali's pregnancy n ur pyaare daamad!!!! Did u even try to know!!!! Kisi se poochne ki taqleef kyu nahi kiya aapne!!!Dead You thought Khushi was the servant, thats ur problem!!! n when u came to know u're wrong, u r being gussa!!!! WHAT THE!!!!!Angry *phew* hogaya rant!!!D'oh sorry priya di for this one but can't help it!!!D'oh  Oh I loved you rant!!! esp the "oye dadi " and the "what the!!"ROFLROFL

Arnav going into the silent mode once again for some time! Will Khushi ever stop taking the blame for everything that goes wrong!!!!!Confused Confused N Arnav finally talks!!! Everytime he talks, I'm getting goosebumps these days!!!!!Icon Monkey Yoyo Finally he says it was his galti!!! Hope the redemption asking ppl r happy!!!!D'oh 
The every trait he explained abt dadi, I saw only ASR's traits there!!!!LOL Jaise dadi waisa potha!!! I was wondering how his dad wasStern Smile  same here ...and both with similar misgiving about Khushi...coincidence?Wink

N then enters THE ASR into the scene!!!!!Day Dreaming Day Dreaming hum sab present the Arnav tumhare shaadi pe!!!!!( I know I know its a PJ!!LOL LOL)ab aayi hai aap mujhse yeh sawaal poochne!!!! N y does everyone bring up the issue of his dad when he doesn't want to talk abt him!!!!Ouch pehle nani n now dadi!!!  that's funny LOL
N Payal!! U realise ki u shd've talked before itself!!! u r really fast at understanding things!!!!Clap Clap 
N NK u think a sorry can make a family like that a happy family!!!! I pity u!!!Monkey Winks

Loved the way nani tried to calm both dadi n arnav!!! N then comes Khushi!!! Aur phir se dadi ki haath uthgayi to stop her!!!Dialogue tho dadi bol rahi thi abt not going away when she's talking par mere dimaag mein chap gayi yeh ASR ka dialogue!!! Dont u dare walk away when I'm talking Khushi Kumari Gupta!!!! Day Dreaming Day Dreaming Mallik genes talking? WinkLOL

N then comes the epic dialogue!!!
"Jaha meri patni nahi aasakthi, mujhe nahi lagtha ki  meri wahi koyi zaroorat hai" 

ASR to u for that one line!!!!Monkey Icon Monkey Icon Monkey Icon

N the smile on naniji's face when Arnav said that!!! epic!!!!LOL n his aapki marzi was like in ur face dadi!!!!LOL LOL LOL

Precap, the return of nightmares!!! n the efforts of KKGSR to make ASR smile, woh bhi milega may be!!!Embarrassed 

Other thoughts:
- Both Barun Sobti n Swati Chitnis were just awesome in that face off!!!!!!! Monkey Winks Monkey Winks 
- Why meri nazar Khushi ke naye chappal se nahi hath ti!!!Stern Smile 
- The look on Khushi's face when Arnav said the epic line, Sanaya u were awesome!!!!Monkey Winks
- Gabbar singh jaisi dadi saas mili Khushi ko aur Payal ko itni bootiful lady mili saas ke roop mein par phir bhi Payal not happy!!!Stern Smile
- N did ASR's WHAT THE come from his dadi too?????Monkey Icon Cici

PS: This song not leaving my head from the time they played it on SBS!!! One of my all time favourites!!!

Divi sweetheart! LOVED you post...esp @red and put come of my bak bak next to them in black...

and like I always say : me in lubhsMonkey Icon with your Heartmonkeys . loved your take! and that song has been in my mind since morning too Day Dreaming

Edited by GanBarunFan - 07 August 2012 at 8:58pm

NandalalaDivya1503

honeypriya IF-Sizzlerz
honeypriya
honeypriya

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by showstruck

lost my reserved post. Loved the episode, loved the crooner priya. All actors were amazing but BS stole the show. What expressions...makes one feel proud to follow a soap.

After today I don't even think there should be a remarriage. But, if it is there I would love that too.
Thanks dear...awsm epi...

yess for me too, there is no need for remarriage...but ya hoga..kuch nahi to TRPs ke liye LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nandalalashowstrucksonia_1

-Gan- IF-Sizzlerz
-Gan-
-Gan-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by honeypriya

Thanks G...loved tht u liked it...tumi jaano means a lot Smile

coming back awsm take...kichu na likhte parar ei result...Clap

Loved ur take on the scenes and also ur POV on the sindoor and mangalsutra...

the writers dont need to fall in love with him naye se...thts one character they have been consistent throughtout...and this was the moment I am sure sure the scratch of the 1st draft would have had it - his confrontation and self-reflection to the tunnels of past - interesting they introduced the father's mother to bring that effect out - makes my belief stronger - the father is going to be as strong a personality -and cant wait for that confrontation - senior Mallick and the mighty ASR..."unke jaisa kabhi nahi ho sakta" !!!!

Thanks for liking my take. arey I just sat down and then pheelings took over Embarrassed still have 90 viewings left WinkLOL

So the father is alive you think? You know one bit I remeber from last years anniversary Puja...the garland on the parents pic falling off on one side...was that an indication of one of them being alive? wow!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sriraoNandalalasubiscsDivya1503sonia_1

honeypriya IF-Sizzlerz
honeypriya
honeypriya

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheAlk

Originally posted by honeypriya

Post cannot be quoted.

Fantastic Crooner Clap and what an apt title ! Absolutely Superb !
 Its such a pleasure to read the crooner everyday. 

There are no words to describe the brilliance & magic of Barun Sobti Wink

Thanksss so much dear...glad you liked the post...what a wonderful episode.

Barun was just outstanding last night...Star

Edited by honeypriya - 07 August 2012 at 8:48pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nandalala-Gan-sonia_1

-Gan- IF-Sizzlerz
-Gan-
-Gan-

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shybabe

Apt title Priya...Clap

hd75 congo my dearEmbarrassed

I already have  feeling that I am going to love Dadi..Embarrassed she is brutal..and I love BrutalWink

Coming to the episode:

How well you have a narrated the story my dear...brilliant and leading it to grains of reflection..bravo Priya!!Clap

Power Packed Performnace by POWER PACKED ACTORS..Clap

Daadi and Arnav face off was so needed for this show and for Arnav Singh Raizada to come back. His eyes moist and all the past come haunting him again after all these years. What was so awful that happened ..we have yet to see. Embarrassed

But, I am just loving Daadi to the coreBig smile...Daadi and Arnav are just replica of each other. Both seem to protect their loved ones's in their own way. When Dadi says that dont walk away when I am speaking to you...how many times have we heard Arnav say the same thing...

I loved the war of words between Daadi and Arnav...Clap

"You come here after so many years, leaving us all alone and now what right do you have asking these questions?"

When he retorts, she says that he sounds just likes his father...and he says , he is nothing nothing like his father and will never ever want to be.
Both are like rock. When a rock collides with another rock...its friction, fire...it's going to be brilliant. Arnav owning up to his mistakes and putting Khushi's mind at ease ...today was rise of Arnav Singh Raizada all over again. Protecting her... and supporting her the way he should..made us all Arnav fans proud today..Big smile

"Jahaan meri patni nahi aa sakti...mujhe nahi lagta wahaan meri koi zaroorat hai"Clap...

He has won her heart as he has proved to be so worthy of a husband...look at Khushi's eyes...he has won her heart Embarrassed

Arnav Singh Raizada was born to protect the one's he loves truly and dearly...let it be his wife, his sister or his family and no one can come in his way...Clap

What a brilliant episode...fantastic screenplay..fabulous dialogues to go with it..Clap

I can't wait to see the TRP's rise...and sky rocket..Big smile

Shy loved your post!! Yes Dadiji and Arnav are very similar...hence it will be clash of titans...good for our entertainment.

Hey loved your post in the forum too! Do you think you'll bring back those Barun caps(can't recall the name of the thread) you used to do before? Smile

NandalalaDivya1503

Go to top