Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Crooner 1.17 :Grains of Reflection - Updated (Page 31)

Divya1503 IF-Sizzlerz
Divya1503
Divya1503

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:28am | IP Logged
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3136648

One sentence abt Arnav in the post made me ROFL!!!!!!!ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Yeh mein kya kya soch ne lagi aaj kal!!!!!Wacko Wacko 

sree07 IF-Rockerz
sree07
sree07

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shwetachauhan

Hey Sree!!! Sorry for the late response.. I was busy replaying that VM!!!! Big smile

So glad to have met you!!! Hug  I used to feel quite alone amongst these Arnav deewanis!! Thank god for the company!!

I have seen a Sree on the GH twitter gates!! Was that you?? ROFL ROFL  Those pleas for his return!! You touched my heart then itself girl!! Ye souten milan tho hona hi tha!!! LOL

LOL... If you are referring to the sree who constantly pestered him with bring back our villain reminder 1 to 17 series. Its me!Cool He replied to me once "everything has a time"LOL

I am shouting again...I am not that 'shree' who tried to expose Priya's nanhi jaan to GH. Peeps misunderstand that shree with this sree07 every now and then.D'oh

Ok... Let me tell you a raaz ki baath.Everyone else shoo away pleez... We have a a secret club named sushi as well in redux, for those who loved shyam's obsession of khushi! Gul di butchered the darr angle. But alas sushi club stayed just for the love of the villainwa.LOL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

shwetachauhanNandalalasubiscshoneypriyaNewbiesoapfanindi52riti4u

soni.b IF-Dazzler
soni.b
soni.b

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

beautiful quote.

first update. Smile

just read crooner, priya. moving, that story you tell of a boy of fourteen in his glass house, in his innocence and play he never realised the grains had turned into stones. who did this to the grains, who did this to the boy? why do such things happen? his sheesh mahal lies shattered, but today here he is in shantivan, a safe, secure home. made with his toil, sweat, tears. the abode of peace where he has decorated his dreams again, determined not to let a single nightmare destroy his dwelling this time. yet all it takes is a look, a word, a face from a time gone by, and the deluge of memories returns, threatening to engulf all, rob him of everything, even himself.

in the coming days we'll see his mighty struggle, perhaps one last time against this cataclysmic yesterday. what will shatter? his dream? or the past's illusion that it still has a hold over him?

before him he sees his now, his later, his forever, holding her hand out, saying come, i am here, i will walk with you, wither thou goest. he reaches out.

and again a scream echoes in his body, racking it, hurling him against a familiar wall of pain. he feels its bruises yet he takes the next step.

i loved your story for it is at the heart of it all. arnav singh raizada's tale talks to me for we all have our pasts. it moulds us, makes us, its every happiness tells on our nature, its every cruelty mars us and releases demons within.

but if we can take the most heartless deeds of the past and instead of letting it ruin us, look it straight in the eye and go deep into it to see what lessons it holds, we may be surprised at the answers we'll find, and those will finally let us go. stronger, fuller, cleaner, at last understanding love.

the past pollutes his pure heart. shuddhi will come. his actions will bring it. his choice to hold that hand waiting to take him forward will ensure it. he will turn stones into grains.

the past will stand with dropping jaw and watch.

still a bit lost in thoughts, will update on the episode later. Big smile

Big smile Big smile second update.

priya, anjali, just saw your comments on my post. thanks so much. this place means as much as it does because all of you are here with all your fascinating thoughts. i don't recall your north west ideas, priya, will try and find them. anjali, he is a fighter and he is the protector. today the word that defines him for me came to me at last.

mensch.

my favourite poem from age 13, "if" by kipling, if i go through it line by line in each of those i will find arnav singh raizada. and with every new revelation and action by this superb karta he will be embedded deeper in those words. kipling's promise at the end of the tall list of trials, if you can do all of that,

"then yours is the earth and everything that's in it, but what's more, you'll be a man, my son."
from memory, could be a bit off.

yesterday when he walked back to his love, the woman he had taken as his wife with his act of putting sindoor and mangalsutra before fire and god, when he walked up to her and told his elder, where my wife is not welcome,i don't think there's any need for me either, with that act in my eyes he transformed into a mensch.

i love thee freely, as men strive for right.
i love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
~ ~ ~ elizabeth barrett browning

openly and in public and even to those to whom this may be unacceptable, i declare here next to me stands my wife, my ardhangini, my patni, and if she cannot cross that threshold nor can i. khushi was astounded at the clarity of that message, her heart melted, she had never imagined this could happen. that day when he put sindoor and mangalsutra on you before god and fire, whatever he may have said even thought he'd meant, his soul knew otherwise. today it made him take the right step in that direction before all. nobody was present at the wedding, but everybody will watch you become truly husband and wife.

i was delighted to see nani's expression at that moment apart from khushi's swimming eyes. he is more of his mother and the raizadas than he will ever be of the malliks. yes that is his surname in a world of patriarchy, and yes he has refused it, denied it. for what the people who carry that name with such show and pomp have done to him, his mother, his sister. i would really like to know what was the catastrophe that turned such a fine man into the stoneheart he seems to be.

the scene that stays in the mind is the one you start with, priya. that tightly framed profile, half the forehead cropped, nose jutting out fearless, clenched jawline, rigid drawn lips, eyes fixed on another time, an absolute outward stillness.

a war within.

the past is here, it clouded his eyes the moment he set them on an old lady with archaic, abominable beliefs, whom his sister greeted with so much joy, where were you dadi, i missed you so. who claimed that she would make it all ok for her weeping grandchild, now that she was back. who looked at him down the long corridor with what was that unfathomable expression. love? yet his eyes darkened in reflex, a memory flashed across his face, "dadi!" in disbelief under his breath. then a long pause, no run to loving granny's arms. why?

then his quiet steps to her, show his respect, touch her feet, do what needs to be done, worried face of sister and grandmothers overlooking. and dadi thinks all is well, granting him the opportunity of an embrace, he takes it, maybe the little boy in him hopes, fingers crossed, all indeed will be well, the nightmare won't return. i don't know, but in that simple hug i did see a boy seeking love that had been taken from him, a willingness to give it a chance.

oh the look on his face when nani said let me introduce you to khushi, subhadra, chhote's wife. the sweetest, proudest glimmer of smile. did he suspect a foot would be held away from a reach, a touch seeking blessings?

yet the moment he saw it, he knew. there was no escaping. it was all back.

and so he stood there. the war of yesterday and today within. yesterday rose in extreme might wanting to claim him back. come back to insanity, shatter, go to pieces. all that the present was, the lufe he had created called him to hold on. i wondered about the outcome.

then a delicate woman in red who'd been terribly hurt and was thinking of it, appeared in the frame. seeing him she knew he struggled. she walked up with gentle words seeking as ever to take away his sorrow, thinking it came from that ugly rejection of ger, till she realised, no there was more to this, of things she didn't know. but she didn't fear, she set her troubles aside and said to hime, come share your pain with me. she put her hand gently on his rigid shoulder, suddenly wise as she tends to be, and made him her pati, i am your wife, equal shareholder in your sorrow, your troubles. or so i felt. perhaps he felt it too. between them, gestures have always spoken truer than words.

he didn't share, but he did hold her chin and raise it ever so tenderly, oh so much that said. he looked into her eyes and told her not to worry about the first elder of his father's family she'd met and who'd been unwelcoming. she is like that, not your fault. after which he said the most important words in his honest straightforward utterly endearing way: whatever anyone might think, this is not your fault, i compelled you. khushi's eyes looked at her husband with so much wonder and love. they are each other's ocean, each other's shore, and this simple scene said that beautifully to me.

the scene in nani's room said so much about human nature. two women, possibly from similar backgrounds, two good friends, yet how very different as people. one wise, giving, responsible, who didn't run away in the face of adversity, who was their for the children no matter what, no matter that her only daughter had just died in a terrible hadsa. whe even tried to make peace with the idea of a love in girl friend for the sake of her love for a grandson, will i ever forget that?

and the other, willful, arrogant, i me mine, who cloistered herself away from reality, who came back and one wonders why to speak of her huq and enquires what was the relevance of that hadsa to this day.

talluk hai. said an emphatic nani, drawn into battle against her will. applause.

what huq are you speaking of? why should i give you answers? where were you when i kept looking for you all those years ago? asked the grandson who is indeed like his grandmother, no not his dadi, his nani; his maternal mitichondria most likely inherited from her. in chaste diction, in cold anger, in astounding acting. dadi almost blinked. then tried another entry: i was saying... we know where that went.

"every horizon, upon being reached, reveals another beckoning in the distance. always, i am on the threshold."
~ ~ ~ w. eugene smith

at a gripping point in the story of a man, his love, his struggle. today a woman joined him in this in a whole new way and a woman who had taken care of him smiled when he took the right step. my heart leaps. waiting. tick tock tick tock, nishi, when will the clock strike twelve.

other thoughts

i believe arnav singh raizada when he says he is not like his father. i know life plays tricks and his worst fear may come true, he may behave like his father, in fact sometimes he really seems to, but if you are brave and just life also gives you what you need to fight those fears. dadi, you of the raised hand, should have seen the power of a small fragile hand resting gently on a rigid shoulder.

anjali is perhaps going to turn out to be more of a mallick. and why doesn't she feel mad at dadi?

nk's smile when what's right is done is heartening. i'll never forget his first response to discovering shyam's truth. he is a dirty man, we should tell everybody, and he should be thrown out. clean clean soul.

if this is a strike at the root of patriarchy through that rejection of father's name, i am deeply interested to know more. why do i feel there is an invisible character with us who has grown in presence constantly? arnav's mother.

arnav's father and his relationship with arnav before the hadsa, i'd like to know. was there live and justice at any point in their lives together?

barun sobti and sanaya irani and jayshree t, standing, leaping, jumping in the air applause. oh what acting.

barun sobti, how can a thin tall boy with funny lips be so hotdamn sexy.

di...i was kind of lost while reading your post and as usual u have left me speechless!!! love the way u describe the scenes...the emotions there within...have told u earlier i can feel and sense each and every emotion of the characters that you have written and can see the scenes play right in front of my eyes!!!! beautiful is all i can manage!!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ParshaNandalalaindi52

shwetachauhan IF-Dazzler
shwetachauhan
shwetachauhan

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sree07

Hey Sree!!! Sorry for the late response.. I was busy replaying that VM!!!! Big smile

So glad to have met you!!! Hug  I used to feel quite alone amongst these Arnav deewanis!! Thank god for the company!!

I have seen a Sree on the GH twitter gates!! Was that you?? ROFL ROFL  Those pleas for his return!! You touched my heart then itself girl!! Ye souten milan tho hona hi tha!!! LOL

LOL... If you are referring to the sree who constantly pestered him with bring back our villain reminder 1 to 17 series. Its me!Cool He replied to me once "everything has a time"LOL

I am shouting again...I am not that 'shree' who tried to expose Priya's nanhi jaan to GH. Peeps misunderstand that shree with this sree07 every now and then.D'oh

Ok... Let me tell you a raaz ki baath.Everyone else shoo away pleez... We have a a secret club named sushi as well in redux, for those who loved shyam's obsession of khushi! Gul di butchered the darr angle. But alas sushi club stayed just for the love of the villainwa.LOL

ROFL ROFL

Oh I am loving this!!! Here I was.. dukhi aatma!! Ash is correct!! There are many closet Shyam lovers too!!

I think I have got that twitter ID correct!!
Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sree07

sree07 IF-Rockerz
sree07
sree07

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:45am | IP Logged

ROFL ROFL

Oh I am loving this!!! Here I was.. dukhi aatma!! Ash is correct!! There are many closet Shyam lovers too!!

I think I have got that twitter ID correct!!
Big smile

Chalo me off... Work calling
It was nice meeting you...Hug

shwetachauhan

soni.b IF-Dazzler
soni.b
soni.b

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 5:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Parsha

"One of the saddest things in life, is the things one remembers." 
Agatha Christie

ClapClapClap

A good heavy book holds you down. It's an anchor that keeps you from getting up..(Roy Blount)

Lady Sobti you raise the bar every time to..what a write up Priya..I got goose bumps..GRAINS OF REFLECTION. I was pondering on his past'...how his past has made him, what he is today... 

Ateet-
"ek lamhae mai simaat aya hai sadiyon ka safar...zindagi tez bahut tez chali ho jaise"' 

14 saal pahlae..14 saal baad'who ek lamha .. yeh  lamba safar'but he lived that moment every day of his living life.. When you keep revisiting your past every night, it ends up making you the person you are every morning!! Its soo important for you, that your dreams change..

Dadi-His link to past (broken and scattered ..grains of reflection. ..Nightmare)

Khushi- His bridge to the future (his shadow in her eyes'grains of reflection..dreams)

Haqq- (how i love this word ..now a days)

"Shayad aapne suna nahin ..iss gher mai koi unka naam lae MUJHAE pasand nahin"- ..so true Mera Gher, Lion is in the den...walls are of brick not glass..shielding and protecting..No one is allowed to hurt me or mine..you were gone .when I needed you most..You escaped..I fought'stood by..made it from scratch...fathered my home..my sibling and my family..NOW I DECIDE. If you love me you understand me...if you don't love me..I don't care whether you understand me or not...ties of blood will not give you "HAQQ"..

"Biwi ho tum meri..haq hai tumhara ..mujh per"- wife from a contract marriage..but he loves to call her BIWI

"Kiss haq sae pooch rahi hai aap mujh sae"- Blood ties..i am your fathers mother'But he refuses  her .. her rights..If we go by regular norms of "RISHTAEDARI  KI  DUNIYA" she is  head of the family being denied rights'

Haqq pyar ko hota hai..adhikar ka nahin..diya jata hai.liya nahin jata'

Mai Aisa kyon hoon: His simple and stated thoughts:

How you spoke about his thoughts being simple..he knows the bottom line..and states it..that makes him fearless because he is not confused about what he wants.. "janha meri patni nahin aa sakti..waha mera koi kam nahin hai" decides at the moment..and executes.. "shayad aapne suna nahin".. he knows RELAXXXSmile 

Dahleez-

Dadi- Khushi
first face off with "Kichad ka pani on the face"(did it say anything about the past) ..denied entry to her room..she was stopped at the threshold..Aukaat or Mariyada ka farka'she was denied entry because dadi thought she doesn't deserve to be a part of her family'but he crossed the threshold.. "Rishtae ki Mariyaada dhaleez langh kae bhi rakhi jaa sakti hai.." went out and stood by her..for her ..Sometimes all you need in life is a hero..(read it somewhere in the crooner)

PS: but yes..slowly Arnav is making me forget the 3 episodes when ASR was quite'that one  step out of the threshold to stand by his wife 'Time heals and actions to. 

Yeh Rishta-
Again revisited my doubts on her belonging..how she belonged to the house..room..man..and his pain... do they actually remember "nahin jaoongi wapas jub tak contract khatam nah ho jaye".. "hum aap ko apna pati nahin mantae"' "baki sab bhi khatam"..reaching out to each other.. "ek second bhi yeh mat samjhna ki tumhari galti hai"' "aap bata saktae hai hum ko"

My words and ramanchi-ramanchi that they keep playing

koi khamosh hai itna, bahaane bhool aaya hoon
kisi ki ek tarannum main, taraane bhool aaya hoon
meri ab raah mat takna kabhi aaye aasma waalon
main ek chidiya ki aankhon main udaane bhool aaya hoon 
(I am home..and how!!)

Sahara:

In each family a story is playing itself out, and each family's story embodies its hope and despair. Dadi is not all despair..there is hope..Khushi clinged to her when she was about to lose balance on "kichad ka pani" in their first face off'n then you can't hate Khushi..no one can..look at your grandson dadi..mighty tried with all his might..and now he is fighting with all to keep her..

Khushi ' The women:
Waiting for the day when Khushi will rise for her self'not for "gupta" or "singh raizada" but for Khushi..and when she will not look for "Sahara" in Arnav,NK,Babuji or anybody else to speak for her. She is strong, dependable and independent, she can stand on face of death to bring back her love..a girl who can set out alone to earn living for her family, stand in midst the tornado we call ASR..how I wish for once she stood with pride for the women she is..wife,daughter,sister, bahu..everything else will fall in place. Stop saying "humae maaf ker dijiyae"'.yyy Khushi!!

CONGRATS HD75..very very well deserved..i wanted to write on your post yesterday but seriously dadi ate up all my words..i was freaking out..loved every word you wrote and yes it was sooo true!!!ClapClapStar

Anu: Badhaiyan to you to Darling!!StarParty
parsha...fab post!!!
@bold...absolutely loved it...specially ur take on khushi..the woman!!!
loved ur first quote from Agatha Cristie!!!!

Edited by soni.b - 08 August 2012 at 5:47am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Parshaindi52Divya1503

Divya1503 IF-Sizzlerz
Divya1503
Divya1503

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:04am | IP Logged
Awesomest crooner Priya di!!!!!!
Monkey Winks Monkey WinksMonkey WinksMonkey Winks  Monkey Winks

Congratulations Harichandana gaaruClap  Clap n Anu di!!!!Hug Hug Hug

Thank you everyone for liking my post!!!! Embarrassed  Embarrassed
@Beena di, Nishi di, Indi di, Soni di, Gandhari di, Anjali di,Sri di, Riti, Parsha n Prashu!!!  Thank u alll for ur comments!!!!! Monkey Emoticons Monkey Emoticons

Read almost all the posts here,sorry for not commenting individually!! In the laziest mood I've ever been till date, blame the sun out there!!!Tongue N I just loved each n everything written here!!!!
Monkey Icons Yoyo Monkey Icons Yoyo Monkey Icons Yoyo Monkey Icons Yoyo Monkey Icons Yoyo

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Parshashwetachauhansoni.b-Gan-riti4u

shwetachauhan IF-Dazzler
shwetachauhan
shwetachauhan

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:13am | IP Logged

Chalo me off... Work calling
It was nice meeting you...Hug

Hug.. See ya soon!! Smile

Divya1503