Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Crooner 1.17 :Grains of Reflection - Updated (Page 21)

hd75 Senior Member
hd75
hd75

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:29am | IP Logged
Hey Devi Mayya ! Aapne mujhe Stalker se Star bana di Embarrassed. Thank you very, very much, it is a great honour ! I am so overwhelmed and humbled by everybody's response, thank you all.  

I am sorry for the late response, I managed to login just now. 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Parshasejket2amisuvshwetachauhanNandalalasubiscshoneypriya-Gan-Omoraboti

amisuv IF-Dazzler
amisuv
amisuv

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nandalala

"Shadow love,
Random love,
And Abandoned love.
Accidentally like a martyr.
The hurt gets worse, and the heart gets harder." 

~Warren Zevon

Take a bow, hun!ClapAn absolutely RIVETING CROONER and an equally fantastic episode!  Your title did such justice to theme of the Crooner...What a fantastic read that was!  The nexus between North and West...What once defined him then,  and what defines him now! I just loved your reference to the glass house--Sheesh Mahal- and what is now his own house of brick and mortar!! For me, the episode was defined by hadsahaq, and belonging...One hadsa--incident--shaped the lives of two innocent children, and their families. Gave birth to a martyr who gave up his childhood, his innocence, his own sense of love and longing because of the antecedents--the past!  Today, a first glimpse into the pathos that I have been harping about for so long!  A man who so desperately wanted to belong, but was not given that opportunity by his own!  A man who made a name for himself but by abandoning the identity given to him...A man molded by his past, yet defiant against it.  Not allowing it to determine his future.  But in the end, this very past would shape his future, drive him to make choices...He knows he can no longer run away from it.  It is here.  It is part of the now!  His heart ready to accept love, yet the past weaves a barb wire around it...

Haq...exercised over & over today!  Used as a justification for words and actions...an endearment shown beautifully in one scene, and as a blanket statement for all things done in the past!  

What does meeting a loved one after 15 years even feel like? Embracing tradition, he bends down to get his grandmother's blessings.  A hug that speaks of innocence and how much she was missed.  Past and present in the forefront as Naani, ever the host, introduces the "new" family members...That initial step as a couple...Seemingly walking towards "home"--all things "Mallik"--that ultimate sign of respect again as they bend down to get the blessing.  His eyes never leave Khushi's face--she is his wife, she has every right--haq--to seek those blessings with him! But the shock at seeing Khushi being treated differently brings back memories...The hand maybe back on his head, but he hasn't forgotten when that very hand left his own...

A conversation between the grandmothers reveals that these two women are very close.  They know each other well...Best friends.  One responsible, the other taking her for granted. In the privacy of their chambers, we learn even more...denial and accusation...Raizada vs. Mallik at play here! Dadi wants quick answers to her Whys?  The Whys surrounding her grandchildren...the minute details of their lives...Naani questions what right--haq--does she have on those children? Why did the Mallik abandon those children?  Why did the Mallik force those children to become Raizadas?  Abandon their own father's name?  Dadi's reality comes to the forefront: she is so quick to dismiss an incident and a face from 15 years ago that changed two lives--her own flesh and blood-- forever!  Offering no credible explanation, yet again--Selfish and without remorse!

An introspective Arnav hears his wife try talk to him about his past.  She can sense his turmoil, anger, and yes, his thoughts...Her own face was a study in sadness as she walked through the hallway,  internalizing everything Dadi said to her just minutes ago, yet when she sees him, she wants to be the soothsayer.  Wants him to know she is there for him!  She is ready to take responsible for Dadi's behavior on herself.  Shayaad...Maybe its her.  Maybe its the way they were wedded...Maybe...He puts an end to her shayaad by taking the guilt of off her!  Sititng on the bed side by side...ever the married couple--Koi nahi jaanta per main jaanta hoon, maine tumhe majboor kiya--with those last four words take complete responsibility for his actions.  Then an explanation...yes, an explanation for Dadi's psyche, but really a reflection on what he himself is thinking...an internal monologue seeks a voice..."Dadi hamesha haar cheez apni angle se dekhti hain..."--how well he knows her--even 15 years later! Like a mirror image to himself...She doesn't easily accept the truth, so singular is she in her views!  Justified? He silently asks Khushi to be the judge.  

His words are a revelation, yet  there are major pieces of the puzzle missing...and she knows it...Today it is her turn...Talk to me, I am here for you! Just like he implored her at the GH...To tell him everything--Khushi tum mujhe baata sakti hoh!   She implores--it is her haq as his wife--"kabhi kabhi humein aisa lagta hai ke hum aapke baarein mein kuch bhi nahin jaantein hain."  Though he hears her, he walks away...he is not ready to talk to her...not yet...not until he gets some answers of his own...

She looks on...a continuation of her earlier thoughts--Khushi's epiphany, her most poignant yet--a reference to the duality in her mind when it comes to Arnav...seemingly her prince at one glance, and a complete stranger, the next! The fairytale reveals itself again!  She now has to look for answers, too...

gif credit: tumblr

A quest for explanations culminates in the most raw and emotionally charged scene we've witnessed from Arnav Singh Raizada in a long time! The pain from recalling that incident slowly finds catharsis as his defiance takes over. He reminds Dadi of the facts, as they stand now--The "haq" she lost when she walked away from her grandchildren. I couldn't help but think of the death anniversary scene from last year...the look in his eyes...the depth of betrayal and saddness so evident...And today he rose above it! He reminds her of his reality--three poignant declarations!  Yes, Priya, he is the master of his own domain: 1) He is not defined by the sins of his father--"Nahi mein unki tarah hoon, nahi hi banoonga"--others may see him as a shadow of that man, but Arnav Singh Raizada is who he is!  2) "Iss ghar mein--in this which is his house--koi bhi unka naam le, mujhe pasand nahi!" 3) Jahan meri patni nahi aa sakti, mujhe nahi lagta ki meri wahan koi zaroorat hai!" He has now made it clear to Dadi that his shore lies elsewhere!! By turning his back on Dadi, and physically walking over to Khushi he has exercised his haq as her husband in front of his paternal family, and essentially stated that  Mallik DOES NOT matter to him!!  Blood maybe thicker than water, but here, water trumps (pun intended!), yet again!  Indeed, when the king returns home after 14 years, he won't be alone! In fact, every nayi shuruaat, will be with his Khushi, and her alone--North defined by West! And most importantly, he will return on his terms!! An interesting note to this scene, and one you picked up, too: the conversation that Devyani started earlier is now completed by Arnav--in keeping with that long shot visual we saw in Monday's episode where Devyani and Arnav walked in arm in arm!  

Other Notes~

~I was happy we had a relative "Anjali-free" epi today! Made it that much more impactful without that sullen face!

~Finally some clarity on Dadi's truth--she never intended to see or meet her grandchildren, in spite of ASR's efforts (I now stand corrected, guys!Embarrassed)...Still begs the question: why is she there now?

~The FIGHTER--need I saw more!Day Dreaming

~Fabulous chemistry between our couple just sitting on that bed...such a comfort level as they reach out to each other...what had started that very morning, still evident in spite of the strain on both of them...Embarrassed

~The "meri patni" Rabba Ve--Awww...the awakening now has new meaning!  Its no longer "their secret"!!Big smile

~NK's First impression...Last impressions dialogue:  Very, very interesting! I couldn't help but think of ArHi as well when I heard his words...How far we've come.  Impressions can and do change!  Such a great metaphor for what we'll see going forward!  

~"Sorry" makes everything better--again, couldn't help but think back to ArHi...how difficult it was for Arnav to say that word at one time, and how easily Khushi takes it on!

~Payal--ah, my wrath has no limit!!! Wow, she knows and admits she was a ttl coward and did not stand up for her sister...and then has the audacity to remind Khushi she should say sorry!!!   What happened to your apology, Payal?Angry

~Mamiji: DeadDeadAngry Her goatwa-sherni dialogue WAS NOT funny!  Crass mocking!  So not done!Dead

I had goosebumps watching Sobti today...He understands Swati Chitnis' strengths so well, and he played beautifully to it!  His body language, diction, and that uber confidence shone in every scene.  It is such a pleasure to watch a lead who is so CONSISTENT in his performance.  Without fail.  Jayashree T and Swatiji just had amazing timing and chemistry!!  *Bows*... Sanaya was lovely in that scene as she walks down the hallway...my heart fell for her completely!  Loved her monologue delivery, too!  Ah, we are back to dreams and nightmares tomorrow...I have seen the spoiler pics on the last Crooner--a wonderful instance where reality will be so much better than his dreams!!!Big smile

Hey Anjali, Fab post dear Smile The first impressions dialogue can be related to so many things, theories abt the past or Daadi's introduction.

Luved ur usage of the word haq & the 3 poignant declarations. This is his house & his terms to be accpeted by all. The water is chartering a new path for itself.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nandalala

honeypriya IF-Sizzlerz
honeypriya
honeypriya

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by redwine1

Originally posted by honeypriya

Post cannot be quoted.

HI PRIYA ...

Brilliant post . once again .. its amazing how u nail it everyday .Big smile. its a most sublime read .. 
I too was floored yesterday by SObti's performance .. it was beyond the superlative .. Dreamboat .. had such depth in him .. was a shocker to me .. 
For me .. dadi .. was the weakest link of the piece .. she needs to stop concentrating on getting her accent right & get down to some expressions .. there are some wonderful actors who excel in drama that she is up against here on IPK sets ..

I am so with you .. the surprise element in uncovering an episode while it airs .. is so much more exciting than knowing ( thru predictions unconfirmed ones at that) .. what will happen .. the excitement sure wears thin .. Big smile

Great Crooner once again Priya .. Clap

Thankss a lot Ruby...sorry have not been able to respond properly earlier...run a mad schedule, so hardly get time to reply...though however much I would love to...Embarrassed

Sobti is a master of subtle expressions...and he is consistent in emoting...well infact on an individual level, I was lil skeptical or rather I was awaiting for this confrontation for many counts..

Excuse me if I may differ with you on the vew point - Swati Chitnis is a great actress - and she has brought a great depth to the Daadi's character...little c***che sketchline right now - but will be an interesting watch as it opens out - as same like ASR, the character will have both tough and tenderness to portray -

I do agree with you on the accent front...she'll take time to adjust to the dialect...Awadhi is not an easy one to grasp - also though this is a "serialised" libertu with the dialect - a more casual approach...but the rest of the cast - Maami,naani and Bua have eased into it with the time...Swati will need that ...you'll surely see the difference with time - Daily soap doesnt give the leisure time for preparation - which is very essential for an actor if he/she comes into the storyline midway.

Apart from that - she has been doing a great job in my POV...coming back I was awaiting to see how Sobti will be when pitted against a senior actor of her stature - this is a very first for him - I am not sure if you are aware - the entire cast of IPK is fairly new to the scene or small timers except Jayshree, so wanted to see Sobti's performance with a Veteran actor - coz those are the real testers for great actors...

and Sobti performed outstandingly last night and proved his mettle !!!

Thankss again dear for the sweet words !!!

PS the writers have done a great start with the track..just hope they dont ush thorugh it and maintain the tempo - coz this track was the ace of their pack !!!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ajumasejket2amisuvshwetachauhansoni.bNandalalasubiscs-Gan-

shwetachauhan IF-Dazzler
shwetachauhan
shwetachauhan

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:36am | IP Logged

Hello girls!! Hug

Just updated on page 1!!! Smile

Suvi.. you around?? Kahan gayab hai aajkal jaanu? Nazar hi nahi aati!!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

amisuvNandalalasubiscshoneypriya-Gan-

amisuv IF-Dazzler
amisuv
amisuv

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shwetachauhan

A picture for the beautiful opening quote Deba.. Will be back to edit tomorrow..!

Edited to add~

Deba.. this is some beautiful crooning, with some lovely quotes.. loved it much! Such a calm, serene feel to it!
The first few lines beautifully defining the transformation of a scared but defiant young boy living in his nightmares to a confident self assured young man woken up to reality finding a few beautiful dreams coming true in the love that he has found..! Be it pieces of a broken glass or the light in the eyes of his beloved, every reflection tells a story of a man who has been through the darkest days of life, fighting, head held high, not giving up and now making a safe, secure world for himself! The winds are still blowing, but like always he is standing strong and now, he also has an anchor to lean on to!!

Such a powerful episode.. powerful, flowing story with power packed performances! Emotions ranging from the tenderest to the strongest..  not a moment that could be missed!

Arnav and Daadi laying eyes on each other after years of deliberate separation! The hurt, the accusation, the pain so evident on Arnav's face.. along with the memories of the times he has worked so hard to forget! And the momentary guilt replaced by love and tenderness on Daadi's face! There may be some 'narazgi', some grievances between them but ASR respects his Daadi, he said it and it shows too! He bent down to touch her feet and was blessed abundantly, something that Khushi was kept elusive from! Daadi has her reasons..
The instant love and adoration and even pride in ASR's eyes, replacing the hurt and anxiety of before as soon as Nani introduced Khushi.. Very heart warming! His face lights up at the mere mention of her name!

I loved the glare Daadi gave to Manorama Maami when she got to know who Khushi is! I hope she realises how Khushi kept quiet even in the face of such insult just to show respect to her and to follow her wishes!

Khushi is lost in her thoughts, upset, trying to find the reason why Daadi has taken such a dislike to her..! She forgets her own hurt when she sees Arnav standing with a hard face.. controlling his emotions! She knows he must be upset due to the disrespect shown to her.. and tries to calm him down! But when he doesnt say a word, its then that she sits down, fallen, defeated, hurt, and pained once again that things are not right just because of her! Her stooping shoulders and her tears compel Arnav to put her mind to rest..! Its not her so she should not blame herself! He admits to the one mistake that haunts Khushi day and night.. the forced marriage!
Khushi has many questions but Arnav chooses to keep quiet! I am glad at least there was an attempt at a conversation!

Naani's and Arnav's questions to Daadi were justified, the very ones running in my mind too! Why this sudden concern after so many years! She left the children in Devyani's responsibility not caring enough to ask for them ever again, and now she has come to question her upbringing, her care, her love? Now she is questioning Arnav's actions!
She may have the relationship and the seniority to question him but she doesnt have the haq, I dont think so! I am assuming that Anjali's wedding got ruined that fateful night 14 yrs ago! And yet when she got married to Shyam, this Daadi did not come, why would anyone expect her to be present on her Pota's marriage? Sorry Daadi but you lost the right over these children long back!

Arnav decides to step outside the no-entry boundaries set for Khushi and be with her! He will not have anyone disrespect her like that! This is his house and she deserves just as much love and respect from everyone else as he bestows on her! This house which is his is as much hers too and so is he! Yes.. its all about 'haq'!!!
I marvel the vanvaas connection you made here! Homecoming is expected soon!

-Loved how Manorama was hiding herself from Daadi!! Iski tho ab khair nahi! Angry

-Shuruat theek nahi hui, that doesnt mean things will not be better tomorrow!! Ask Khushi.. What happened when she met Arnav for the first time!! Daadi is milder in comparison!! Embarrassed

-'Is ghar ki badi bahu', 'Tumhari sister ki saas'... Very clear demarcation lines between the khandaans, suddenly prominent!!

-'Iss khandaan mein jo kuchh bhi hua na us haadse ki wajah se hua'! Hmmm... Is Shyam included? Ermm

-A thought that has been haunting me.. Anjali got married 11 yrs after her first broken one?? Shocked

-Loved sakha again.. NK's smile and nod on Khushi's rightful introduction!

-Payal realizes their mistake but that wont really do.. try speaking up the next time!

PS: Congratulations to Harichanda for being the star!! Star Star Party
And also to my sanam!!! Very well deserved!!!
Clap Clap

Hey Shweta, wonderful post dear Smile Even I was wondering bt Anjali's age at the time of her first marriage.

Naani & Arnav's questions were justified, but look how Daadi evaded all & counter questioned them. There is more to it than meets the eye here. Uss raat ke haadse ke khulasey mein abhi time hai Shweta.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shwetachauhanNandalala

soni.b IF-Dazzler
soni.b
soni.b

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:43am | IP Logged

Hello girls!! Hug

hey shwets!!! kaisi hai??? off to read ur post!!!Big smile

shwetachauhan

amisuv IF-Dazzler
amisuv
amisuv

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:45am | IP Logged

Hello girls!! Hug

Shweta my dear, yahin hoon Hug 

shwetachauhan

amisuv IF-Dazzler
amisuv
amisuv

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by subiscs

Smile
Omg!!!!!! For the quotes..that grains of reflection start of the crooner..couldn't just hold myself...brilliant priya..and the quote that followed..beautifully written crooner !!!!Hug

editeddd~~~~~

he did wake up with a start in precap !!! the haunting past resurfaces..
aww the scene where arnav notices his daadi's indifference (can i call it) to khushi when she dint bless her...
nanni- daadi :::
so totally loved the scene...two buzurg of their respective families..., two frens and two relatives...like u said keepers!!!! 
usse aapki zindagi se koi thalook nahin hain , thalook hai!!!! the loss s heavy at both ends..and how each of them looks at it differently!!! 
naani has witnessed the changes after the incident..daadi shut herself from it...am totally loving the difference between them and their soch!!!!

but the scene so reminded of chess board discussions in the initial stage where we considered naani as the rook of the board and  yday scene was so much a reminder..cos if shyaam
comes into pic atleast till the truth is out...will daadi be on the other side of the board as rook..!!!
 i know i might be wrong too..but it jus struck my mind!!!!Smile

arnav - khushi scene:::

aww poor Khushi who is trying to convince herself of daadi's action and when she sees her husband  engrossed in his thoughts, the worry in her face, her desperate attempts to find out what went wrong..
and like u said maybe she somehow offended the new visitor , his family ...that holds an importance in his life!!! but the reply was his all time fav , khamoshi!!!
 but what followed next the confession from arnav abt the wedding...the husband knows where he has erred ...the acceptance!!! 
how much i love the dialogues of our show ya...!!!!Day DreamingDay Dreaming
ek pal ke bhi apne aapko responsible math tehro... and then his anger that khushi senses when he talks abt daadi...woh humesha se aise hi..dekhegi. jo unhe sahi lagega..
agar nahi dektha hain...woh galath hai....

correlating the dialogues.. dont u think so  that it looks like daadi stands for her son and arnav knows his father is equally wrong..whereas daadi rathers blames the other woman..she might compare the characteristics but never talks anything wrong abt her son ...hmm interesting!!!! waiting to see how they proceed though for its too early to infer!!!

and then khushi's monologue...its beautiful to see how much they have grown in love. both trying to come to terms with each other's actions ,the travel...their  silent acceptance...their unsaid words ...awww love with its unique signature !!!!Heart

the entire scene reminded me of yday crooner...she holds the key to unlock the trove of secrets.. and bam u mention it again she holds the key to unlock closed doors!!!Smile

ahhh the classic scene ---- daadi and arnav::: oh ya pota kiski hain..!!!LOL 
he entire convo rocked...!!!! i liked the way  u connected it  with the start!!!!
and then fury when he was compared with his father...the mere annoyance on taking his name and the classic dialogue iss ghar main koi bhi uka naam le mujhe pasand nahin hain ...ahhh iss ghar and mujhe...marking it clearly my house , my rules...!!!
woahhh and when daadi asked him not listen when she s talking to him...i was like oh ya...arnav 's paternal genes !!!!!LOLLOL

and the way he stood along with khushi and classic closure to episode!!!! like u said man who writes his own destiny will not allow any wrong meted to his wife at any cost!!!!

and the anger...raw pain..he trying to take control of all his turmoils...arnav's raw anger..the conflicts of emotions...the reminder of the helpless  night..the pain,  and today..a husband ,the grandson stands up for what he has shaped himself to and faces his daadi ...and till the end the little tilt of his head aapki marzi!!!!! Day DreamingDay Dreaming

sobti rocked the screen ...seeing a character like arnav coming to life and  audiences connecting all these emotions of the character stands as a testimony to his brilliant acting!!!ClapClap

awww i loved nk yday too...first impression will not be the last impression...aww filmy style i am ur bahu. trust him to bring a smile on anyone's face..
he is sakha indeed!!!! 
and typical khushi who wants to ask forgiveness..take the first steps..
looks like arnav s gestures...him talking to khushi abt how she s not at fault and how he stands by her while talking to daadi..these will let khushi move forward with the confidence atleast slightly clearing the uncertainty regd their relationship!!!!  loved sanaya!!!!! Heart

the episode that was mindblowing and the story that s moving forward bigtime...and bring it on guys esp when we have a  great cast on screen and all i want to do is to sit bac and just enjoy the show i fell in love with and keep falling in love ,with every passing day!!!!! 

congraaattsss to hd75..Hug and to sweetie pie anu!!!!!Hug

Hey Suba, gr8 post Smile U rightly said, it seems doesnt find faults with her son but blames the other aurat fr everything. Whereas Arnav blames his father fr everything, the reason he lost his mother. But do both of them know the real truth??

Where r ur songs today??

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shwetachauhansubiscs

Go to top