Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Crooner 1.17 :Grains of Reflection - Updated (Page 18)

mini16 Goldie
mini16
mini16

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:16am | IP Logged
i just hope anjali will not faint again

Edited by mini16 - 08 August 2012 at 12:21am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ParshaNandalalasubiscshoneypriya-Gan-

Nandalala IF-Rockerz
Nandalala
Nandalala

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sree07

@Priya Nice crooner as usual. Loved the arhi scene description.Clap Waiting for your take on the 'fast' unfolding of 'past.
@Anjali Clap As usual brilliant. I absolutely love the way you write. BS was in top form yesterday. The new actress swati is also needs a stand up ovation for matching BS in screen presence. I loved Daadi-Naani and Daadi - Arnav scenes.

Till yesterday I was a sulking soul about IPK with no clue whats happening around but today Lady Daadi has just revived me. Somehow I have developed a 'unhealthy' love for her. Sans the untouchability issue, she is one to lookout for. One of the interesting and intriguing ones. Selfish but on the face. May be the most strongest (at least on the faceWink) among the lot. Seems like I am gonna love to hate her.Day Dreaming

Sree, your DP!ROFL  

Ok, where are my manners?  Thank you, yaar!  Much appreciated!EmbarrassedYeah, seriously what is up with this breakneck unfolding, yaar?  We had talked of storms not too long ago, but this is the ultimate...a tornado...and one that I don't mind being a storm chaser for!Cool  I am totally with you on Dadi...love to hate her!!! I can only think of ASR's JUNOON when I look at her!  And of course, you & I feel so strongly abt said word!LOL

Oh, Swati Chitnis is FANTASTIC!  She is a GODDESS when it comes to playing the matriarch...my mom used to follow a show she was in & I got indoctrinated in how fab she is!!! Love Sobti's chemistry with her, too!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mini16sree07riti4u

honeypriya IF-Sizzlerz
honeypriya
honeypriya

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by archanakamaraj

Again brilliant analysis n ur crooner was just amazing Clap
Loved ur title n ur description for ur title was just mindblowing !!Clap
yesterday gives IPKKND a new way of dimension towards pastSmile
i m really excited n eager to watch upcoming tracksSmile
loved ur each n evry symbolism n interpretation b/w each sceneClap
thanks for pmEmbarrassed

Thanksss so much dear Smile

your warm comments are always so encouraging Smile

you so rightly said, yesterday gave a new dimension to the past...what a great episode !!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mini16

honeypriya IF-Sizzlerz
honeypriya
honeypriya

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Smile
Originally posted by -Vee05-

Another fabulous Crooner Priya! The girls here write so well Smile

Thankss so much dear...the girls are a delight to read everyday Smile

how you doing...enjoying the epis ???

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mini16

Parsha Goldie
Parsha
Parsha

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:30am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=GanBarunFan]

Priya: your quote and 1st part of the post just is so insightful.. I took me couple of reads to fully understand it...just beautiful. Agree with you about the screenplay and direction as also about the acting : highlight of the episode.I always look for your take about the episode as it connects me to the inner voice of the storyline and today was no exception.

Kabhi kabhi humein lagtha hai ki hum aapke bohat kareeb hai, aur kabhi aisa lagtha hai hum bilkul ajnabi hai...

Arnav-Khushi's journey hit a major milestone today. The gates of communication has been reached. It has not fully opened up but it has been unlocked. We see a wife reaching out to her husband to help her understand what's hurting him; vocalizing her need to 'understand him and his history. We see a husband putting aside his own turmoil, assuring her of no wrongdoing in their marriage which is at crosshair of conflict between Daadi and Arnav  . Tumari koi galthi nahi thi, meine tumhe majboor kiya shaadi ke liye He opens up to her about his Daadi, her stubbornness, her fixation with her own notions. A self-reflection maybe?  But the rawness of an open scab from wounds inflicted 14 yrs back  is evident in his inability to talk about it and his walking away from there.

Daadi- Arnav rules of engagement:Two people who are more similar than different. Both confident about themselves, their convictions. And both at loggerheads because of their past and present. She demands answers about his actions in the present and he refuses because of her 'abandonment' in the past. She reminds him that he's like his Dad whose actions still a sore point for him. She demands authority, respect because "haq banta hai hamara, riste se umar se'hum aapke Daadi hai..Aapke babuji ki amma'.he assures her of his respect for her but lets her know he'll never be like his dad,  "nahin main unke tara hoon..nahin main banunga"'. She prods him as her grandson. He replies as the man of the house : Dadi, shaayad apne teek se suna nahin,iss ghar mein unke (dad) baare mein baat karna mujhe Pasand nahi hai...

6 months back Arnav had promised Khushi that sindoor and Mangalsutra were all she's going to get from him as his wife'.he'd not give her the postion as his wife and threw her out of their room as he didn't want to deal having to breathe the same air as her. Today there is another threshold. Another gestural refusal by his Dadi to Khushi's role as Arnav's wife. Arnav crosses over the threshold of separation and goes and stands by his wife : Jahan meri patni ke liye jaga nahi hai, mujhe nahi lagtha waha meri koi zaroorath hai. A resounding message addressed at Dadi but affects his wife more . which was further confirmed by his 'Aapki maarzi" .  A reaffirmation by a husband that he'll stand by his wife like he did the other day when he threw Shyam out and said "I trust Khushi".

Other points of interest:

• Mallik  DNA signature (LOL? ): pet peeve about people turning away before he/she finishes his/her sentence along with "Aukat" fixation too. Or mistaking  one KKG(-SR) to be something she's not while she slips around them
  • Naani the matriarch: Making proper introduction of the bahus to the Daadi. Or stepping forward to help resolve  Daadi's refusal of Khushi as Bahu Or pointing out to Daadi about her abandonment of her grandchildren 14 yrs ago which has affected their present Or stepping in as the voice of reason trying to placate two sides of  Mallik v Raizada(Mallik) or smiling with pride when her Chotey declared his intension of standing by his wife
  • Manorama Maami the chameleon: who hides to avoid "gabbar Singh"Daadi and acts like one in front of her meek DIL.

Acting : Naani and Daadi ruled today. Finally there was one person who can share the screen space with ASR and not wilt to his overbearing personality, hi Daadi. And Sanaya's eyes spoke volumes as a bahu wanting acceptance at her in laws, as a caring wife reaching out to soothe her husbans or as a woman getting respect of a sahadharmini, by her husband in true sense for the 1st time.

And ASR gosh I've a feeling that the writer, script writer and the director they are all in in love with this character otherwise how come in 1 yr this character has remained so true with his vulnerability, straight forwardness, conviction in his beliefs and to stand up for it. I'm in awe with him today as I was the 1st time I saw him...and it's growing. What adjective do I add to Barun's acting that I haven't used before. How can you add perfection to Mr Epitome of Perfection. His undertoned acting reflecting under control anger, accusation, pain and, defiance during Arnav's standoff with Daadi or his raw vulnerability, pain and love during Arnav's scene with Khushi  made ASR feel more flesh and blood than a fictional character' the man who lives and breathes in this fictional character,Sobti you amaze me yet again!

An episode with small but significant moments, some having roots pain in the past while other with promises  of  better tomorrow.

Pic Credit: Shweta and Facebook

CONGRATS hd75(wish I knew your name)That post was so honest and touching! Fantastic!Clap
& my bondhu
Mou whose writing style is like her: funny but poignant! (wooing you dearWink/QUOTE]

ClapClap..our page 1 girl..permanent resident for crooner star..waise hi thodi..!!! i specially loved Nain the matriarch...n my fav moment yesterday was when Nawab stood by khushi and Nain smiled..ahh love u nani.. u have brought up the kids well..dont doubt urself for a moment..!!

About Malik DNA..yeh u can change culture.. behavior..traditions but roots ..!! when He was telling khushi about dadi "unko jo sahi lagta hai bus woh hi sahi hai".. khushi must have controlled her khusipana in not saying "kis ki baat ker rahe hai aap.."Wink

so true in saying how CV's love ASR-Arnav-Chotey-LG ..n how well they have defined him..salam to the man who keeps moving in and out of all these men!!

Lovely WU sweety..!!Star

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mini16Nandalalasubiscs-Prashu-honeypriya-Gan-

soni.b IF-Dazzler
soni.b
soni.b

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:31am | IP Logged
off now!! will be back later in the afternoon!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mini16Nandalala

writ_in_water Goldie
writ_in_water
writ_in_water

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Hiya all!!! Hugupdated my ramblings on mirrors, Alice in Wonderland, ASR and my mom on Page 2 LOL

Off to read posts now!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mini16shwetachauhanhoneypriya

Nandalala IF-Rockerz
Nandalala
Nandalala

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Guys, had a long day today!  I am hitting the sack!  Will pukka catch up on all updates tomorrow am, my time!!  The ones I've read so far were absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!  Bravo to all the buddies & phanguurls!Clap  Thank you so much for all the comments on my post, too!  I really do appreciate & read them!!! Have great days/afternoons/evenings, all!Hug

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mini16Parshasoni.bhoneypriya-Gan-riti4u

Go to top