Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Crooner 1.17 :Grains of Reflection - Updated (Page 17)

Parsha Goldie
Parsha
Parsha

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Divya1503

What an apt title Priya di!!!Clap Clap Will be waiting for the update!!! Embarrassed

I totally loved the episode!!!!!!Heart Heart Heart  Arnav finally sees his dadi after 14 years(or 15??Confused)!!! I thought he'l be totally gussa par acha potha bankar dadi se aashirwaad liya!!!Embarrassed 

When nani asked if she met everyone in the family, loved the way mami hid behind our NK!!! LOL LOL n wat does dadi mean by saying hamesha ki tarah galat jagah mein dhundat rahi hiConfused
 The faint smile on Arnav's face when nani called out for Khushi!!! one of the awww moments for me!!!Day Dreaming

Photo: Hayeee the proud husband smile ASR gave while nani was introducing khushi to dadi..

credit: FB written updates-IPKKND

I dont want to talk abt dadi's reaction when she came to know Khushi is Arnav's wife!!! Dead Dead 

Oye Dadi!!!! U leave ur grandchildren with their nani n now come back from nowhere to blame our pyaari naniji!!!!Angry N u say no one answered ur questions abt Arnav's marriage n Anjali's pregnancy n ur pyaare daamad!!!! Did u even try to know!!!! Kisi se poochne ki taqleef kyu nahi kiya aapne!!!Dead You thought Khushi was the servant, thats ur problem!!! n when u came to know u're wrong, u r being gussa!!!! WHAT THE!!!!!Angry *phew* hogaya rant!!!D'oh sorry priya di for this one but can't help it!!!D'oh

Arnav going into the silent mode once again for some time! Will Khushi ever stop taking the blame for everything that goes wrong!!!!!Confused Confused N Arnav finally talks!!! Everytime he talks, I'm getting goosebumps these days!!!!!Icon Monkey Yoyo Finally he says it was his galti!!! Hope the redemption asking ppl r happy!!!!D'oh 
The every trait he explained abt dadi, I saw only ASR's traits there!!!!LOL Jaise dadi waisa potha!!! I was wondering how his dad wasStern Smile 

N then enters THE ASR into the scene!!!!!Day Dreaming Day Dreaming hum sab present the Arnav tumhare shaadi pe!!!!!( I know I know its a PJ!!LOL LOL)ab aayi hai aap mujhse yeh sawaal poochne!!!! N y does everyone bring up the issue of his dad when he doesn't want to talk abt him!!!!Ouch pehle nani n now dadi!!!D'oh
N Payal!! U realise ki u shd've talked before itself!!! u r really fast at understanding things!!!!Clap Clap 
N NK u think a sorry can make a family like that a happy family!!!! I pity u!!!Monkey Winks

Loved the way nani tried to calm both dadi n arnav!!! N then comes Khushi!!! Aur phir se dadi ki haath uthgayi to stop her!!!Dialogue tho dadi bol rahi thi abt not going away when she's talking par mere dimaag mein chap gayi yeh ASR ka dialogue!!! Dont u dare walk away when I'm talking Khushi Kumari Gupta!!!! Day Dreaming Day Dreaming

N then comes the epic dialogue!!!
"Jaha meri patni nahi aasakthi, mujhe nahi lagtha ki  meri wahi koyi zaroorat hai" 

ASR to u for that one line!!!!Monkey Icon Monkey Icon Monkey Icon

N the smile on naniji's face when Arnav said that!!! epic!!!!LOL n his aapki marzi was like in ur face dadi!!!!LOL LOL LOL

Precap, the return of nightmares!!! n the efforts of KKGSR to make ASR smile, woh bhi milega may be!!!Embarrassed 

Other thoughts:
- Both Barun Sobti n Swati Chitnis were just awesome in that face off!!!!!!! Monkey Winks Monkey Winks 
- Why meri nazar Khushi ke naye chappal se nahi hath ti!!!Stern Smile 
- The look on Khushi's face when Arnav said the epic line, Sanaya u were awesome!!!!Monkey Winks
- Gabbar singh jaisi dadi saas mili Khushi ko aur Payal ko itni bootiful lady mili saas ke roop mein par phir bhi Payal not happy!!!Stern Smile
- N did ASR's WHAT THE come from his dadi too?????Monkey Icon Cici

PS: This song not leaving my head from the time they played it on SBS!!! One of my all time favourites!!!

Divi love u and ur monkeys..u took that stress and heaviness off my heart..dadi is certainly not good for  diabetes.. !!Angry but she is not that bad..she gave us our Rowdy Raizada back..Clap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

soni.bNandalalaDivya1503

soni.b IF-Dazzler
soni.b
soni.b

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by riti4u

"Kabhie kabhie lagta hain hum aapke kitne kareeb hain aur kabhi lagta hain abhi bhi ajnabi hain"

She has seen him in his worst and at his best but never understood what made him rakshas and very next moment her rajkumar. May be time has come for her to know what made Arnav Singh Raizada !!

It was an awesome episode and I am still reeling from the effect of it.There were many highlights ,I will lay my thoughts today on some of them

- Arnav is in deep thoughts ,may be reliving his pain from past when khushi arrives,Khushi as always blaming her for mess created and this is what brings arnav back to present.He sees her tears and it hurts him more so he comforts her saying you were never at fault ,"I was and I forced you!!" BINGO Moment *for those who were jumping for realisation and retrospection*. The MAN gave his verdict today it was his fault at how he forced her to get married.

She sees some hidden emotions in him...she feels there is more to what happened between arnav and dadi...She looks at him..asks him and assures ..I am there,tell me...reassuring that there is shoulder to lean on ...and to cry out..but he is not ready yet..Sometimes wounds are too personal to reveal...it will take time for him to let go of darkest secrets of his past...

Arnav-Dadi Faceoff- We got to see they share same genes..Loved the verbal spat and raw pain in his eyes...when his dadi questions his marriage ...he retorts- ab aayi hain aap...pain naked in those eyes...pain of being abandoned by his own...
then she says those words that pierce his heart- you are like your father. Some past reminder of what his dad did...and there comes a rage in his eyes with his name...Do not compare me to him...and noone says his name here in my house...
some bitter truths will be coming out in coming episode ,may be related with his dad and that must have been reason for his parents death...cant wait ..

FINAL DECLARATION <3
"I wont come to place where my wife is not allowed" with this statement he grants her the respectful place in the house...

It is just short update as I am not well ..But will just like to end on side note- Barun that was again remarkable performance...Stance..grip on ur body language..jaws tightening..eyes glaring..all perfect...Clap
riti...great post!!! enjoyed it!!!
@bold...loved it...specially the part in red!!!!
arnav has to convince khushi of her place in his house...she is already aware of the place in his heart!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nandalalariti4u

redwine1 IF-Rockerz
redwine1
redwine1

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by honeypriya

Post cannot be quoted.

HI PRIYA ...

Brilliant post . once again .. its amazing how u nail it everyday .Big smile. its a most sublime read .. 
I too was floored yesterday by SObti's performance .. it was beyond the superlative .. Dreamboat .. had such depth in him .. was a shocker to me .. 
For me .. dadi .. was the weakest link of the piece .. she needs to stop concentrating on getting her accent right & get down to some expressions .. there are some wonderful actors who excel in drama that she is up against here on IPK sets ..

I am so with you .. the surprise element in uncovering an episode while it airs .. is so much more exciting than knowing ( thru predictions unconfirmed ones at that) .. what will happen .. the excitement sure wears thin .. Big smile

Great Crooner once again Priya .. Clap

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

akshu23sejket2soni.bhoneypriya-Gan-riti4u

Nandalala IF-Rockerz
Nandalala
Nandalala

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by soni.b

hey priya sweetie!!!!Hug

Another brilliant Crooner!!!! totally loved it...specially the beginning...awesome!!!ClapClap again i was wondering abt the title and u have beautifully explained it!!! loved ur take on the epi as usual!!!! lovely quotes!!!

me back to loving the epi...a brilliant epi!!!Big smile

dadi-pota milap...the first scene sets up the tone for the rest of the epi...arnav and nani walks in and finds dadi with anjali and arnav's past comes back to haunt him again...dadi's return takes him back to that fateful night which changed everything for him and anjali!!! nani words brings him back to present and he still trying to control his emotions touches his dadi's feet...who embraces him with love and affection but the pain is visibly etched on arnav's face!!!

nani introduces the bahus of the house...and dadi is not at all pleased when she comes to know that khushi is arnav's wife...loved the aashirwad scene...nani's surprise, khushi's pain and arnav's displeasure when dadi refuses to bless khushi!!!

subhadra-devyani...friends and also bound to each other by their grand children!!! dadi-nani convo...loved it and nani rightfully questions dadi abt her sudden need to know the happenings in their grandchildren's lives and finally she speaks abt the hadsa because of which subhdra had left... only to be told by dadi that she doesn't want to talk abt that incident as it reminds her of a certain woman!!!! loved nani showing her the truth abt how that incident has affected their as well as their grandchildren's lives...how in 15 yrs Mallicks became Raizadas!!!

arnav-khushi...thinking of dadi's behaviour towards her khushi walks back to her room...to find arnav worried and lost in his thoughts...she tries to take the blame for dadi being upset...only to be told by arnav that she is not responsible for anything and also admits to her that he had forced her to marry him and as a result the whole responsibility of that situation is his and not hers!!!! arnav has long realised the mistake he did that night when he married her forcibly and today he admits the same to her and takes full responsibility for his actions!!!!

insight into dadi's pysche or arnav might be looking into mirror...the the words he uses to define his dadi are the same words which defines him...the two reasons which makes him slightly different than dadi are...one he was brought up by devyani and two he was lucky to meet khushi...the woman who has re-defined Arnav Singh Raizada!!! khushi realises arnav's being upset with dadi has something more to it than dadi's not blessing her!!!! she asks arnav to share with her his problems but arnav walks away...he is not ready to talk abt the incident which haunts him...not ready yet as he has still not come to terms with the happenings of that night!!!

thankfully they talked...and also liked that khushi let him know that there are so many things that she still doesn't know abt him!!!! will arnav open up to her or will khushi make an attempt to know arnav and his past????

khushi's realisation...kareeb hai phir bhi ajnabi...she still has a lot to learn abt the man, her husband...what makes him the man he is today, why he behaves the way he does!!! if ASR has got his work cut out for convincing khushi abt her position in his life and RM...then khushi also has her work cut out in figuring out the man in her life!!!!

dadi-arnav...absolutely brilliant face-off between dadi-pota!!! watched the scene couple of times...honestly it was much beter than the arnav-shayam face-off!!! dadi still questioning nani and finally realising that arnav had married without the knowledge or the blessings of the family!!! arnav questioning dadi's rights...she had left them when they needed her the most and now is back after years demanding answers for their actions!!!

arnav has never liked anybody mentioning his father and definitely hates it when he is compared to his father...dadi comparing him to his father and the anger so visible at the comparision..."nahi hi main unki tarah hoon aur nahi kabhi banuga." loved the way he controlled his anger before turning to tell his dadi in clear terms that he does not like anybody taking his father's name in his house!!!!

payal and NK trying to cheer and encourage khushi...they all believe dadi is upset because first khushi had thrown dirty water on her and then no one had actually corrected her perception abt khushi!!!

khushi goes to apologise to dadi only to be shown the hand!!! loved it when arnav walks away from his dadi who was talking to him to go and stand next to khushi..."jahan meri patni nahin aa sakti, mujhe nahin lagta meri wahan koi zaroorat hai." loved khushi's expression when she hears these words...arnav is finally giving her the confidence to believe in their marriage...he is going to stand by her always even if it means him standing up against his own relations!!!

the thing which didn't make sense...dadi had not kept in touch with them for past 15 years...then how did she know abt shyam...they have been married 3-4 years only!!!!ConfusedConfused

RM mein jung chhid gayi hai...dadi Vs pota!!!! two very similar people...stubborn, opiniated and not willing to back down...it is going to be a battle of wills!!! arnav is definitely the male version of dadi...specially the line " jab hum baat kar rahein hain toh hamari poori baat suno." can easily imagine arnav saying it!!! well loha hi loha ko kat ta hai...dadi ser toh pota sava ser...he knows his dadi well and also knows how to handle her!!!Big smile

fearing...the way anjali was with dadi and dadi wanting to correct everything for her...her dislike for khushi may allow her to give shyam a benefit of doubt and she maybe instrumental in getting him back in RM!!!! well guess shyam will come back with a game plan!!!

khushi will win over dadi eventually...she will make sure of it!!! hope dadi has one of her pota's trait...to read eyes specially khushi's!!!!LOL

presence of dadi = old secrets coming out in open???

btw dadi constantly showing her hand...made me feel like she is doing tathastu, whenever her face was not being shown!!!LOL

btw 15 years makes sense if khushi losing her parents is connected to arnav's tragedy!!! khushi was 8 when she lost her parents...15 yrs later she is 23...which was confirmed in the kamlesh khabri epi...arnav turns 28 as per his passport shown in the show ...so he would be 13yrs old when the incident occured!!! guessing anjali must be minimum 18 as she was getting married then...so that would make her 33 yrs old now!!! i know am crazy but the 14 yrs were just not sitting well with me if arnav and khushi's tragedy are connected...14 yrs would mean khushi was 9 but she told arnav that she was 8 when she lost her parents!!!

lastly great performance by all...specially swatiji and jayashriji...though i rarely say so the epi definitely belonged to barun...he was fantastic specially in his scenes with swatiji...you could feel the suppressed anger in him thru the screen when she compares him to his father !!!ClapClapClap

Waiting for tonight!!!

PS...bahut zyada likha hai...hope it makes sense!!!!

PPS...priya kal she je koto baar dhok gillo...hope u mortal still managed to be normal!!!LOLLOLLOL

Sona!!!!!Hug  Loved the post!!! I say always go long!!!  You write so vividly, I can re-live the episode through you words!  Not to mention the fact that you always add a depth to your analysis!  I loved your take on Arnav's psyche!  Also loved how you critically looked at the time lapse...These are lapses that really shouldn't occur, given what we do know about the past and the ages of the protagonist! 

I also liked your question: Dadi's presence definitely suggests the past coming into the forefront!  I just want Dadi to push ASR just enough that we see full-on pyaar ka junoon moving forward!! Can't wait!!!Big smile

sejket2soni.briti4u

soni.b IF-Dazzler
soni.b
soni.b

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Divya1503

What an apt title Priya di!!!Clap Clap Will be waiting for the update!!! Embarrassed

I totally loved the episode!!!!!!Heart Heart Heart  Arnav finally sees his dadi after 14 years(or 15??Confused)!!! I thought he'l be totally gussa par acha potha bankar dadi se aashirwaad liya!!!Embarrassed 

When nani asked if she met everyone in the family, loved the way mami hid behind our NK!!! LOL LOL n wat does dadi mean by saying hamesha ki tarah galat jagah mein dhundat rahi hiConfused
 The faint smile on Arnav's face when nani called out for Khushi!!! one of the awww moments for me!!!Day Dreaming

Photo: Hayeee the proud husband smile ASR gave while nani was introducing khushi to dadi..

credit: FB written updates-IPKKND

I dont want to talk abt dadi's reaction when she came to know Khushi is Arnav's wife!!! Dead Dead 

Oye Dadi!!!! U leave ur grandchildren with their nani n now come back from nowhere to blame our pyaari naniji!!!!Angry N u say no one answered ur questions abt Arnav's marriage n Anjali's pregnancy n ur pyaare daamad!!!! Did u even try to know!!!! Kisi se poochne ki taqleef kyu nahi kiya aapne!!!Dead You thought Khushi was the servant, thats ur problem!!! n when u came to know u're wrong, u r being gussa!!!! WHAT THE!!!!!Angry *phew* hogaya rant!!!D'oh sorry priya di for this one but can't help it!!!D'oh

Arnav going into the silent mode once again for some time! Will Khushi ever stop taking the blame for everything that goes wrong!!!!!Confused Confused N Arnav finally talks!!! Everytime he talks, I'm getting goosebumps these days!!!!!Icon Monkey Yoyo Finally he says it was his galti!!! Hope the redemption asking ppl r happy!!!!D'oh 
The every trait he explained abt dadi, I saw only ASR's traits there!!!!LOL Jaise dadi waisa potha!!! I was wondering how his dad wasStern Smile 

N then enters THE ASR into the scene!!!!!Day Dreaming Day Dreaming hum sab present the Arnav tumhare shaadi pe!!!!!( I know I know its a PJ!!LOL LOL)ab aayi hai aap mujhse yeh sawaal poochne!!!! N y does everyone bring up the issue of his dad when he doesn't want to talk abt him!!!!Ouch pehle nani n now dadi!!!D'oh
N Payal!! U realise ki u shd've talked before itself!!! u r really fast at understanding things!!!!Clap Clap 
N NK u think a sorry can make a family like that a happy family!!!! I pity u!!!Monkey Winks

Loved the way nani tried to calm both dadi n arnav!!! N then comes Khushi!!! Aur phir se dadi ki haath uthgayi to stop her!!!Dialogue tho dadi bol rahi thi abt not going away when she's talking par mere dimaag mein chap gayi yeh ASR ka dialogue!!! Dont u dare walk away when I'm talking Khushi Kumari Gupta!!!! Day Dreaming Day Dreaming

N then comes the epic dialogue!!!
"Jaha meri patni nahi aasakthi, mujhe nahi lagtha ki  meri wahi koyi zaroorat hai" 

ASR to u for that one line!!!!Monkey Icon Monkey Icon Monkey Icon

N the smile on naniji's face when Arnav said that!!! epic!!!!LOL n his aapki marzi was like in ur face dadi!!!!LOL LOL LOL

Precap, the return of nightmares!!! n the efforts of KKGSR to make ASR smile, woh bhi milega may be!!!Embarrassed 

Other thoughts:
- Both Barun Sobti n Swati Chitnis were just awesome in that face off!!!!!!! Monkey Winks Monkey Winks 
- Why meri nazar Khushi ke naye chappal se nahi hath ti!!!Stern Smile 
- The look on Khushi's face when Arnav said the epic line, Sanaya u were awesome!!!!Monkey Winks
- Gabbar singh jaisi dadi saas mili Khushi ko aur Payal ko itni bootiful lady mili saas ke roop mein par phir bhi Payal not happy!!!Stern Smile
- N did ASR's WHAT THE come from his dadi too?????Monkey Icon Cici

PS: This song not leaving my head from the time they played it on SBS!!! One of my all time favourites!!!

divs sweetie!!!!Hug what a post!!! muah for it!!!
absolutely loved it and throughly enjoyed it!!!
teri monkeys ki tareef nahin karungi...kyunki sab karte hai...but loved your Oye dadi!!!!

NandalalaDivya1503riti4u

sree07 IF-Rockerz
sree07
sree07

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:07am | IP Logged
@Priya Nice crooner as usual. Loved the arhi scene description.Clap Waiting for your take on the 'fast' unfolding of 'past.
@Anjali Clap As usual brilliant. I absolutely love the way you write. BS was in top form yesterday. The new actress swati is also needs a stand up ovation for matching BS in screen presence. I loved Daadi-Naani and Daadi - Arnav scenes.

Till yesterday I was a sulking soul about IPK with no clue whats happening around but today Lady Daadi has just revived me. Somehow I have developed a 'unhealthy' love for her. Sans the untouchability issue, she is one to lookout for. One of the interesting and intriguing ones. Selfish but on the face. May be the most strongest (at least on the faceWink) among the lot. Seems like I am gonna love to hate her.Day Dreaming

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mini16Nandalalasubiscshoneypriya-Gan-

Parsha Goldie
Parsha
Parsha

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:12am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=Nandalala]
"Shadow love,
Random love,
And Abandoned love.
Accidentally like a martyr.
The hurt gets worse, and the heart gets harder." 

~Warren Zevon

Take a bow, hun!ClapAn absolutely RIVETING CROONER and an equally fantastic episode!  Your title did such justice to theme of the Crooner...What a fantastic read that was!  The nexus between North and West...What once defined him then,  and what defines him now! I just loved your reference to the glass house--Sheesh Mahal- and what is now his own house of brick and mortar!! For me, the episode was defined by hadsahaq, and belonging...One hadsa--incident--shaped the lives of two innocent children, and their families. Gave birth to a martyr who gave up his childhood, his innocence, his own sense of love and longing because of the antecedents--the past!  Today, a first glimpse into the pathos that I have been harping about for so long!  A man who so desperately wanted to belong, but was not given that opportunity by his own!  A man who made a name for himself but by abandoning the identity given to him...A man molded by his past, yet defiant against it.  Not allowing it to determine his future.  But in the end, this very past would shape his future, drive him to make choices...He knows he can no longer run away from it.  It is here.  It is part of the now!  His heart ready to accept love, yet the past weaves a barb wire around it...

Haq...exercised over & over today!  Used as a justification for words and actions...an endearment shown beautifully in one scene, and as a blanket statement for all things done in the past!  

What does meeting a loved one after 15 years even feel like? Embracing tradition, he bends down to get his grandmother's blessings.  A hug that speaks of innocence and how much she was missed.  Past and present in the forefront as Naani, ever the host, introduces the "new" family members...That initial step as a couple...Seemingly walking towards "home"--all things "Mallik"--that ultimate sign of respect again as they bend down to get the blessing.  His eyes never leave Khushi's face--she is his wife, she has every right--haq--to seek those blessings with him! But the shock at seeing Khushi being treated differently brings back memories...The hand maybe back on his head, but he hasn't forgotten when that very hand left his own...

A conversation between the grandmothers reveals that these two women are very close.  They know each other well...Best friends.  One responsible, the other taking her for granted. In the privacy of their chambers, we learn even more...denial and accusation...Raizada vs. Mallik at play here! Dadi wants quick answers to her Whys?  The Whys surrounding her grandchildren...the minute details of their lives...Naani questions what right--haq--does she have on those children? Why did the Mallik abandon those children?  Why did the Mallik force those children to become Raizadas?  Abandon their own father's name?  Dadi's reality comes to the forefront: she is so quick to dismiss an incident and a face from 15 years ago that changed two lives--her own flesh and blood-- forever!  Offering no credible explanation, yet again--Selfish and without remorse!

An introspective Arnav hears his wife try talk to him about his past.  She can sense his turmoil, anger, and yes, his thoughts...Her own face was a study in sadness as she walked through the hallway,  internalizing everything Dadi said to her just minutes ago, yet when she sees him, she wants to be the soothsayer.  Wants him to know she is there for him!  She is ready to take responsible for Dadi's behavior on herself.  Shayaad...Maybe its her.  Maybe its the way they were wedded...Maybe...He puts an end to her shayaad by taking the guilt of off her!  Sititng on the bed side by side...ever the married couple--Koi nahi jaanta per main jaanta hoon, maine tumhe majboor kiya--with those last four words take complete responsibility for his actions.  Then an explanation...yes, an explanation for Dadi's psyche, but really a reflection on what he himself is thinking...an internal monologue seeks a voice..."Dadi hamesha haar cheez apni angle se dekhti hain..."--how well he knows her--even 15 years later! Like a mirror image to himself...She doesn't easily accept the truth, so singular is she in her views!  Justified? He silently asks Khushi to be the judge.  

His words are a revelation, yet  there are major pieces of the puzzle missing...and she knows it...Today it is her turn...Talk to me, I am here for you! Just like he implored her at the GH...To tell him everything--Khushi tum mujhe baata sakti hoh!   She implores--it is her haq as his wife--"kabhi kabhi humein aisa lagta hai ke hum aapke baarein mein kuch bhi nahin jaantein hain."  Though he hears her, he walks away...he is not ready to talk to her...not yet...not until he gets some answers of his own...

She looks on...a continuation of her earlier thoughts--Khushi's epiphany, her most poignant yet--a reference to the duality in her mind when it comes to Arnav...seemingly her prince at one glance, and a complete stranger, the next! The fairytale reveals itself again!  She now has to look for answers, too...

gif credit: tumblr

A quest for explanations culminates in the most raw and emotionally charged scene we've witnessed from Arnav Singh Raizada in a long time! The pain from recalling that incident slowly finds catharsis as his defiance takes over. He reminds Dadi of the facts, as they stand now--The "haq" she lost when she walked away from her grandchildren. I couldn't help but think of the death anniversary scene from last year...the look in his eyes...the depth of betrayal and saddness so evident...And today he rose above it! He reminds her of his reality--three poignant declarations!  Yes, Priya, he is the master of his own domain: 1) He is not defined by the sins of his father--"Nahi mein unki tarah hoon, nahi hi banoonga"--others may see him as a shadow of that man, but Arnav Singh Raizada is who he is!  2) "Iss ghar mein--in this which is his house--koi bhi unka naam le, mujhe pasand nahi!" 3) Jahan meri patni nahi aa sakti, mujhe nahi lagta ki meri wahan koi zaroorat hai!" He has now made it clear to Dadi that his shore lies elsewhere!! By turning his back on Dadi, and physically walking over to Khushi he has exercised his haq as her husband in front of his paternal family, and essentially stated that  Mallik DOES NOT matter to him!!  Blood maybe thicker than water, but here, water trumps (pun intended!), yet again!  Indeed, when the king returns home after 14 years, he won't be alone! In fact, every nayi shuruaat, will be with his Khushi, and her alone--North defined by West! And most importantly, he will return on his terms!! An interesting note to this scene, and one you picked up, too: the conversation that Devyani started earlier is now completed by Arnav--in keeping with that long shot visual we saw in Monday's episode where Devyani and Arnav walked in arm in arm!  

Other Notes~

~I was happy we had a relative "Anjali-free" epi today! Made it that much more impactful without that sullen face!

~Finally some clarity on Dadi's truth--she never intended to see or meet her grandchildren, in spite of ASR's efforts (I now stand corrected, guys!Embarrassed)...Still begs the question: why is she there now?

~The FIGHTER--need I saw more!Day Dreaming

~Fabulous chemistry between our couple just sitting on that bed...such a comfort level as they reach out to each other...what had started that very morning, still evident in spite of the strain on both of them...Embarrassed

~The "meri patni" Rabba Ve--Awww...the awakening now has new meaning!  Its no longer "their secret"!!Big smile

~NK's First impression...Last impressions dialogue:  Very, very interesting! I couldn't help but think of ArHi as well when I heard his words...How far we've come.  Impressions can and do change!  Such a great metaphor for what we'll see going forward!  

~"Sorry" makes everything better--again, couldn't help but think back to ArHi...how difficult it was for Arnav to say that word at one time, and how easily Khushi takes it on!

~Payal--ah, my wrath has no limit!!! Wow, she knows and admits she was a ttl coward and did not stand up for her sister...and then has the audacity to remind Khushi she should say sorry!!!   What happened to your apology, Payal?Angry

~Mamiji: DeadDeadAngry Her goatwa-sherni dialogue WAS NOT funny!  Crass mocking!  So not done!Dead

I had goosebumps watching Sobti today...He understands Swati Chitnis' strengths so well, and he played beautifully to it!  His body language, diction, and that uber confidence shone in every scene.  It is such a pleasure to watch a lead who is so CONSISTENT in his performance.  Without fail.  Jayashree T and Swatiji just had amazing timing and chemistry!!  *Bows*... Sanaya was lovely in that scene as she walks down the hallway...my heart fell for her completely!  Loved her monologue delivery, too!  Ah, we are back to dreams and nightmares tomorrow...I have seen the spoiler pics on the last Crooner-- a wonderful instance where reality will be so much better than his dreams!!!Big smile   [QUOTE] 

GOOSEBUMPS..is the word for  crooner today ...loved  .ur WU...n somehow it gave words to my thoughts..how i love the way you all construct your sentences and give soo much meaning to each of them..i fail to do it..!! Haqq..hadsa..belonging..n i was like yes..dot on!! Priya's glass house and how u connected it to sheesh mahal..abhi chamka LOL..thodi daer mai but thank god meri batti jali toh!! ClapClap

Edited by Parsha - 08 August 2012 at 12:13am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mini16Nandalalasubiscs-Prashu-honeypriyaOmoraboti

soni.b IF-Dazzler
soni.b
soni.b

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nandalala

"Shadow love,
Random love,
And Abandoned love.
Accidentally like a martyr.
The hurt gets worse, and the heart gets harder." 

~Warren Zevon

Take a bow, hun!ClapAn absolutely RIVETING CROONER and an equally fantastic episode!  Your title did such justice to theme of the Crooner...What a fantastic read that was!  The nexus between North and West...What once defined him then,  and what defines him now! I just loved your reference to the glass house--Sheesh Mahal- and what is now his own house of brick and mortar!! For me, the episode was defined by hadsahaq, and belonging...One hadsa--incident--shaped the lives of two innocent children, and their families. Gave birth to a martyr who gave up his childhood, his innocence, his own sense of love and longing because of the antecedents--the past!  Today, a first glimpse into the pathos that I have been harping about for so long!  A man who so desperately wanted to belong, but was not given that opportunity by his own!  A man who made a name for himself but by abandoning the identity given to him...A man molded by his past, yet defiant against it.  Not allowing it to determine his future.  But in the end, this very past would shape his future, drive him to make choices...He knows he can no longer run away from it.  It is here.  It is part of the now!  His heart ready to accept love, yet the past weaves a barb wire around it...

Haq...exercised over & over today!  Used as a justification for words and actions...an endearment shown beautifully in one scene, and as a blanket statement for all things done in the past!  

What does meeting a loved one after 15 years even feel like? Embracing tradition, he bends down to get his grandmother's blessings.  A hug that speaks of innocence and how much she was missed.  Past and present in the forefront as Naani, ever the host, introduces the "new" family members...That initial step as a couple...Seemingly walking towards "home"--all things "Mallik"--that ultimate sign of respect again as they bend down to get the blessing.  His eyes never leave Khushi's face--she is his wife, she has every right--haq--to seek those blessings with him! But the shock at seeing Khushi being treated differently brings back memories...The hand maybe back on his head, but he hasn't forgotten when that very hand left his own...

A conversation between the grandmothers reveals that these two women are very close.  They know each other well...Best friends.  One responsible, the other taking her for granted. In the privacy of their chambers, we learn even more...denial and accusation...Raizada vs. Mallik at play here! Dadi wants quick answers to her Whys?  The Whys surrounding her grandchildren...the minute details of their lives...Naani questions what right--haq--does she have on those children? Why did the Mallik abandon those children?  Why did the Mallik force those children to become Raizadas?  Abandon their own father's name?  Dadi's reality comes to the forefront: she is so quick to dismiss an incident and a face from 15 years ago that changed two lives--her own flesh and blood-- forever!  Offering no credible explanation, yet again--Selfish and without remorse!

An introspective Arnav hears his wife try talk to him about his past.  She can sense his turmoil, anger, and yes, his thoughts...Her own face was a study in sadness as she walked through the hallway,  internalizing everything Dadi said to her just minutes ago, yet when she sees him, she wants to be the soothsayer.  Wants him to know she is there for him!  She is ready to take responsible for Dadi's behavior on herself.  Shayaad...Maybe its her.  Maybe its the way they were wedded...Maybe...He puts an end to her shayaad by taking the guilt of off her!  Sititng on the bed side by side...ever the married couple--Koi nahi jaanta per main jaanta hoon, maine tumhe majboor kiya--with those last four words take complete responsibility for his actions.  Then an explanation...yes, an explanation for Dadi's psyche, but really a reflection on what he himself is thinking...an internal monologue seeks a voice..."Dadi hamesha haar cheez apni angle se dekhti hain..."--how well he knows her--even 15 years later! Like a mirror image to himself...She doesn't easily accept the truth, so singular is she in her views!  Justified? He silently asks Khushi to be the judge.  

His words are a revelation, yet  there are major pieces of the puzzle missing...and she knows it...Today it is her turn...Talk to me, I am here for you! Just like he implored her at the GH...To tell him everything--Khushi tum mujhe baata sakti hoh!   She implores--it is her haq as his wife--"kabhi kabhi humein aisa lagta hai ke hum aapke baarein mein kuch bhi nahin jaantein hain."  Though he hears her, he walks away...he is not ready to talk to her...not yet...not until he gets some answers of his own...

She looks on...a continuation of her earlier thoughts--Khushi's epiphany, her most poignant yet--a reference to the duality in her mind when it comes to Arnav...seemingly her prince at one glance, and a complete stranger, the next! The fairytale reveals itself again!  She now has to look for answers, too...

gif credit: tumblr

A quest for explanations culminates in the most raw and emotionally charged scene we've witnessed from Arnav Singh Raizada in a long time! The pain from recalling that incident slowly finds catharsis as his defiance takes over. He reminds Dadi of the facts, as they stand now--The "haq" she lost when she walked away from her grandchildren. I couldn't help but think of the death anniversary scene from last year...the look in his eyes...the depth of betrayal and saddness so evident...And today he rose above it! He reminds her of his reality--three poignant declarations!  Yes, Priya, he is the master of his own domain: 1) He is not defined by the sins of his father--"Nahi mein unki tarah hoon, nahi hi banoonga"--others may see him as a shadow of that man, but Arnav Singh Raizada is who he is!  2) "Iss ghar mein--in this which is his house--koi bhi unka naam le, mujhe pasand nahi!" 3) Jahan meri patni nahi aa sakti, mujhe nahi lagta ki meri wahan koi zaroorat hai!" He has now made it clear to Dadi that his shore lies elsewhere!! By turning his back on Dadi, and physically walking over to Khushi he has exercised his haq as her husband in front of his paternal family, and essentially stated that  Mallik DOES NOT matter to him!!  Blood maybe thicker than water, but here, water trumps (pun intended!), yet again!  Indeed, when the king returns home after 14 years, he won't be alone! In fact, every nayi shuruaat, will be with his Khushi, and her alone--North defined by West! And most importantly, he will return on his terms!! An interesting note to this scene, and one you picked up, too: the conversation that Devyani started earlier is now completed by Arnav--in keeping with that long shot visual we saw in Monday's episode where Devyani and Arnav walked in arm in arm!  

Other Notes~

~I was happy we had a relative "Anjali-free" epi today! Made it that much more impactful without that sullen face!

~Finally some clarity on Dadi's truth--she never intended to see or meet her grandchildren, in spite of ASR's efforts (I now stand corrected, guys!Embarrassed)...Still begs the question: why is she there now?

~The FIGHTER--need I saw more!Day Dreaming

~Fabulous chemistry between our couple just sitting on that bed...such a comfort level as they reach out to each other...what had started that very morning, still evident in spite of the strain on both of them...Embarrassed

~The "meri patni" Rabba Ve--Awww...the awakening now has new meaning!  Its no longer "their secret"!!Big smile

~NK's First impression...Last impressions dialogue:  Very, very interesting! I couldn't help but think of ArHi as well when I heard his words...How far we've come.  Impressions can and do change!  Such a great metaphor for what we'll see going forward!  

~"Sorry" makes everything better--again, couldn't help but think back to ArHi...how difficult it was for Arnav to say that word at one time, and how easily Khushi takes it on!

~Payal--ah, my wrath has no limit!!! Wow, she knows and admits she was a ttl coward and did not stand up for her sister...and then has the audacity to remind Khushi she should say sorry!!!   What happened to your apology, Payal?Angry

~Mamiji: DeadDeadAngry Her goatwa-sherni dialogue WAS NOT funny!  Crass mocking!  So not done!Dead

I had goosebumps watching Sobti today...He understands Swati Chitnis' strengths so well, and he played beautifully to it!  His body language, diction, and that uber confidence shone in every scene.  It is such a pleasure to watch a lead who is so CONSISTENT in his performance.  Without fail.  Jayashree T and Swatiji just had amazing timing and chemistry!!  *Bows*... Sanaya was lovely in that scene as she walks down the hallway...my heart fell for her completely!  Loved her monologue delivery, too!  Ah, we are back to dreams and nightmares tomorrow...I have seen the spoiler pics on the last Crooner--a wonderful instance where reality will be so much better than his dreams!!!Big smile
anji sweetie!!!!Hug
as usual a brilliant post...loved it!!!! started highlighting then left it cause would have highlighted the whole post!!!! loved your take...specially the dadi-arnav and arnav-khushi scenes!!!! other notes...awesome!!! your question on why dadi came back made me wonder too...as she never wanted to see anyone of them in the first place...she definitely has some reasons for coming back!!!
PS...sorry couldn't reply in the previous crooner...thnks a ton for ur wishes!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mini16Nandalala

Go to top