Originally posted by dramacrazy12
I have been extremely excited eversince the latest track begun. While the romantic in me cannot get enough of the romance and the chemistry on the show, I must confess it is thier past that has always intrigued me. Based on promo thier past seem to be linked, it is interesting that same past turned them into three completely different personalities- Arnav into a ruthless, decisive , manipulative tycoon with a golden heart. Anjali into a clingy, emotionally weak pious lady and khushi into a ray of sunshine who tends to overlook the ugliness in life.
Some quick things that I loved about today's episode
Khushi's surprise when Arnav admits his mistake: Very well done. Khushi has never truly understood Arnav. She has been a constant victim of his mercurial temperament and after having her heart broken so many times, she finds it hard to trust him and his commitment. While he has indicated that he will stand by her, I don't think she ever trusted that. However Arnav made good on his word today. In past episodes, he has returned her dignity and pride by gifting her a pearl necklace. Today he returned her innocence by exonerating her from any wrong doing or marraige. I think Arnav's redemption is complete today with his confession.
Arnav's seething anger and meloncholy, Nani playing peace maker: Barunand Jayshree really stood out in these scenes.
The last two episodes had enough undercurrents that made me scratch my head wondering if I was imagining things, or they were just blooperss omething that CVs overlooked.What I find interesting is that apart from some suggestive dialogues and FB, there was never any concrete proof to any aspect of past. Here are couple of thoughts to ponder on when it comes to past
1)Anjali displayed an warmth towards dadi while both Arnav and Nani while happy and nostalgic to see her did not seem very excited to find her in RM. There was a distinct coolness in thier reception. Infact Nani seemed more scared than worried when she found out Dadi was missing. Makes me wonder why- Was it because she abandoned them or because of the role she might have played in the tragedy
So with u .. tried bringing this out in my post .. looking at the way Dadi behaved in general with all .. it seemed she was a crusty woman .. who cannot warm upto anyone .. i think .. there wud've been a background of Arnav mom here somewhere as well .. TYPICAL .. woman of heart land of India .. cant express feelings .. & most are not warm ... i think it was this that Arnav reacted to ..
2)Dadi did not display the same level of affection towards Anjali as she did towards Arnav until she found out that he was Khushi's husband. Is it because like most traditional families she tended to prefer grandson over grand daughter or was it random. In the same vein while she asked about damadji, she never questioned how Anjali was at her brother's house something that a traditionalist like her would have immedietly pointed out.
U know for me Dadi .. dint express the right kinda expressions in all scenes for the last 2 days .. one can only hope as time progresses the lady sets in to her role & expresses .. all her expressions were way off base .. & her dialogue delivery was even worse . bUT yes she looked like the kind .. "MERA BETA " " MERA MALE GRANDCHILD" HUMARA VANSH"
BUT then what VANSH .. when the grandchild changed his identity ...
3) It is almost odd that Anjali was not aware that they had been abandoned by Dadi and she was living at an Ashram. Does this mean that she was protected from the complete truth of tragedy years ago? Are the Malik kids truly aware of all that had happened?
ECHOES OF THE PAST ... WILL NEED TO WAIT FOR CURTAIN UNVEILING
4)What circumstance took Dadi to living life in an Ashram and refusing to see the faces of her family. What led her to abandon her kids when they were thrown out of thier home by her other son? Was it guilt or penance? Was it the pain of losing her son? Did she believe that they deserved that fate? Was she angry with them (or thier mother)and thus left them stranded?
ECHOES OF THE PAST ... WILL NEED TO WAIT FOR CURTAIN UNVEILING
5) It is almost odd but Subhadra devi speaks perfect hindi (as someone pointed out yesterday) while Nani speaks a dialect. Also what is interesting is that while Maliks seemed to be pretty rich, nothing much has been said about the Raizadas. We do know that all thier current riches came from Arnav's business which was financed by Mami's jewelery. It is almost strange that they seem to have no other businessor profession of thier own before AR design. Does that mean that they were financially weaker than Maliks or did they have to flee Lucknow at some point leaving all thier assets behind?Given Dadi's arrogance and the fact that nani and dadi were friends and relatives, I have to assume it was latter.
SUPERB POINTER .. PUJA .
6)Why did they change thier names to Raizadas? Was it because they were disgusted by thier dad's activities and wanted to distance themselves from that name or were there more practical reasons like security and well being of the Malik kids.
OH THIS IS THE BIGGEST ONE . THE DAY THEY UNCOVER THIS .. IS THE DAY WE WILL KNOW THE PAST .. THIS IS THE ONE THING WHICH HAS BOTHERED ME FROM DAY 1 OF THE SERIAL .. ( I DINT KNOW PAST WAS OF QUESTION AS I HAD NOT SEEN THE 5TH PROMO)
7) Nani and Arnav seem to hate Dad so much so that Arnav considers it a slur on his character when he is compared to his dad. Dadi on the other hand seems to believe that Arnav should respect his dad. It has been hinted that Senior Malik was outspoken and did not believe in sanctity of the marraige. Arnav's perception would be colored by Nani's view who lost her daughter while Dadi's perspective is colored by tradition and son's love. Makes me wonder if he was really that bad.
8) What would have led a bride to be left at altar and a mother to commit suicide (if that is what indeed happened) ...maybe turn of fortune or a really shameful truth coming to light. Would Khushi's parents be somehow involved in this. Did they loose thier life somehow in the entire incident.
9) Is Garima truly Khushi's blood aunt or is she a good samritan who took an orphan under her wings? Did Khushi's parents truly die in a accident ?
10) Arnav feels that Dadi has always been biased. why does he think that , did she misbehave with his mother too?