Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Director' Cut : 7th August, 2012 (Page 30)

paayaal Goldie
paayaal
paayaal

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 4:19am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..mrinalini..

Lizzy2012 IF-Rockerz
Lizzy2012
Lizzy2012

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 4:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maverick29

Originally posted by Lizzy2012

Originally posted by sampin

Originally posted by iritz

Originally posted by Maverick29

Girls...

Our friend Maverick29 has posted this on another thread... I have replied to him on a PM and will be posting my reply next... What do you think of the above post !!! Let's have a healthy discussion !!!

It's nothing but a venting out of  a  frustrated Khushi fan...I've been a fan of his write-ups but sorry..Couldn't agree with his points here...
He is right in some ways but could have worded it better. From an woman's pov..I hate khushi being treated as a punch bag..but if u look at the story..it is probably needed so that arnav realises the extent of khushi's hurt at his hands..not saying he has not realised..dadi's actions seemed a reflection of his own till sometime back..this can taken as another step towards correction of mistakes ..

Maverick is right about the doormatish attitude of the woman in Indian soaps.the modern woman seems to put off audiences..or is it that writers have created stereotypes that have imprinted itself in ppl's brains..anyway u look at it there is a need for change in the way writers approach the woman characters

Wording depends entirely on the level of Frustration.  So, wording was just spontaneous.  If you were standing in front of me, listening would have been worse.

Here is the reason why:

There are very few things that make me cringe.  May be I am not used to this kind of "constant badgering of characters" -- this is my first hindi show and I have no experience watching them.

I got hooked because of a smiling assassin Khushi -- fun loving, pooh poohing all kinds of difficulties and living life to its fullest.  I dont like watching people cry.  I actually may not have seen that many people cry in the first place.  Especially a woman.  I thought Indians hated making a girl cry because of the theory that "you dont treat the Lakshmi of the house badly".

When I started watching this show with Khushi crying practically every day after her marriage, I thought that they had a plan that would make it stop.  But hell it continued and now they found another reason to make her cry.  What the HELL.

So, to explain how it makes me feel I have to tell you this anecdote.  Back with the US war on Iraq started (I opposed the war by the way) in the early days I was in HK on business and I got this email with a video.  I usually dont open them and I dont give out my email ID that easily.  This day for some reason, I opened the damn thing.  To my shock it was a video of one of the "American Contractors" being "Beheaded" by Iraqis with some words said before the actual act.  I CRINGED and felt very nauseous -- mind you I have seen some crazy things in my life but watching them cut off that head was just too brutal -- that part of the video lasted just about 30 secs.

When I watch Khushi and tears in her eyes constantly as written by these directors, I get the same feeling.  It makes me feel sick to my stomach that we are still making this kind of entertainment.  I never felt that way for the first 185 episodes because there was a reason when she cried and I understand that women cry easier than men.  But these days, when she cries with all the pain that started with a forced marriage -- it makes me go crazy.   I have been rationalizing it with some crap or the other but just this amount of crying is just painful.

Cheers.
Hiya mav,
I have read a few of your posts in the forum..really loved the one on Yayati complex as debates on mythology really leave me intellectually  fulfilled..

Coming to your diatribe on  dadi's characteristion  and khushi's tears.. To be honest on a personal level hated dadi..but I cannot refute the fact that modern India has characters  like those looming large and casting their dark shadow on ppl's daily lives..should I call the character a reel reflecting the real  or should I call it the truth  portrayed but with a fictional note.so I was not surprised by it..wanted to know whether you live in India or abroad,..see however educated a girl is,she is asked to compromise at her inlaws place..if not directly then beneath the layers of so called modernity

Secondly everybody would vouch for the fact that I adore khushi..she is my sunshine girl..probably relate to her on a personal level too..I started watching this show due to her..when ppl were criiticising her so called OTT..I was one of those who defended her..every character undergoes transformation or else should say grows according to the track requirements ..the track requirement is such that khushi's character is confused right now..she is wondering whether she is responsible for the entire fiasco..so the tears..deep down she is scarred too..but masks her hurt with OTT.but today she has somebody who she can openly show that she is hurt or should I say somebody who reads her behind the mask..so the tears..for me dadi's taunts to khushi is natural progression of arnav to correct his mistakes..but what u may call redemption..acc to me a character like  like arnav needs a mirror a mirror to show that his mistakes..he needs to know that he is living in a glass house too..the correction is required there..I hate justifying this..but am doing it so because it is the need of the hour.

One more thing..there are execution mistakes on this show and the script has its own faults..so which script doesn't   ..I am not saying your stance is wrong..because there is nothing wrong or right in one's POV ..all I am saying is that don't take this show to heart ..enjoy the good moments and throw the regressive one aside

Edited by Lizzy2012 - 08 August 2012 at 4:25am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamer-89crazyaddictionPriyaR-jeesaSarun_4everaishu30Maverick29paayaalredwine1nebuna

coolgal270 IF-Rockerz
coolgal270
coolgal270

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Hello people!
Kya discussion chal raha hai?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..ObliViate..

..ObliViate.. IF-Sizzlerz
..ObliViate..
..ObliViate..

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 4:42am | IP Logged
Hai sumi...is thr nyone here...???
..mrinalini.. IF-Rockerz
..mrinalini..
..mrinalini..

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 4:44am | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]
Hiya mav,
I have read a few of your posts in the forum..really loved the one on Yayati complex as debates on mythology really leave me intellectually  fulfilled..

Coming to your diatribe on  dadi's characteristion  and khushi's tears.. To be honest on a personal level hated dadi..but I cannot refute the fact that modern India has characters  like those looming large and casting their dark shadow on ppl's daily lives..should I call the character a reel reflecting the real  or should I call it the truth  portrayed but with a fictional note.so I was not surprised by it..wanted to know whether you live in India or abroad,..see however educated a girl is,she is asked to compromise at her inlaws place..if not directly then beneath the layers of so called modernity

Secondly everybody would vouch for the fact that I adore khushi..she is my sunshine girl..probably relate to her on a personal level too..I started watching this show due to her..when ppl were criiticising her so called OTT..I was one of those who defended her..every character undergoes transformation or else should say grows according to the track requirements ..the track requirement is such that khushi's character is confused right now..she is wondering whether she is responsible for the entire fiasco..so the tears..deep down she is scarred too..but masks her hurt with OTT.but today she has somebody who she can openly show that she is hurt or should I say somebody who reads her behind the mask..so the tears..for me dadi's taunts to khushi is natural progression of arnav to correct his mistakes..but what u may call redemption..acc to me a character like  like arnav needs a mirror a mirror to show that his mistakes..he needs to know that he is living in a glass house too..the correction is required there..I hate justifying this..but am doing it so because it is the need of the hour.

One more thing..there are execution mistakes on this show and the script has its own faults..so which script doesn't   ..I am not saying your stance is wrong..because there is nothing wrong or right in one's POV ..all I am saying is that don't take this show to heart ..enjoy the good moments and throw the regressive one aside
[/QUOTE]

I came across this post..I was going but stopped by...Here most people at DC are older to me...by age and by experience..and hence I with my lack of experience and more fan girlish attitude can be on the wrong path...But whatever understanding I have of human nature...I can just tell...these two characters..Khushi and Arnav...they are both mirrors for each other...What Arnav did to Khushi...was beyond acceptable...But tell me WHY DID KHUSHI FALL IN LOVE WITH ARNAV IN THE FIRST PLACE??No one asked her to,did they??Again Khushi is like a mirror for Arnav...who makes her see HIMSELF...The real ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA...If Khushi's never-say-die spirit,her sunny nature has her past behind it...ASR's wrath,inner turmoils,his isecurities too has his past behind them...

If today..any injustice meted out to Khushi...catches our eye,we should also have the courage to accept that Arnav wasn't born this cruel man..and that there's a reason behind it...Today people are bashing Daadi because Khushi is being tortured..When Arnav was kidnapped and tortured inhumanly...where were these people??Then "Arnav was paying for the injustices towards Khushi!!"right??!!Ridiculous,I say!!Because this forum is more a battlefield these days...I love this show for Arnav and for Khushi...and if I stand beside Arnav today,tomorrow I won't hestitate a bit to stand beside Khushi...I know I have that courage...

And kudos to Gul...Who in this world of pseudo-feminism could introduce a character like Daadi...who though totally loathsome...is a reflection of most elders in Indian society!!

BTW...I hope my friends at DC understand I was NOT bashing anyone in particular...Just felt the need to say this!!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

suhanamausamDreamer-89crazyaddictionaishu30paayaalLizzy2012..ObliViate..

redwine1 IF-Rockerz
redwine1
redwine1

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 4:48am | IP Logged

I came across this post..I was going but stopped by...Here most people at DC are older to me...by age and by experience..and hence I with my lack of experience and more fan girlish attitude can be on the wrong path...But whatever understanding I have of human nature...I can just tell...these two characters..Khushi and Arnav...they are both mirrors for each other...What Arnav did to Khushi...was beyond acceptable...But tell me WHY DID KHUSHI FALL IN LOVE WITH ARNAV IN THE FIRST PLACE??No one asked her to,did they??Again Khushi is like a mirror for Arnav...who makes her see HIMSELF...The real ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA...If Khushi's never-say-die spirit,her sunny nature has her past behind it...ASR's wrath,inner turmoils,his isecurities too has his past behind them...

If today..any injustice meted out to Khushi...catches our eye,we should also have the courage to accept that Arnav wasn't born this cruel man..and that there's a reason behind it...Today people are bashing Daadi because Khushi is being tortured..When Arnav was kidnapped and tortured inhumanly...where were these people??Then "Arnav was paying for the injustices towards Khushi!!"right??!!Ridiculous,I say!!Because this forum is more a battlefield these days...I love this show for Arnav and for Khushi...and if I stand beside Arnav today,tomorrow I won't hestitate a bit to stand beside Khushi...I know I have that courage...

And kudos to Gul...Who in this world of pseudo-feminism could introduce a character like Daadi...who though totally loathsome...is a reflection of most elders in Indian society!!

BTW...I hope my friends at DC understand I was NOT bashing anyone in particular...Just felt the need to say this!!
[/QUOTE]

I WILL REPLY TO THIS .. IN JUST A BIT .. 

BUT PLEASE ACCEPT .. Clap

THIS IS A STANDING OVATION .. FOR UR THOTS .. 

THEN ALSO ACCEPT THIS 

AngryAngryAngry .. BUDHA BANA DIYA .. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

paayaalGirlOfFire..mrinalini..

nebuna IF-Rockerz
nebuna
nebuna

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 4:51am | IP Logged
sampin see

though arnav has a bad past you have no rights to spoil
another girls life
remember kushi was just attracted to him
but she was not in love at that point
if he had nt forced her into marriage
she would nt have going through dadi words now
support is fine  the root cause is arnav

dont think i am taking on you
i am trying to explain

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamer-89meghavn..mrinalini..Lizzy2012redwine1

..ObliViate.. IF-Sizzlerz
..ObliViate..
..ObliViate..

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 4:53am | IP Logged
Hay samm dont worry we r of same age group...Wink...nd i kn u r vry ballanced in case of supporting or commnting on ny character...i do read ur commnts...!!...chill samm.
Ppl taking chracters too seriously...do discuss abt thm...do analyse ovr thm...thr needs to be limit of commnting...(no offence to nyone)
abt DADI...see these types woman r still in this world its nt unreal...a writer cant creat a character 4m the heaven...thr always something related to reality...though i m also upset with too much humilation to ny characters...bt TRP end of the day matters...!!...

Edited by Krishyy808 - 08 August 2012 at 4:54am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Sarun_4everaishu30redwine1..mrinalini..

Go to top