Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Director' Cut : 7th August, 2012 (Page 3)

kushikumari Goldie
kushikumari
kushikumari

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bidz

Wow! An intense, emotional and power packed episode!  I was almost laughing to see the similarity between Arnav and his dadi. Dadi ran away from everyone after that dreadful incident, while Arnav went into his own shell, donning on the powerful ASR mask.  I literally cracked up when dadi said "jab hum baat kar rahen hai hamari baat suno". Arnav, how does it feel to be shown the mirror in the form of dadi?

There are so many layers to Arnav-dadi relationship. He got so emotional on seeing her.  He touched her feet and hugged her without any hesitation whatsoever.  It shows how much he respects and loves her.  At the same time there is anger at her because she abandoned them at the worst time in their lives. It is interesting to see that the two have completely different viewpoints about that fateful night. A woman is responsible for wrecking their lives, but while the dadi holds the woman responsible for the entire fiasco, Arnav holds his dad responsible for the same. Though he has always cringed when nani has equated him to his dad in the past, he has vocalized for the first time that he was never and will never be like him. I must say I like this characterization of dadi very much.  She is ASR's dadi in the true sense.  So, brace yourselves for the clash of titans when somehow Khushi 's past gets intertwined in their very messy past. 

I also wanted to talk couple of lines about the controversial repentance track that many are talking about.  We see love, tenderness, protectiveness and possessiveness from the husband and the lover.  This has not been shown just today. It has been shown ever since they got back home from the kidnapping fiasco. When he gave her those gifts, it was just to get a smile on her face.  He knew his di was having issues with his Khushi. He very artfully let his di know how important Khushi was to him. He knows of her selfless nature to take the blame for everything. That is why he told her in no uncertain terms today to not even think of taking the blame for their marriage.  He has let her importance be known to everyone that matter. He gave her the respect in front of his dadi today. He hurts when she hurts and smiles when she does. Finally, don't forget that he revived her from the dead through his heartbeat. So, these two speak a completely different language.  To me, if a man stands by me the way he has, I honestly don't need anything else.

Finally, my last point before I sign out.  I don't think the contract marriage clause will come out in the open at all. The reason being that there are some issues that have always stayed personal between them and this seems like one of them.  All pointers hints at re-marriage, and that is likely to happen but I doubt if it will be because of family coming to know about the contract. Don't ask me why I feel that way. It is just a gut feeling. Having said that, I do suck at predicting, so if it indeed comes out in the open, I will happily take the humble pieSmile

Bidz,
wonderful points...  repentance, redemption... not sure how people want to see it, but, i have a feeling these people want an OTT Devdas style, ASR. That's probably the only thing that will satisfy them! But then, our Arnav has to be back to ASR for a moment with a rude/ insensitive comment for everyone to cry foul again. So, there really is no point in trying to please the lot...
Having said that, yes, i agree with you on how well ASR's character is shaping up - a lot stronger and bolder than most men out there Ouch!!  For all the points you have mentioned, if this is not redemption- ASR's journey in realizing and setting his mistakes right, then, someone please tell me the meaning of redemption. i truly love how this man has evolved, and that too, into such a wonderfully strong and righteous person.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Lizzy2012samanthana

bidz IF-Dazzler
bidz
bidz

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kushikumari

Bidz,
wonderful points...  repentance, redemption... not sure how people want to see it, but, i have a feeling these people want an OTT Devdas style, ASR. That's probably the only thing that will satisfy them! But then, our Arnav has to be back to ASR for a moment with a rude/ insensitive comment for everyone to cry foul again. So, there really is no point in trying to please the lot...
Having said that, yes, i agree with you on how well ASR's character is shaping up - a lot stronger and bolder than most men out there Ouch!!  For all the points you have mentioned, if this is not redemption- ASR's journey in realizing and setting his mistakes right, then, someone please tell me the meaning of redemption. i truly love how this man has evolved, and that too, into such a wonderfully strong and righteous person.

You're right Khushi. I can't speak for others but I definitely don't want to see a begging/groveling devdaas style Arnav. BTW, this so called redemption is a journey. It has just started. He will prove time and again why he is "duniya ke sabse achche pati"Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kushikumari

droopy_asleep Goldie
droopy_asleep
droopy_asleep

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Marking the thread; new to DC and IPK (caught up now)...have to applaud the writers here, beautiful analysis and wonderful discussions :)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

paayaaliritzredwine1Lizzy2012

vkp1989 IF-Rockerz
vkp1989
vkp1989

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Lovely post and analysis.
Erika1 Goldie
Erika1
Erika1

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
Ruby, darling, you need to translate in english too please, LOL, your message to the producer.Wink
Waiting rather impatiently for you take.

redwine1IllGetOverIpk

Lizzy2012 IF-Rockerz
Lizzy2012
Lizzy2012

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
updated on pg 1

paayaalIllGetOverIpk

mahamluvsbs IF-Sizzlerz
mahamluvsbs
mahamluvsbs