Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Director' Cut : 7th August, 2012 (Page 27)

Maverick29 Goldie
Maverick29
Maverick29

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sampin

It's nothing but a venting out of  a  frustrated Khushi fan...I've been a fan of his write-ups but sorry..Couldn't agree with his points here...
[/QUOTE]
He is right in some ways but could have worded it better. From an woman's pov..I hate khushi being treated as a punch bag..but if u look at the story..it is probably needed so that arnav realises the extent of khushi's hurt at his hands..not saying he has not realised..dadi's actions seemed a reflection of his own till sometime back..this can taken as another step towards correction of mistakes ..

Maverick is right about the doormatish attitude of the woman in Indian soaps.the modern woman seems to put off audiences..or is it that writers have created stereotypes that have imprinted itself in ppl's brains..anyway u look at it there is a need for change in the way writers approach the woman characters
[/QUOTE]

That I agree..But somehow he's too acerbic and I couldn't connect to his diatribe...It's a pity that writers can't do away with the doormatish attitude of women on Indian TV...It seems they deserve a sadistic pleasure projecting women as bechari...And I was disappointed...In view of the fact that no one in RM has behaved with Khushi in this way...It has been such a balanced and sensible household...To see such a Daadi...They could have taken another path!!

And he irked me with "redemption"...That one word is enough to boil my blood,period!!
[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Yep it is a guy thing.  When we get angry it is difficult to hold back on the language.  I did do my best otherwise it would have been much worse.  As I explained my problem is with the "tears" -- I cannot stand people showing a woman's tears as entertainment.  This is like constant angst on an on and Khushi is practically a Glycerin ball one min and then a happy girl the next.  They keep doing this over an over again.

I read something hilarious some where -- "I dont know how much water Anjali drinks to be able to cry this long"!!!  Entertainment which is supposed to be about a love story cannot have people CRYING like this all the time and there is no way even in the ancient times women were these kinds of doormats.  Especially Indian women in some middle class families are nice may be too nice but never really "doormats" as far as I have heard.  This constant crap is just too boring.

At least that is my take.  If they think they know better, let us see who is vindicated in the end.

Cheers.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

paayaaliritzredwine1

..ObliViate.. IF-Sizzlerz
..ObliViate..
..ObliViate..

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lizzy2012

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon: Dadi refuses Khushi as Arnav's wifelcredit -chowna

Hum Bhi Hain Josh Mein
Baatein Kar Hosh Mein
Yoon Na Aankhein Dikha
Sailaru Sailare Kya Bola Phir Bole Re

Hey Sailaru Sailare Kya Bola Phir Bole Re

Bachke Zara Sa Bachke Tu Rehna Humse Yaar Yahan
Hatke Zara Sa Hatke Hai Darte Humse Saara Jahan
Haan Bachke Zara Sa Bachke Tu Rehna Humse Yaar Yahan
Hatke Zara Sa Hatke Hai Darte Humse Saara Jahan
Na Ye Shor Kar Hai Ladna Agar To Maidan Mein Aa Nazar Ko Jhuka
Khabardaar Hoon Main Taiyaar Hoon Aukaad Kya Teri Jaat Kya
Ye To Mujhe Bata

didnt song ring a bell .. denoted the war onscreen between the Dadi and pota...Baam Baam,dish, dish,nuke,oops ..seemed so noisy am I correct?..U are right..it was Noisy at the IPK Shanthivan
and..was IT the right noises which came out..did all of you understand the words clearly..I could see arnav and Dadi posturing for war and could hear only four words  coming out of the DIN-hadsaa,woh aurat, naukrani,patni sthaan...wow..jumbled as I am..hope gulji is not lost in the maze just like us..

welcome to another edition of The DC which will talk about  the war and wooing which is running side by side..war of the generations and the wooing of the true love..looks like we have a a pot boiler on our  hand with all flavours mixed in the pot..but my question is whether all the favours will come out right in our dish..will it?..only time can answer this..

coming back to episode today, dadi has brought in the past with her and still lives in her past..like most of our elders who say.."hum uss zamane main aisa kabhi nahin karte..ghor paap hain woh"..Dadi is upset when Khushi is introduced as The Bahu of the mallick's..and she walks away throwing an angry look at khushi..staring at her, giving her that "WOH  AURAT.uski aukaat look"...without even giving a blessing ...wow..nani consoles khushi and tells Arhi that she will make Dadi see sense..but will that happen if a person lives in her past and refuses to   mingle with the present...?Isn't this the same thing that Arnav tells khushi..that Dadi never sees from the other's perspective..she has a definite case of  selective perception and selective retention..so she has perceived that khushi as the Naukrani of the house ..which is no fault of khushi's ..as nobody corrected that misinformation..As arnav puts it to khushi that she is not at fault as he forced her for the marriage..that she is not at fault for the wrong perception of Subradha devi.. she is not at fault for this thought process of Dadi as she lives in her redundant world..but Arnavji ,I have one question to the Mallick clan-is this faulty perception that you have of people ,a genetic disorder running in the family..answerwa pleez?

next comes the dadi-nani talk and the dadi-grandson confrontation...here  dadi seems to be living in the past again..she demands her rights over her grandson and granddaughter but left them in lurch  about 14 years..the emotionally battered kids were left by dadi when they needed the dadi the most..The nani who took care of them relinquishes her right over them once the dadi returns without a grimace but is not able to bear a slur on her upbringing when asked as to why she didn't inform dadi about Arnav's marriage..the past rears its head again.the words "woh Aurat,Haadsa,Naukrani"..all talked about in relation to the past..is it only related to the past?just lets wait and see..,..the words of the past seems to echo in the present and becomes the bone of contention between the dadi and the grandson..with hot words exchanged between them about arnav's father who he hates and dadi telling him to respect his father..the confrontation reaches a new heights only to reach its melting point at the arrival of khushi at the insistence of payal and NK..so the words that affected ARNAV in the past ...seems to echo in his present too..but ASR is bent upon correcting this mistake of the present..so stands with present that his wife when dadi insults her by not allowing her in the room...but will he be able to correct the mistakes of the past too..or atleast forget the past?..I really doubt it with Dadi lingering upon it from time to time..arnavji arnavji..i have another doubt..is the Maliick clan prone to the "live in the past "syndrome?..answerwa pleez...

OK guys ..sorry about this social Drama..didn't we all sign up for a love story..so where is the love story in between all these..remember i told about how the wooing is based on the 12 days of christmas celebration ,am i right?so what did we see below the skirmishes today..the different style of wooing in the unique arhi style,am i right?today was the sixth day of celebration with the teasing precursor to the seventh day in the precap

On the sixth day of Christmas,

my true love sent to me

Six geese a-laying,Gift of Six Egg Laying Females Provides His True Love with Good Supply of Eggs..equate this IPK..what does the eggs here mean ..it means Arnav's relationships he will share with her.. that is his family to be hers.. herewith hereforth.. if chickens can be compared to khushi then the eggs can be compared to his family..yet to hatched.. so yet to be related.. so will the family be in the loop at this stage of his wooing..yes it seems so.. family helps a man or woman remain healthy

Let me explain...sixth celebration is all about the family..the six geese or shall we call them the acceptance of khushi  by the six members  of the clan ..if u notice khushi has been accepted by NK and payal unconditionally ..so the sakha of khushi and sister of khushi don't count..the family of ASR need to be convinced of her status..this is after the symbolic reaffirmation of the marriage..the six geese being anjali, Akash,mami,mamma,,nani and dadi now..this is the track where ASR gives that status to khushi..so the acceptance of the khushi by his family is what is being sought out by ASAR..will khushi be accepted?..only time will tell us that

will leave u with a teaser for tomorrow..the seventh day of Christmas celebration..connect with it with the  precap and enjoy

On the seventh day of Christmas,

my true love sent to me

Seven swans a-swimming,-On the seventh day the lover sends seven swans. Throughout history swans have been associated with royalty and the swan is often used on royal symbols and other decorations. Swans are also found in myths and folk tales dealing with love. With its close connection to royalty and royal holiday feasting, the choice of seven swans as a gift for this high born lady from her lover is appropriate. connect this IPk now..are we talking about the gifts that are sent before the wedding from the would be husband's house.. if we talking about arhi.. is it a unique gift as rare as the swans.. Is Asr trying to give the rarest of the rare to Khushi ..yes,he is ,the rarest gift he least expected himself to give.. that is expression of love probably..what say girls..

here is the link to the DC's index-if any of you have missed reading the older threads..just peep in here

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3136280#62533078

sry geeta didnt read it completly...bt read tht point on chrishmas only...Clap...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aditi07

..ObliViate..
..ObliViate..

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by redwine1

Post cannot be quoted.
winyy...just read it fully...awsmmm...ClapClap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

redwine1

..ObliViate..
..ObliViate..

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:57am | IP Logged
didnt able to read evryones post...all must be FAB...Thumbs Up...Clap
sry...Unhappy...!!!!!
keep rockingg...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

paayaalredwine1

paayaal Goldie
paayaal
paayaal

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maverick29

Originally posted by paayaal

Originally posted by iritz

Girls...

Our friend Maverick29 has posted this on another thread... I have replied to him on a PM and will be posting my reply next... What do you think of the above post !!! Let's have a healthy discussion !!!

It's nothing but a venting out of  a  frustrated Khushi fan...I've been a fan of his write-ups but sorry..Couldn't agree with his points here...

it's too acidic...not only for the show but also for the forum members!!!!

Yep, it is meant to be ACIDIC.  Iritz said that I might have some fun discussing stuff with some "open minded people" on this thread.  So, let me explain why I wrote this:

1.  For some reason there is a percentage of population that either doesnt believe that Khushi was wronged or that she deserves a clear apology for all the acts by Arnav -- in face of a mountain of evidence -- I would love to discuss it with people who deny it at least once to see where they are actually coming from. I agree, Khushi has been wronged, & not just once but many times!!! & she did get an apology from Arnav...remember the biwi TV episode, Khushi twists her ankle, while applying balm Arnav apologises to her...that apology was all the wrongs he has done against her, knowingly & unknowingly!! Remember ASR is a character who believed hez always right...when he had to apologise to her the 1st time (ASR & Anjali's parents barsi episode), he had to practice saying sorry in front of the mirror, even then it took a lot of words & tears from Khushi for him to actually say it!!!!

2.  I dont know since when Redemption became a bad word!  I used to think that when someone does something wrong they should just apologize or make up! ...the word Redemption is not bad, but in what form do want ASR to repent?? 

The things hez doing for Khushi is his redemption...e.g.the gifts that he gave her on Rakhi celebration night...chana, Salman Khan poster, jalebi, gol gappe, the pearl necklace...He has realized that his wife is not impressed by his money, she never was. It's the simple things in life that give her pleasure & bring a smile on her face. Her happiness lies in other people's happiness...this was his way of saying sorry for all the times he has used the word 'aukat' & to demean her with their class & social differences in the past, this was his way of saying sorry for when he told her that, 'being Mrs.Arnav Singh Raizaada is a very profitable title for her, because now she has money & status attached to her name!!!' 

The symbolism of gifting pearl necklace was very beautifully explained by Ruby & guys on DC that day, if u can pls read that, u'll get what I'm trying to say here.

No one's denying that Arnav needs to apologise to Khushi, but he is doing it, just in his style!!!

3.  Then there is the name game -- just so it makes it easy to dismiss people's opinion -- Oh they are so and so and we named them that so we dont need to pay attention to any points -- why?  it is easy to just make blanket statements rather than discuss something.

4.  Then there is the crowd that thinks "criticizing something somehow makes sure that IPKKND will go off air" -- just because people criticized.

First, Kushi was wronged there are no two ways about it.

Second Arnav and Khushi are in LOVE so they should get together.

That coming together should keep "dignity" of both sides.  Not just screw around with some "hero worship".

I am a fan of Khushi because of the qualities shown by the same writers -- why do I like Khushi:

1.  She is a strong, hard working, a person with self-respect, respect for her culture, love and affection for her family.

2.  She solves every problem with love and affection.
3.  She is played beautifully by Sanaya.

Now what is wrong in liking a person like that?  Does that mean that I will always think that ASR is wrong -- well you saw my posts.  My question is WHY DOESNT everyone like this girl?  She is completely non-controversial, she as a fictional character is just a good girl so why do people have a problem with her?

This a public forum, like there are people who have problem with Khushi there are also people who have problem with Arnav. We can't really deny somebody wanting to put forward their feelings for a particular character, irrespective of our own personal feelings!!! U said it, it's a democracy, where people have a right to freely express their feelings...& they are doing it.

U like Khushi's character, next time u read a post against her, pls either ignore it or take it with a pinch of salt, because at the end of the day Arnav & Khushi are just fictional characters, created for TV, for entertainment, not for raising a national debate!!!

So, the "naming" population is doing so because they themselves are actually doing it -- being subjective about people on the show!

Now for why I had to make it acidic.  If someone is paying attention to this forum and they belong to the CV group, they need to know how strongly some people feel about this current situation.

k I don't know this, but are u sure for people as busy as the CVs are, they have time to read all these posts & act or react accordingly???

I havent seen a single good thing here.  No one is happy, there is nothing FUN, everyone is just deadpan in what they are doing ...by here are u referring to the forum???

So, if this continues the show loses its "uniqueness" and that will result int he death of the show...the show hasn't left it's uniqueness, it's still the only show on Star Plus thats stuck to it's tag line for the 1+ yr thats it been running...ask us girls, we're dying to c some romance between the lead & all we get are some stolen moments & the rest all drama...Wink

So, if we as critics who want the show to continue, cannot give good advise and think "criticizing" will only lead to "NEGATIVITY" (another favorite theme on the forum) -- we will be contributing to the demise of the show....ok I'll chance ur acidic comments on this but, I think u r visiting some wrong threads on IF!!!

Not everyone will have the LOVE for the show to keep giving it chances.  You guys are passionate about it and hence you are here on the forum day and night writing away.  Most people watch it for 20 mins -- if all they see is crap like Anjali getting jealous or Dadi practicing Caste System -- people WILL change the CHANNEL.  So, when our writers are being "clueless", we need to give them a CLUE....c the tracks keep changing according to the need of the hr & of course the TRP!!! The CVs have to maintain a fine balance between the two...to keep the audience & the channel happy so that they can survive in the longer run...

That is the fundamental basis of ANY democracy in real life as well.  Dormant people who say "oh someone else will take care of it" will never help change anything.  So, like anything in life, everything we do represents who we are!!!

I dont think we are people who enjoy a girl getting beaten up over and over again.

As for redemption -- What I am expecting is a simple situation where Arnav accepts the fact that his ways may have hurt his favorite human being.  Then just let that person know that he wouldnt do it again because he knows better.  If he can convey that to his wife, and make her comfortable, we actually have a Great Couple.

So, Your imagination of what redemption means is something I obviously am not familiar with....have explained above...Smile

Finally, the reason for the strong language is simple -- many a time yelling shuts people down -- those are the sensitive people but then those people hear fine and listen to everything.  But there are those that dont really listen too well.  To get their attention, you just have to SCREAM and say some shocking things.  That definitely gets their attention.

Now what I wrote is on at least 20-30 pages on the forum.  That may fall in the hands of the writers and the SCREAMING may actually have an impact because till now they have been dismissing everything as "ranting by hormonal females" -- the writer this time is a sane and generally very level headed GUY.  If they call me hormonal they have another thing coming.

Cheers.

K my replies r in blue...Big smile

aditi07redwine1

Maverick29 Goldie
Maverick29
Maverick29

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aishu30

He is right in some ways but could have worded it better. From an woman's pov..I hate khushi being treated as a punch bag..but if u look at the story..it is probably needed so that arnav realises the extent of khushi's hurt at his hands..not saying he has not realised..dadi's actions seemed a reflection of his own till sometime back..this can taken as another step towards correction of mistakes ..

Maverick is right about the doormatish attitude of the woman in Indian soaps.the modern woman seems to put off audiences..or is it that writers have created stereotypes that have imprinted itself in ppl's brains..anyway u look at it there is a need for change in the way writers approach the woman characters
[/QUOTE]

That I agree..But somehow he's too acerbic and I couldn't connect to his diatribe...It's a pity that writers can't do away with the doormatish attitude of women on Indian TV...It seems they deserve a sadistic pleasure projecting women as bechari...And I was disappointed...In view of the fact that no one in RM has behaved with Khushi in this way...It has been such a balanced and sensible household...To see such a Daadi...They could have taken another path!!

And he irked me with "redemption"...That one word is enough to boil my blood,period!!
[/QUOTE]dittoo!! ...too acerbic.u know what he wrote on the twitter and fb wall of 4 lions for their latest status on dadi...no wonder why GH get pissed off...4 lions was the only PH who are active in social networking sites and interact with fans.but some so called fans misused it. [/QUOTE]

I wrote on Twitter -- Yep I yelled at them about the Dadi character.

Why on earth are you scared of pissing off those PH and Writers who make money because we "WATCH"?  Think about it, they make their living because we watch.

So, there is no misuse -- if the best use is to "tell these morons how great they are" then I guess you havent understood the real basis for Social Networking and fans talking to the PH, Writers and Actors.  They are supposed to develop a thick skin because, if they love it when we say they did well, why the hell cant they take the yelling if they screw up?

I interacted with GH and exchanged 4 Tweets with him.  I first yelled at him for "mouthing off at women" -- he responded by saying "I didnt think you would follow me after all the yelling you did".

I then told him that "I was waiting for the smart writer that made me love a "SOAP" of all things" -- he acknowledged the compliment and said "that it was team work and he had confidence in his team".

I then told him that he should be making friends not enemies and that there was a way to deal with fans and it did not involve "Dehna Hai to Dekho" -- he said he didnt mean it "cockily" and that he was misunderstood.

Then I shared with him that "in the silicon valley, we dont allow our engineers to talk to our customers because they tend to fall off like flies" -- he responded with a fun tweet "Customers please dont follow engineers" -- Obviously a fun smart remark.

I complimented him on his sense of humor and we parted.

So that is general interaction that these Social Media sites are meant for.

Yes I yelled at them about the introduction of Dadi and told them exactly what I think of Dadi character.  That is our RIGHT!

I am sure I am a bit older than you so take it as advise.

Cheers.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

meghavnpaayaalredwine1

BeautyForAshes IF-Sizzlerz
BeautyForAshes
BeautyForAshes

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GirlOfFire

Arnav's past is painful. A past that he has dealt with, suppressed and kept hidden even from his love. He has put it aside, and moved on to his present and his future - just as he has put aside his Malik name and become a Singh Raizada. But the past will not let him go. 

Arnav is proud of the woman he has chosen as his mate, and misses the disdain in his grandmother's demeanour. She is not happy to see that the woman she thought of as a mere servant, is actually the Malik bahu! For the first time, they both bend together to take an elder's blessing. But dadi withholds it from her bahu! He notices it and he is not happy. 

The reasons for this union are known only to the two of them. Yet he had seen the effect it had on her - from both his and her families. And even in the midst of his anger and pain from her 'betrayal' he was able to perceive how she was being hurt by both their families and it had hurt him then. Once more, he sees the pain in his wife's eyes, but in the Present, he does not have the blindfold of hate and anger on his eyes, and he sees her only with eyes that love. He is furious at dadi for belittling his wife!

She comes to their room apprehensive about what she had done wrong, as usual trying to take his pain away, because she does not know what it is that hurts him so much. He doesn't respond, lost in his thoughts. It's only when she sits down and tears are in her eyes, that he turns. And in an oh! so sweet moment, accepts the wrong that he has done her. 'It's not your fault. I forced you into this marriage. So don't hold yourself responsible for even a second.' An acceptance of his immediate Past. A regret that it is not something he can go back and change. But in the Present, he acknowledges it, and in the Future, he will make it right by his actions. A promise unspoken, but there in the words, nevertheless.

He tells her about his grandma. How well he knows her, because somewhere deep down he knows that he was like that. He holds up a mirror to himself, but it's ASR from the Past. 

The sweetness that Khushi has brought into their lives has changed him and while the essence of him may not have changed, he no longer has the apathy of a hard, inflexible, harsh, immovable character. This is Khushi's doing. But, she senses the anger in him, her touch unable to cool him like before. She knows theres more to the story than what just happened. and how innocently she asks him to share with her his pain. She feels like she doesn't know him at all. How little I know this man. Sometime we are so close, and sometimes we are like strangers! The wistfulness in her voice, the want to know him fully and completely are beautifully conveyed by the simple words.

His dadi questions him - what kind of decisions ARE you making, Arnav? She does not question what he has done in the Past - she speaks in the Present. This marriage in her eyes IS a mistake. Now, finally he can release some of the bitterness he felt from the abandonment, the rejection that he has faced from this same woman who refused to look at him, much less speak to him, and today has the audacity to question him. It is only his respect for elders that holds him back. 

He questions her right to even ask any questions. And then she says the one word that is like a matchstick to gas! the B-word - Babuji - I am your babuji's mother. Arnav had made a decision many years ago to never be like his father - NEVER. 

He turns around. Its his wife. In front of him is his Dadi - the Past that he desperately wants to leave behind. Beside her, is his Nani - the beautiful bridge between that Past and his Present. And behind him is his wife - his Present and his Future - who is backing away from his Past. He chooses his Present and his Future. Walks out of the room and stands behind her. His Nani - his Bridge - is satisfied with his choice. His Past is not. 

She tries again - an echo from his past - do not walk away as I speak. And he says, Go on, Speak to me as I stand here beside my Future. 

After thoughts:
- NK is a delight! NK is looking accusingly at Mami - See what you did? You could have avoided all this earlier!!

- The innocence of Payal and NK as they think Dadi must have felt bad because she thought you were a servant! How little do they know of the complex workings of the minds of the people in RM including Dadi! 

It's like she KNOWS something about Khushi's past that she has yet to divulge. She has a preconceived notion of Khushi that I for one, am waiting to find out!

- Arnav lifting his wife's face with a hand under her chin - sheer beauty in that small gesture.

- Why was Anjali looking so guiltily at Chotey? What else transpired between her and Dadi that we do not know of? Has she already told her version of the Shyam/Khushi/Arnav triangle to Dadi? Or was it just the Shyam/Khushi version - because Dadi was shocked to know that Khushi was the bahu of the house, so Anjali could not have mentioned that part of the story.

Time is a cruel thing. It twists and turns in the wind. Brings with it all the rotting decaying smell of the Past and overpowers the fragrance of the Present. What will it do to the budding promise of the Future in the Raizada Mansion?

Gotta tel u this ... Amazing Analysis ...Beautifully described ur takes on PAST PRESENT and THE FUTURE ...Thumbs Up

* She comes to their room apprehensive about what she had done wrong, as usual trying to take his pain away, because she does not know what it is that hurts him so much. StarHeart

* She knows theres more to the story than what just happened. and how innocently she asks him to share with her his pain. Heart

* Arnav had made a decision many years ago to never be like his father - NEVER.Star

* It is only his respect for elders that holds him back

* Nani - the beautiful bridge between that Past and his Present.Thumbs Up

* And he says, Go on, Speak to me as I stand here besidemy Future.Dancing

* Arnav lifting his wife's face with a hand under her chin - sheer beauty in that small gesture.Day Dreaming

U r definitely a GirlOfFire !!! Clap

luv n Hug ... 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

paayaalGirlOfFireaditi07redwine1

paayaal Goldie
paayaal
paayaal

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:11am | IP Logged

Originally posted by paayaal

Originally posted by Lizzy2012

Originally posted by iritz

Girls...

Our friend Maverick29 has posted this on another thread... I have replied to him on a PM and will be posting my reply next... What do you think of the above post !!! Let's have a healthy discussion !!!

He is right in some ways.. From an woman's pov..I hate khushi being treated as a punch bag..but if u look at the story..it is probably needed so that arnav realises the extent of khushi's hurt at his hands..not saying he has not realised..dadi's actions seemed a reflection of his own till sometime back..this can taken as another step towards correction of mistakes ..

But thats what TRP janta wants Geet, thats y it's been shown...agar bahu ko satayenge nahi to maza kaise aayega na...did u watch Ekta Kapoors saas bahu dramas?? They were so damn regressive it was unbelievable... infidelity, polygamy, what not, & still they were at one time ruling the TRP charts & running for 7-8 yrs!!!!

Star Plus is saying 'nayi soch nayi lehar'...but they r still running for the TRPs na...

also the audience hasn't risen above the Ekta Kapoor fed saas bahu drama, they still want that...y do u think YRKKH is been going on for sooo long, even DABH is a saas bahu drama, where the saas has been very rude to her bahu in front of every1...no wonder it's ruling the charts!!! 

I actually think that this is an excuse.  If you remember there was a phase when Mumbai just made movies that were based on Hollywood movies.  I as a guy of Indian origin used to promote the creativity of Indians -- but the reports of one movie after another being a "remake" was just disgusting.  All the directors and producers used one like "the audience want this so we are are making these movies"!  Now things have change with the popularity of Raj Kumar Hirani, Farah Khan, Imtiaz Ali, selected Karan Johar stuff and the Adi Chopra angle of making some good movies changed everything.

These guys really had a chance to change the way the TV world is.

Also, all the women sitting at home want to watch TV.  So, most of the shows will kind of rotate TRPs.  If you remember the TRPs of this show -- they were at their best at the time of Sangeet leading up to the wedding.  They dropped from that time.

So, it is really a cop-out manufactured by some ineffectual writers.  I hope things will change for the better.

Cheers.

therez a huge difference in movie making & churning out a 5 epis a week tv serial!!! it's not easy to maintain the same strength in the script everyday for 1 yr running...actors, directors, timings, dates, & other technical stuff, do interfere...

TRPs also affect the way a serial is going!!! SP recently pulled out 4 month old show 'Sajda' off air coz of it's low TRP!!! Other channels r doing the same...

geetmaanluvredwine1

Go to top