Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Director' Cut : 7th August, 2012 (Page 26)

..ObliViate.. IF-Sizzlerz
..ObliViate..
..ObliViate..

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by redwine1

Originally posted by Krishyy808

hii...nyone here..??????
whts the trp...??

2.5 krishy 
hiii ruby...sry dear..i just ovrlooked ur post read it in rush...bt it was FAB..Clap..
trp is still thr no increase...hmmm...!!!!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

redwine1

Maverick29 Goldie
Maverick29
Maverick29

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by paayaal

Originally posted by sampin

Originally posted by iritz

Originally posted by Maverick29

Girls...

Our friend Maverick29 has posted this on another thread... I have replied to him on a PM and will be posting my reply next... What do you think of the above post !!! Let's have a healthy discussion !!!

It's nothing but a venting out of  a  frustrated Khushi fan...I've been a fan of his write-ups but sorry..Couldn't agree with his points here...

it's too acidic...not only for the show but also for the forum members!!!!

Yep, it is meant to be ACIDIC.  Iritz said that I might have some fun discussing stuff with some "open minded people" on this thread.  So, let me explain why I wrote this:

1.  For some reason there is a percentage of population that either doesnt believe that Khushi was wronged or that she deserves a clear apology for all the acts by Arnav -- in face of a mountain of evidence -- I would love to discuss it with people who deny it at least once to see where they are actually coming from.

2.  I dont know since when Redemption became a bad word!  I used to think that when someone does something wrong they should just apologize or make up!

3.  Then there is the name game -- just so it makes it easy to dismiss people's opinion -- Oh they are so and so and we named them that so we dont need to pay attention to any points -- why?  it is easy to just make blanket statements rather than discuss something.

4.  Then there is the crowd that thinks "criticizing something somehow makes sure that IPKKND will go off air" -- just because people criticized.

First, Kushi was wronged there are no two ways about it.

Second Arnav and Khushi are in LOVE so they should get together.

That coming together should keep "dignity" of both sides.  Not just screw around with some "hero worship".

I am a fan of Khushi because of the qualities shown by the same writers -- why do I like Khushi:

1.  She is a strong, hard working, a person with self-respect, respect for her culture, love and affection for her family.

2.  She solves every problem with love and affection.
3.  She is played beautifully by Sanaya.

Now what is wrong in liking a person like that?  Does that mean that I will always think that ASR is wrong -- well you saw my posts.  My question is WHY DOESNT everyone like this girl?  She is completely non-controversial, she as a fictional character is just a good girl so why do people have a problem with her?

So, the "naming" population is doing so because they themselves are actually doing it -- being subjective about people on the show!

Now for why I had to make it acidic.  If someone is paying attention to this forum and they belong to the CV group, they need to know how strongly some people feel about this current situation.

I havent seen a single good thing here.  No one is happy, there is nothing FUN, everyone is just deadpan in what they are doing ...

So, if this continues the show loses its "uniqueness" and that will result int he death of the show.

So, if we as critics who want the show to continue, cannot give good advise and think "criticizing" will only lead to "NEGATIVITY" (another favorite theme on the forum) -- we will be contributing to the demise of the show.

Not everyone will have the LOVE for the show to keep giving it chances.  You guys are passionate about it and hence you are here on the forum day and night writing away.  Most people watch it for 20 mins -- if all they see is crap like Anjali getting jealous or Dadi practicing Caste System -- people WILL change the CHANNEL.  So, when our writers are being "clueless", we need to give them a CLUE.

That is the fundamental basis of ANY democracy in real life as well.  Dormant people who say "oh someone else will take care of it" will never help change anything.  So, like anything in life, everything we do represents who we are!!!

I dont think we are people who enjoy a girl getting beaten up over and over again.

As for redemption -- What I am expecting is a simple situation where Arnav accepts the fact that his ways may have hurt his favorite human being.  Then just let that person know that he wouldnt do it again because he knows better.  If he can convey that to his wife, and make her comfortable, we actually have a Great Couple.

So, Your imagination of what redemption means is something I obviously am not familiar with.

Finally, the reason for the strong language is simple -- many a time yelling shuts people down -- those are the sensitive people but then those people hear fine and listen to everything.  But there are those that dont really listen too well.  To get their attention, you just have to SCREAM and say some shocking things.  That definitely gets their attention.

Now what I wrote is on at least 20-30 pages on the forum.  That may fall in the hands of the writers and the SCREAMING may actually have an impact because till now they have been dismissing everything as "ranting by hormonal females" -- the writer this time is a sane and generally very level headed GUY.  If they call me hormonal they have another thing coming.

Cheers.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamer-89kkksrmeghavnpaayaaliritzredwine1

Maverick29 Goldie
Maverick29
Maverick29

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sarithaipkknd

Hey Mav,

Thanks for sending me the link... You know, I always say... trust the CVs and wait for them to surprise you... cos they always do !!! I'm a positive person and don't indulge in spoiler hunting or predictions for the show... and like to wait and watch before I make a judgement... I like to write good things about the Show in my thread... the Director's Cut... I started this thread with an extremely positive note on Anjali... when the whole forum was bashing her character... and for a person like me... I seriously have had nothing coming to my mind... to write one good positive thing about the new character... so I can imagine what the rest of the forum is going on about !!! Smile

I am quoting your post in
Blue and my reply in Pink !

I kind of went through the stuff and I have to agree these guys (PH and the Writers) are sapping my optimism for the show.  I am beginning to realize that I was way better off watching American TV than these Indian shows.  The whole show is going to hell in a hand basket and their way of reviving it is "introducing and old hag that is going to insult and torture the most lovable character in the entire show".

I absolutely agree with you... these guys have succumbed to the pressure of TRP audience... and to me it seems like a patch up job of last minute to introduce another character at this juncture... and that too with nothing new to say / do, but bash the fav punching bag of the show !!!

Last two days have been "hell" do deal with.  This attitude that just because the guy stood there with her, it is ok is just mind-boggling.  Let us look at the brilliant writing:

1.  Dadi mistook Khushi for a maid -- Why is that? -- Oh Khushi was carrying some water and looked like she had worked with some dirt -- what the f**k kind of a person does that -- so as soon as you see someone with some dirty water and some dirt on their face they become MAIDS.  OK let us say it is possible.

Sir, even if it possible to mistake someone as a maid of the house, for working in their own home... what the PH forgot to note was that we are living in the 21st century... and not 1960s where untouchability was rampant !!! The Daadi character seems to be straight out of the 1960's character... Lalita Pawar, inspired ! Sorry, but even the TRP audience will not be able to digest "Oh, I don't take anything from a servant's hands" !!!

2.  When she is told that Khushi is Arnav's wife, this OLD BITCH doesnt apologize, instead retracts from blessing her grand daughter-in-law.

The highest TRP generating show is Diya aur Baati... they show that an educated woman, married to an illetrate is helping him achieve things !!!

IPK's slot competitor is Balika Vadhu... ill practice of child marriage is now working on remarriage of their bahu...

The PH seems to have forgotten the pulse of the audience and is on its own tandem !!!

So, on one hand we have something that looked like a "brilliant" plan for redemption of an ass-hole character that goes down the drain the minute we see this Queen Bitch start her act but more importantly in the middle of the hell she is in, the adorable Khushi is subjected to more insults and she is supposed to just take them.  Honestly this is real "discrimination" on the show.  These nincompoops havent realized and a bunch of women working on they show havent even so much as objected to it -- shows that for earning a "living" people will accept anything.

Now I want address something already said by  Harshita and Ayirekhushi -- "something is missing" -- YEP IT IS -- DIGNITY.

Absolutely agree with you... Where is the Dignity of the female lead??? What the f**k happened to Star Plus's tag line... "Rishta Wohi, soch Nayi" What Nayi soch... 19 bloody 60s... when the audience who actually fell in love with this show because it was fresh and different from the rest of the shows... was not even born !!!

I so wanted to rant out last night on my thread... but since I made it a no bashing thread... I chose to NOT write at all !!! See, I'm a balanced person... I'm not a pro-Arnav / Khushi or pro-Barun / Sanaya fan... If I watch IPK, it's because I trust the CVs to entertain me... if they stop doing that... well, there are other, much better options available !!! and I go back to Gautam's famous lin... "Dekhna hai to Dekho" ... Someone please tell him, this is not how you sell your product !!!

This whole "bring in Daadi and unfurl the past" maybe good from a drama angle, but they really need to work on Daadi's character !!! The last 2 days have really disappointed me, and that's why no posts from my side !!!

- R 

i don agree with her tat ASR is an Assol character!!! well maybe she has some valid points..but she absolutely rude

First off, I am a HE.  Secondly, I wasnt trying to hold back ( I actually did a bit but I wasnt trying too hard).

As for being RUDE -- I am being RUDE because what they are showing in the name of entertainment is just CRASS.  And if we dont let them know that in a language they can understand, we will be failing.  It took a whole bunch of screaming by people to stop the Anjali stuff.  Did you notice, she changed her ways almost instantly post that dreadful weekend.  I was one among many that went "ape-shit" at the writers.

As for the "toxicity" of the language -- let us see -- all adults are used to it -- children dont read it.

Cheers.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

meghavnredwine1

Maverick29 Goldie
Maverick29
Maverick29

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lizzy2012

Girls...

Our friend Maverick29 has posted this on another thread... I have replied to him on a PM and will be posting my reply next... What do you think of the above post !!! Let's have a healthy discussion !!!

It's nothing but a venting out of  a  frustrated Khushi fan...I've been a fan of his write-ups but sorry..Couldn't agree with his points here...
He is right in some ways but could have worded it better. From an woman's pov..I hate khushi being treated as a punch bag..but if u look at the story..it is probably needed so that arnav realises the extent of khushi's hurt at his hands..not saying he has not realised..dadi's actions seemed a reflection of his own till sometime back..this can taken as another step towards correction of mistakes ..

Maverick is right about the doormatish attitude of the woman in Indian soaps.the modern woman seems to put off audiences..or is it that writers have created stereotypes that have imprinted itself in ppl's brains..anyway u look at it there is a need for change in the way writers approach the woman characters

Wording depends entirely on the level of Frustration.  So, wording was just spontaneous.  If you were standing in front of me, listening would have been worse.

Here is the reason why:

There are very few things that make me cringe.  May be I am not used to this kind of "constant badgering of characters" -- this is my first hindi show and I have no experience watching them.

I got hooked because of a smiling assassin Khushi -- fun loving, pooh poohing all kinds of difficulties and living life to its fullest.  I dont like watching people cry.  I actually may not have seen that many people cry in the first place.  Especially a woman.  I thought Indians hated making a girl cry because of the theory that "you dont treat the Lakshmi of the house badly".

When I started watching this show with Khushi crying practically every day after her marriage, I thought that they had a plan that would make it stop.  But hell it continued and now they found another reason to make her cry.  What the HELL.

So, to explain how it makes me feel I have to tell you this anecdote.  Back with the US war on Iraq started (I opposed the war by the way) in the early days I was in HK on business and I got this email with a video.  I usually dont open them and I dont give out my email ID that easily.  This day for some reason, I opened the damn thing.  To my shock it was a video of one of the "American Contractors" being "Beheaded" by Iraqis with some words said before the actual act.  I CRINGED and felt very nauseous -- mind you I have seen some crazy things in my life but watching them cut off that head was just too brutal -- that part of the video lasted just about 30 secs.

When I watch Khushi and tears in her eyes constantly as written by these directors, I get the same feeling.  It makes me feel sick to my stomach that we are still making this kind of entertainment.  I never felt that way for the first 185 episodes because there was a reason when she cried and I understand that women cry easier than men.  But these days, when she cries with all the pain that started with a forced marriage -- it makes me go crazy.   I have been rationalizing it with some crap or the other but just this amount of crying is just painful.

Cheers.

Lizzy2012redwine1

BeautyForAshes IF-Sizzlerz
BeautyForAshes
BeautyForAshes

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:34am | IP Logged

dint i say todays episode will be fab?
what we need is a great script, tight direction, sarun on sets, no body doubles... n bham ... magic...!!

i am so disappointed with this episode... this is the first time i been so disappointed...
what the hell were they doing???? how can the cvs do this to mee..??

1. no bloopersDead

2. no body doublesDead

3. no ott comedy Dead

4. no anjali!!( ramanchi)
Dead

5. non crying n normal payal Dead

6. bearable mami!!! Dead

7. no akash!!
Dead

p.s.-
i think i need to send a serious email to the production house...
demanding an apology!!!

but before i say good bye... some points by mr kamlesh khabriji that u must try to decode!!

1. why wasnt khushiji wearing her amma ki akhiri nishani today???? is it something related to her past? is it wat half the forum is trying to decode??? is that the missing link

2. why is dadiji's wig so funny ??? was it borrowed from a scarecrow??? is the PH trying to  
   save more money???
3. where is dadiji sleeping? is it naniji's room? or masala mama's? or hp's? if its hps room ve they done the shuddhikaran yet?
4. will dadi say "what the" tmrw? can we expect some great oneliners from her also?
5. why dint dadi ask about mahinder singh raizada? or she also forgot about him like the rest of the clan?
6. why isnt akash coming back home? is he that scared of dadi? or is he having an affair with mrs kaul?

if u find the answers please pm me.. i ll be waiting
Big smile

ROFL hilarious ... specially this one "some points by mr kamlesh khabriji " and "akash coming back home? is he that scared of dadi? or is he having an affair with mrs kaul?"

thankieee 4 the wonderful post !!! Big smile ... loveddd ittt !!!

paayaalredwine1

redwine1 IF-Rockerz
redwine1
redwine1

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:38am | IP Logged
WHOA WHOA .. WHOA .. 

MAVERICK DUDE .. WELCOME TO DC .. 

MAN THIS WAS SOMETHING .. LOVED IT TO BITS  ( THE DISCUSSION ) .. 

HEY GO AHEAD RANT .. (IN MY SANER DAYS I USED TO LEAD THE PACK Wink SO KNOW WHERE U R COMING FROM ) .. 

It constantly amazes .. me how so many people .. interpret 18 minutes in so many varied ways .. & THERE  IS NO WRONG INTERPRETATION SINCE IT IS WHAT U PERCEIVED OF THOSE 18 MINUTES .. SO COOL .. 

I havent read this post of urs in detail .. but wil do so .. to understand ur POV .. my only uneducated point here is .. ALL  SCRIPTS HAVE FLAWS ... 

INDIA'S BIGGEST MOVIE .. SHOLAY HAD SOME ... THE BIGGEST SHOW ON TV BUNIYAAD HAD MANY .. SO ITS ONLY FAIR IPK . may have some .. 

I agree "redemption' is not a bad word .. it is needed .. very much in this show .. since the hero started his existence as a ANTI HERO .  ... i also agree on EXECUTION .. A WHOLE HOG OF SCENES WHICH WERE REDEMPTION SCENES .. ( IN THE FORM U WANT ) ..  LOST THEIR APPEAL .. 

From a writing perspective .. this is the first TRACK in IPK . i have seen which is most GHISSA PITA .. so the writers have not really let us down .. BUT EXECUTION .. has been the biggest BANE .. Lets hope .. that in future that changes ( dont hold ur breath) .. 

OK .. rest i will post .. once i read ur post .. in detail .. Wink

CHILL dude .. U R MOST welcome here ON DC .. with as many acerbic posts as u want .. ( atleast i can be the angel Wink & curb the demon inside .. waiting to burst out LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

meghavnMaverick29paayaalgeetmaanluvaditi07

Maverick29 Goldie
Maverick29
Maverick29

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by paayaal

Originally posted by Lizzy2012

Girls...

He is right in some ways.. From an woman's pov..I hate khushi being treated as a punch bag..but if u look at the story..it is probably needed so that arnav realises the extent of khushi's hurt at his hands..not saying he has not realised..dadi's actions seemed a reflection of his own till sometime back..this can taken as another step towards correction of mistakes ..

Maverick is right about the doormatish attitude of the woman in Indian soaps.the modern woman seems to put off audiences..or is it that writers have created stereotypes that have imprinted itself in ppl's brains..anyway u look at it there is a need for change in the way writers approach the woman characters

But thats what TRP janta wants Geet, thats y it's been shown...agar bahu ko satayenge nahi to maza kaise aayega na...did u watch Ekta Kapoors saas bahu dramas?? They were so damn regressive it was unbelievable... infidelity, polygamy, what not, & still they were at one time ruling the TRP charts & running for 7-8 yrs!!!!

Star Plus is saying 'nayi soch nayi lehar'...but they r still running for the TRPs na...

also the audience hasn't risen above the Ekta Kapoor fed saas bahu drama, they still want that...y do u think YRKKH is been going on for sooo long, even DABH is a saas bahu drama, where the saas has been very rude to her bahu in front of every1...no wonder it's ruling the charts!!! 

I actually think that this is an excuse.  If you remember there was a phase when Mumbai just made movies that were based on Hollywood movies.  I as a guy of Indian origin used to promote the creativity of Indians -- but the reports of one movie after another being a "remake" was just disgusting.  All the directors and producers used one like "the audience want this so we are are making these movies"!  Now things have change with the popularity of Raj Kumar Hirani, Farah Khan, Imtiaz Ali, selected Karan Johar stuff and the Adi Chopra angle of making some good movies changed everything.

These guys really had a chance to change the way the TV world is.

Also, all the women sitting at home want to watch TV.  So, most of the shows will kind of rotate TRPs.  If you remember the TRPs of this show -- they were at their best at the time of Sangeet leading up to the wedding.  They dropped from that time.

So, it is really a cop-out manufactured by some ineffectual writers.  I hope things will change for the better.

Cheers.

paayaal

..ObliViate.. IF-Sizzlerz
..ObliViate..
..ObliViate..

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:50am | IP Logged

dint i say todays episode will be fab?
what we need is a great script, tight direction, sarun on sets, no body doubles... n bham ... magic...!!

na koi hai ... na koi tha...
       zindagi mein tumhaare siva ...
   tum dena saath mera.. o humnavaaa...

beautiful song beautiful vm...
enjoy the vm for the evening...

credit-naandiini
i think this song beautifully compliments the relationship of arnav and khushi...
so presenting before u my takes...

todays episode proves that we dont need a rabba vey or a shirtless barun to make an episode fab(though both are equally welcome)...

finally he has found his soul mate ...

1.with whom he can share his sorrows...
2.with whom he can share his insecurities...
3.with whom he can share his griefs...
4. with whom he can share his nightmares...
5. with whom he can share his past...

and  she will not give up:

1. until she cleanses him of his burden...
2.until she heals him with her love and patience..
3.until she can remove all the unhappiness from those eyes...
4.until she brings back arnav who is somewhere within ASR...
5.until she brings back the 15yr old boy who had to grow up in a single day    

and that will be the ultimate redemption...

she has already started removing the layers...

he just needs some time... he has been lonely for a very long time...
today we got the angry asr back... but if you look in his eyes..with anger... you ll also see a thin film of sorrow... a deep rooted sadness that his dadi abandoned them when he needed her the most... and now she is asking him why he dint consult with her about his marriage...?

my heart cried for him today...

so guys i won the bet !!!! i love dadi more than angel... i knew i ll be the one rabba veying her...Wink
i am so disappointed with this episode... this is the first time i been so disappointed...
what the hell were they doing???? how can the cvs do this to mee..??

1. no bloopersDead

2. no body doublesDead

3. no ott comedy Dead

4. no anjali!!( ramanchi)
Dead

5. non crying n normal payal Dead

6. bearable mami!!! Dead

7. no akash!!
Dead

p.s.-
i think i need to send a serious email to the production house...
demanding an apology!!!

but before i say good bye... some points by mr kamlesh khabriji that u must try to decode!!

1. why wasnt khushiji wearing her amma ki akhiri nishani today???? is it something related to her past? is it wat half the forum is trying to decode??? is that the missing link

2. why is dadiji's wig so funny ??? was it borrowed from a scarecrow??? is the PH trying to  
   save more money???
3. where is dadiji sleeping? is it naniji's room? or masala mama's? or hp's? if its hps room ve they done the shuddhikaran yet?
4. will dadi say "what the" tmrw? can we expect some great oneliners from her also?
5. why dint dadi ask about mahinder singh raizada? or she also forgot about him like the rest of the clan?
6. why isnt akash coming back home? is he that scared of dadi? or is he having an affair with mrs kaul?

if u find the answers please pm me.. i ll be waiting
Big smile

p.s.- guys, ur feedback means a lot to me...thanks for encouraging me..
love u all...
p.p.s.-my take for the day is dedicated to my partner in crime in spreading cheers through r wonderful little game... we invented in DC...
"krishu"...

who is not able to write any posts now a days because of her exams...miss uEmbarrassed

hhahahaah...saru crime patner...LOLLOL...
thnxx yar...Hug

aditi07

Go to top