Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maverick29 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: sarithaipkknd

i don agree with her tat ASR is an Assol character!!! well maybe she has some valid points..but she absolutely rude

First off, I am a HE.  Secondly, I wasnt trying to hold back ( I actually did a bit but I wasnt trying too hard).

As for being RUDE -- I am being RUDE because what they are showing in the name of entertainment is just CRASS.  And if we dont let them know that in a language they can understand, we will be failing.  It took a whole bunch of screaming by people to stop the Anjali stuff.  Did you notice, she changed her ways almost instantly post that dreadful weekend.  I was one among many that went "ape-shit" at the writers.

As for the "toxicity" of the language -- let us see -- all adults are used to it -- children dont read it.

Cheers.
Maverick29 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Lizzy2012

He is right in some ways but could have worded it better. From an woman's pov..I hate khushi being treated as a punch bag..but if u look at the story..it is probably needed so that arnav realises the extent of khushi's hurt at his hands..not saying he has not realised..dadi's actions seemed a reflection of his own till sometime back..this can taken as another step towards correction of mistakes ..

Maverick is right about the doormatish attitude of the woman in Indian soaps.the modern woman seems to put off audiences..or is it that writers have created stereotypes that have imprinted itself in ppl's brains..anyway u look at it there is a need for change in the way writers approach the woman characters

Wording depends entirely on the level of Frustration.  So, wording was just spontaneous.  If you were standing in front of me, listening would have been worse.

Here is the reason why:

There are very few things that make me cringe.  May be I am not used to this kind of "constant badgering of characters" -- this is my first hindi show and I have no experience watching them.

I got hooked because of a smiling assassin Khushi -- fun loving, pooh poohing all kinds of difficulties and living life to its fullest.  I dont like watching people cry.  I actually may not have seen that many people cry in the first place.  Especially a woman.  I thought Indians hated making a girl cry because of the theory that "you dont treat the Lakshmi of the house badly".

When I started watching this show with Khushi crying practically every day after her marriage, I thought that they had a plan that would make it stop.  But hell it continued and now they found another reason to make her cry.  What the HELL.

So, to explain how it makes me feel I have to tell you this anecdote.  Back with the US war on Iraq started (I opposed the war by the way) in the early days I was in HK on business and I got this email with a video.  I usually dont open them and I dont give out my email ID that easily.  This day for some reason, I opened the damn thing.  To my shock it was a video of one of the "American Contractors" being "Beheaded" by Iraqis with some words said before the actual act.  I CRINGED and felt very nauseous -- mind you I have seen some crazy things in my life but watching them cut off that head was just too brutal -- that part of the video lasted just about 30 secs.

When I watch Khushi and tears in her eyes constantly as written by these directors, I get the same feeling.  It makes me feel sick to my stomach that we are still making this kind of entertainment.  I never felt that way for the first 185 episodes because there was a reason when she cried and I understand that women cry easier than men.  But these days, when she cries with all the pain that started with a forced marriage -- it makes me go crazy.   I have been rationalizing it with some crap or the other but just this amount of crying is just painful.

Cheers.
BeautyForAshes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

dint i say todays episode will be fab?
what we need is a great script, tight direction, sarun on sets, no body doubles... n bham ... magic...!!

i am so disappointed with this episode... this is the first time i been so disappointed...
what the hell were they doing???? how can the cvs do this to mee..??

1. no bloopers🀒

2. no body doubles🀒

3. no ott comedy 🀒

4. no anjali!!( ramanchi)
🀒

5. non crying n normal payal 🀒

6. bearable mami!!! 🀒

7. no akash!!
🀒

p.s.-
i think i need to send a serious email to the production house...
demanding an apology!!!

but before i say good bye... some points by mr kamlesh khabriji that u must try to decode!!

1. why wasnt khushiji wearing her amma ki akhiri nishani today???? is it something related to her past? is it wat half the forum is trying to decode??? is that the missing link

2. why is dadiji's wig so funny ??? was it borrowed from a scarecrow??? is the PH trying to  
   save more money???
3. where is dadiji sleeping? is it naniji's room? or masala mama's? or hp's? if its hps room ve they done the shuddhikaran yet?
4. will dadi say "what the" tmrw? can we expect some great oneliners from her also?
5. why dint dadi ask about mahinder singh raizada? or she also forgot about him like the rest of the clan?
6. why isnt akash coming back home? is he that scared of dadi? or is he having an affair with mrs kaul?

if u find the answers please pm me.. i ll be waiting
πŸ˜ƒ

🀣 hilarious ... specially this one "some points by mr kamlesh khabriji " and "akash coming back home? is he that scared of dadi? or is he having an affair with mrs kaul?"

thankieee 4 the wonderful post !!! πŸ˜ƒ ... loveddd ittt !!!

redwine1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
WHOA WHOA .. WHOA .. 

MAVERICK DUDE .. WELCOME TO DC .. 

MAN THIS WAS SOMETHING .. LOVED IT TO BITS  ( THE DISCUSSION ) .. 

HEY GO AHEAD RANT .. (IN MY SANER DAYS I USED TO LEAD THE PACK πŸ˜‰ SO KNOW WHERE U R COMING FROM ) .. 

It constantly amazes .. me how so many people .. interpret 18 minutes in so many varied ways .. & THERE  IS NO WRONG INTERPRETATION SINCE IT IS WHAT U PERCEIVED OF THOSE 18 MINUTES .. SO COOL .. 

I havent read this post of urs in detail .. but wil do so .. to understand ur POV .. my only uneducated point here is .. ALL  SCRIPTS HAVE FLAWS ... 

INDIA'S BIGGEST MOVIE .. SHOLAY HAD SOME ... THE BIGGEST SHOW ON TV BUNIYAAD HAD MANY .. SO ITS ONLY FAIR IPK . may have some .. 

I agree "redemption' is not a bad word .. it is needed .. very much in this show .. since the hero started his existence as a ANTI HERO .  ... i also agree on EXECUTION .. A WHOLE HOG OF SCENES WHICH WERE REDEMPTION SCENES .. ( IN THE FORM U WANT ) ..  LOST THEIR APPEAL .. 

From a writing perspective .. this is the first TRACK in IPK . i have seen which is most GHISSA PITA .. so the writers have not really let us down .. BUT EXECUTION .. has been the biggest BANE .. Lets hope .. that in future that changes ( dont hold ur breath) .. 

OK .. rest i will post .. once i read ur post .. in detail .. πŸ˜‰

CHILL dude .. U R MOST welcome here ON DC .. with as many acerbic posts as u want .. ( atleast i can be the angel πŸ˜‰ & curb the demon inside .. waiting to burst out πŸ˜†) 

Maverick29 thumbnail
Originally posted by: paayaal

But thats what TRP janta wants Geet, thats y it's been shown...agar bahu ko satayenge nahi to maza kaise aayega na...did u watch Ekta Kapoors saas bahu dramas?? They were so damn regressive it was unbelievable... infidelity, polygamy, what not, & still they were at one time ruling the TRP charts & running for 7-8 yrs!!!!

Star Plus is saying 'nayi soch nayi lehar'...but they r still running for the TRPs na...

also the audience hasn't risen above the Ekta Kapoor fed saas bahu drama, they still want that...y do u think YRKKH is been going on for sooo long, even DABH is a saas bahu drama, where the saas has been very rude to her bahu in front of every1...no wonder it's ruling the charts!!! 

I actually think that this is an excuse.  If you remember there was a phase when Mumbai just made movies that were based on Hollywood movies.  I as a guy of Indian origin used to promote the creativity of Indians -- but the reports of one movie after another being a "remake" was just disgusting.  All the directors and producers used one like "the audience want this so we are are making these movies"!  Now things have change with the popularity of Raj Kumar Hirani, Farah Khan, Imtiaz Ali, selected Karan Johar stuff and the Adi Chopra angle of making some good movies changed everything.

These guys really had a chance to change the way the TV world is.

Also, all the women sitting at home want to watch TV.  So, most of the shows will kind of rotate TRPs.  If you remember the TRPs of this show -- they were at their best at the time of Sangeet leading up to the wedding.  They dropped from that time.

So, it is really a cop-out manufactured by some ineffectual writers.  I hope things will change for the better.

Cheers.
..ObliViate.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

dint i say todays episode will be fab?
what we need is a great script, tight direction, sarun on sets, no body doubles... n bham ... magic...!!

na koi hai ... na koi tha...
       zindagi mein tumhaare siva ...
   tum dena saath mera.. o humnavaaa...

beautiful song beautiful vm...
enjoy the vm for the evening...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWWLLSmTHY8[/YOUTUBE]
credit-naandiini
i think this song beautifully compliments the relationship of arnav and khushi...
so presenting before u my takes...

todays episode proves that we dont need a rabba vey or a shirtless barun to make an episode fab(though both are equally welcome)...

finally he has found his soul mate ...

1.with whom he can share his sorrows...
2.with whom he can share his insecurities...
3.with whom he can share his griefs...
4. with whom he can share his nightmares...
5. with whom he can share his past...

and  she will not give up:

1. until she cleanses him of his burden...
2.until she heals him with her love and patience..
3.until she can remove all the unhappiness from those eyes...
4.until she brings back arnav who is somewhere within ASR...
5.until she brings back the 15yr old boy who had to grow up in a single day    

and that will be the ultimate redemption...

she has already started removing the layers...

he just needs some time... he has been lonely for a very long time...
today we got the angry asr back... but if you look in his eyes..with anger... you ll also see a thin film of sorrow... a deep rooted sadness that his dadi abandoned them when he needed her the most... and now she is asking him why he dint consult with her about his marriage...?

my heart cried for him today...

so guys i won the bet !!!! i love dadi more than angel... i knew i ll be the one rabba veying her...πŸ˜‰
i am so disappointed with this episode... this is the first time i been so disappointed...
what the hell were they doing???? how can the cvs do this to mee..??

1. no bloopers🀒

2. no body doubles🀒

3. no ott comedy 🀒

4. no anjali!!( ramanchi)
🀒

5. non crying n normal payal 🀒

6. bearable mami!!! 🀒

7. no akash!!
🀒

p.s.-
i think i need to send a serious email to the production house...
demanding an apology!!!

but before i say good bye... some points by mr kamlesh khabriji that u must try to decode!!

1. why wasnt khushiji wearing her amma ki akhiri nishani today???? is it something related to her past? is it wat half the forum is trying to decode??? is that the missing link

2. why is dadiji's wig so funny ??? was it borrowed from a scarecrow??? is the PH trying to  
   save more money???
3. where is dadiji sleeping? is it naniji's room? or masala mama's? or hp's? if its hps room ve they done the shuddhikaran yet?
4. will dadi say "what the" tmrw? can we expect some great oneliners from her also?
5. why dint dadi ask about mahinder singh raizada? or she also forgot about him like the rest of the clan?
6. why isnt akash coming back home? is he that scared of dadi? or is he having an affair with mrs kaul?

if u find the answers please pm me.. i ll be waiting
πŸ˜ƒ

p.s.- guys, ur feedback means a lot to me...thanks for encouraging me..
love u all...
p.p.s.-my take for the day is dedicated to my partner in crime in spreading cheers through r wonderful little game... we invented in DC...
"krishu"...

who is not able to write any posts now a days because of her exams...miss u😳

hhahahaah...saru crime patner...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...
thnxx yar...πŸ€—

Maverick29 thumbnail
It's nothing but a venting out of  a  frustrated Khushi fan...I've been a fan of his write-ups but sorry..Couldn't agree with his points here...
[/QUOTE]
He is right in some ways but could have worded it better. From an woman's pov..I hate khushi being treated as a punch bag..but if u look at the story..it is probably needed so that arnav realises the extent of khushi's hurt at his hands..not saying he has not realised..dadi's actions seemed a reflection of his own till sometime back..this can taken as another step towards correction of mistakes ..

Maverick is right about the doormatish attitude of the woman in Indian soaps.the modern woman seems to put off audiences..or is it that writers have created stereotypes that have imprinted itself in ppl's brains..anyway u look at it there is a need for change in the way writers approach the woman characters
[/QUOTE]

That I agree..But somehow he's too acerbic and I couldn't connect to his diatribe...It's a pity that writers can't do away with the doormatish attitude of women on Indian TV...It seems they deserve a sadistic pleasure projecting women as bechari...And I was disappointed...In view of the fact that no one in RM has behaved with Khushi in this way...It has been such a balanced and sensible household...To see such a Daadi...They could have taken another path!!

And he irked me with "redemption"...That one word is enough to boil my blood,period!!
[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Yep it is a guy thing.  When we get angry it is difficult to hold back on the language.  I did do my best otherwise it would have been much worse.  As I explained my problem is with the "tears" -- I cannot stand people showing a woman's tears as entertainment.  This is like constant angst on an on and Khushi is practically a Glycerin ball one min and then a happy girl the next.  They keep doing this over an over again.

I read something hilarious some where -- "I dont know how much water Anjali drinks to be able to cry this long"!!!  Entertainment which is supposed to be about a love story cannot have people CRYING like this all the time and there is no way even in the ancient times women were these kinds of doormats.  Especially Indian women in some middle class families are nice may be too nice but never really "doormats" as far as I have heard.  This constant crap is just too boring.

At least that is my take.  If they think they know better, let us see who is vindicated in the end.

Cheers.
..ObliViate.. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Lizzy2012

lcredit -chowna

Hum Bhi Hain Josh Mein
Baatein Kar Hosh Mein
Yoon Na Aankhein Dikha
Sailaru Sailare Kya Bola Phir Bole Re

Hey Sailaru Sailare Kya Bola Phir Bole Re

Bachke Zara Sa Bachke Tu Rehna Humse Yaar Yahan
Hatke Zara Sa Hatke Hai Darte Humse Saara Jahan
Haan Bachke Zara Sa Bachke Tu Rehna Humse Yaar Yahan
Hatke Zara Sa Hatke Hai Darte Humse Saara Jahan
Na Ye Shor Kar Hai Ladna Agar To Maidan Mein Aa Nazar Ko Jhuka
Khabardaar Hoon Main Taiyaar Hoon Aukaad Kya Teri Jaat Kya
Ye To Mujhe Bata

didnt song ring a bell .. denoted the war onscreen between the Dadi and pota...Baam Baam,dish, dish,nuke,oops ..seemed so noisy am I correct?..U are right..it was Noisy at the IPK Shanthivan
and..was IT the right noises which came out..did all of you understand the words clearly..I could see arnav and Dadi posturing for war and could hear only four words  coming out of the DIN-hadsaa,woh aurat, naukrani,patni sthaan...wow..jumbled as I am..hope gulji is not lost in the maze just like us..

welcome to another edition of The DC which will talk about  the war and wooing which is running side by side..war of the generations and the wooing of the true love..looks like we have a a pot boiler on our  hand with all flavours mixed in the pot..but my question is whether all the favours will come out right in our dish..will it?..only time can answer this..

coming back to episode today, dadi has brought in the past with her and still lives in her past..like most of our elders who say.."hum uss zamane main aisa kabhi nahin karte..ghor paap hain woh"..Dadi is upset when Khushi is introduced as The Bahu of the mallick's..and she walks away throwing an angry look at khushi..staring at her, giving her that "WOH  AURAT.uski aukaat look"...without even giving a blessing ...wow..nani consoles khushi and tells Arhi that she will make Dadi see sense..but will that happen if a person lives in her past and refuses to   mingle with the present...?Isn't this the same thing that Arnav tells khushi..that Dadi never sees from the other's perspective..she has a definite case of  selective perception and selective retention..so she has perceived that khushi as the Naukrani of the house ..which is no fault of khushi's ..as nobody corrected that misinformation..As arnav puts it to khushi that she is not at fault as he forced her for the marriage..that she is not at fault for the wrong perception of Subradha devi.. she is not at fault for this thought process of Dadi as she lives in her redundant world..but Arnavji ,I have one question to the Mallick clan-is this faulty perception that you have of people ,a genetic disorder running in the family..answerwa pleez?

next comes the dadi-nani talk and the dadi-grandson confrontation...here  dadi seems to be living in the past again..she demands her rights over her grandson and granddaughter but left them in lurch  about 14 years..the emotionally battered kids were left by dadi when they needed the dadi the most..The nani who took care of them relinquishes her right over them once the dadi returns without a grimace but is not able to bear a slur on her upbringing when asked as to why she didn't inform dadi about Arnav's marriage..the past rears its head again.the words "woh Aurat,Haadsa,Naukrani"..all talked about in relation to the past..is it only related to the past?just lets wait and see..,..the words of the past seems to echo in the present and becomes the bone of contention between the dadi and the grandson..with hot words exchanged between them about arnav's father who he hates and dadi telling him to respect his father..the confrontation reaches a new heights only to reach its melting point at the arrival of khushi at the insistence of payal and NK..so the words that affected ARNAV in the past ...seems to echo in his present too..but ASR is bent upon correcting this mistake of the present..so stands with present that his wife when dadi insults her by not allowing her in the room...but will he be able to correct the mistakes of the past too..or atleast forget the past?..I really doubt it with Dadi lingering upon it from time to time..arnavji arnavji..i have another doubt..is the Maliick clan prone to the "live in the past "syndrome?..answerwa pleez...

OK guys ..sorry about this social Drama..didn't we all sign up for a love story..so where is the love story in between all these..remember i told about how the wooing is based on the 12 days of christmas celebration ,am i right?so what did we see below the skirmishes today..the different style of wooing in the unique arhi style,am i right?today was the sixth day of celebration with the teasing precursor to the seventh day in the precap

On the sixth day of Christmas,

my true love sent to me

Six geese a-laying,Gift of Six Egg Laying Females Provides His True Love with Good Supply of Eggs..equate this IPK..what does the eggs here mean ..it means Arnav's relationships he will share with her.. that is his family to be hers.. herewith hereforth.. if chickens can be compared to khushi then the eggs can be compared to his family..yet to hatched.. so yet to be related.. so will the family be in the loop at this stage of his wooing..yes it seems so.. family helps a man or woman remain healthy

Let me explain...sixth celebration is all about the family..the six geese or shall we call them the acceptance of khushi  by the six members  of the clan ..if u notice khushi has been accepted by NK and payal unconditionally ..so the sakha of khushi and sister of khushi don't count..the family of ASR need to be convinced of her status..this is after the symbolic reaffirmation of the marriage..the six geese being anjali, Akash,mami,mamma,,nani and dadi now..this is the track where ASR gives that status to khushi..so the acceptance of the khushi by his family is what is being sought out by ASAR..will khushi be accepted?..only time will tell us that

will leave u with a teaser for tomorrow..the seventh day of Christmas celebration..connect with it with the  precap and enjoy

On the seventh day of Christmas,

my true love sent to me

Seven swans a-swimming,-On the seventh day the lover sends seven swans. Throughout history swans have been associated with royalty and the swan is often used on royal symbols and other decorations. Swans are also found in myths and folk tales dealing with love. With its close connection to royalty and royal holiday feasting, the choice of seven swans as a gift for this high born lady from her lover is appropriate. connect this IPk now..are we talking about the gifts that are sent before the wedding from the would be husband's house.. if we talking about arhi.. is it a unique gift as rare as the swans.. Is Asr trying to give the rarest of the rare to Khushi ..yes,he is ,the rarest gift he least expected himself to give.. that is expression of love probably..what say girls..

here is the link to the DC's index-if any of you have missed reading the older threads..just peep in here

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3136280

sry geeta didnt read it completly...bt read tht point on chrishmas only...πŸ‘...
..ObliViate.. thumbnail
Originally posted by: redwine1

Post cannot be quoted.

winyy...just read it fully...awsmmm...πŸ‘πŸ‘
..ObliViate.. thumbnail
didnt able to read evryones post...all must be FAB...πŸ‘πŸΌ...πŸ‘
sry...πŸ˜”...!!!!!
keep rockingg...