Should Shiv really marry to fulfill a WISH???

timepass thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
In today's epi, we saw Anandi "requesting" Shiv to marry her so that she can fulfill her mother's last wish...I agree that last wish should be granted if possible...but when the same last wish involves another person without whose cooperation it won't be fulfilled...how would you go about it?? What if the other person does not follow suit...Anandi is lucky that Shiv has a soft corner for her...

Shiv loves Anandi but does not want their marriage to be a compromise/condition...Anandi says she would never marry had it not been her mother's last wish...just to fulfill that she is marrying...isn't that a compromise??? I agree that love can blosom after marriage but Shiv wants that Anandi marry him only when she feels he is the right man...

How many of us would make such a huge decision - marriage - just to fulfill one's last wish?? What would you all do if you were in Anandi's situation? Will you marry Shiv just for the sake of fulfilling the wishe even though there's no love...for now...

Your opinions??
Edited by timepass - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smeenakshi76 thumbnail
No, i wont involve someone to be a bakra for bali. Isme another person ka kya fault. Fulfilling last wish is very nice, but it is not shiv's obligation. Anandi promised to her mom nd its her obligation. Now shiv bali ka bakra kyun bane. He agreed out of love. Anandi neither out of love nor ny feeling, just fulfilling last.Why to spoil another's life. So be ready for sofa bed romance as almost all memebers have requested the CVs not to sow sofa bed romance, but ab to yehi hoga.
mocking_bird thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: smeenakshi76

No, i wont involve someone to be a bakra for bali. Isme another person ka kya fault. Fulfilling last wish is very nice, but it is not shiv's obligation. Anandi promised to her mom nd its her obligation. Now shiv bali ka bakra kyun bane. He agreed out of love. Anandi neither out of love nor ny feeling, just fulfilling last.Why to spoil another's life. So be ready for sofa bed romance as almost all memebers have requested the CVs not to sow sofa bed romance, but ab to yehi hoga.

Absolutely. I fully agree with you. 
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
But, r u not assuming that Shiv is accepting just because its Anandi's mother's last wish?

Is that what he says?  I think his reasons r much more complex than that.  Maybe he wants to b there for Anandi for his lifetime whether she accepts him or not.  Love is not contingent on another's acceptance of that love is it?
smeenakshi76 thumbnail
Originally posted by: AnjanaYYZ

But, r u not assuming that Shiv is accepting just because its Anandi's mother's last wish?

Is that what he says?  I think his reasons r much more complex than that.  Maybe he wants to b there for Anandi for his lifetime whether she accepts him or not.  Love is not contingent on another's acceptance of that love is it?

Yes but compromise wali shadi kahin nahi lekar jaati.
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: smeenakshi76

Yes but compromise wali shadi kahin nahi lekar jaati.

HAHAHAHAH - all marriage is compromise or so am told🤣🤣
Piyuu_SRK thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hmmm..thats a tough situation. I wont do what Anandi did instead i'd have asked some time from my family to know the person, with whom my parents wana to marry me. Instead of begging to the boy to marry me, i'd have begged my parents to give me some time so that i can know him properly, even if they give me a month, that would me enough ! But Anandi is more selfless and thats why she wants to obey her mother's last wish as soon as possible. I appreciate her act. Whatever she did, needs a lot of courage. To throw your selfrespect and ask another guy to marry you is a huge task ! Sometimes you just cant act according to you, you have to fulfil others expectations and act accordingly to the circumstances.
sunitasharma thumbnail
Shiv himself said that he doesn't want anandi to take decision in her mental state bcoz aise decision aksar galat hote hain. I m wodering abt the meaning of this statement.
timepass thumbnail
HAHAHAHAH - all marriage is compromise or so am told🤣🤣[/QUOTE]
Love marriage is not a compromise...it is a marriage that both agree to...arranged marriages are a bit compormised...but the real compromises take place AFTER MARRIAGE...
timepass thumbnail
Originally posted by: piya_anshian

Hmmm..thats a tough situation. I wont do what Anandi did instead i'd have asked some time from my family to know the person, with whom my parents wana to marry me. Instead of begging to the boy to marry me, i'd have begged my parents to give me some time so that i can know him properly, even if they give me a month, that would me enough ! But Anandi is more selfless and thats why she wants to obey her mother's last wish as soon as possible. I appreciate her act. Whatever she did, needs a lot of courage. To throw your selfrespect and ask another guy to marry you is a huge task ! Sometimes you just cant act according to you, you have to fulfil others expectations and act accordingly to the circumstances.

I totally agree with your view...it would have been better had Anandi told that she will marry Shiv but not that fast...she needs time to heal and reflect...afterall she has gone through TWO tragedies...DIVORCE and DEATH...Shiv would have helped her in healing and making her happy again...then she could have said YES to marry instead of begging...just to fulfill the WISH...Imagine Shiv's dilemma...