Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Very unlike anandi!! (Page 17)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dixie123

@Anu: I feel bad for both of them. The situations they have been put in is awful. Neither wants to be in the situation but are forced to be in it. Shiv loves her and can do anything for her. Anandi loves her family and will do anything for them. Both are being selfless here but my only gripe could they have made Anandi a bit more sensitive while putting her proposal ?

I actually think they are both being selfish in a sense...if it was just about doing it for the family, Anandi would have agreed long back...but the level to which it reached, now it's a burden she has to remove from her mind and heart...so it's not really that selfless an act as she usually is capable of I guess.

Shiv for his part also knows that Anandi is not mentally ready to marry him...her heart isn't in it...but he will still marry her, partly yes cuz she asked him and he'll do it for her but he will also do it for himself for he wants to  make her happy and feels that he can give her that happiness by marrying her and appreciating her for who she is and that one day she'll come around.

As for how Anandi put across the proposal...maybe the very lack of sensitivity made it more human?  More real in a sense? Just a thought...LOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

TheM5393wutheringrusha4003MisseshaaparnaumaAnjanaYYZ

wuthering IF-Dazzler
wuthering
wuthering

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Agreed with your previous points!

The otherwise mature and eternally samajhdaar and sacrificing Anandi sometimes becomes more human in Shiv's company I guess...I'm reminded of that scene when she went on a huge rant in his office thinking he used his influence to get her the grant before he calmly made her sit down and drink the waterLOL
Kya scene yaad dila daya yaar! LMAOOO...You know I never watched BV consistently prior to the Shiv track & I was like is this the same Anandi who used to stand in a corner & bear Jagyas mental torture?! Shiv brought about this different side to her- like this fire in her & it is refreshing to see that. The way she challenged him- alone, at work, at home, in front of her family! People in the forum call her his sherni which seems apt! LOL

Anyways, I'm looking forward to Shiv's family...especially Dadaji looks so cuteLOL...He's one of my fav. senior actors on TV...loved him in SGP tooSmile

Same here! Never watched SGP but know enough of the actor to know how talented he is! Used to watch this show of his- it was a sitcom type show where he is the head of the household and he has two sons- both married. It was a funny show & he was hilarious in it. Oh name yaad aaya! Hum saath aath hain! LOL (even thought the show didn't have 8 members I think...LOOOLLOL)

But yeah, looking forward to him singing Daddoo ka laadla bigad gaya! & generally speaking his family looks nice enough. Just hope they know Anandis past from the get go instead of the CVs reserving it for later. Sigh.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AnjanaYYZAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by wuthering

Kya scene yaad dila daya yaar! LMAOOO...You know I never watched BV consistently prior to the Shiv track & I was like is this the same Anandi who used to stand in a corner & bear Jagyas mental torture?! Shiv brought about this different side to her- like this fire in her & it is refreshing to see that. The way she challenged him- alone, at work, at home, in front of her family! People in the forum call her his sherni which seems apt! LOL

I guess in Jagya's case, she literally grew up worshipping him or adoring him with all his good and (mostly)bad traits...she knew no other way.

With Shiv, she doesn't hold back or feel the need to placate or cajole him to soothe his ego or anything...there is much more honesty in their relationship for Shiv gave her that respect since day one...with Jagya, Anandi ultimately ended up being more like a victim of abuse with no self-esteem...with Shiv, every bit of Anandi's long buried self-esteem keeps bursting out (sometimes in a hyper fashion) from time to time in defensive ways as wellLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

punchlinedliprusha4003poiu123Piyuu_SRK

dixie123 IF-Sizzlerz
dixie123
dixie123

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
Gotta to go. Bye Sia and Anu..
Looking forward to some fun tomorrow and hopefully some fun posts tomorrow ! Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

wuthering

wuthering IF-Dazzler
wuthering
wuthering

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:42pm | IP Logged

With Shiv, she doesn't hold back or feel the need to placate or cajole him to soothe his ego or anything...there is much more honesty in their relationship for Shiv gave her that respect since day one...with Jagya, Anandi ultimately ended up being more like a victim of abuse with no self-esteem...with Shiv, every bit of Anandi's long buried self-esteem keeps bursting out (sometimes in a hyper fashion) from time to time in defensive ways as wellLOL

Loool Yeah! You know before I embraced the current storyline and before I watched the Shiv track from the start- I saw this one epi where Anandi was having a serious go at Shiv. I was like isko kya hua?! Hahaha...

And yeah, sachi..I love how Shiv gave her the respect but at the same time, appeared to be all non -nonsensical about it. I dunno whether that even makes sense! haha, like even he DID dismiss her comments with respect to Heth Singh et al. So I really liked their clashes in the beginning! And then he used always come around and apologize that he underestimated her etc...

I wonder if we will ever get to see their work relationship again. I miss that! Don't want them to be tied up at home post marriage! But sadly, thats how Indian shows work...LMAO.. I remember one of my very first Indian shows- I was a kid back then- but not stupid enough to NOT notice that post marriage in Kyunki, Mihir ONLY made an appearance in the bedroom. LOLLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sunitasharmarusha4003AnjanaYYZAreYaar

anaamica Senior Member
anaamica
anaamica

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
Anandi has always behaved unlike her with Shiv. She is so patient and calm with others, but she shouted at Shiv on multiple occasions for no real reason.

Shiv, with his strong presence and moral values, makes Anandi weak. She never had such a strong persona around her to deal with. She finds herself liking him and being attracted towards him. This comes out as shouting/yelling on Shiv.

Not to appear weak in front of Shiv, she is using her mom's last wish as an excuse to ask Shiv to marry her. She has behaved strangely with Shiv all along, this is just one more scene.

Edited by anaamica - 07 August 2012 at 9:42pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Misseshapoiu123Piyuu_SRKaparnaumaAnjanaYYZ

nikhilageet IF-Dazzler
nikhilageet
nikhilageet

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anu-Reddy

I understand she is in pain and is left with no choice but to fulfill her mom's last wish, but the way she has put forth her request wasnt right. She shouldve laid a little emphasis on Shiv's POV too. She after going through a troubled marriage, wants Shiv too to go through with something similar, isnt it?.  If Jagya mistreating Anandi is bad, so is this one where she is going to mistreat Shiv. Just like she loved Jagya and bore with the pain, now its going to be Shiv's turn to bear the brunt of her promise and pain.

Shiv is in love with her and I felt she took advantage of that situation. I totally get where she is coming from but really felt bad for Shiv too. He had no choice but to say yes to relieve her from her pain. This is the price he has to pay for falling in love with her. Yes eventually she will fall for him and all, but right now the future for Shiv is so unsure and yet he obliged to her request.

The way she stressed, she is going to marry him ONLY to fulfil her mom's promise was really rude and uncalled for. She couldve said the same thing in different words. She couldve told him that right now thats the emphasis but she will ensure she will be a good wife and try to fulfil her duties as a wife as well as she can. Cant she just say that?. Yes her mom's promise is her utmost imp thing right now, but for godsakes, so is Shiv's whole life for him too. Now that she is going to be part of his life, she needs to think of him too , isnt it?. Or else down the line, after 20-30 yrs, she will repent the same way she is repenting over her mom's death. She needs to set things right for her mom, agreed ... but that doesnt mean she should neglect other people in her life and their happiness too. Its Shiv's goodness that inspite of knowing what he knows and hearing what he heard, he said yes. If it was someone else, Iam sure wouldve rejected the proposal.

Completely agree with you @ Anu. Anandi should have atleast given a thought to the man who has helped her so many times and has stood by her. Not once did she think fro his POV and that was WRONGOuch. And her being in pain and grief does not excuse her from that especially since she is a person who always thinks of other s feelingsConfused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kaddooaparnauma

Piyuu_SRK IF-Rockerz
Piyuu_SRK
Piyuu_SRK

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:48pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by wuthering

<font color="#0000ff">Kya scene yaad dila daya yaar! LMAOOO...You know I never watched BV consistently prior to the Shiv track & I was like is this the same Anandi who used to stand in a corner & bear Jagyas mental torture?! Shiv brought about this different side to her- like this fire in her & it is refreshing to see that. The way she challenged him- alone, at work, at home, in front of her family! People in the forum call her his sherni which seems apt!LOL</font>

<div></div>

I guess in Jagya's case, she literally grew up worshipping him or adoring him with all his good and (mostly)bad traits...she knew no other way.

wow ! Loved your comments ! Embarrassed agree with you !
Actually Anandi is her self in front of Shiv. She just behaves the way she is...simple and elegant. But in case of jagiya she always tried to woo him, to make him happy. But with Shiv, she is the way, she is ! And thats because Shiv gives her the space and the respect, that she deserves. He loves her the way she is. Thats the best thing about Shiv. He is a true gentleman...sensible, mature, responsible, disciplined and focussed ! Even being so disciplined and strict he has not lost human traits. He is sensitive, loving and caring. Just like Anandi. I just hope, everything goes fine after their marriage. Embarrassed

just wanted to know one thing, the epi in which Anandi went to his offc fuming that why he helped her and Shiv made her sit and drink water, which date epi is this ? I wana see it again... Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rusha4003

Go to top