Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Very unlike anandi!! (Page 14)

dixie123 IF-Sizzlerz
dixie123
dixie123

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AnjanaYYZ

Dixie - she is fullfilling his wish to marry his favorite halwaiROFLROFL  As for his feelings...she is not antaryami...unless he tells her differently, she is going with assumption that it is also arranged marriage for him.  The only big deal is that she is divorce and he's single.  Issme how is she hurting his feelings I don't know?

I maybe wrong but, i think we r all getting wrapped btwn our own perspectives about love & marriage...also our weakness/fondness for shiv

Yes. she knows that he had accepted the proposal before. She has assumed he will not have a problem this time when she proposed. But, her mother's last wish was not in the picture last time around and that is a big deal. How can a girl tell a guy that she is marrying him only out of compromise ? In any arranged marriage both parties will wholeheartedly consent for the marriage.
It is not the case here.

I just think Anandi is ready at the idea of marriage and not mentally ready for it.

Edited by dixie123 - 07 August 2012 at 8:27pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

JuhiRwutheringrusha4003

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
I won't say I'm a regular enough viewer to understand Anandi deeply enough to know what is like/unlike her so my opinion might be off the mark.

What I got from today's epi was that Anandi is in a state of numbness post her mother's death...she is tired of being pressurized from all ends on this topic, the final straw being her mother's dying wish which is like a burden on her now...and she makes a mention of the very same to Shiv as well saying she is agreeing to this marriage to lighten that burden on herself for she somewhere believes herself to be a cause of a lot of the suffering her mother went through and ultimately succumbed to.

Anandi sounded stoic and tired today...as if she's had enough and will just go with what the elders, her mother wished for although her heart isn't in it...so she begs Shiv to help her on this front...she generally sounded almost zombie-like in that bit...

Shiv for his part gave her sound advice too telling her not to take a decision in majboori or haste but Anandi just like her DS seems to know herself well enough to know that left to her own devices, she would never agree to this all her life...she had to be cornered into it.

On an overall perspective, hardly any shaadi on TV land happens without a twist...least of all a Colors shaadi...so they had to throw in some "obstacle" in the Shiv-Anandi marriage that they will have to work through post their wedding as Anandi gradually falls for him, adjusts with his family etc. etc.

I do agree that execution-wise something was off in the scene...editing, direction, and acting was patchy.

Edited by AreYaar - 07 August 2012 at 8:22pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

JuhiRwutheringrusha4003AnjanaYYZ

sreevask Goldie
sreevask
sreevask

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
Again lost my point...
Had shiv told all the stuff to Anandi?
No... He washed off his hands @ DS... Is it correct???
Then what binds Anandi from passing her opinion smooth n free irrespective of what the world cares?

If shiv has to feel taken aback by her remarks or let down that his feelings are neglected then he HAS to b face 2 face with His beloved fiance...but alas... He lacks guts...
Now how can he blame Anandi?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AnjanaYYZ

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dixie123

Dixie - she is fullfilling his wish to marry his favorite halwaiROFLROFL  As for his feelings...she is not antaryami...unless he tells her differently, she is going with assumption that it is also arranged marriage for him.  The only big deal is that she is divorce and he's single.  Issme how is she hurting his feelings I don't know?

I maybe wrong but, i think we r all getting wrapped btwn our own perspectives about love & marriage...also our weakness/fondness for shiv

Yes. she knows that he had accepted the proposal before. She has assumed he will not have a problem this time when she proposed. But, her mother's last wish was not in the picture last time around and that is a big deal. How can a girl tell a guy that she is marrying him only out of compromise ? In any arranged marriage both parties will wholeheartedly consent for the marriage.
It is not the case here.

Dixie - LOL - Arranged Marriage is always about parental wish fulfillment not ones own wishes.  

Bold - cuz its the truth.  She is marrying him for that reason and that's unlikely to change... I really don't get how she could have factored in his feelings without knowing about them or been more ''sensitive' without misleading or sugarcoating.

Write the scene for me.  Cuz I am feeling dense about it.Confused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

wutheringdixie123

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sreevask

Again lost my point...
Then what binds Anandi from passing her opinion smooth n free irrespective of what the world cares?

If shiv has to feel taken aback by her remarks or let down that his feelings are neglected then he HAS to b face 2 face with His beloved fiance...but alas... He lacks guts...

He is not blaming Anandi... his gopis are crying for their hurt sakhaROFL

JuhiRpoiu123wutheringdixie123

dixie123 IF-Sizzlerz
dixie123
dixie123

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sreevask

Again lost my point...

I don't think Shiv is blaming Anandi at all but we are !!!

I guess the situations have been such that he has not been able to confess his love for her yet. He was still trying to get backing into talking terms with her and all this drama happened.
I guess he is being sensitive to her feelings. It takes guts to say yes to a marriage which could be loveless for him.

Edited by dixie123 - 07 August 2012 at 8:38pm

JuhiRrusha4003wutheringAnjanaYYZ

wuthering IF-Dazzler
wuthering
wuthering

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

I won't say I'm a regular enough viewer to understand Anandi deeply enough to know what is like/unlike her so my opinion might be off the mark.

What I got from today's epi was that Anandi is in a state of numbness post her mother's death...she is tired of being pressurized from all ends on this topic, the final straw being her mother's dying wish which is like a burden on her now...and she makes a mention of the very same to Shiv as well saying she is agreeing to this marriage to lighten that burden on herself for she somewhere believes herself to be a cause of a lot of the suffering her mother went through and ultimately succumbed to.

Anandi sounded stoic and tired today...as if she's had enough and will just go with what the elders, her mother wished for although her heart isn't in it...so she begs Shiv to help her on this front...she generally sounded almost zombie-like in that bit...

Shiv for his part gave her sound advice too telling her not to take a decision in majboori or haste but Anandi just like her DS seems to know herself well enough to know that left to her own devices, she would never agree to this all her life...she had to be cornered into it.

On an overall perspective, hardly any shaadi on TV land happens without a twist...least of all a Colors shaadi...so they had to throw in some "obstacle" in the Shiv-Anandi marriage that they will have to work through post their wedding as Anandi gradually falls for him, adjusts with his family etc. etc.

I do agree that execution-wise something was off in the scene...editing, direction, and acting was patchy.

ArreYaarji Welcome Welcome! *Utarroes Aarti Anandi in my Avi Style* LOL Okay, first off, the part in Bold! Once bitten, twice shy?! Tongue Gotten used to it by now I guess. LOL

And hmm, I understand your point about Anandi here...her zombie like state is not without a reason & I see that...agreed about the fact that she NEEDED to be cornered as well...

My only gripe is that she treated Shiv so nonchalantly...like she took him for granted at some level. (why she would do that actually makes sense to me- coz at some subconscious level she HAS started warming up to him & if whatever happened with respect to Bhago, divorce etc, didnt happen, she might have indeed been a little different with him).  I just thought that she could at least put forward her request maybe in a little more decent fashion rather than make Shiv feel that he was just another random person on the road for her. If only she showed that she can count on him in this moment of grief to help her fulfill her duties as a daughter. Her plea for 'madad' seemed too little, too late to me.

But seriously, like you said, most of the blame lies with the execution. It was really choppy and generally blah. The beuatiful jharna setting ka mood was not captured as well as it could have been...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

JuhiRrusha4003dixie123aparnaumaAnjanaYYZAreYaar

dixie123 IF-Sizzlerz
dixie123
dixie123

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:38pm | IP Logged

Dixie - LOL - Arranged Marriage is always about parental wish fulfillment not ones own wishes.  

Bold - cuz its the truth.  She is marrying him for that reason and that's unlikely to change... I really don't get how she could have factored in his feelings without knowing about them or been more ''sensitive' without misleading or sugarcoating.

Write the scene for me.  Cuz I am feeling dense about it.Confused

Just ask him what he feels about the comprimised marriage that she proposing or listen to what he has to say about this whole thing and not just plead with him !

Anjie: arranged marriage is not always about parental wishes but the boy and girl have to be willing to enter the relationship too !

Edited by dixie123 - 07 August 2012 at 9:01pm

JuhiRwutheringrusha4003aparnauma

Go to top