Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Very unlike anandi!! (Page 11)

dixie123 IF-Sizzlerz
dixie123
dixie123

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by wuthering

Oh...thanks for clearing this up Dixie! Frankly speaking, there are just sooo many traditions & festivals in Hindusim and ALL of them are interpreted in such diverse ways in different parts of the country that its hard to keep up! LOL We follow the Teej custom as well- but we celebrate Haryali Teej & women folk don't fast on this day. Just apply Mehendi & swing on the Jhoola! LOL And oh, eat lots of Ghevar! TongueLOL But yeah, it basically applies to Married/ Engaged women.

So had no clue about this particular detail. I thought they are celebrating it as a Rajasthani counter part of Karva Chauth.

But anyways, I am just glad its not for Jagya! LOL

And oh, you and Anjana had a discussion about this?! I missed it! Darn. I love reading you two having a go at it. Smile Makes everything so much more interesting...

We don't have this festival at all. I have never celebrated this. This is what I understood from the SBS segment and from today's episode which makes sense though.

Anjie and I stopped in between and I don't think I articulated my feelings as well as I wanted to since I was multi-tasking ! Go ahead and put in your thoughts as well !!Smile

Edited by dixie123 - 07 August 2012 at 6:05pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

wutheringrusha4003

wuthering IF-Dazzler
wuthering
wuthering

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dixie123

We don't have this festival at all. I have never celebrated this. This is what I understood from the SBS segment and from today's episode which makes sense though.

Anjie and I stopped in between and I don't think I articulated my feelings as well as I wanted to since I was multi-tasking ! Go ahead and put in your thoughts as well !!Smile

I dunno yaar! Todays scene felt so disjointed to me as I said in another thread also...I thought the direction & camera work was seriously lacking. They kept zooming in and panning out..it lacked continuity & I felt it was not a continuous take. Like I would see Shivs eyes down in one scene & then the camera would pan out & he would be looking somewhere else. 

I wish the director had paid more attention to such an important scene in the present storyline. It was really lacklustre. Ouch

And then, as I have already mentioned about Anandis dialogues. Maybe I have cooled down a bit- so I won't jump at her throat again- LOL but still- her dialogues felt very UNFAIR on Shiv. Like the way she said- my mums wish- even YOU know that...what does that even mean? Confused So she has a majboori. Simply because she has it- she expects Shiv to play along? Arre- at least ask it nicely. The way she said mera mansik santulan and mann etc. are not in the right place was unfair. 

And when Shiv said that I don't want you to do something you would regret later in life & even when he said shaadi etc. decisions should not be taken in haste...the way she cut him off saying, oh, please don't say all this...Confused What wrong was he saying?! She reacted as if Shiv had said something completely unfathomable there. If her reaction was more respectful and on the lines of...I get it Collector Saab, but I can't help it. I am duty bound & in this time of distress I need your help and don't ask me why- you are the only person I can count on for this- you are FRIEND. I would have felt much better. Shes not even ready to treat him like a basic friend and that really irks me. Ouch

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

kaddoogun_kJuhiRmocking_birdrusha4003poiu123AnjanaYYZaparnauma

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
Sia - u r correct yaar in a way.  For her its just an arranged marriage that she will herself fully commit to.  Shiv could have been Bheem and I don't think it would have mattered to Anandi.  She is not doing this for herself but, for her mother.  As she succinctly told Shiv - her personal emotions don't factor into this.  That said she doesn't feel it will be a burden on her to be his wife.  Is the brutual honest pretty or charming or gracious?  HECK NO.  It is what it came across as  - HARSHLY HONEST.  

A wise IF friend of mine once said that pain can be beautiful.  I feel that today.  Anandi lay her soul bare and requested him to marry her without any sugarcoating.  How many of us can truly do that?  Be that Honest - that Brutal - that Real?  And how many people are we that Real with?  That was her painful gift to Shiv today - herself along with alll her thorns and bruises.  

A while back when she rejected Shiv, I said Shiv needed a dose of reality - Anandi's reality because he had a somewhat rosy image of Anandi.  Today he got that - her stark honest reality.  He's infact gotten doses of it ever since...seen the depth of her pain and scars.  

Kudos to Shiv for still stepping up.  I salute the Character.  To love without expectation is hard path to walk down when the world's your oyster...yet, this man has picked the difficult path time and again be it opting to work for his country over comfort in London or now marriage to Anandi.   

Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 07 August 2012 at 6:57pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Parihoonmein_12JuhiRpoiu123wutheringdlipdixie123aparnauma

aparnauma IF-Stunnerz
aparnauma
aparnauma

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:56pm | IP Logged
It is not the lack of sugar coating that bothered me.It is just that one extra sentence I wanted from her that has not come that's what bothered me.I just wanted her to say that she realised that she is putting him in a difficult position.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

gun_kJuhiRrusha4003dixie123AnjanaYYZ

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 7:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aparnauma

It is not the lack of sugar coating that bothered me.It is just that one extra sentence I wanted from her that has not come that's what bothered me.I just wanted her to say that she realised that she is putting him in a difficult position.

When someone asks another person for their help with their hands joint then for me  its a given that they are putting the helper in a awkward unwanted position and are grateful for the assistance.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Parihoonmein_12JuhiRaparnauma

wuthering IF-Dazzler
wuthering
wuthering

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 7:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AnjanaYYZ

Sia - u r correct yaar in a way.  For her its just an arranged marriage that she will herself fully commit to.  Shiv could have been Bheem and I don't think it would have mattered to Anandi.  She is not doing this for herself but, for her mother.  As she succinctly told Shiv - her personal emotions don't factor into this.  That said she doesn't feel it will be a burden on her to be his wife.  Is the brutual honest pretty or charming or gracious?  HECK NO.  It is what it came across as  - HARSHLY HONEST.  

A wise IF friend of mine once said that pain can be beautiful.  I feel that today.  Anandi lay her soul bare and requested him to marry her without any sugarcoating.  How many of us can truly do that?  Be that Honest - that Brutal - that Real?  And how many people are we that Real with?  That was her painful gift to Shiv today - herself along with alll her thorns and bruises.  

A while back when she rejected Shiv, I said Shiv needed a dose of reality - Anandi's reality because he had a somewhat rosy image of Anandi.  Today he got that - her stark honest reality.  He's infact gotten doses of it ever since...seen the depth of her pain and scars.  

Kudos to Shiv for still stepping up.  I salute the Character.  To love without expectation is hard path to walk down when the world's your oyster...yet, this man has picked the difficult path time and again be it opting to work for his country over comfort in London or now marriage to Anandi.   

Yet Shiv seems willing to take it on.  Kudos to him.  

Exactly Anjana! I agree with how you have worded this...You know, I really feel the scene could have been better and I wouldn't have felt half as bad if the direction was better. It was SUPPOSED to be a very important scene but it ended up being treated so callously. 
Maybe if the flow was better- I would have felt a little more appeased. LOL But yeah, I agree with you. Shiv has slowly got to see the real Anandi and the not just the face she puts on for others. In fact, if nothing else- even though it was at a subconscious level- I am glad Anandi SHOWED that side of herself to him today. I think she has been putting on a REALLY brave front even in front of her family but glad she could FINALLY be herself in front of him today...And seriously hats off to the guy for STILL being so resilient. I seriously love his character sketch. (If that wasn't already obvious LOL)

But yeah, like you said- given the affection for him, its painful to see Anandi not differentiate between him and Bheem Singh at this point. Thora hurt karta hai. LOL But I'd like to believe- that even though Anandi may not admit it to herself- she has ONLY taken the liberties she has over the course of the past few months with Shiv.

Seriously, he brings out this different side in her- even thought she may not realize nor admit it. The way she used to continuously challenge him- that was an Anandi I had never seen before...

The recent SBB  segment where we had that mini Pratyusha- Siddharth interview (where Pratyusha was the only one talking LOL) gave me some hope. Coz Pratyusha said that Anandi has to some extent started liking Shiv. I wish the creatives incorporated that in some way today. To make it obvious. Even if not liking liking, at least liking in a platonic sense- that he is a friend? Like you know- I would have been SOOO happy if she had simply said- Aapko apna vaada yaad hai CollectorSaab? You promised you would help me in getting my happiness back & to fulfill my mums last wish is the ONLY thing right now which would make me remotely close to happy...

Its not Anandi...I feel its more the creatives fault for not being careful of this scene...Ah well...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Parihoonmein_12JuhiRrusha4003aparnauma

aparnauma IF-Stunnerz
aparnauma
aparnauma

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
May be the fault is not Anandi's.Probably it is some thing to do with the way the scene is written and executed.The scene ended very abruptly. For some reason I failed to connect with it.

Edited by aparnauma - 07 August 2012 at 7:20pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

gun_kJuhiRrusha4003wutheringdixie123AnjanaYYZ

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by wuthering

Originally posted by AnjanaYYZ

Yet Shiv seems willing to take it on.  Kudos to him.  

Exactly Anjana! I agree with how you have worded this...You know, I really feel the scene could have been better and I wouldn't have felt half as bad if the direction was better. It was SUPPOSED to be a very important scene but it ended up being treated so callously. 
Maybe if the flow was better- I would have felt a little more appeased. LOL But yeah, I agree with you. Shiv has slowly got to see the real Anandi and the not just the face she puts on for others. In fact, if nothing else- even though it was at a subconscious level- I am glad Anandi SHOWED that side of herself to him today. I think she has been putting on a REALLY brave front even in front of her family but glad she could FINALLY be herself in front of him today...And seriously hats off to the guy for STILL being so resilient. I seriously love his character sketch. (If that wasn't already obvious LOL)

But yeah, like you said- given the affection for him, its painful to see Anandi not differentiate between him and Bheem Singh at this point. Thora hurt karta hai. LOL But I'd like to believe- that even though Anandi may not admit it to herself- she has ONLY taken the liberties she has over the course of the past few months with Shiv.

Seriously, he brings out this different side in her- even thought she may not realize nor admit it. The way she used to continuously challenge him- that was an Anandi I had never seen before...

The recent SBB  segment where we had that mini Pratyusha- Siddharth interview (where Pratyusha was the only one talking LOL) gave me some hope. Coz Pratyusha said that Anandi has to some extent started liking Shiv. I wish the creatives incorporated that in some way today. To make it obvious. Even if not liking liking, at least liking in a platonic sense- that he is a friend? Like you know- I would have been SOOO happy if she had simply said- Aapko apna vaada yaad hai CollectorSaab? You promised you would help me in getting my happiness back & to fulfill my mums last wish is the ONLY thing right now which would make me remotely close to happy...

Its not Anandi...I feel its more the creatives fault for not being careful of this scene...Ah well...

There is a scene in the movie - a few good men - where Jack Nicholson goes off on Tom Cruise.  He says "you want the truth, you can't handle the truth."

The difference btwn JaGa and AnSh is that they can handle the truth.  Anandi subconsciously knows this.  She doesn't have to anything but herself with Shiv.  He can take it.  She can be honest in a way she could never ever be with Jugya.  So, while she would have married Bheem just as likely as Shiv...u can bet ur ass or mine that she would not have had this level of honesty with anyone else.

Btw - I loved how Anandi didn't say a word when she came down... she just walked out the door when Daadisa suggested Shiv take her out and Shiv followed.  HAHAHAHAHAHA...she trained him well.  I still remember she pulled that on him at the temple too.

Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 07 August 2012 at 7:22pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aparnauma

Go to top