Very unlike anandi!! - Page 8

Posted: 11 years ago
OH people, just chill, she is in pain and she is telling him that she is going to marry him because that was her mom's wish and that doesn't mean that she will not fall in love with him...She is in pain now and her mom's death is only on her mind...After marriage when she see how great person Shiv is😊 and how he makes her laugh every dayπŸ˜ƒ than she will realise ''Omg this man makes me happy all the time''😳❀️😍, she will fall for him a 100%😍!!!! Edited by jolenole - 11 years ago
Jiya I just read the first page and am posting this without having read the subsequent pages. I totally agree with you and it seems so unlike anandi to be oblivious of another persons feelings as she is being to Shiv. I wish they show later that she realises that she is being unfair to Shiv and lets him know that she cares for his feelings too as Anandi has always been shown to be considerate and humane towards everyone even JG .
Originally posted by mahi12

πŸ˜†ankit seeing  comments on Anandi today  i never knew i have done so much wrong with my fiancee ..i guess i should say sorry to him right now ...because when my parents chosen a guy for me and arranged our very first meeting ..i told him i trust my parents a lot .i know they will never take wrong decision for me  .. i never knew i was so rude to him . i thought i was honest to him there ..poor guy he must have been expecting something else πŸ˜²  haye rabba mujhe abhi maafi mangini pade gi πŸ˜†

i think if you told your fiancee that you would never marry him if it were up to you but will do so only becoz you promised your dying mother and marrying him will help reduce your burden and guilt towards your mother, than it would be a decent thing to do to at least tell him that even tho you are marrying him in majboori, you understand that he is taking the biggest decision of his life with you...and no one is asking anandi to say sorry...

and ankit, your bolded line went over my head...what do you mean that request is done to a human and not animal...who said anything abt inhuman or animal...must be lost in translation...

anyways, i think its a credit to cv's that they have managed to portray a twinge of gray to anandi's completely white persona...makes her more interesting ...
Edited by jiya25 - 11 years ago
Eise to shadi me sab happy hoge. Lekin anandi i muh fulake hi shadi karegi. Bv team now  anandi ab to  thoda smile karao. Nahi to uski life to set hui par shiv ka kya ? Aaj ke episode me muje shiv bahot daya aa rahi hai.
Yet to read all the pages...came to the forum right after viewing todays epi...but I so agree! Todays epi was weird to be honest. I was disappointed at MANY levels.

I get that Anandi is grief stricken- I CANNOT in a million years imagine what she must be going through given her present predicament what with her recent divorce, mums demise et al. 

That being said, I never expected a person like Anandi to take a relation like marriage SO lightly. No, I am not saying that she will prove to be a bad wife or something, knowing her, it would be quite the contrary but just her general approach to the entire thing was really disappointing.

She has made a joke of Shivs feelings and is not even thinking what HE wants/ feels. Its like his opinion does not even matter. Dude, hello! You are doing it to fulfill your mum last wishes- but what about the guy! You want him to marry you- but you are telling him, that you are doing this just for obligation and your heart & mind could not care less about the impending marriage. Really BAD words used by Anandi today. Why should he commit himself to her if she has made it SO VERY CLEAR that she doesn't care! Its as good as her telling Bhago- that she is ready to marry SOMEONE rather than the fact that shes ready to marry SHIV! 

I would have liked it so much better if she had trying saying that shes sorry that her heart is not in this but she considers Shiv to be a dear friend and at this difficult phase in her life- she needs his support. That would have been sooo much better! She DID finally use the word' Madad' but I thought in the way the entire conversation played out- that word was tooo little, too late.

I mean Shiv DOES attempt to tell her that him getting married to her is a matter of honor for him but she COMPLETELY disregarded/ disrespected his feelings.

Given the crap she has taken from Jagya/ Gauri over the course of the past one year- would it have hurt her to be a little more respectful of the guy who has been nothing BUT good to her...?

Sheesh! I didn't like todays epi even though it had the much anticipated proposal. Just felt bad for poor Shiv. 

And oh, can I just say how much I was head desking at Dadisa making Anandi keep the Teej Vrat---- I mean is it SERIOUSLY for Jagya? Like seriously. Ewww. πŸ€’

Edit: So after reading all the pages πŸ˜†, I guess the Vrat is not for Jagya? But still...it just felt weird. The fact that its not for Shiv- then kiske liye? πŸ˜• Maybe I am missing something here - but I thought you keep a Teej Vrat for your partner? πŸ˜• Very weird showing by the creatives.

Edit2: SO Agree with you Jiya, Dixie, Aparna, Usha: I respect Anandis character a lot and feel her pain. I am not saying I don't appreciate her honesty. But one sentence or two from her were seriously missing in that scene for me. πŸ˜•

Edited by wuthering - 11 years ago
Oops! Double post! sorry! Edited by wuthering - 11 years ago

There is honesty and there is a brutal honesty. Anandi was very candid about her stance, her expectations and the fact that given a choice she would not marry – technically she did not have the free will to do as she wanted. She is getting married under duress and to assuage her own guilt at the belief that she is partially or wholly culpable for her mother's death. Shiv was expressing his concerns about her agreement and making it clear that only marry if her heart agrees. She was brutally honest that if it were up to her, she might never have agreed to the marriage, and she was very clear about her intentions. In a way, she gave Shiv a cop-out, if he wanted – making sure that he had no illusions about her consent.

Despite this, Shiv agreed. He is aware of her qualities and her strengths and her commitments. I also agree that Anandi's delivery could have more tactful and sensitive, especially since she has always portrayed as being matured. I've seen plenty of times where she exercised kiaros. So I am equally baffled at her insensitivity. I find Anandi's demeanor troubling – on one hand she appears to be numb with Shiv and on the other, she is cognizant of the rituals and celebrations.

I'm surprised at Shiv's agreement! I anticipated a BUT! Maybe he was persuaded by Dadiji's logic (flawed or otherwise depending on who's reading) that Anandi need happiness and get away from the dull pain that is engulfing her to the core… and once the healing begins, life opens new possibilities. As for her commitment, that is a given for him – he knows that Anandi will abide by her commitments once made. 

Personally, given the predicament and tenuous mental state that she is in, I feel for her. I also feel for Shiv - he seemed to be in a double bind, on one hand he wants to give her space and time, on the other hand, he wants to be there for her, being responsible for her in every sense and marriage will give him that licence to stand by her side. 

Shiv has been a pillar of strength for Anandi and hopefully she will come to realize it before too late. The scene between them was very disturbing – something just did not sit right! I don't feel that this is the wedding that I've been looking forward to

Those who understand Anandi won't jump to conclusions like this without pondering...
Anandi has a weakness that she never cares anything for her sake...she silently borne the emotional abuse,open betrayal,deception 4 five years,first night with gauri in front of her...   
But when it comes to others,she becomes ferocious sherni... To slap jagya ( she never say a word to jagya @ mumbai birthday party even if he introduced her as a stranger- Infact he deserved a slap then only)
She keeps aside " I " for the sake of customs,elders,values, morals, legalities n ethics...unlike Jago...

She will obey it that's all...
That too it is demanded by all n she knows it...
She just took it as an arranged marriage suggested n blessed by her mom..
Originally posted by wuthering

Edit: So after reading all the pages πŸ˜†, I guess the Vrat is not for Jagya? But still...it just felt weird. The fact that its not for Shiv- then kiske liye? πŸ˜• Maybe I am missing something here - but I thought you keep a Teej Vrat for your partner? πŸ˜• Very weird showing by the creatives.

Edit2: SO Agree with you Jiya, Dixie, Aparna, Usha: I respect Anandis character a lot and feel her pain. I am not saying I don't appreciate her honesty. But one sentence or two from her were seriously missing in that scene for me. πŸ˜•

Sia: The vrat is not for Jagya for sure.. From what I have understood, when a girl starts this festival she has to do it until her death or the hubby's death. You don't stop it in between. In this case, Anandi is not a widow. She is single and hence she can continue to keep the vrat like any unmarried girl. It is just to keep continuity

Anjana and I were discussing about Shiv's feelings not considered in the AT also. Neither of us have convinced the other. We have agreed to disagree at this point ! 😊
Originally posted by dixie123

Sia: The vrat is not for Jagya for sure.. From what I have understood, when a girl starts this festival she has to do it until her death or the hubby's death. You don't stop it in between. In this case, Anandi is not a widow. She is single and hence she can continue to keep the vrat like any unmarried girl. It is just to keep continuity

Anjana and I were discussing about Shiv's feelings not considered in the AT also. Neither of us have convinced the other. We have agreed to disagree at this point ! 😊

Oh...thanks for clearing this up Dixie! Frankly speaking, there are just sooo many traditions & festivals in Hindusim and ALL of them are interpreted in such diverse ways in different parts of the country that its hard to keep up! πŸ˜† We follow the Teej custom as well- but we celebrate Haryali Teej & women folk don't fast on this day. Just apply Mehendi & swing on the Jhoola! πŸ˜† And oh, eat lots of Ghevar! πŸ˜›πŸ˜† But yeah, it basically applies to Married/ Engaged women.

So had no clue about this particular detail. I thought they are celebrating it as a Rajasthani counter part of Karva Chauth.

But anyways, I am just glad its not for Jagya! πŸ˜†

And oh, you and Anjana had a discussion about this?! I missed it! Darn. I love reading you two having a go at it. πŸ˜Š Makes everything so much more interesting...

All I wanted was for her to AT LEAST acknowledge him as a friend whose help she needed at this time of distress. That one statement would have made a WHOLE LOT of difference to their conversation. Here, everything was left so half baked. She was nonchalant throughout. Might as well have said these lines to the next guy she bumps into on the road. 

Edited by wuthering - 11 years ago