Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Why is VIDYA B ignored in 100 cr club - ARTICLE (Page 3)

Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz
Chippeshwini
Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by beboholic

Originally posted by Nitu_TheTwisted

but i don't think she gives a damn anyway LOL

you can't be serious. Of course she cares. She was so happy when the dirty pic was a hit. She even said khans should change their names to Balan. This arrogance shows she cares. 

this is prolly my rather biased fan of hers speaking

but I think she was very much entitled to say that LOL

True, she didn't do 100 crores.
But whatever her two movies earned, they definitely earned because of her. Those are what can be called solo hits, which is what all these Khans Kumar and Devgans keep banging their drums about.

The world wanted female solo hits, she gave them.

She should shut up now though, and not say it again LOL but I feel like she was totally entitled to toot her horn, once at least.

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:10am | IP Logged
She's entitled to be arrogant about it... but I think it's not right to say khans should change their names to Balan. First she needs to prove that she can make a weak film become a hit like Salman and srk always do eg Ready, Bodygard, Ra.One ect...critics ripped these films apart but fans still went and saw it for Sallu and srk. 

While Vidya I don't think she can give a hit with a weak script... both Kahani and TDP had great reviews in terms of perf and script and also great word of mouth. She just doesn't have the fan following that the khans have. 

Am all for Vidya and proving heroine films can do well... but let's not be delusional about it (ref to vidya here)She's no khan. 

Edited by beboholic - 07 August 2012 at 10:13am
briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .SB.

Though I am a fan of Vidya and her work but I find this article to be more of a rant by the writer.Who calls actors dumbo in articles like these?I mean if its a forum then understood,but this comes from a well known website.ConfusedAnyways what is true will always remain true,neither TDP nor Kahaani touched the 100 cr. mark so there's no point bringing her in the 100 cr. club.The most people can say is that Vidya being not the 'usual' glamourous face on Bollywood suddenly achieved an all time high with two back to back superhits(let it be either through her acting,skin show blah blah blah) and  also carried both the films on her own shoulders.(Emraan though popular,had very less screen space in TDP).Leave films,people earlier approached Kareena,Katrina for item numbers but now people also approached her for an item number(though it was disastrousLOL)And I think Vidya has received all the praises she deserved(IMO) after TDP and Kahaani.She is not underrated anymore and now I wish,she doesn't hire any PR company so that she becomes overrated again!

Originally posted by New_nova

She does not have PR like kareena or Pc 

And thank god for that.Its very irritating to read only about one particular actress day after day.See now,both of Vidya's films have done well,and now she has disappeared till her next film releases.
Very good write up sb. I agree with most of it . I don't know why this 100 is given so much importance these days. How about being consistent. Vidya has been consistent not with good performances box office hits as well. Bhool bhulaiya, paa, ishqia (so what it bombed-her performance was lauded),nokj, tdp and kahaani.  Many bitched about tdp being hit cos of her boob showing , etc, but hell she comes and throws a kahaani with what…prancing in a long maternity dress..hah..covered head to toe. Now whattt!!Her next is ghanchakar, and watchout, yes this coming from a bebo fan. LOLIf the khans are giving 100cr vidya is giving roaring performances. I am likin this.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Rehanismabby_girl30Pirated_FunYusBee.khoobsurat.

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:16am | IP Logged
^ agree 100 cr. is so overrated. I rather watch great perf and a great film which Vidya always offers to the audience unlike the khans. I can't say I enjoyed Kahani and ishqia... but I always liked Vidya's perf except in WKJ. But she's consistent, and picks great films. Even if I didn't like Kahani many did. At the end of the day, the audience doesn't care about 100 cr they care about if they get their money's worth...and Vidya gives them quality films and acting.

Edited by beboholic - 07 August 2012 at 10:18am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

abby_girl30Chippeshwini

Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz
Chippeshwini
Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:19am | IP Logged
^ true that.. she probably wont want to though.

I don't even think she intended to make much money with Kahaani, and yet it earned it a really good amount... which is why the way of the Khans, which is to make bad scripts work with good starpower, should be changed to what she did... make good scripts be able to earn a comparable amount

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:22am | IP Logged
what's shocking to me though even if I thought bodyguard was hell a boring and even bebo couldn't save it ( which she usually does for me), Salman fans enjoyed it. I guess he is also giving his fans what they want...just to be fair 
Star_on_earth IF-Rockerz
Star_on_earth
Star_on_earth

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:23am | IP Logged
being in the 100 cr. club does not mean the movie is great... many films dont even deserve to be in it...but have managed to achieve 100 cr. only because of the actor's fan following... 

and vidya is no khan, her acting is good and her movies may be good but it doesnt get the same collections as the khan movies.. 

.khoobsurat.

Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz
Chippeshwini
Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:24am | IP Logged
^ that is toh totally true though haha
he may take up the world's worst script, but what he does in the movies, his fans lap it and he knows it haha.

I guess that's the difference between actors then. Some do films for audiences, some do it for the movie.

.khoobsurat.

Go to top