Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
^ true that.. she probably wont want to though.

I don't even think she intended to make much money with Kahaani, and yet it earned it a really good amount... which is why the way of the Khans, which is to make bad scripts work with good starpower, should be changed to what she did... make good scripts be able to earn a comparable amount
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
what's shocking to me though even if I thought bodyguard was hell a boring and even bebo couldn't save it ( which she usually does for me), Salman fans enjoyed it. I guess he is also giving his fans what they want...just to be fair 
Star_on_earth thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
being in the 100 cr. club does not mean the movie is great... many films dont even deserve to be in it...but have managed to achieve 100 cr. only because of the actor's fan following... 

and vidya is no khan, her acting is good and her movies may be good but it doesnt get the same collections as the khan movies.. 

Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
^ that is toh totally true though haha
he may take up the world's worst script, but what he does in the movies, his fans lap it and he knows it haha.

I guess that's the difference between actors then. Some do films for audiences, some do it for the movie.
Originally posted by: beboholic

first of all I wasn't the one who mentioned PR. Second... why would it flop if any actress did these films? I think if talented actresses like bebo or pc do these films it would have still been a sucess. In terms of Kahani while Vidya was great in it... the film was also liked by many. So we can't give all the credit to Vidya. So why would it flop if say bebo and pc were in great film like Kahani. 

Oh please everyone knew TDP was going to be a sucess. I was so excited when I saw the trailer and there was a lot of buzz around the movie. Kahani yes I didn't expect it to do well. But word of mouth and Vidya's perf helped it. 

At bold...so I guess it's okay that bebo thinks she's no. 1 actresses right? We should blame it on the industry ppl who always say she's the best! 

i never heard any statement where VIDYA herself said she is a KHAN or something...it was truly made up by people or media..for example...clearly shekhar from vishal shekhar said the same thing to vidya on the music launch of kahaani...should i blame vidya for it...the industry is obsessed tht they can't see women doing well so they tag with such names so that they get easily get in comparisons and flak which something u are saying...its obvious.

well since when kareena had given a solo hit...her chameli was a FLOP and JWM picked up from word of mouth if u don't want to give credit to Vidya for kahaani then kareena too doesn't take any credit JWM becoz it didn't open greatly as one would have expected...now if god forbid heroine collapses, she wouldn't even dare to take up a solo project...the thing is not about kareena Vs vidya here but how it is so easy for people to claim tht falana star would have done well...kareena herself said she doesn't have the guts to do silk's character and i think she had spoken the truth

and PR comment was not for u ... it was made in general..i guess that's where the topic is heading over right now
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
briahna-- are you by any chance Shane from Kareena forum? you sound just like her
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Nitu.. there's a video interview where she said at... so it's not media made up. 

And yes of course JWM wasn't a hit because of bebo. If I Remeber correctly film started off average opening and with good word of mouth about the film and great perf by bebo and shahid...that's what helped JWM to become a hit. 

In terms of heroine...just look at this forums poll..."which film are you dying to watch"...last time I checked heroine was leading. Even after comparisons with TDP and fashion people still wanna see it. heroine is  creating the same buzz that Vidya's TDP created. I don't think Kareena has a strong boxoffice pull because she doesn't have script sense of Vidya. If heroine is a good film and gets strong word of mouth...I don't see why it should flop. I don't think Kareena is less popular than Vidya. Vidya is more better at picking better films and that's what helps her boxoffice wise. 
Edited by beboholic - 11 years ago
Someone please ban this 100 crores thing from Bollywood. Its way way overrated and these days every POS movies from Ready to Rowdy Rathore collect 100 crores easily. Lets move on to 200 crores and till one reaches that milestone which was only achieved by 3 Idiots so far, lets stop this 100 crore nonsense.
briahna thumbnail
Originally posted by: beboholic

briahna-- are you by any chance Shane from Kareena forum? you sound just like her

hmmhmm lensa😆

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Originally posted by: briahna

hmmhmm lensa😆

it is you isn't it ðŸ¤—