Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Other TV actors who cud play Daadi's role.

clairvoyance Goldie
clairvoyance
clairvoyance

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:54am | IP Logged
Most of the casting of side role in IPK has been oK so far. 
Mamaji was Ok but his persona doesnt look him to be the eldest male in family.
He role has vanished. I thought it cud be shown him as a concerned father in law always supporting his two daughter in laws from Gupta family.

Meanwhile i feel other actors could have been signed rather than swati chitnis for dadis role.
She has done comedy before but this time i dont know why its not clicking that well.

I would have recommended
AMMAAJI( Meghna Mlaik) from Naa aana is des laado or someone like daadisa(surekha sikri) from balika vadhu. They have been as popular as lead actors.
Actually  many are not liking the entry of Dadi, in that situation one must bring those villain actors who have a massive fan following.
Dont u think sometimes its intersting to watch powerful female vamps. It makes us like the villain also at times. Despite being a villain we adore Gabbar Singh in the movie sholay.No body says that I hated Gabbar singh. Such is the aura of some negative characters.
Even Ramola Sikand played by Sudha Chandran was very popular as much as leading lady.
So to make the track more intersting a much more  prominent face as crooked Dadi would have been great bcoz while watching we would hv looked into the persona rather than her activities of crticising Khushi.. Swati chitnis is also good but still i would have wanted a larger Villain star to play daadi on screen.
Daadisa became more popular than aanandi in balika vadhu too.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

poonam.gupta12sanjanaarshiRickyBahl

Reema Groupbie
Reema
Reema

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:06am | IP Logged
I dont think this Dadi is negative...just strict & traditional.
In the beginning she will give Khushi a tough time but...finally she will shown as somebody who has her heart in the right placeSmile.

Personally I used to like the dadi in Geet...the 1st dadi[dont know her name]...before Anju Mahendru took over. She was graceful and had class but I guess she wdn't have suited this roleTongue.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top